IGNORED

Lori Alexander 25: A Wife Is a Good *Thing*

9 hours ago, Hane said:

Soapbox here:  No, children are not vending machines that are designed to pump out grandchildren and retirement income. They're human beings with priorities of their own.  Want grandkids? Volunteer for one of those fun "adopt-a-grandmother" programs. And good luck making your kids support you: the younger generation has it a lot tougher than mine did.

Using this as a jumping off point.  Once Sea Filly 1 hit 18, I've had family and strangers asking me when I'm going to be a grand-mother..I'm in no hurry. In fact I don't care if I never become a GM.

OTOH, I'm certain should there be another generation, I will love them and look after them but I don't want my kids to reproduce on my behalf.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teens and food: My daughter could eat her weight in food daily from the ages of 12 to 15. Good Lord that girl could eat. This is the child who I swear survived on kool-aid and air as a toddler. My boys? Yeah, nevermind. #1 son ate like a football player from birth...we joked that the Army was going to lose money having to feed him. #2 son, it hit at about age 13. My husband has an insane appetite too. Trips to Golden Corral were embarrassing!!! 

Parents: My mother...I don't know what the hell she was thinking, but I got stuck taking care of her hateful, bitter ass. 7 years of hell on earth. 

16 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Not if they value their sanity, or want any kind of peaceful home life, they won't! 

I'd personally be highly surprised if the sons took her. They will (hopefully) want to keep their wives happy, which means no sour-faced, bitter-souled, acid-tongued Lori. It will most likely end up on her daughters' shoulders and one daughter in particular (because the other has likely set up firm boundaries, which Lori doesn't believe in).

On 8/2/2017 at 8:23 PM, EowynW said:

Reading through the comments in the latest few shitdoodles. Why do the leghumpers think that a woman having to work two means the couple is living extravagantly or aren't making something of themselves?

23 hours ago, December said:

Insecurity in their own choices and ideology? The grass is always greener on the other side, too. Many people I've encountered with these views (fundie and not) seem to think that two-income households, childless couples, etc. lead far more glamorous and carefree lives than the reality usually is! 

I agree with December, I think their bullshit generalized beliefs about two income homes comes from insecurity. There is a Mormon blogger that I follow has occasionally blogged about how her family lived on one income. Her mom was a Mormon SAHM and there were six daughters. She did blog postings about her family struggled and how she would see kids from smaller families with two incomes who had more things or nicer things than her. That blogger said that parents with two incomes were interesting in having things rather than kids. She also said that she believed that families with working moms feel guilty and that is why they bought their kids cars and things.

This Mormon blogger still seemed a bit bitter imo over money issues from her childhood. It bugged me that the Mormon blogger never considered the reasons why some of her friends' parents chose to have to two incomes and fewer kids. She doesn't know if the parents were putting money in college savings for the kids or if the kids did chores and earned some of the some of the things they had.

Some of Lori's fangirls were recently talking about how they don't go on vacations, don't have cable or expensive electronics and expensive clothes just because they stay at home with the kids. I know plenty of working moms that don't have some of the same things that those SAHMs don't have either. The fangirls don't realize that in many high cost of living areas families with two incomes still struggle and don't have a lot of luxuries.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:49 AM, Koala said:

I guarantee you they are counting on their sons to bankroll their retirement.

I agree. Lori is idiot because she doesn't think that shit could happen to her sons or something could happen within their own families that would create financial issues. I hope that if Lori tries to live off her sons later on that one of her DILs shuts it down somehow.

26 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Some of Lori's fangirls were recently talking about how they don't go on vacations, don't have cable or expensive electronics and expensive clothes just because they stay at home with the kids.

(snip)

Meanwhile, their godly mentor has been on vacation for 6 weeks (and counting).

Ken has a job... is he working remotely from their vacation spot, or did he leave her there, and go home and back to work?

Who's watering her indoor lemon tree?

Does Lori realize that this vacation of hers is not at all typical? For SAHMs and for two-income families?

We don't have kids, live simply, have no debt,etc and the only vacation we have had so far was one weekend camping. It'll be a long time before we can afford more than that. 

7 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

Meanwhile, their godly mentor has been on vacation for 6 weeks (and counting).

Ken has a job... is he working remotely from their vacation spot, or did he leave her there, and go home and back to work?

Does Lori realize that this vacation of hers is not at all typical? For SAHMs and for two-income families?

She doesn't realize it and her many of her fangirls don't realize that Lori has very little in common with them. As for Ken, I'm guessing he does work remotely from their vacation spot and probably checks in his son and the other people who work for him. It's also possible that Ken isn't working and is allowing Ryan to have more control. I wouldn't be surprised if the nanny Lucy is one who house sits and waters the plants for Loriken when they are away.

I just read this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/08/03/christians-are-more-than-twice-as-likely-to-blame-a-persons-poverty-on-lack-of-effort/?utm_term=.c07a356309d8

Someone a couple pages back (I am trying to catch up) talked about 2 income people are trying to buy luxuries and FJers were calling BS, which I agree. The article is from the Washington Post and Kaiser Family Foundation. They found

46 percent of all Christians said someone was poor because they were not trying hard enough.

On the other hand

Only 29 percent of non-Christians believed this was to be the case, according to the survey which looked at 1,686 American adults.

How very, very sad that Christians (who should read Jesus' words about feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, etc) should be more helpful to the poor but instead are more likely to blame them. :(

If they're both sneaking up on 60 (or over), Ken may be a figurehead at this point.  Not quite able to "officially" retire, but at a point in business that his direct input or observation isn't necessary.  Vacation from his perspective is going to be very different than hers.  She's such a spoiled brat.  

She aims her blog at working age folks, "young" people as she puts it.  WTF does she know about how non-wealthy households function?  I believe the phrase "eat the rich" was coined because of her kind.   

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

She aims her blog at working age folks, "young" people as she puts it.  WTF does she know about how non-wealthy households function?  I believe the phrase "eat the rich" was coined because of her kind.   

She admitted that in the early years of her marriage her parents helped them out. They gave them a car and they paid for the mobile home or trailer park rent(can't remember which one).  There is nothing wrong with parents helping out adult children they are starting out. One of the problems is Lori doesn't understand that not all parents can help their adult children.

4 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

She admitted that in the early years of her marriage her parents helped them out. They gave them a car and they paid for the mobile home or trailer park rent(can't remember which one).  There is nothing wrong with parents helping out adult children they are starting out. One of the problems is Lori doesn't understand that not all parents can help their adult children.

Neither of our parents can. We are on our own. 

Dear  Lori,

Please let me adopt your cat so that he/she may have a kind and loving home with a family who respects and understands the needs and little souls of animals.  I am totally serious and will travel there to rescue him.  

I can't stop replaying your story about trying to kick him, something I'm sure you've done many times before - and now I'm worried he's all alone in your house with no food or water.  At best someone might be putting down kibble every few days.  I'm sure his welfare in a priority to no one.  :tw_cry:

8 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

The same person that waters it when she is home....her housekeeper.

58 minutes ago, Curious said:

The same person that waters it when she is home....her housekeeper.

Yeah, I suspect things run the same at the house whether Lori is there or not. The cat gets fed by the same person, the housework still gets done. I imagine Lori has a standing order for a big nourishing salad to be waiting for her upon each return date. 

I think Lori makes her own very limited meals in that house and that is all. 

I bet that her housekeeper could tell some stories.

Tonight at Walmart, we struck up a conversation with our cashier, who sat on a stool as she rang people out. She said that she's 76 years old, and that she works at 2 jobs, 7 days a week. She rang us out quickly and efficiently.

I told her that I hope when I'm her age, that I have as much energy as she does. Her reply: "You know why I have energy? Because I have bills to pay. That's what gets me out of bed and out the door to work."

50 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

She said that she's 76 years old, and that she works at 2 jobs, 7 days a week. She rang us out quickly and efficiently.

Our landlady is my old boss' mom. She's 86 years old. She's the property manager for where we live along with about 100 other properties in the area and is also a licensed realtor. She looks FANTASTIC, drives her Cadillac all over town, travels and generally lives a very active life. She has more energy in her little finger than any 5 people of almost any age. Lori, at not quite 60, has pretty much already decided to lay down and die. My mother pulled the same shit after my dad died and it took her another 14 years to die. Oh, and our landlady looks YOUNGER than Lori too. 

More proof that it is really Ken who does the cooking!! Baked potato and rice? A bit starchy. Where is the veggie? Oh yeah there was probably a salad before.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

More proof that it is really Ken who does the cooking!!

Yes, more evidence of Ken doing "women's work" AKA "Lori's work."  Now for my real snark:  I cook a whole lot of fish.  That recipe!  Such a seasoning combo - I'm guessing you don't even care to taste the fish.  Rice AND potatoes?  OK, I'm done.

Yeah, where ate the veggies? Corn on the cob, broccoli, green beans, peas, zucchini, squash, etc. fresh from a farm stand. You can grill veggies outside on skewers or in foil or in one of those contraptions that looks like a cage. Yummy!

Once again her " healthy" eating leaves some room for improvement. That recipe has too much seasonings, in my opinion. Fresh veggies don't need much seasoning.

Also why have rice and potatoes?  Besides being two starchy foods, they seem like winter foods - heavy. It would make me sleepy. Fresh veggies should be eaten in the summer as much as possible, not something you can have any time of the year. So I'd give that meal a B- or C+.

I'm totally with you @Chocolatedefrauded .  I went shopping yesterday and got bags full of fruit and veggies grown within a few miles of me.  My counters and fridge look like still life paintings!  Much of this I'll eat raw or maybe just singed or steamed a bit.  It's that time of year!

When I fix fish, I use a little lemon juice and some Old Bay. That's it. We normally have something lighter with it, like pasta salad of some sort. I toss some frozen veggies in with the pasta. 

But...I don't see any "yumminess" in the dreck that Lori is showing...

I don't think I have ever served rice and potatoes together but I DO serve mashed potatoes with chicken and noodles. That is a sacred combination around here; so I guess two starches is not unheard of. Chicken and noodles is a definite winter meal for us, usually made in large batches for weekend company or potlucks. Great! Now I am dying for that comfort food. 

I think the fish LOOKS good but the seasoning seems a little overwhelming. I cook a lot of fish - usually tilapia but some salmon. I season it very lightly so I can enjoy the actual fish. 

I can't help but think if one of Lori's readers had posted a meal made by the husband, Lori would chastise her for making the man do women's work. 

Oh! Back to the starches. Both my son and son-in-law used to order a baked potato AND fries as their sides. I guess it is a teenage boy thing?? When our friends were visiting from London, their eleven year old boy did just that. I just looked at his mother and said "Your grocery budget is about to skyrocket." 

If Ken & Lori like the fish seasoned that way and like the combo, who cares? People can eat what they want. 

Here's my problem with it: how many times a week does she go online to criticize women for not cooking for their families? And does she ever not equate not doing the cooking with sin and disobedience to God/the Bible? Why is Ken doing the cooking? Why is that okay? How is that not Lori sinning and being disobedient to God?

Someone ask her. Please. I want to know if you get a response or just get blocked. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived