IGNORED

Dillards 36: Seating for Family of Four Now

Coconut Flan

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What's the point? This isn't snark, it's not even bitch-eating-crackers, it's straight up shitting on people just for the sake of shitting on them. I think there are people here who are going to be genuinely disappointed if it turns out that nothing is wrong with Jill.

I agree it would be horrible if people were genuinely hoping for Jill to have a complication, but I don't think that's what was going on. I think it was justified for people to worry about Jill this time around; the Dillards were being very quiet, Jill was mostly unseen for weeks, there were weird sad posts, and she had her second difficult birth in two years. It's only natural that people would be concerned. I'm relieved that she appears happy and healthy, and I think most of us feel the same way! I am curious whether they will reveal more birth story details in upcoming articles and shows. We still don't know much about what actually went down. (Also, not that they aren't entitled to privacy, but it's a departure from the usual Duggar MO.)

I also think the Dillards have very little interesting things going on in their lives aside from health crises, and the show bears that out. So I wouldn't say the thread being dominated by health conspiracies is entirely shocking or unwarranted. :pb_biggrin: I do wholeheartedly agree that snarking on health problems/people's appearances is distasteful, and I wouldn't encourage that. But snarking and genuine concern are very different things.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@singsingsing I agree with you. I was almost relieved when they posted that picture today because I thought finally maybe the Dillard thread wouldn't be about Jill's left hand not being visible, no family pictures of the 4 of them together, their house looking like a rehab facility, Jill being too pale. Only for it to devolve even further because apparently even when they're giving us what we ask for it's not good enough. I don't even read this thread anymore because it's just a pointless bash fest now.  I despise Derrick as much as the next person but damn can we just stop with the grim prognosis that has been non stop since that baby was born? They don't owe us anything. 

It's hard to know intent and sometimes tone from words on the internet, but I agree with singsingsing. There were an awful lot of people that seemed truly concerned, but also a handful of posters who I won't name,  that, to me, seemed to be 'concern trolling'. Some posts reminded me, for example, 'concern' for on obese persons weight when really it's  fat shaming. (If you don't know what I mean, read replies to basically anything Roxanne Gay, the author, posts on twitter. That type of 'concern' makes me feel ill)

13 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I agree it would be horrible if people were genuinely hoping for Jill to have a complication, but I don't think that's what was going on. I think it was justified for people to worry about Jill this time around [snippity]

Oh yeah, the initial anxiety here didn't seem that inappropriate (I can't speak for sing^3, but IIRC she also remarked on the unusual silence, so I'm pretty sure she's not indicting those early discussions at all.) However, there have been people who, faced with a bunch of pictures of Jill going about her normal, monogram-wearing, pizza-eating life, are still spinning these wild conspiracy theories about her health. The weird insistence makes them seem a little too invested in the idea of Jill being injured or traumatized, ya know?

Izzy looks so cute in that family pic I can't even deal. Jill looks happy and healthy. Sam looks like your average newborn – tired and grumpy (just like me when I had to get up for work today!)

2 hours ago, JessaBlessa said:

No, the lamp shade's crooked.

and it appears that Jill is only wearing one earing 

cute picture 

:D 

I felt like the anxiety around Jill was that we didn't trust her to have proper caring for labor and delivery....as in trying a VBAC with Jana and Michelle as her medical personnel. I know I was. Laboring too long for a VBAC at home had me worried.

And I would never have had anything but the three hospital deliveries I had,which weren't even perfect, some mistakes were made. So we were nervous, to me.

30 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I felt like the anxiety around Jill was that we didn't trust her to have proper caring for labor and delivery....as in trying a VBAC with Jana and Michelle as her medical personnel. I know I was. Laboring too long for a VBAC at home had me worried.

I also feel like she doesn't always have the best interest of the child more of herself and her agenda 

Honestly I'm still convinced that there's a reason they weren't sharing in msm. Might be as simple as Jill was unwashed and didn't want her pictures posted but my money's on her having some sort of complication. Infection from the incision or maybe she lost a lot of blood.

Pickles posted this picture on her Facebook page and insinuated that the babys head looks small. Totalbitch move, anyway... Her humpers  jumped up and down, clapping with glee chanting Zika! He has Zika!  Others decided he has Downs. I wanted to scream "You're all idiots! He's just ugly!" There's another picture posted after and his head looks just fine, and he's really cute.

Seriously. This thread is absolutely ridiculous and has been for weeks now. I get that many people may have been genuinely concerned, but as I (and so many others) pointed out there was no point in the spiraling anxiety or concern trolling or the really kind of inappropriate medical speculating that was happening. 

They don't post anything and they're "obviously" hiding something. Now they actually do what people wanted and they're STILL getting shit from posters here? Really?! Grow. The. Fuck. Up. They owe you absolutely nothing and have every right to share what they want when they see fit. 

And like @singsingsingsaid, enough with the bullshit regarding physical appearance or Derick's medical condition. He can't necessarily control either and it's a real dick move to make fun of him for it. 

4 minutes ago, nst said:

I also feel like she doesn't always have the best interest of the child more of herself and her agenda 

This is what I'm talking about. We know next to nothing about Samuel's birth. All we know is that there was a 40 hour labor and a c-section. That's it. It's ridiculous to judge Jill for this birth when none of us knows what actually happened. Judge her all you want for things we do know - like her decision to missioncation - but people need to stop jumping to unwarranted conclusions.

Dipping in and out of this thread, I read most comments as concern. It's possible some of the hypothesizing about possible complications from a VBAC handled without medical expertise went down a rabbit hold a little. I guess I took that as part of a 'huh, here are some new layers of risk posed by this kind of fundie lifestyle in general' rather than assumptions these things did in fact happen to Jill. But I didn't read everything so maybe I'm getting the gist wrong. However in my short time on FJ I've never thought it was a malicious place. But if some comments go too far they should be dissuaded from becoming a thread drift.

Cute pic and glad they finally got one up! All I'm gonna say about that.

As for them reading, as I've said before, I fully believe *somebody* does, here and at Pickles. Whether its them or someone from their PR firm. There are just too many times for them to all be coincidences. It's smart actually because we give the opposite angle of what the leghumpers are gonna say. Know your enemy and all that. I speculated early on that part of the reason for the silence on Jill and Sam might be because the backlash over Jill's poor handling of Izzy's birth was HUGE and that was without a pic like Sam's in the hospital. IF her poor choices once again led to a dangerous situation, they may not be willing/able to face up to that kind of negativity a second time, let slone while trying to recover and get adjusted. JMHO.

New photo on IG. Don't bother going to their blog - we've already seen the photos there. 

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Oh yeah, the initial anxiety here didn't seem that inappropriate (I can't speak for sing^3, but IIRC she also remarked on the unusual silence, so I'm pretty sure she's not indicting those early discussions at all.) However, there have been people who, faced with a bunch of pictures of Jill going about her normal, monogram-wearing, pizza-eating life, are still spinning these wild conspiracy theories about her health. The weird insistence makes them seem a little too invested in the idea of Jill being injured or traumatized, ya know?

Like pickles & hairspray? I haven't read through the threads but surely she's been mentioned. Every single post, like the latest about Joe & Kendra's bachelor/bachelorette parties and she's going on all "tell us the truth!!!" Dude, calm down, if something happened they have the right to be discreet without people jumping to conclusions.

He's so cute!  I remember with my babies, the mittens.  It's freaky how they have such sharp nails you need to cover or they scratch themselves.   We had to use NB socks at first because the mittens were too big.  Scratching aside, the baby mittens are too cute.

Awwww....I want another baby!  I'll snap out of it soon but still, they grow up too fast.  

22 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

This is what I'm talking about. We know next to nothing about Samuel's birth. All we know is that there was a 40 hour labor and a c-section. That's it. It's ridiculous to judge Jill for this birth when none of us knows what actually happened. 

I am judging her for her bad hair choices 

29 minutes ago, Berta McGee said:

I wanted to scream "You're all idiots! He's just ugly!" There's another picture posted after and his head looks just fine, and he's really cute.

after the crappy day I had THIS MADE MY NIGHT
You are my favorite person tonight 

@singsingsing I should clarify, I absolutely do not think they read freejinger or that they posted that picture because of internet speculation. I just thought the timing was amusing since the thread had specifically discussed them posting pictures in response to comments. I agree that the only opinions/questions/whatever they are seeing is on instagram, if that. And that the most likely explanation for the post is that...they finally wrangled everyone into one picture and found the time to post it.

I also agree with you about the medical speculation, @VelociRapture. I don't think it's unreasonable for the thread to have morphed into a discussion of possible ramifications of 2 C-sections, but that doesn't mean any of these things actually happened to Jill.

After my last was born, I didn't even call my parents for a few days.  Too much going on, and I just didn't need to involve another layer of opinions.

I think the Ds might just be done with following the asswipe D patriarchs' approach to sharing EVERYTHING with the media.

Just sayin ....

24 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I think the Ds might just be done with following the asswipe D patriarchs' approach to sharing EVERYTHING with the media.

Good first step.

Now they need to get their asses off the TV and do BETTER by the next generation-

Anything short of that is just lipstick on another Duggar pig.

I think Sam is going to look a lot like his dad, but with his mum's nose. 

Baby mittens are super cute, I didn't know that was a thing! I must invest in a pair should I have a baby one day (though, if it's summer is it safe for a baby? I'd hate to have a baby in the middle of summer here and they'd never get to wear them because it's too hot).

On the topic of adorable baby wear, the tiny shoes always get me. I have no idea what age range tiny baby shoes I see in stores a for, but my god they are so so cute!

Found this. You don't send this type of verse unless the recipient is very troubled and is in need of comfort. Just saying.

20430018_1945339495682043_9097914826362579023_n.jpg

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I understand cultural appropriation in this sense, and agree with you. I feel very strongly about people wearing a rosary around their necks.  it's not a symbol of oppression, but it is, in Catholic culture, a sacramental, or something used in the service of prayer... IT IS NOT JEWELRY.  Just as a cross or a crucifix or a star of David around someone's neck, or a symbol of another religion, it has a special meaning to that person and shouldn't be usurped.

I get really jacked out of shape when I see my nephew's tattoo of the crucified Christ. He spent his youth saying that God didn't exist, so why does he have that permanently etched on his body?

I disagree. If you were born, baptised and raised in a church that dominates your culture and that refuses to cancel you from its members list when you leave and will never stop trying to proselytize to you (as the RCC does with me), well I think you have a right to use its religious symbols as you see fit, as long as you don't steal them, damage other people's property, attack or desecrate people's holy places, use subterfuge to obtain things people wouldn't otherwise entrust you with.
When a religion permeates the culture you live, breath and grew up with, well then it's your culture too, you aren't appropriating a thing, it belongs to you too in the measure it contributed to your cultural existence.

But while I think you have rights over its symbols, you definitely don't have rights to its sacrality. There's in fact an enormous difference between tattooing a crux on your skin for your own reasons (or deciding you want to wear your rosary as a hair tie) and desecrating the Eucharist or interfering with people's holy rites.

Also according with your criterion we should get rid of a lot of great art such as the original painting my fj avatar is inspired to, not even the RCC would approve of that.

4 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Derick is that you? A little too defensive of dericks "FMLA," pork, and other criticisms of the family. 

Things Derick has taken heat for in the last couple of days: eating pizza in his car with his wife, eating pepperoni even though the Duggars claimed they didn't eat pork, being part of a family that is appropriating another culture again, posting a photo on Instagram eating ribs which is passive aggressive, having time to post on social media when he should be working, caring for his family for a few weeks after Jill has a baby because most families can't afford to do that. It all just seems a little ridiculous. There have been lots of things to criticize Derick for in the past and I'm sure there will be things in the future. All this stuff is just plain petty.

So....is the guest house where Ben lived while courting Jessa? I thought it was the pool house, but that was sold, right? Or was just the big mansion sold? Can't keep the real estate straight.

• Destiny locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived