This doesn't relate to the current Lori issues, but was Lori the blogger who ranted when Kate Middleton was photographed sunbathing topless while on vacation? For some reason I was thinking it was her, but I'm not sure. I just remember it being a nonsensical rant. 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am stunned Lori finds it unlikely that having 11 children can have a negative effect on a person's health. 

The Lori logic being that plenty of women have had 11 children and didn't experience negative health effects. Makes total sense.

I can apply Lori Logic to prove smoking does not cause lung cancer because my mom smoked three packs a day (I shit you not) and never got cancer(she did eventually quit when she was 50). She is 81 and cancer free. And honestly there are several residents where she lives that smoke and they are in their 80s who also don't have cancer either. I can also say my mom has a horrible diet and has eaten like crap for at least the last decade. 

Has Lori ever said how they only had 4 kids?  Is she a long-time user of the evil birth control (other than poking holes in it)?  Did Ken get the snip-snip?

Otherwise, yes, Lori is her usual self.  I agree with @Sera's Arrow - better that people use birth control than have unwanted children who suffer.

@desertvixen she has said they only had 4 because she got sick. She has never said what method of BC they used, but she has made it clear they decided not to have more.  Illness is only an acceptable reason if you are Lori. She only started "mentoring" when she was past her child bearing years. How convenient. 

Today Lori is shameless bragging about her letter to Anna Duggar being published by some of their "friends":

The Duggar Family Blog who are friends with the Duggars just published the letter I had written to Anna.

*I'm popular, I'm popular!* *Squeal*  :pb_rollseyes:

Yes, Josh cheated way more than once but maybe this father had also but it doesn't matter. 

Unless, you know...you're the one he's cheating on.  Then you have to worry about him bringing home all sorts of nasty STDs.  

The real take home message here is that Lori based an entire post around the last 30 mins of a Hallmark movie.  Kinda underscores her lack of credibility.  1 Bible verse, several paragraphs about 30 mins worth of  television.

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This doesn't relate to the current Lori issues, but was Lori the blogger who ranted when Kate Middleton was photographed sunbathing topless while on vacation? For some reason I was thinking it was her, but I'm not sure. I just remember it being a nonsensical rant. 

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I was DEEP into stalking Lori when that happened and I don't recall it.

I'm wondering about the risk of prolonged exposure to Lori Alexander's blog.  Reading her stuff is like breathing in the dust from old lead paint chips.  People run the risk of developing toxic encephalopathy.   

59 minutes ago, Drala said:

I'm wondering about the risk of prolonged exposure to Lori Alexander's blog.  Reading her stuff is like breathing in the dust from old lead paint chips.  People run the risk of developing toxic encephalopathy.   

Hmm, the toxins must effect people differently, I seem to get acute idiot poisoning. The symptoms include yelling obscenities at my iPad and turning into a rage monster. I can see how continued intake may cause chronic symptoms that include brain atrophy and a decrease in logic and critical thinking skills

1 hour ago, Drala said:

She really messed with my head. Like, not even kidding. It wasn't healthy.

Forgive my ignorance, but how can BC lead to "millions of murdered babies" if they were never conceived?(Or is she talking about embryos failing to implant because of the Pill?)

11 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how can BC lead to "millions of murdered babies" if they were never conceived?(Or is she talking about embryos failing to implant because of the Pill?)

This is what the anti-pill campaigners claim.  They conveniently overlook the fact that prevention of implantation of a fertilized egg is a rare event when using the pill and that the vast majority of prevented pregnancies are prevented due to lack of ovulation or thickening of cervical mucous.   They also conveniently ignore the many babies that are actually born due to their mothers judicious use of contraception- the women who didn't have babies as teens and were able to go on and have children with a life-partner they might otherwise never have met, the women who didn't die in childbirth when they were too sick to carry a child but went on to have several healthy pregnancies thereafter, the children of women who used contraception to make sure that each child they had was one they wanted and could care for so that when they grew up they were able to form stable relationships and have children of their own.

17 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Probably. Or else she's just conflating abortion with birth control because it's convenient for her message.

Really though, people who take BC are a lot less likely to "kill" embryos through implantation failure than those who don't. The number 1 function of the pill is to prevent ovulation, and if you don't produce eggs there aren't any embryos to murder.

I was on the pill myself to correct PCOS.  And I was a virgin at the time!(Take that, Lori!):boom:

41 minutes ago, docmom said:

This is what the anti-pill campaigners claim.  They conveniently overlook the fact that prevention of implantation of a fertilized egg is a rare event when using the pill and that the vast majority of prevented pregnancies are prevented due to lack of ovulation or thickening of cervical mucous.   They also conveniently ignore the many babies that are actually born due to their mothers judicious use of contraception- the women who didn't have babies as teens and were able to go on and have children with a life-partner they might otherwise never have met, the women who didn't die in childbirth when they were too sick to carry a child but went on to have several healthy pregnancies thereafter, the children of women who used contraception to make sure that each child they had was one they wanted and could care for so that when they grew up they were able to form stable relationships and have children of their own.

Exactly. Also ignored is that from the sources I've read, it's estimated that the natural rate of failure to implant without human intervention is 35-50%. (It's only an estimate because there are logistical challenges involved in directly studying it.) So it's not as if that's an outcome that couldn't happen spontaneously, either. The general public tends to assume that any fertilized egg will automatically become an implanted embryo unless the woman does something to prevent it, but that is far from the case.

Good morning mam, 
I have never answered anyone on the internet in reference to comments made . I have being my husband's wife for 16 years and love it. My husband and I are Christians and we believe in the Bible. I am very careful on giving advice to persons who are contemplating or going through divorce. ( I know what the bible says about it). I have seen the damages it can do on both side of the card ( I work in this arena ). I had first hand experience with the divorce road, my sister went through one. All the avenues (counselling together and separated, prayer) were attempted but to no avail, my sister almost lost her life when she stayed to try and workout her marriage. Persons have different situations in their marriages (prays works yes, I know but you have to use common sense) and if it comes to saving your life and your children's leave. There are too many diseases, soul ties and other things that come with infidelity which is more damaging than any thing a person can experience. I saw the emotional roller-coaster, blood tests, counselling, self esteem issues and other things my sister went through. Thank God for Jesus. She has gotten better and moving on with her life. The Bible gives us laws to live by, but mam you have to use common sense sometimes. I pray that Anna will use protection if it is true that her husband did commit adultery (I have seen too many (CHRISTIAN WOMEN and vice versa end up with diseases from reckless behaviour of their spouses) and get some very good counselling. Good things memories is not going to work all the time. The memory of her "situation"as they call it is not going to go away. This is not for publishing but for you to read and reply to me. 
Thank you in advance for reading my comments and your reply. 
In his grace and mercies. 
Latesha

I want to see how Lori responds to this woman.

Ten bucks says it'll be some variant of "If she had died, she would've been a martyr, and God would have richly blessed her in Heaven for honoring her marriage vows. :annoyed:

16 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Ten bucks says it'll be some variant of "If she had died, she would've been a martyr, and God would have richly blessed her in Heaven for honoring her marriage vows. :annoyed:

I bet it will be deleted soon.

It's so odd that she deleted it.  She has to approve comments in the first place.  Why on earth would she post it and then take it down??? :my_dodgy:

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

It's so odd that she deleted it.  She has to approve comments in the first place.  Why on earth would she post it and then take it down??? :my_dodgy:

I think it's because:

A - Ken's busy and can't rescue her this time

B - She knows the reader is right and...well...we can't have that

C - The comment is "too educated" for Lori

D - Lori is a coward

E - All of the above

One of her posts addressed people who said Pearl's teachings lead to domestic abuse and her response was something along the lines of "if a woman has done all she can and has been doing her best to be godly and a helpmeet and her husband still abuses her, of course she should call the police". Prior to that, though, I guess the woman just deserves her beatings for not being a sufficient helpmeet. I guess it's only bad to hit your wife if the house is immaculate, the children are clean, well behaved and schooled (100% of the time), dinner is his favorite meal, prepared on a shoestring budget (pray that God lowers the price of a ribeye to $0.25 a pound), is hot and ready when he walks in the door, and the wife is ready in the perfect outfit that pleases her husband but isn't immodest and she's primed and ready for raping, all of this with a dead-eyed smile on her face. If all of those parameters are met every day then it's not cool for her husband to beat her

Maybe Lori will spin it into a post on how to treat STD's naturally, with herbal supplements, ice soaks and black salve.

2 minutes ago, Florita said:

Maybe Lori will spin it into a post on how to treat STD's naturally, with herbal supplements, ice soaks and black salve.

Are you suggesting she couldn't pray it away? You're going straight to hell for that. Everyone knows only sinners get STDs and it's because God is punishing them for their behavior. If they straighten up and pray enough it will go away

10 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

Are you suggesting she couldn't pray it away? You're going straight to hell for that. Everyone knows only sinners get STDs and it's because God is punishing them for their behavior. If they straighten up and pray enough it will go away

What kind of person doesn't rejoice in suffering anyway?  God is glorified through the STDs of women who've stayed and endured their husband's repeated affairs.

STDs for Jesus.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived