Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@Million Children For Jesus--Great list! :) It doesn't include Cathy Dillard's second husband, though. I can't remember Derrick's stepdad's name. Can anyone else?

Thanks! I think it's Ronnie Byrum? I Googled it. Not sure though. I read on FJ that he doesn't want to be involved in the show. He does a great job staying out of the mix.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pasta said:

I call Derrick dilldick for fun. And jb and Michelle are collectively Boobchelle. 

Good ones! I also forgot to include that Josh and Anna are collectively The Smuggars. 

17 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@Million Children For Jesus--Great list! :) It doesn't include Cathy Dillard's second husband, though. I can't remember Derrick's stepdad's name. Can anyone else?

Is it Ronnie Byrum?

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Is it Ronnie Byrum?

That's what Google says, as @Million Children For Jesus found. I should have just Googled it myself, but I'm apparently in a lazy mood today. :P

30 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Is there a duggarwiki here? These relationships would be a great addition!

Just starting to watch Joys wedding episode. First thought as Michelle's friend is setting up everything...why not just have an outdoors wedding. Seems like such a waste of all those flowers and hay. Just go outside 

Recapping...  I am treating the Jostin account as Austin since it doesn't follow Carlin. It's not a true joint account if Joy's BFF isn't listed. 

1. Ben does not follow Derick or Austin on Instagram but he follows Jinger, Jeremy and even Derick's brother Dan! (Whoa!)

2  Jill folllows Austin but not Jinger or Jeremy. 

3. Jeremy does not follow Jill, Derick or Austin. 

4. Derick does not follow Jinger, Jeremy or Austin. 

5. Amy also does not follow Derick but follows Dan?!? (He doesn't follow back.) She also does not follow Jeremy, Jinger or Austin. 

6.  Only Anna and Josiah follow Amy but both their accounts are dormant. No one else follow Amy. :)

7. Sierra follows everyone and only Jill, Jessa and Derick follow back. 

8.  Majorie follows everyone (even Jeremy and Austin) but doesn't follow the main Duggar account or Josiah (lol at heart pieces)  

9. Lawson follows Jill, Derick and Jessa but not Ben and definitely not Jinger (ha,ha)

Correct me if I am wrong and I am going to look more later for oddities.

well, I'll give the Jostin account a little more time to make the rounds and add people they follow, they are out of the country and all. (and the account is new)

Joy needs to think about what she wearing, those boots she was wearing compelitly wrong for her body type.

Makes her look shorter and more bigger/curvy/fat (its another word, but cant  remmember).

Stockere?

4 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Why do these girls walk around with their hands on their bellies?   Wouldn't it be easier to get a neon sign to hang around their necks that said "I'M PREGNANT!'  

It's an instinctive thing to touch and cradle baby. I had a friend rib me about it as she always seemed to know weeks ahead of me and when I asked her how, she said I was unconsciously touching and virtually all pregnant mammies do it.

Hands and preggo bellies...

With my first, my hand was ALWAYS on my belly...trying to get the wee one's foot or knee out from my ribs. Her royal PITA-ness would not move that damn leg out from under 'em. Have I mentioned she's still a stubborn PITA 34+ years later? With my third, my hand was always sort of under my belly...I carried him so low that I felt like he was going to fall out. He did, sort of. From AROM at 4 cm to birth was 94 minutes. 

So I am confused. Someone earlier in the thread posted that Jeremy said he doesn't spend much time at the church office and spends 30-40 hours a week studying/writing.  So what actually does he do for his church? It sounds like he is just a better dressed Derrick. So he is a minister that doesn't spend much time with or do much for his flock? I don't get it. If that is how he spends most of his time then I doubt he is earning a living wage from the church. They will need TLC money like everyone else. I think Jeremy is always given the benefit of the doubt because he is better looking than Derrick and lives in Laredo. He hasn't yet shown that he is actually living a more productive life. What does Jinger do as a minister's wife if the minister is home all day? They seem to be in CA, just Texas style and without falling shower racks. 

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She's probably bored out of her mind, like Jill was when Derick went to work. Only she's 100's of miles from her sisters.  While I'm guessing part of her is enjoying the quite solitude, trying to find what to do to fill all those hours has to be daunting when you are used to the chaos of TTH has to be an adjustment.  I would imagine it would be like moving from Chicago to Waverly Iowa (Chicago being TTH & Waverly her apartment in Laredo) I imagine it is quite the culture shock.  Seriously she didn't even have her own bed much less bedroom. The've gone from no solitude EVER to no supervision at all. In the blink of a kiss. 

I 100% agree. I'm not sure how many people on here follow humans of New York but there is a story on there I read today about a guy having a pretty traumatic childhood (having to raise his younger brother and nephew alone)  and now having anxiety and panic attacks because he doesn't know how to handle the quiet. His life was always chaotic up until that point he never had a second to really process it. Not saying that Jinger or any of the girls are having panic attacks (I'm looking at you Jill), but it's a different point of view that I never thought of before. Yes they are all excited to move away from the noise and be with their spouses , but then the quiet hits....something that they probably have never experienced in their life. Quietness brings thoughts....and when you haven't had the time to really think your entire life...thats a huge set up for failure. I think all the girls even some of the bates have mentioned how quiet it was and how they didn't like it or it would take some getting used too but until I read the HONY post, it never occurred to be how heavy that quiet must really feel to them. 

6 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

However, her milkshake does NOT brig all the boys to the yard.

In her pre DQ teenage cheerleading days, mowing the lawn in her bikini may have broken up a neighbor's marriage.

32 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So I am confused. Someone earlier in the thread posted that Jeremy said he doesn't spend much time at the church office and spends 30-40 hours a week studying/writing.  So what actually does he do for his church? It sounds like he is just a better dressed Derrick. So he is a minister that doesn't spend much time with or do much for his flock? I don't get it. If that is how he spends most of his time then I doubt he is earning a living wage from the church. They will need TLC money like everyone else. I think Jeremy is always given the benefit of the doubt because he is better looking than Derrick and lives in Laredo. He hasn't yet shown that he is actually living a more productive life. What does Jinger do as a minister's wife if the minister is home all day? They seem to be in CA, just Texas style and without falling shower racks. 

Some ministers don't spend a lot of time *in* church, but they're busy visiting parishioners in the hospital or in the nursing home, going to workshops/seminars, participating in joint ventures with other churches, working on the Sunday sermon in their home office, feeding homeless people on the streets, etc. Taking SOME time for study and reflection is good, but why so much?

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Is there a duggarwiki here? These relationships would be a great addition!

We have Fruit of the Womb which is an extended family tree of the fundies we follow. It doesn't have all the in-law's families but I can add them.

http://fotw.freejinger.org/index.php?ctype=gedcom&ged=fotw2

Okay, now that I've had time to watch the wedding and process it, my thoughts:

Joy and Austin - They definitely seem in-love, but there's something a little weird to me about their relationship. I think I just need to see more of the courtship to get a feel for their dynamic. Joy's wedding makeup was fantastic. I liked the dress + veil, but really wish she had worn her hair up. Unpopular opinion: I think Austin is the cutest Duggar spouse. Probably because he looks suspiciously like my SO. :my_rolleyes:

Jill and Derick - Jill has really matured. I think she realizes now that a few pregnancy-free months would have been nice after marriage. Derick is likeable on screen for me but so cringey on the blog/twitter/etc. The health crisis subplot is AWFUL, but I do hope he is cured. Don't quite know what to make of them and their relationship. Israel interacting with the "baby" was hilarious.

Jessa and Ben - I really like them together. Great parents. Relaxed and content. Jessa is far less concerned about her appearance/always being "the hot one." As others have said, Ben is maturing and getting smarter. I think they will ultimately be the most compatible couple. Fast forward 60 years, and I can easily see Jessa and Ben rocking on the front porch together surrounded by 10000000000000000 descendants.

JinJer - They're ecstatic with married life. I don't think Jinger is upset at all about not getting pregnant .2 seconds after the wedding. I'm not sure what they'll have when the newness of the physicality has worn off, though. They don't seem to have substantive conversations...ever. I would LOVE to see them doing charity work. Why isn't Jinger taking on pastor wife duties....??

Joe and Kendra - Cute cute cute. Joe is cute. Kendra is cute. They seem like a natural couple. I like them a lot. I don;t think the proposal was weird or tacky at all, as long as Joy and Austin gave it the green light. :) I kind of agree with them that it just adds to the romance of the day.

JD - I'd marry that guy, no question. "Bachelor til the Rapture," omg.

Smuggar and Anna - Poor Anna. Poor poor Anna. :( I can't imagine attending all these weddings with what she's gone through. 

4 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

-Mike and Suzette Keller (8 children)
Siblings:
1.Esther (John Shrader, the grifter in Zambia) NINE kids: Enoch, Alatheia, Timothy, Nehemiah, Agape, Elijah, Charis, Sophia, Stephen.

One quick correction: Esther and John have are currently expecting their 11th child in December, the 10th child is Isaiah born June 2016.

3 minutes ago, Bethella said:

One quick correction: Esther and John have are currently expecting their 11th child in December, the 10th child is Isaiah born June 2016.

Wow! They breed faster than they update their Facebook page. 

Edit: Do you know anything about Daniel Keller? I could only find very old posts about one child, but I vaguely recall that he had two. 

I had no idea that getting pregnant the same month you get married would have been such a big deal with the Dillards until I realized they didn't know any difference and she kept apologizing about being sick. Plus the fact I am sure it changed the dynamic right away... I am sure all your mothers out there have different views....

I think JD would be a catch for any girl. He seems like such a nice guy and actually works for a living.  He voiced true discust with Josh when the Ashley Madison scandal came out. 

20 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Do you know anything about Daniel Keller? I could only find very old posts about one child, but I vaguely recall that he had two.

I only have one child listed, but they stay out of the limelight pretty well, they could easily have more children that I don't know about.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived