• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Koala said:

It's so odd that she deleted it.  She has to approve comments in the first place.  Why on earth would she post it and then take it down??? :my_dodgy:

My guess is that she hadn't actually read it before approving it. At the very end, the reader says:

This is not for publishing but for you to read and reply to me. 

Lori shouldn't have approved it in the first place.

It is beyond me why someone who moderates blog comments wouldn't actually read them first. 

3 hours ago, Koala said:

What kind of person doesn't rejoice in suffering anyway?  God is glorified through the STDs of women who've stayed and endured their husband's repeated affairs.

STDs for Jesus.

This would be much funnier if it weren't so true. Now I'm just sad. I've exhausted myself with all the rage and it's just sad. 

It was not my intent to be commenting on Lori today but I was reading this blog post:

http://hotholyhumorous.com/2016/01/the-experts-who-are-damaging-your-sexual-intimacy/#comments

and my thoughts went to that vulgar post she wrote a few days ago. I think we are calling it the "Pump Him Dry Post."  Anyway, I specifically like what this author, J, has to say here:

“Christian” sex bloggers. In the last several years, more and more voices have spoken up through the Internet to advocate for satisfying sex in Christian marriages. Unfortunately, not everyone with a computer and a website is doling out biblical and practical wisdom. Some Christian sex bloggers sound more like they have a chip on their shoulder than a Bible in their hand. Some focus on a single verse as their entire guide on what’s okay and what’s not, ignoring the identity of our Creator and the totality of the Word. Some post highly inappropriate content without regard to issues of lust for those who might be viewing.

It breaks my heart when someone claims to represent biblical truth and provides damaging teaching instead. I’m not talking about issues we can reasonably debate, but advice that fosters division and abuse in marriages and marriage beds. If what you’re reading makes you feel angrier and more entitled, it isn’t going to help.

I not only like her approach and how she writes, but also (especially) that she does not call out a single blogger by name.  I don't read every one of her posts, but I've never seen her specifically disparage another blogger. She doesn't seem to pick fights. 

I think some of the other "experts" could learn from her in the way she writes very frankly but with discretion and class.  In other words, she's not likely to use the words "pump him dry," or "get her off." 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

It was not my intent to be commenting on Lori today but I was reading this blog post:

http://hotholyhumorous.com/2016/01/the-experts-who-are-damaging-your-sexual-intimacy/#comments

and my thoughts went to that vulgar post she wrote a few days ago. I think we are calling it the "Pump Him Dry Post." 

Lori was the first one who came to mind when I read J's post today, too.

The first 23 years of our marriage, I was mad at Ken while he worked so hard to provide for our family.

Reader:

I have to say I am almost never mad at my husband :-) We love God and we love each other! 

But I am wondering if that`s because we have a different lifestyle than the one that is described. My husband does not work full-time. I don`t stay home full-time. We both work part-time (he works in the morning, I work in the afternoon). Our daughter is never alone. One of us is always there to take care of her. And we have time for each other as husband and wife and as a family. 

We both understand what a working life looks like and how stressful it can be. We both know what it means to take care of a small child. This is the key. 

Lori, what do you think about that?

Any guesses?  

Does Lori tell her:

A: You have freedom and liberty in Christ (as she told her readers when she and Ken wanted to celebrate Halloween)

B. You aren't under the law (as she told her readers when she and Ken didn't want to tithe)

C. Do it my way, because I speak for the God of the Universe

It's great that you can both take care of your daughter, Lena, but God calls men to be the providers of the family and mothers to be the keepers at home. I teach what God commands that I teach so this is what I teach.

:pb_rollseyes: Lori can't stand that they're happy.

It's great that you can both take care of your daughter, Lena, but God calls men to be the providers of the family and mothers to be the keepers at home.  I teach what God commands that I teach so this is what I teach.

That sentence structure is...something.  Teacher Lori strikes again.

11 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

According to Instagram, Cassi is pregnant with a girl, due in July.

I know I'm just a foul-mouthed whore of Babylon, but I wish her the best and offer my congratulations.  I know she and her husband wanted this baby for quite some time.  I just hope they keep her away from her monster of a grandmother.

I hope the best for Cassi, her husband, and the baby. But I've always had the feeling that Cassi is a lot like Lori personality wise. When Ken posted here, he said that the older daughter Alyssa was the more liberal one out of the kids. Lori also posted about Cassi whined about the state college she attended.

How come researchers aren't knocking at my mom's door asking her how she cured her colitis so doctors can begin telling others that they can indeed cure their colitis? 

Great question.  Can anyone here guess why researchers aren't knocking on some random woman's door, asking her how to cure colitis??  To my understanding, that's a totally legitimate means of research.

Yes, there is a place for drugs but too many people want to take the easy way out, supposedly, and take a pill instead of giving up a lot of their way of life to be healed

OR maybe they just don't know to go knock on Lori's mom's door and ask her how to heal themselves!

Can you imagine how silly they feel now?  Relying on medical experts when they could have just consulted with The Godly Mentor and her 85 year old mother.  Craziness! (or laziness...you know how people always want to take "the easy way out") :pb_rollseyes:

People have been healed from allergies, asthma, cancers, high blood pressure, etc. by changing their diet and lifestyle.

Juicing the cancer away?

The doctor who ran the retreat place my mom had attended had cured himself of pancreatic cancer by living on all raw juices.

Now at this point you're thinking how relieved Lori must have been to be "in the know" about the juicing cure when she found out that she had a non-cancerous brain tumor.  

"That'll be one extra large carrot juice!" AmIRight??  I mean after all, Lori is telling her readers that cancer can be cured with raw juice!

Think again:

There is no cure in a doctor's mind if they can't cure it with surgery, radiation and drugs. I am very thankful for all three. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for these three areas of expertise of doctors. I had no choice

So cancer patients get juice, but The Godly Mentor hauls her ass to the experts for legitimate medical treatment.  She had no choice, after all.  *dramatic sigh*

Honest to god, can you imagine if one of her readers tried to juice the cancer away, and meanwhile Lori is off seeking real, honest to goodness medical treatment for herself?  UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!

THIS Ken.  THIS is why Lori is dangerous.  

9 minutes ago, Koala said:

Great question.  Can anyone here guess why researchers aren't knocking on some random woman's door, asking her how to cure colitis??  To my understanding, that's a totally legitimate means of research.

OR maybe they just don't know to go knock on Lori's mom's door and ask her how to heal themselves!

Can you imagine how silly they feel now?  Relying on medical experts when they could have just consulted with The Godly Mentor and her 85 year old mother.  Craziness! (or laziness...you know how people always want to take "the easy way out") :pb_rollseyes:

Juicing the cancer away?

Now at this point you're thinking how relieved Lori must have been to be "in the know" about the juicing cure when she found out that she had a non-cancerous brain tumor.  

"That'll be one extra large carrot juice!" AmIRight??  I mean after all, Lori is telling her readers that cancer can be cured with raw juice!

Think again:

So cancer patients get juice, but The Godly Mentor hauls her ass to the experts for legitimate medical treatment.  She had no choice, after all.  *dramatic sigh*

Honest to god, can you imagine if one of her readers tried to juice the cancer away, and meanwhile Lori is off seeking real, honest to goodness medical treatment for herself?  UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!

THIS Ken.  THIS is why Lori is dangerous.  

Lori Alexander is a monster.

According to Steve Jobs’ biographer, Walter Isaacson, the Apple mastermind eventually came to regret the decision he had made years earlier to reject potentially life-saving surgery in favor of alternative treatments like acupuncture, dietary supplements and juices. Though he ultimately embraced the surgery and sought out cutting-edge experimental methods, they were not enough to save him.

Jobs’ cancer had been discovered by chance during a CT scan in 2003 to look for kidney stones, during which doctors saw a “shadow” on his pancreas. Isaacson told CBS’ 60 Minutes last night that while the news was not good, the upside was that the form of pancreatic cancer from which Jobs suffered (a neuroendocrine islet tumor) was one of the 5% or so that are slow growing and most likely to be cured.

But Jobs refused surgery after diagnosis and for nine months after, favoring instead dietary treatments and other alternative methods. Isaacson says that when he asked Jobs why he had resisted it, Jobs said “I didn’t want my body to be opened…I didn’t want to be violated in that way.” His early resistance to surgery was apparently incomprehensible to his wife and close friends, who continually urged him to do it.

But there seemed to be more to his resistance than just fear of surgery.

“I think that he kind of felt that if you ignore something,” Isaacson told CBS , “if you don’t want something to exist, you can have magical thinking. And it had worked for him in the past.

. . . . .

But however well his intuition and “magical thinking” may have worked for him at work, Jobs’ postponement of surgery in favor of alternative means was a bizarre executive decision. “We talked about this a lot,” says the biographer. “He wanted to talk about it, how he regretted it. … I think he felt he should have been operated on sooner.”

By the time Jobs finally opted for surgery, the cancer had spread. He had an under-the-radar liver transplant and began putting a lot of energy into researching the most sophisticated experimental methods, making a complete about-face from how he began his treatment years before.

According to the New York Times, Jobs was one of the few people in the world to have his genome sequenced. Collaborating researchers at several institutions sequenced his DNA in order to develop a treatment that would target his specifically mutated cell pathways. He went for an experimental treatment in Switzerland in 2009, which involves using a radioactive isotope to attack the faulty hormone-producing cells of the body.

These treatments may well have extended his life, but nine months is a long time to wait in cancer time. And while there’s truth to the notion that food and supplements can aid a body’s repair mechanisms, there’s a limit to what they can do. Pancreatic cancer is one of the most insidious forms of cancer, and has few survivors.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2011/10/24/steve-jobs-cancer-treatment-regrets/#2715e4857a0b67e7e5783594

Like literally every person I know in my real life who has chosen the alternate treatment, Jobs is dead.  Of all people in the world, he was among those with access to the very best, cutting edge treatments that generally can be aligned with alternative treatments.  My understanding is that Job's pancreatic cancer is the type that has the most success in treatment.  Any one who follows Lori's advice and puts off traditional treatment for even a few months is putting themselves at risk--I'm sure it is yet another thing that Lori should but never will feel guilty about.... putting her readers at risk. 

That's the thing.  These people could literally lose their lives buying the bullshit she is pedaling, and Lori will be sitting at her doctors office getting the best treatment science has to offer while it happens.  And she won't give a damn...because she doesn't...about anyone.  

It's the same with having children.  Everyone else should breed for Jesus whether they die in the process or not, but Lori gets a pass with a mere 4 children because ILLNESS!

I recently had a friend turn to alternative therapies for cancer -- after that friend had exhausted all traditional options. My friend died just before Christmas. Lori, people who turn to these alternative therapies are not cured. They are either dying and looking for one last, final hope (like my friend), or they fear conventional treatments for whatever reason and are grasping at straws (which will not heal or cure them). Don't ever offer medical advice to people with cancer, Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster. You're an idiot AND a monster.

1 minute ago, polecat said:

Don't ever offer medical advice to people with cancer, Lori Alexander

Thank you!  Lori can't even string together a proper sentence.  She has absolutely no business telling people they can juice their cancer away instead of "taking the easy way out".  

And also 

And possibly truest of all

The best thing you can do is learn what it takes to have a strong immune system: get off sugar and processed food, eat food the way God created, get enough sleep, fresh air and sunshine, plus exercise!

Yes, because when a woman has eleventy children and isn't supposed to have "me time" (a no-no in Lori world), it is sooo very easy to get enough sleep (I mean, hand that colicky baby off to the nanny, amiright?), get off processed foods (which are, interestingly, cheap--and you're supposed to live cheaply in Lori world so you can pay for your many blessings), get fresh air and sunshine (oh yeah, back to that living cheaply, in a neighborhood perhaps close to an industrial center, highway, or that has less green space than a more expensive neighborhood), and plenty of time for exercise (just ask your housekeeper to step things up).  Ah, healthy living is so easy when you're Lori!

I hate this woman with a passion I cannot articulate. She is not only a danger to her family and her blog audience, but perhaps the biggest hypocrite I have had the privilege of witnessing. If there is a g-d, she is in for a serious shock....I almost wish that I subscribed to the idea!

The damage that she is doing, both in her ridiculous and contradictory advice to 'submissive' wives, and more scarily , to people suffering from real illness, is insupportable. I wish there were a way, that whenever someone received a reply from her blog, they could also receive a commentary as to how she responded to a similar situation in her own life. Her hypocrisy is a shining bright star!

I'd also like to note, that for all her organic eating and juice cleansing and alkaline woo-woo, she is an extremely unhealthy woman that almost died last year.  In contrast, Ken's EZ Cheez-eating-self* seems to be rolling along just fine.  

* Which is not to say that you should eat EZ Cheez all the time.  Moderation is key and it should be enjoyed on special occasions, say, one's honeymoon, for instance. :thumbsup-cheese:

2 hours ago, sawasdee said:

I hate this woman with a passion I cannot articulate. She is not only a danger to her family and her blog audience, but perhaps the biggest hypocrite I have had the privilege of witnessing. If there is a g-d, she is in for a serious shock....I almost wish that I subscribed to the idea!

The damage that she is doing, both in her ridiculous and contradictory advice to 'submissive' wives, and more scarily , to people suffering from real illness, is insupportable. I wish there were a way, that whenever someone received a reply from her blog, they could also receive a commentary as to how she responded to a similar situation in her own life. Her hypocrisy is a shining bright star!

Exactly. She makes it very difficult to not violate the "no hate speech" rule. But on the other hand I feel like no one is going to call you on it simply because she's such a spectacular specimen of absolute human garbage and there aren't many things a sane person can say about her that wouldn't result in everyone on the thread saying "yep, basically"

That's interesting about Cassi. She is Lori's youngest and has only been married a year or two. Her husband is in his second (?) year of dental school, and she works at an orthodontists (part-time, because full-time was "too exhausting"). 

Naturally, Lori will feel it is out of the question for Cassi to continue working after the baby comes. Lori's already hinted that she and Ken give money to Cassi and her husband (Lori feels it is equivalent to tithing, because Cassi will one day raise arrows for God). Ken once said that if a child of his had to keep working, he and Lori would move nearby to help keep the child out of daycare. Because it is better for a child to have a sour, strap-wielding, food-obsessed sickly grandma care for him, than to go to daycare.

Will Cassi quit and take more money from Ken/Lori? Will she defy her parents and put the baby in daycare or hire a nanny? Cassi does not strike me as the most strong-willed, confident person in the world. I suspect she'll go along with what her parents want.

Did you know chemotherapy helps less than 1% of those who take it but have many horrible side effects. I would never do chemotherapy

Lori should cite the sources of her vast medical knowledge.  

Reader:

Excellent information. My mother had ulcerative colitis. She lost her colon and had the surgery for an external bag. She had so many side effects from the drugs. She died at age 70 almost to the day. 

Lori:

This is so sad especially since she suffered so needlessly.

Yeah, because Lori's mom could have totally cured her with a Big Organic Salad. Or some juice....too bad the doctors never gave her juice. :evil:

Here's a better idea Lori.  Instead of waiting for researchers to magically realize that your mother is sitting on the cure for All The Diseases, why doesn't she (and you of course!) go to them?  Black salve and organic veggies for everyone. :roll:

Gosh, maybe I should have checked with Lori to see if juicing could give me a while new spine before I opted for the surgeries :pb_rollseyes:

My husband has a co-worker who was recently dx with breast cancer.  She's relatively young (I'd guess mid/late 30s) and just really a nice lady.   I've talked with her a few times when I've gone to his office.

Anyway, she did surgery, chemo, radiation, whatever.   It's been about 6 months and she's back at work already, feeling pretty good.   I think he said she's been cleared of cancer at this point.  

I doubt her outcome would have been as good if she had taken the last 6 months to try various woo things and then decided to have the surgery etc.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived