Lori and Ken still can not quit the internet and continue to babble about nothing. They have however, scrubbed the internets of their praise of Josh Dugger. Too bad FJ never forgets...

Continue you discussion and while you are at it, don't forget to employ some GoogleTactics[tm][/tm]. :shifty-kitty:

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26285

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26285

Part 3: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24215-lori-alexander-still-not-learning-a-thing-part-3/?page=1

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before we doing anything we should always ask ourselves WWLD. Then do the opposite. 

34 minutes ago, Luvmyskinnyjeanz said:

Before we doing anything we should always ask ourselves WWLD. Then do the opposite. 

This is a solid rule of thumb. 

Today Lori has written about a man's death. He was the best friend of her brother-in-law and Lori has published a letter written by the widow. Based on the first few words of the letter, it is her deepest thoughts regarding the upcoming death of her husband.  I could not and would not finish reading it.  I have no doubt that Lori failed to ask this poor woman if she could use her grief as blog material.  We've all seen how cold Lori is when it comes to the loss of a loved one.  (Remember her line "He'll be dead in a couple of days,"  which she changed after we were all outraged?)  It felt intrusive, almost embarrassing for me, to be reading those intimate words.  They were not meant for readers of Lori's blog, in my opinion.

Lori does not say if the letter was written to her or if it might have been something the man's wife wrote for the funeral...maybe part of a journal she kept. She does not say how she came to have possession of these words or if/how she asked for permission to use them.  Regardless of all that, I am disgusted that she is using the grief of another woman for blog material. 

Lori is a vulture who loves to feast on the carcasses that are other women's pain, shame, guilt, grief....any tasty embarrassment that fills her hunger superiority.  

*returning to the blog to see if she's added a disclaimer or made any changes

I, too, wondered if she'd bothered to get permission to use the letter and the image. And honestly, even if she did, asking a woman whose husband has just died within the past week or so is pretty thoughtless on her part.

Using someone else's grief as blog material in a very general way isn't a problem to me. Something like, "A relative's friend recently died, and his widow shared something on her facebook page about missing him. So I want to ask you to consider how you would feel if your husband died...." would be okay to me. It explains the situation and sets the stage for Lori to say what she has to say. 

What Lori is doing, of course, is exposing the specifics of this woman's grief. I couldn't bring myself to read what the woman had written. It felt too intrusive, like I was having voyeurism thrust upon me.

It really bothers me that she never indicates permission to use all the extensive quotations she does--or at least give a link to give credit.

I agree.  Lori is exploiting this woman's grief.  I honestly believe she revels in watching people suffer. 

The letter this woman wrote (about her relationship with her husband once they are in heaven together), doesn't even wash with Lori's previous assertions that there will be no marriage in heaven.

From Sep. 2015:

Paul makes it clear that death is the only severer to Christian marriage. If a person

marries another after already

being married to someone else, they are committing adultery unless the first spouse

dies. {It is clear that this means physical death.}

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage,

but are as the angels of God in heaven. {Matthew 22:30}

Marriage in this life ends with death possibly because we are then actually married to

God in eternity.

I would also venture that she didn't get permission to use this woman's letter to her dying husband as blog fodder.

When my darling dad died after a long battle with cancer, I wrote a piece about his journey that I read at the funeral. Numerous people afterwards asked me for a copy of it and I said 'Sure, no problem' but I never actually did give it to anyone, despite several of them asking me repeatedly. I just felt like it was for Dad and no one else.

Now, obviously given those feelings of mine, I wouldnt post it on my own blog or Facebook. So clearly I would never have given anyone else permission to put it on their blog. And if it had somehow been posted without permission, I'd have been devastated. 

I really, really, really hope that widowed lady gave permission and Lori just hadn't the decency to acknowledge it. Otherwise it's like a knife in the heart of someone who's already dealing with the worst feelings in the world.

If I were a betting woman I'd say that Lori copied that pic and the letter from Facebook.  I also noticed that Lori's sister hasn't commented on that post, and neither have any of the friends and family of the man who passed away.  

This stinks to the high heavens if you ask me....

1 hour ago, IrishCarrie said:

When my darling dad died after a long battle with cancer, I wrote a piece about his journey that I read at the funeral. Numerous people afterwards asked me for a copy of it and I said 'Sure, no problem' but I never actually did give it to anyone, despite several of them asking me repeatedly. I just felt like it was for Dad and no one else.

Now, obviously given those feelings of mine, I wouldnt post it on my own blog or Facebook. So clearly I would never have given anyone else permission to put it on their blog. And if it had somehow been posted without permission, I'd have been devastated. 

I really, really, really hope that widowed lady gave permission and Lori just hadn't the decency to acknowledge it. Otherwise it's like a knife in the heart of someone who's already dealing with the worst feelings in the world.

I'll join you on that bench. A friend of mine wrote a poem/song and sang it at my mom's funeral. He gave me a copy that I have treasured ever since and have it locked away with my personal things. One of the lines was even used on her foot marker -- it meant THAT much to me. And even though I did not write the song, I would never, never want to see it used on Lori's or anyone else's blog in such a way. This is not the first time Lori has wallowed in someone else's grief, and I'm very afraid it will not be the last. My heart hurts for the woman, and I hope she never sees what Lori has done. I hope Lori deletes this.

(I certainly don't have the final say-so in how my friend uses his work, but I also know that he wouldn't disseminate his own work in this way either).

Once again, Lori has managed to reduce sex to a mere transaction.  She gets money, he gets sex.  

***We know that sex before marriage is wrong, but this article may give godly men some ideas if their wives continually refuse to be "available" to them!

The "article" is what amounts to a meme (probably written straight from the basement by some jilted, broke MRA).  

Leave it to Lori to think that the ultimate way to "punish" the one you love when they don't feel like sex is to refuse to give them money.  Of course, according to Lori's post, the women should have all of the money since they stole all the jobs from the poor men.  

Oh, Lori, for god's sake, that's someone's idea of a joke. 

And can we just say, for the umpteenth millionth time, that women are perfectly capable of enjoying sex, too, and that sometimes, the woman has a higher sex drive than the man. 

Ironically, Lori doesn't see it as a joke (done in poor taste, no less).  To her it is a Command Man's brainstorm for wife discipline, and she wants to pass the idea along.  Makes total sense to her.  :pb_rollseyes:

Interesting...she deleted that bit and replaced it with this:

***Why Your Family is So Important. "The American Psychological Association has taken issue with the kind of dolls that are being created for our daughters. Where once they were give baby dolls and dolls that they could role play with, now they are being given dolls with pouty lips and fishnet and high heel boots and parents must not understand this; that what a girl plays with a doll is just practice for what she will become when she is older."

Lori (comments):

Foolish, foolish girls. Why should the men marry them when they are getting the milk for free?

:pb_mad:  Sex = the only reason a man would want to marry in Lori's mind.

What's with these little editorials at the end of her posts, anyway? They aren't even related to the main message.  Yesterday, after writing "Motherhood Seen as a Kind of Death," she added something about vaccinations.  Today after writing about men giving up on marriage she adds an off-color joke about (pre-marital) sex and then replaces it with something about baby dolls. 

:lost:

I mean if the little additions had anything to do with the main topic, I'd understand but...seriously, what's going on?!?  Does she just have a thought on something and decide to add it to her prepackaged blog post?!? 

I don't know, but the more I think about it, the madder I get about the whole "why buy a cow, if you're getting free milk" thing makes me.  And referring to the women as foolish...I guess because they didn't arrange their relationships as a steady sex for steady cash transaction.

It seems to have never crossed Lori's mind that sex and money need not be the sole reason for marriage. When we got married, my husband barely had a dime to his name, but I was so crazy about him I couldn't think straight, so that was that.  

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Interesting...she deleted that bit and replaced it with this:

Lori (comments):

:pb_mad:  Sex = the only reason a man would want to marry in Lori's mind.

Maybe love and marriage is about a bit more than milk, Lori. But then again, if all you've got to offer is sour, curdled milk, maybe it WOULD be better not to offer it up until he's safely bought the merchandise without the possibility of a refund/return.

Also, this is the grossest analogy. Women are not cows to be purchased.

OK, I"m back, and before I scurry off again, I have to say.  

1) Lori doesn't say who Venker is, who she is quoting heavily.  Susan Venker..... don't know much about her, but Alex Jones also quoted this article (as did other fabulous similar places) 

2) It seems Lori and Ken are full of shit about education holding women back from getting married. 

About half of first marriages in the U.S. are likely to survive at least 20 years, according to government estimates. But for one demographic group, marriages last longer than most: College-educated women have an almost eight-in-ten chance of still being married after two decades.

The findings are yet further evidence of the marriage gap in the U.S. along educational lines. College-educated adults are more likely to be married than less-educated adults. Among those who were ages 25 and older in 2014, 65% of those with a bachelor’s degree or more were married, compared with 53% of adults with less education, according to a Pew Research Center analysis.

While the research does not address reasons these marriages last longer, we do know college-educated adults marry later in life and are more financially secure than less-educated adults.

While more-educated women have the highest chances for a long-term marriage, college-educated men also stand out. Roughly two-thirds (65%) of men with a bachelor’s degree could expect that, if they marry, their first marriage will last 20 years or longer, compared with 50% of men with a high school diploma or less. In addition, men with a higher level of education are more likely to get married in the first place when compared with less-educated men.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/12/04/education-and-marriage/

AND.....

Marriage used to be a pairing of opposites: Men would work for pay and women would work at home. But in the second half of the 20th century, women flooded the labor force, raising their participation rate from 32 percent, in 1950, to nearly 60 percent in the last decade. As women closed the education gap, the very nature of marriage has changed. It has slowly become an arrangement pairing similarly rich and educated people. Ambitious workaholics used to seek partners who were happy to take care of the house. Today, they're more likely to seek another ambitious workaholic.

In a strange twist, marriage has recently become a capstone for the privileged class. The decline of marriage, to the extent that we're seeing it, is happening almost exclusively among the poor. The lowest-earning men and women (i.e.: the least-educated men and women) have seen the steepest declines in marriage rates, according to the Hamilton Project.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/10/how-americas-marriage-crisis-makes-income-inequality-so-much-worse/280056/

Lorken.  Ambitious men want ambitious women and ambitious women want ambitious men.  The old pay for sex and obedience that you promote is not what most people want--in part because they see how badly it worked for both of you and for thousands of others like you.  Your advice is damned by your example, Lori. 

I'd warrant a guess that college-educated women are more likely to stay married because they had CHOICES. A person (of either sex, really) who is educated simply has more options. And that includes the option to choose a partner who is more compatible rather than simply choosing whichever partner comes along.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Once again, Lori has managed to reduce sex to a mere transaction.  She gets money, he gets sex.  

Isn't that prostitution?

18 minutes ago, polecat said:

I'd warrant a guess that college-educated women are more likely to stay married because they had CHOICES. A person (of either sex, really) who is educated simply has more options. And that includes the option to choose a partner who is more compatible rather than simply choosing whichever partner comes along.

Maybe poor people aren't getting married because they can't afford to pay for the milk.

***Why Your Family is So Important. "The American Psychological Association has taken issue with the kind of dolls that are being created for our daughters. Where once they were give baby dolls and dolls that they could role play with, now they are being given dolls with pouty lips and fishnet and high heel boots and parents must not understand this; that what a girl plays with a doll is just practice for what she will become when she is older."

WHY am I not an astronaut, doctor, horse owner or a film star?

56 minutes ago, salex said:

OK, I"m back, and before I scurry off again, I have to say.  

1) Lori doesn't say who Venker is, who she is quoting heavily.  Susan Venker..... don't know much about her, but Alex Jones also quoted this article (as did other fabulous similar places) 

The old pay for sex and obedience that you promote is not what most people want--in part because they see how badly it worked for both of you and for thousands of others like you.  Your advice is damned by your example, Lori. 

Suzanne Venker is Phyllis Schlafly's niece -- she's coming up as the next anti-feminist female "intellectual."  She wrote The War on Men.  Please, no one notice that she's writing and educating; those are men's roles.  She's just saying that women are only good at being at home.    :pb_rollseyes:

3 hours ago, Koala said:

I don't know, but the more I think about it, the madder I get about the whole "why buy a cow, if you're getting free milk" thing makes me.  And referring to the women as foolish...I guess because they didn't arrange their relationships as a steady sex for steady cash transaction.

It seems to have never crossed Lori's mind that sex and money need not be the sole reason for marriage. When we got married, my husband barely had a dime to his name, but I was so crazy about him I couldn't think straight, so that was that.  

The world is passing people like Lorken by and it's just pissing them off to no end.

Imo, it's so nice to see young, educated couples marry because they want to, because they're each others best friend.  I really think we're going to see less divorces in the future because of this.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived