Coconut Flan

Oh another reason pregnant women rub their belly... it's itchy as shit and it feels good to rub it ( going at it and scratching it in public makes me feel like Neanderthal for some reason).

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Berty K said:

According to this article on Patheos they only have one (adopted) child as they were unable to conceive: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithgoespop/2012/08/meet-the-kellers-the-duggars-in-laws/

That's also five years old, things could have changed since then.

1 hour ago, bananabread said:

Okay, now that I've had time to watch the wedding and process it, my thoughts:

JJoe and Kendra - Cute cute cute. Joe is cute. Kendra is cute. They seem like a natural couple. I like them a lot. I don;t think the proposal was weird or tacky at all, as long as Joy and Austin gave it the green light. :) I kind of agree with them that it just adds to the romance of the day.

Joe and Kendra are a cute couple.  They do seem to have chemistry.    Joy & Austen  approved  of  Joe's proposal occurring at their wedding reception,  so  I won't snark too much on it.    It was creative, to have Joy give the bouquet to Kendra.   However,  if I was Kendra and in her circle of fundie's , Duggars & Bates, it would be a little downer of a proposal.   So far,  all the proposals, sans Anna's, have been fairly elaborate.  Kendra's had to share her marriage proposal day with a wedding and have nothing particularly thoughtful occur.   

Some ministers don't spend a lot of time *in* church, but they're busy visiting parishioners in the hospital or in the nursing home, going to workshops/seminars, participating in joint ventures with other churches, working on the Sunday sermon in their home office, feeding homeless people on the streets, etc. Taking SOME time for study and reflection is good, but why so much?

This.

I am on staff at a large church. Our pastor doesn't actually have an office in the church. He spends half his time visiting people in the hospital, their homes, working with our missions locally (homeless shelter, teen pregnancy program,) etc. the other half? He is studying and writing his sermons.

I really only see him at services most weeks. (And I am in the building 40+ hours.)

Surely Jeremy is doing more than just studying and writing? Right? Please?

5 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

So far,  all the proposals, sans Anna's, have been fairly elaborate.  Kendra's had to share her marriage proposal day with a wedding and have nothing particularly thoughtful occur.   

Sounds like Kendra will have a chance to work on her contentment :pb_lol:

Kendra, like all godly fundy maidens, has been waiting for Prince Charming to propose since she was in utero. She's finally got herself a guy interested in her, she's a bridesmaid in his sister's wedding, he's a groomsman, she's probably praying he'll propose in the near future. I'd guess all the unmarried female fundies at weddings yearn for a bf if they don't have one, and w/ or w/out a bf wish that they were the bride. 

For non fundies - think of something you really  wanted - say getting into a particular grad school (fundy female version = getting married) you've applied (fundy female version = in a courtship) and you go to watch someone graduate from that grad school (fundy version = a wedding) would you rather have the admissions person hand you your acceptance letter at the graduation (Joe's proposal) or go through the agony of waiting for a notice in the mail (Ben's scavenger hunt.)

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:40 AM, pfled said:

fear not, there are TWO mustard cardigans... ha.

OMG, they're reproducing!  Pretty soon they'll be eleventy mustard cardigans.

Could someone explain why I wouldn't be allowed to give someone "reputation" on here? What did *I* do?

11 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

Could someone explain why I wouldn't be allowed to give someone "reputation" on here? What did *I* do?

You probably hit the button twice.

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

Oh another reason pregnant women rub their belly... it's itchy as shit and it feels good to rub it ( going at it and scratching it in public makes me feel like Neanderthal for some reason).

For me, I had a lot of what I think they called round ligament pain (stretching, basically), and rubbing at that spot where your hand rests low on the belly in photos helped.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, albanuadh_1 said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Joy signed her MARRIED  name on the marriage certificate? It's a legal document. At the time she ENTERED  into the marriage she was Joy-Anna Duggar, not Forsyth. 

She had no doubt legally changed her name by then.  She didn't become "Joy-Anna Forsyth" through marriage, because today no one's name legally changes just because of marriage.  She became Joy-Anna Forsyth when she legally changed it, even though she wouldn't have used it yet. Anyone can legally change their name to basically anything they want in the US, whether they're getting married or not.  And when you marry, you have to go through the process of legally changing your name if you want it changed.  But regardless, she really didn't know what she was supposed to do, know one had thought of telling her ahead of time, and she just figured it made sense to put "Forsyth" since it was her wedding day.  That's my best guess on this one, but others may know better.

I finally got to actually watch Joys wedding. Some thoughts:

I actually like the shoulder detail on Joy's dress, but feel the sleeves would've looked better shorter and maybe a little fuller.

Joy and Austin and JoKen seem very much in love, and quite adorable. In fact all the young love was making this single cynic a little misty eyed, but any feelings of sentimentality evaporated when the aspects of prayer and heteropatriarchal authority transfer were brought up.

I liked seeing glimmer of playfulness and sass in Joy when she raised her eyebrows coyly at the pastor before the first kiss, and when she presented Kendra with the bouquet. I also like watching her guide JimBoob when they were walking together.

I wondered if that 'loose knees, don't stiffen up' advice to Austin was code for 'don't pop a boner on the altar at your wedding.'

JD may not be the best looking Duggar son, but he definitely makes up for it in charm. I definitely think he's being set up to introduce a secret courtship by the end of this season.

The fact that Jinger wasn't obviously pregnant makes me happy.

Those Duggar women are gorgeous. Michelle looks way better with softer hair.

10 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

ETA: Also, Mr. Forsyth seemed the least thrilled about the glitterbombing. His face looked all red, and fuming like you could see the steam coming out of his ears almost.

I don't recall a single person who didn't look horrified at the glitter.  Cindy clearly didn't tell ANYONE, although you'd think she would have had to ask permission from the church and somehow get the bomb rigged up with help. My new favorite expression is "Oh my cow!" which must be the fundie-approved version of "Holy cow."  Must be inappropriate to use the word holy with a bovine.

Using Holy with a bovine is way too Hindu for the Duggars. 

I almost forgot about the glitter bomb. That was great! All the disgruntled men in the audience were priceless. I hope those homophobes were battling raver scabies for weeks after that wedding.

I know I'm really late to the party but is Laura D the wedding coordinator? Is she the same person as Masiespace? Sorry, if that has been covered before...

25 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I hope those homophobes were battling raver scabies for weeks after that wedding.

Raver scabies!!! :pb_lol: 

57 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I wondered if that 'loose knees, don't stiffen up' advice to Austin was code for 'don't pop a boner on the altar at your wedding.'

hahaha my husband told me before we married that he has fainted from keeping his legs stiff up the front... so he kept telling me to keep my knees loose and talked about how he needed to make sure he did that.   For some reason it causes him to faint... usually blood tests make me faint :D

2 hours ago, trustworthy said:

She had no doubt legally changed her name by then.  She didn't become "Joy-Anna Forsyth" through marriage, because today no one's name legally changes just because of marriage.  She became Joy-Anna Forsyth when she legally changed it, even though she wouldn't have used it yet. Anyone can legally change their name to basically anything they want in the US, whether they're getting married or not.  And when you marry, you have to go through the process of legally changing your name if you want it changed.  But regardless, she really didn't know what she was supposed to do, know one had thought of telling her ahead of time, and she just figured it made sense to put "Forsyth" since it was her wedding day.  That's my best guess on this one, but others may know better.

They received the marriage license a week or so before the wedding. The announcement in the paper listed three as "Austin Martyn Forsyth" and "Joy Anna Duggar." 

IMG_8184.JPG.b468d2f60ddb2452fb541c2ac05d2b7f.JPG

They wouldn't have printed "Joy Anna Duggar" if her last name had already been changed. So I honestly don't think she changed anything prior to marriage. If they're still out of the country and the certificate isn't available yet, then it's likely that she still hasn't legally changed her name.

Kendra reminds me sooooo much of Anna when she and Josh were starting their relationship. She seems really cute, but in no position to make a lifelong decision. She seems very immature and naive. But since they are already holding hands, there's no wa< ´´y back.

4 hours ago, trustworthy said:

I don't recall a single person who didn't look horrified at the glitter.  Cindy clearly didn't tell ANYONE, although you'd think she would have had to ask permission from the church and somehow get the bomb rigged up with help. My new favorite expression is "Oh my cow!" which must be the fundie-approved version of "Holy cow."  Must be inappropriate to use the word holy with a bovine.

Almost anything that annoys asshats gets a  :clap: and a :thumbsup: , that crowd had some of the biggest asshats  in reality TV.  Probably the little fundie kiddos enjoyed the glitter, so yeah glitter.        

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I think JD would be a catch for any girl. He seems like such a nice guy and actually works for a living.  He voiced true discust with Josh when the Ashley Madison scandal came out. 

Not really. Still in the cult, likely voted for Trump. Don't be fooled, this is exactly how they plan to win the culture wars, by appearing "nice". Wouldn't want my daughter to marry him.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived