Coconut Flan

Joy and Austin have a  lot more chemistry than any of the other married couples. They are adorable together. Kendra is too young to get married -- just like Joy was. 

I'm assuming that UP TV staged the Joseph/Kendra proposal. I couldn't be less interested in their courtship which we will have to suffer through this season.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's personably also prepping his message for Sunday school, bible study as well as emailing and other housekeeping. In many of these evangelical churches sermons are part of a series, so he may not be prepping just one sermon. I've seen his sermons; they're quite theoretical. He's an expository preacher. 

Pastors do a lot behind the scenes that their congregation doesn't realize. Can't sneak on Jeremy for that. 

I agree I don't think she was signing a marriage license mainly because if I remember correctly the bride and groom sign the license application on the date they apply  and after the ceremony is performed the minister signs or verifies that they performed the ceremony.  I think they were signing a marriage covenant or something like it so here married name would be okay.

I agree with this completely. Right before they signed Caldwell talked about their marriage being a covenant. I assumed they were signing their covenant marriage certificate.

It may really not be appropriate for Jeremy to talk about all of the work he does.  

My brother in law is a minister.... he does personal Bible studies, hospital visits, funerals, weddings, a weekly sermon at one of the three churches he is over. Besides the running of the paperwork required.. committee meetings.. he is vice president of our church... and whenever there are problems in any of the churches he has to go and visit the people and try and sort it out (across the whole country) he is one very very busy man.   But he would NEVER tell you about all of the details of his job.  I know about a lot of the work he does as he married my sister. :D 

On 6/14/2017 at 2:06 AM, season of life said:

The non-Duggar bridesmaids were Heidi Query, Sierra Jo Dominguez, Kendra Caldwell, and Meagan Ballinger.

Derick announced the baby's name, Samuel Scott Dillard, in his Twitter bio. We discussed it in the Dillard threads.

That is only the second time I've seen the name Samuel Scott —. The first time is my husband.

I've been so busy I didn't even realize the show was back. Spent my break this evening catching up. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

Idk about this.... did you see homegirl's reaction after the kiss? Beaming and flushed are understatements ! :dance:

ETA: Also, Mr. Forsyth seemed the least thrilled about the glitterbombing. His face looked all red, and fuming like you could see the steam coming out of his ears almost.

25 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

ETA: Also, Mr. Forsyth seemed the least thrilled about the glitterbombing

Glitter is of the devil. It has no place in a house of worship. 

Amy King, cousin to the Duggars, posted on IG that June 19 will be a special about her. That will be interesting.

On 6/15/2017 at 2:06 PM, amendgitan said:

No. You're not. It's a strong symbol of the Christian patriarchy. It denotes ownership of the female- a transfer of property from father to husband.

Wow, in a more truthful world this could be adapted to read as their wedding vows!

Well I just had a chance to watch the episode and just want to say I think the Kendra proposal was awful. I mean it just was so quick and not special, intimate, or romantic at all. I wonder how she truly felt about it. 

Joy's wedding design was nice, even though the hay all over the floor was a bit much. They should have hired that Cindy person a long time ago! She's much classier than the other planner. I guess Ciara wasn't involved in any of the planning or baking this time. Did Joy serve any food, or just cake/cupcakes? 

I'm mad that I find that backwards pastor extremely hot lol. 

Well I just had a chance to watch the episode and just want to say I think the Kendra proposal was awful. I mean it just was so quick and not special, intimate, or romantic at all. I wonder how she truly felt about it. 

Joy's wedding design was nice, even though the hay all over the floor was a bit much. They should have hired that Cindy person a long time ago! She's much classier than the other planner. I guess Ciara wasn't involved in any of the planning or baking this time. Did Joy serve any food, or just cake/cupcakes? 

Cindy has a good eye for flowers and design overall it seems. Although Joy's wedding had a more autumn feel to it it was  beautiful.

It's hard to imagine that Joy is married now at 19. Maybe it will be her to have the first Duggar grand-twins who knows...

Does anyone think any of the Duggar children will have an outdoor wedding? I use to think maybe fundies couldn't have outdoor weddings, but Brandon Keilen ' s brothers recent wedding was an outdoor wedding. I'm actually suprised it hasn't happened considering how frugal we know Jim Bob is. Their property has more than enough space to hold a wedding and they could do a reception bbq right afterwards since they have a nice grill set up.

Hi all!

Haven't posted on this forum in a while, but I've been following it every day. Now this new season is making me just itch to get back into it.  Thoughts on the new season:

1) I agree that Derick is a douche, but what are the specific examples why he's the worst? (discussion with my mom about this lol). He does look terrible, but I also can't really pin point how or why Jill and him look miserable.  Definitely not defending them here, because its obvious they have plenty of $$$ exploiting their family on TV but isn't it common for missionaries to ask for donations? I thought that was kind of like part of the gig. That being said, Jill and Derick are still my least favorite couple

2). The wedding:   Joy looked so over the moon happy it was hard to snark at her. I like her personality a lot and gave her a big fist power to being bossy and telling off her dad "It's fine!". Mullet looked absolutely horrible and her vocabulary reinforced that she is nothing more than a leg-humping drone. She is literally starting to sound like Gollum from LOTR "preccccioussss". I loved the colors of the wedding, navy and orange, but good god the stage was horrid. The hanging flowers could have been pretty with a bigger budget, but the Amazing Grace and hay ruined it beyond all measure. Poor Jenni, that really said it all.  And Jinger looks great, I think she's just genuinely happy 

Joy and Austin do seem like they are into each other to some degree, but Austin is where I have my hesitation. It seems like arranged marriage type since they've been friends for so long that now all of a sudden they're like "ok lets just do this, i finally have enough money." His comment after being married of feeling "relieved, a burden lifted off his shoulders" is the most bizarre thing to me. 

3) WHO OR WHAT IS RUFUS? I clearly missed that one 

Cindy has a good eye for flowers and design overall it seems. Although Joy's wedding had a more autumn feel to it it was  beautiful.

It's hard to imagine that Joy is married now at 19. Maybe it will be her to have the first Duggar grand-twins who knows...

Yes it had an autumn feel. This should have the decor at Jessa's November wedding, and have the spring flowers and pastels at this one! 

Joy is a teenager with a crush. Scary that she's now in a marriage which she will never probably never have the financial ability to leave if things go bad. She and Austin did look happy but again they seemed like flirtatious kids not two adults passionately in love. Hopefully Austin doesn't try to go the "World's Strictest Parents" route like his dad. 

Did Joy serve any food, or just cake/cupcakes?

I think I saw meatballs on a few plates.

Yes it had an autumn feel. This should have the decor at Jessa's November wedding, and have the spring flowers and pastels at this one! 

Joy is a teenager with a crush. Scary that she's now in a marriage which she will never probably never have the financial ability to leave if things go bad. She and Austin did look happy but again they seemed like flirtatious kids not two adults passionately in love. Hopefully Austin doesn't try to go the "World's Strictest Parents" route like his dad. 

Sadly I think he will be just as strict, in an article about dresses Joy states she has never cared for them and doesn't really have a style, but Austin only likes dresses on women so she's having to learn to like them and change her wardrobe...no one should have to change who they are for marriage. 

Does anyone think any of the Duggar children will have an outdoor wedding? I use to think maybe fundies couldn't have outdoor weddings, but Brandon Keilen ' s brothers recent wedding was an outdoor wedding. I'm actually suprised it hasn't happened considering how frugal we know Jim Bob is. Their property has more than enough space to hold a wedding and they could do a reception bbq right afterwards since they have a nice grill set up.

You can't really judge by the Keilens. Some of their kids are IBLP and some aren't. I think the eldest and youngest kids aren't IBLP - their parents joined a bit on the late side and they may have left IBLP as well. 

Regardless - no. I honestly don't see any Duggar wedding ceremony taking place outside. Because Jesus.

@CaroMoonRufus, our antlered Lord and Savior, is a stag Jinger apparently hit with her car. The other Duggars appear to have had him Taxidermied as a joke. They also bestowed him with the name Rufus. Hallelujah! Praise him with great praise!

IMG_8257.JPG.1e7be39718632a757045df7477936229.JPG 

I had the same thoughts on the proposal.  Yes Joe had his sister's permission. But awful from Kendra's perspective. 

I had the same thoughts on the proposal.  Yes Joe had his sister's permission. But awful from Kendra's perspective. 

We don't know Kendra. She's barely been on the show. I don't think we can accurately say whether or not she liked the proposal.

Did Joy serve any food, or just cake/cupcakes? 

I believe so at one point they showed someone at the reception with a plate that had what looked like meatballs, a cupcake  and something else on it but I couldn't quite figure out what.

We don't know Kendra. She's barely been on the show. I don't think we can accurately say whether or not she liked the proposal.

But we do know kenrdra's fundie background and have seen other fundie proposals, which are much more elaborate.  A specially commissioned song for Jill, small chapel with all the candles for Jessica (I believe one of her favorite places),  the Washington DC proposal for the Bates girl, rooftop NYC proposal and string quartet playing  Ginger's favorite hymn.   A proposal is a one of the  highlights of a  fundie girls life.  Kendra had to share her proposal day with her future Sister-in laws wedding.  Her favorite music was not playing,  there was no history of their courtship or any romantic type gestures that spoke to her or her interests as an individual.   Perhaps it is Dugger man are not given to making a  big deal of a proposal.  Josh certainly didn't.  

Pastor G reminds me of Paul Ryan, so...

Exactly! They are both somewhat young and fairly good looking, but rotten to the core on the inside because of all their hateful beliefs. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived