Yup!!!! You are correct !!!!!!!!

Kinda like this?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170730-121850.png

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Sorry but I'm laughing at the last bit!!! Your post is very educational. Are you a butcher/farmer?  You have just cheered up a very chilly July evening!!

I own a small, organic "hobby farm," which is my true passion, but it isn't my job. I briefly worked as a cook in a badly mismanaged kitchen, and I loved it, but I'm nowhere close to being a chef or a butcher. That would be awesome though. As much as I love food, I don't have the skills, time, or physical energy to work in a real kitchen, but I'm thrilled to have had the opportunities that I had. It was a bucket list kind of thing to do. 

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Jinger wears pants: "You go, girl!"

Jill eats pepperoni: "Dumb as fuck or huge-ass hypocrite."

I understand that the whole Duggar family seemed to contradict their rule about pork, but maybe as an adult, Jill has purposefully decided not to follow that rule. But it's Jill so must be dumb as fuck or hypocritical. Any changes in Jill's behavior that could be construed as growth don't fit into the FJ narrative.

I was actually specifically talking about the entire Duggar family (which is why I said "the Duggars" and not "Jill" or "the Dillards"), and yeah, they are either too stupid/ignorant to figure out that pepperoni contains pork, or they are hypocrites for pretending to follow a rule which they don't actually follow.

Personally, I have never celebrated Jinger's wearing pants, but I think it would be even more ridiculous to celebrate Jill eating pork because her whole family has been eating pork all along. As long as they don't change their hateful beliefs, I don't give a damn about what they cover their legs with our what they put into their hate-spewing mouths. That said, other posters may disagree and that is perfectly fine. You know why? Because we are all individuals and there is no such thing as the FJ narrative.

I just saw this on Duggar Family Fan Blog. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/07/dillard-update.html?m=1

jill%2Bderick%2Bsamuel%2Bjuly%2B30.jpg

Is that the top of Jill's breast on the left?

I should say that I have absolutely no problem with breast-feeding in public at all, and I think women being forced to cover up is ridiculous. I'm just really surprised. For a family that has a problem with showing knees or shoulders, I wouldn't have expected this.

Just now, joy2world said:

Is that the top of Jill's breast on the left?

Because her shirt doesn't appear to be crumpled around it, I think it's the baby's arm. 

I was going to say the same about those pork ribs!But someone else cooked them for them.If Jill was nursing,she'd have a cover.It's his arm.

She's looking good.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

That just makes no sense to me. The other parts still come from the unkosher animal. The law addresses the type of animal itself, not the part of the animal it comes from.

http://biblehub.com/leviticus/11-3.htm

But then I'm asking the Duggars to make sense...

My family will eat bacon but not pork or ham. It's not because we don't understand the rules, it was a cultural thing that we just don't eat pork/ham based off tradition. And it became weird or gross to me for this reason. But bacon is so delicious, that we'd make an exception or something, as was pepperoni. To his day, I'd probably never order pork or ham or (but will eat it on occasion if it's in an appetizer) at a restaurant and would never buy it for myself. I'll eat sausage on occasion but again tend to avoid it. But I definitely eat tons of bacon and pepperoni.

Someone once asked me about it and that bacon doesn't count, it comes from the bacon tree. I think it's weird little leftovers from religious rules that were gradually being assimilated over generations. Someone started breaking rules and justified it to themselves (just bacon, not pork!) and it gets passed along despite making no sense. However, my sister briefly went through a religious phase and did give up all pork products.

21 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

The real story here is those pork ribs. :pb_lol:

Now I've got to give credit to Jill and Derick for some first class FJ trolling!

9 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

@MadeItOut That campaign was in the Republic? That's shocking. I'm surprised I didn't hear about it; we usually get a great deal of the Republics news since I'm in a border county/city

Back just around Christmas there. The ones in the shopping centre were the worst. You can kinda write off the radio and telly for sanity sake, but that was surreal and horrible.

4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

5159627_orig.jpg

The Duggars remind me of when my family goes on vacation to places where the Jewish population is practically zero (so people don't know about kosher restrictions), and when we tell the waitstaff we don't eat pork and ask about items on the menu, they recommend items with ham. 

That's like that bit in 'My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding': "He don't eat no meat? Is okay - I make lamb".

3 hours ago, cascarones said:

Food restrictions are definitely in context, my Big Fat Greek Wedding where Ian is vegetarian and they decide he'll have lamb.

Great minds...

2 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

In the case of the pepperoni, I'm inclined to think the Duggars either didn't know, or didn't consider, pepperoni to be pork. 

Pancetta, as well as Bacon, AKA "streaky bacon," are from the belly of the pig. 

Ham, whole ham, glazed ham, AKA "gammon," pigs knuckles, AKA "gammon hock," are from the thigh. So is a pork roast. 

The shoulder includes what is called picnic ham or pork shoulder.

Pepperoni is seasoned fat trimmings, from both pork and beef, and sausage is from organs and other parts. 

ETA: The loin includes pork chops, pork medallions, and baby back ribs.

It could be the Duggars only consider the loin to be pork, and the other parts are just.... Not pork? Not sure how that adds up exactly. 

But then there is this...

Canadian bacon, AKA "back bacon," is also from the loin, which would make it a Duggar grey area. Would they consider it to be pork because it's from the loin, or would it be bacon because nobody calls it back loin, or back pork? Maybe pepperoni should have been called porkeronis instead. Than nobody would accidentally eat them. Do all-beef pepperonis exist? 

The Duggars might be like a lot of more liberal Jews who do "safe treyf" - if you can't immediately tell that it's pork or shellfish, or it's not literally called pork or shrimp or whatever, it's OK. Some theorize that that's why Chinese food (which, unless you're eating specifically kosher Chinese food, vegetarian Buddhist Chinese food, or halal Chinese food - which is way more common than you think because there are a lot of Chinese Muslims who have integrated with the majority Han culture to varying degrees) is generally "OK" for a lot of otherwise kosher Jews.

Or maybe they've lightened up about it. Or Jill just wanted some goddamn pepperoni and earned it after giving birth to a giant baby. And being married to one.

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Or maybe they've lightened up about it. Or Jill just wanted some goddamn pepperoni and earned it after giving birth to a giant baby. And being married to one.

ROFL! I've just sprayed tea everywhere. Thanks for the laugh! ;)

And still no picture of big bother Izzy with Sammy.

So, I will really know we have been trolled if I see all 4....standing and then a video of them going for a stroll! 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Or Jill just wanted some goddamn pepperoni and earned it after giving birth to a giant baby. And being married to one.

It took me way too long to figure out that you were referring to Derick as a giant baby not as a pepperoni...

Derick is not a Duggar, so he might have a different stance on the consumption of pork. As Jill's headship, he might have decided they are a pork-eating family, which is why she ate the pepperoni. 

The no pork thing was a sort of vague, wishy washy rule that Jim Bob and Michelle imposed on their family. I never heard them say that it was a rigid or super important rule. I have literally never heard Derick or Jill express that they personally don't eat pork. They're not hypocrites for eating pork if they have no issue eating pork.

• Destiny locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived