Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, mpheels said:

Re. Joy's veil - I got the impression that she didn't want to wear it, but lost the argument with the other women. If Austin said he preferred the veil-free look, that would trump the bridesmaids, but Joy couldn't say that in front of cameras and groomsmen.

I wondered that too, when she said something like, "no you have to tell me" almost like she was begging him to say no, so she could tell them Austin does want me to and she was indecisive which is so unlike her. I also got the impression Joy didn't want the big fuss the frills and let her sisters take over. I notice she got out of that dress before she left and has in street clothes, like ENOUGH of this nonsense.  And she as like "we can't stay long" at the reception, not sure if they had a plane to catch or they were just VERY EXCITED to be alone. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Oh, wow. I just started watching the episode on the TLC website and I can already tell I might want to hold off on the rest till I can drink. "I've been waiting for this for so long." ...The heck?! You're a teenager and your engagement lasted three months!

I don't think she means she's been waiting for her wedding with Austin specifically for that long, but she means her wedding in general. Those girls are raised believing that their only purpose in life is getting married and having kids, so she probably has been thinking about her wedding for a long time...

31 minutes ago, mpheels said:

Jana comments about the first kiss were odd, and to me almost seemed like Joy and Austin had kissed before. Either they were legally married before the wedding, or they pushed the bounds of courtship rules.

Idk about this.... did you see homegirl's reaction after the kiss? Beaming and flushed are understatements ! :dance:

ETA: Also, Mr. Forsyth seemed the least thrilled about the glitterbombing. His face looked all red, and fuming like you could see the steam coming out of his ears almost.

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Okay, I've seen the whole special now but I missed the Bachelor to the rapture part. When was it said? Thanks!

I think just after they were glitter bombed. They did a stand alone talking bit with JD at the front of the church. 

I signed  our license with my new last name, then realized it was supposed to be my old name. Panic ensued. Called the county office first thing Monday morning, and they said to cross the new out & write the old, then initial with my old initials. The clerk said "Don't worry, honey. You're legally married." (The marriage license office is staffed by 2 or 3 elderly women. They've seen it all.)
So our official, probate judge-stamped license is quite unsightly, lol.

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Who's Jeronimo?

Idk. Here is my quick guide to nicknames: 

-Jim Bob: Boob, Jim Boob, Dim Bulb, Jimhovah, Rim Job, Kim Jong Boob
-Michelle: J'chelle, MEchelle, DQ
-Josh: Smuggar, Joshly, He Who Shall Not Be Seen, He Who Shall Not Be Named
-Anna: Of the duggar 
-John-David: JD
-Jana: CinderJana
-Jill and Derick: The Dullards
-Jill: Jilly Muffin, Silly Jilly, Muffy the Tattletale 
-Derick: Dullard, Derelict, D-Wreck, Dreck, HippieJesus, DirtyJesus
-Israel: Izzy, Rick James
-Samuel: Samuelito
-Jessa and Ben: Benessa 
-Jessa: Jessa Blessa
-Ben: Bin, Baby Bin
-Spurgeon: Spud, Spurge, Spurgy, Elliot, Quincy
-Henry: Hud, Hash Brown, Wilber 
-Jinger and Jeremy: JinJer
-Jinger: N/A
-Jeremy: The Holy Goalie
-Joseph and Kendra: JoKen
-Joseph: Joe
-Kendra: N/A
-Josiah: Siah
-Joy-Anna and Austin: JoStin
-Joy-Anna: Joy
-Austin: N/A

Lost Boys/Lost Girls:
I "think" the 10 youngest kids are all referred to as Lost Boys and Lost Girls

Howler Monkeys:
The bottom 8 (?) 

The Miracle Child:
The youngest, Josie

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

@Million Children For Jesus Don't forget DQ for Michelle ;) The self proclaimed Dairy Queen. 

I fixed it. I don't know the auxiliary players, like Jill Rodrigues or David Waller. Why is he called the pecan thief? 

8 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I fixed it. I don't know the auxiliary players, like Jill Rodrigues or David Waller. Why is he called the pecan thief? 

Hahah because he was gleaning pecans and was caught by the owner. He was nearly arrested for stealing pecans! :P 

16 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

I thought this was genuine as well. And thus far, hasn't D-wreck been the only groom not to get teary watching his bride? 

Douchehole. 

My husband didn't get teary-eyed at all when I walked down the aisle. (He did during the proposal, though.) When I walked down the aisle, he just laughed. :my_huh: Woulnd't have minded a bit of awe. Don't really think anyone's facial expression in that moment really means anything, though. haha!

I haven't watched as I've been on holiday but reading these pages has been a joy.

"Bachelor til the Rapture" sounds like a FJ thing, not the kind of thing I'd expect to come out of JD's mouth. They must be really advertising that guy.

Also regarding gifs mrsmorrison6.tumblr.com is making some

On 6/12/2017 at 11:40 PM, pfled said:

f01e3e76c958852b4c1b5b1a971d3f9f.jpg

Why do these girls walk around with their hands on their bellies?   Wouldn't it be easier to get a neon sign to hang around their necks that said "I'M PREGNANT!'  

9 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Why do these girls walk around with their hands on their bellies?   Wouldn't it be easier to get a neon sign to hang around their necks that said "I'M PREGNANT!'  

I have noticed a lot of pregnant women doing this (been to lots of baby showers and  also used to help a photographer do maternity shoots) to ensure that they look pregnant instead of just "fat." I know it's not that logical for a plethora of reasons, but I have seen many a pregnant woman pose for a group shot, view the photo, and then re-do it with her hand on her belly. Making sure the shirt comes back in at the bottom makes the belly look more defined/round instead of just big. I have to admit I could see myself being this way in photos, too. I'll personally give it a pass although I can see why it's annoying to some.

11 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

To be fair, A LOT of pregnant women do that.  Often unconsciously.  It's by no means Duggar or fundie exclusive.  Has to do with hormones, changing body, etc.

I knew my co-worker was pregnant before she was showing because of her constant hands on her belly.  It's not something a non-pregnant woman normally does, but it's certainly something a pregnant woman does.  

Yeah when I was pregnant my hands were always on my belly in some fashion. It just felt natural to rest it there. I think that's a general pregnant person thing, not a Duggar thing.

When I was pregnant I'd find my hand on my belly often usually as either a protective or cuddling gesture.  It made me feel like I was cuddling her through my belly. It was frequently a semi-conscious behavior.  

My hand was constantly on my belly when I was pregnant last year. It was 120% a protective and comforting gesture - I had lost my only other pregnancy early last year (before getting pregnant with my daughter) and it brought me a huge amount of comfort to feel my belly, especially when she would move or kick. It let me know she was there and doing ok. Pregnant women get a complete pass on this from me - except Audrey Roloff. She's just obnoxious in so many ways.

I rested my hands on top of my belly a lot just because it was kind of a comfy place to put my hands. I only put my hands actually around it if I was in a crowded elevator or something. I was really small when I was pregnant so I didn't think it was obvious to people that they shouldn't bump into me.

I think the hand is normal on the belly, although I've never been pregnant just reading all those that have the explanations make prefect sense. I think my thing is when the back is arched which I've noticed more from Jill and good old audrey from little people big world.

Also, in Jessa's defense, wasn't that picture taken at her baby shower? If there's ever a time to show off a baby bump, it would be at the shower.

I'm in a list making mood today. After making the list of nicknames, I decided to make a list of Duggar In-Laws.

Quick Guide To In-Laws:

Joshua James and Anna Renee Keller:
-Mike and Suzette Keller (8 children)
Siblings:
1.Esther (John Shrader, the grifter in Zambia) NINE kids: Enoch, Alatheia, Timothy, Nehemiah, Agape, Elijah, Charis, Sophia, Stephen.
2.Rebekah (Joshua McDonald, divorced) TWO kids: Annabel, Alyssa.
3.Daniel (Candice, the liberal beautician), #of kids unknown, at least ONE: Brighton.
4.Priscilla "The Pecans": (David Waller, "TFDW," "The Pecan Thief"), THREE kids, Paul, Davia, Phillip.
5.Susanna "the black sheep" (Matt Davis, engaged), "Suze" has ONE kid from a previous relationship, Noelle
6.Nathan
7.David

Jill Michelle and Derick Michael Dillard:
-Cathy (Rick, deceased) Dillard (2)
Sibling: Daniel (Deena)

Jessa Lauren and Benjamin Michael Seewald:
-Mike and Guinn Seewald (7)
**Siblings: Jessica, Danielle, Michelle, Ethan, Faith, Thomas

Jinger Nicole and Jeremy Joseph Vuolo:
-Charles "Chuck" and Diana Vuolo (3)
*Siblings: Charles, Valerie

Joseph Garrett and Kendra Renee Caldwell:
-Paul and Christina Caldwell (7)
**Siblings: Lauren, Micah, Nathan, Timothy, Olivia, Jesiah 

Joy-Anna and Austin Martyn Forsyth
-Terry and Roxanne Forsyth (2)
Sibling: Meagan (Bobby Ballinger) ONE child, Harper Lynn

(*no marriage information available, possibly single?)

(**all younger siblings, none married)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived