IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 5: Married!

Destiny

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm fairly sure that was Olivia of Fresh Modesty.

I don't think it was her - it was a couple of teenaged sisters who loved the Boyers, and I think were one of those kind of Fundy pretend-Jewish families.  But there are so many, they all blur into one.  All I can picture is the picture of her throwing leaves in the air, and the terrible buttoning that my mum would never have let me out of the house with!

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Lurky said:

and I think were one of those kind of Fundy pretend-Jewish families. 

Messianic Jews.  Seders with cheeseburger soup . . .

Racheal?  Yes she does spell it like that.

No, it can't have been a Seppi, surely?  If it were one of them I want to see it!  http://melodys-notes.blogspot.com/

Or Lina?  She came up again recently.  She rocked her head coverings when she was in that phase.

No, sorry, I'm drawing a blank too - but I did try. ;)

4 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

. At least fundies love it and take it serious :o 

Do they? Do you know where it has been shared? I have never seen this before and I find it absurd.

Going back to Josh's congrats video, I seriously wonder if someone might have bet him some money to say "always good to have another Duggar sister."

JRod will never not be terrifying to me. 

The video where Gil and Kelly discuss wedding budgets with Michael is below. They don't mention the amount but I believe the previous posters who said $10k are correct.

Spoiler

Of the altered dresses, Whitney Bates' was the least awful with Alyssa's second. Again though, I think this is mostly down to fit.

Spoiler

IMG_0299.JPG.a1cf63d06f95782698f3fe74570ea2f6.JPG

IMG_0300.thumb.JPG.9e53c13a83969d719bed0e914ce3b49b.JPGIMG_0301.JPG.bdf8417d681be78fe05fbba6567a7341.JPG

On 9/12/2017 at 5:13 PM, nausicaa said:

So by my calculations, Jana has been a bridesmaid eight times (Josh, Priscilla, Jill, Jessa, Michael, Jinger, Joy, Joe). Am I missing any?

It's going to be 27 Dresses pretty soon.

Lol.My son LOVES that movie!

waiting on Joken pics and talking about other fundie weddings has got me looking up wedding vendors (I am no where near getting married AT ALL lol) and here are some interesting dress vendors I found:

http://www.zeitastudios.com/

http://wai-ching.com/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/palatinebridal

https://www.devotiondresses.com/

http://www.weddingdressfantasy.com/

definitely NOT fundy lol.

when are we getting pics though jeez

@singsingsing accidentally deleted your quote...but how about a FJ prom? You can wear the out there dress of your dreams!

On 9/12/2017 at 10:01 PM, The Wanderer said:

I feel like Anna's wedding party is dressed more appropriately for a funeral than a wedding.

Marrying Joshley is kind of like dying.

8 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

There is even a girl's version where they are singing "you are so respectable" :D These are from Mormons, but I've seen that song on other, non-LDS fundie blogs, too. 

Edit: Yes, they literally thank guy in a song for "keeping their hand pure" and not groping them. 

Gag me. I can't get through it.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Messianic Jews.  Seders with cheeseburger soup . . .

:pb_lol: Such an accurate description of those people, I love it!

16 hours ago, L1o2u3 said:

@bal maiden I think this is probably what happened. I came across a blog post from hellomodesty (a sister from the Girl Defined girls) a few days ago where she shared a "modesty hack"..

http://hellomodesty.com/summer-adorable-diy-dress/

Well, I don't know her real size, but it's definitely not an XXL, more like S/M. 

But I can see her arms!!! And knees!! *clutched pearls and faints*

:wtsf: I've never seen anybody wearing a cardigan like that. 

Oh, and sometimes there are even butt pics :D "Look how modest I am! Can you see my butt? You can't, right? No butt!"

Hello Modesty

Awwww on the crying when Kendra walked down the aisle. 

:my_dodgy: This is my face when I read the quote about starting a family as soon as the Lord gives them kids. 

Now that I'm seeing a better picture of the dress, not something I'd wear to my wedding but it probably ties with Jinjer's for my favorite dress now. Way better then I was expecting. It looks like an actual dress not some patched together table cloth.

12 minutes ago, L1o2u3 said:

Oh look, this one picture shows more personality in each of the Duggar's than their television shows have!

I do kinda love this picture, not gonna lie. Reminds me of me and my friends/fam, we do these all the time.

Also, oh my. Joy. I'm hoping she just looks huge because she's holding her dress in because if that's just one baby and she's only a couple months I'd hate to think what kind of back pain etc. she'd have carrying full term. Is it twins? It'd have to be, right? I know we have all these conversations about Joy always being built curvier than her sisters but that belly looks quite. cumbersome. for just a couple months along. I know some women just carry differently, it's just such a shock to see her heavily pregnant when just a few months ago she needed permission from her father to buy an outfit.

...anyone else thinking that Smuggar was the far right (next to Jill) and they've strategically cropped him out???

I like the dress, something fun, cute, and weather-appropriate, i assume. This is probably the first and last moemnt of individualized attention she is ever going to get, so good for her. And i love how they cropped the pictures to avoid showing Anna and fuckface :pb_lol:

Awww... I have to admit, I kind of have a soft spot for Joe and Kendra right now. Gonna roll with it until they get on social media and start posting about gay conversion therapy or bringing back prohibition or whatever.

I really like the pic where they are making funny faces, but poor Jenni, that is her everyday face.

I found the previous conversation on the size of Joy's bump and the speculation about it annoying and over the top so just scrolled through it mostly, but really that bump! Gosh, can't imagine her at 9 months. I know she is puffing out belly and holding in her dress to pop out even more. 

While I wouldn't choose Kendra's dress for myself, or probably even like it if I saw a picture on a model, I still think Kendra looks gorgeous in it. So yeah, I do like her dress, it's young and suits her well. 

Jill is almost definitely facing someone in the line up too, I wonder who they had to crop out? Haha, no small child or blinding white glare to block him out.

Joy has her hand on her belly, purposely pulling the dress tight around her bump. There's no doubt that she has a bump and she wants to show it off. 

I like Kendra's dress. She's said to be bubbly and I think it suits her! :) 

ETA: Lauren Caldwell is beautiful. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived