IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

Erin's got game! I think that's the first ever fundie musical performance I've listened to that didn't make my ears bleed - major thumbs up :my_smile:

What's the story with the guy on the violin - do we know anything about him?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Justme said:

I am convinced that anyone who comes near the Duggars, JimBoob especially, has the life blood sucked out of them......

I think the problem with those wedding marches is that she has to slam the keys of the piano to try and fill the room with the music. 

She's extremely talented when the acoustics are set up so she can be heard just playing 'normally'. 

How about that Instagram Lawson (I think it was?) posted of his little sister reading from a...brace yourselves..MOTHER GOOSE NURSERY RHYMES book!!!!!!!

I fully intend to write a report to Goat-herd, tattling on the Bates family.  They have slipped and allowed their young, innocent little daughter to read secular indoctrination about a marriage in discord, where the pumpkin-eating headship separates himself from his helpmeet and forces her to live in a gourd.

We'll have none of that!

14 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

How about that Instagram Lawson (I think it was?) posted of his little sister reading from a...brace yourselves..MOTHER GOOSE NURSERY RHYMES book!!!!!!!

I fully intend to write a report to Goat-herd, tattling on the Bates family.  They have slipped and allowed their young, innocent little daughter to read secular indoctrination about a marriage in discord, where the pumpkin-eating headship separates himself from his helpmeet and forces her to live in a gourd.

We'll have none of that!

LMBO.......Goat-herd. Now I'm getting that puppet show song in my head from Sound of Music.Another ATI no-no I suppose; with kissing before marriage, men and women alone without chaperones(even the Baroness with Max; scandalous!) and Maria not submitting to her "God-given-authority"; be it the convent, or her employer.

Hmmmmmm, would Gothard actually have a say now? Or would Gil have to answer to Tim Lund-something? Or.......(gasp!) Alfred? Well, at least then Gil would be saved the trouble of having to choose between BUB and being on the BoD of IBLP.

So there's a season 3 preview on the Bates Family Blog (not the official one, the Lily and Ellie one) and it mentions nothing about any courtships or pregnancy announcements?

Think they'll drop the bombshells on the show or keep teasing us?

19 hours ago, MissBitters said:

It's very interesting that Zack and Whitney and Chad and Erin have chosen to not attend their dad's church. I wonder if the married kids are still participating in the Kelly's Friday night Bible time. I remember Whitney and Zack didn't look too thrilled about it when Kelly suggested it.

I'm interested in this in general because I know Jessa and Ben don't go to the Duggars' church and neither did Jill and Derek when they lived in Ark. Neither do the Bates children. Is this a Gothard thing we don't know about that's part of leaving and cleaving or is it actual proof of them striking out on their own?

7 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

So there's a season 3 preview on the Bates Family Blog (not the official one, the Lily and Ellie one) and it mentions nothing about any courtships or pregnancy announcements?

Think they'll drop the bombshells on the show or keep teasing us?

I am surprised that there were no courtship hints. I am guessing that Nathan & Ashley are just "dating with a purpose" at this point.

I also think that IF any Bates females are pregnant today, they weren't far enough along to announce it when that preview was written--I think all of the events listed in that UP press release happened before November.

It's baby Carson Day! He is adorable. Apparently he is in NYC with Lawson and I assume the rest of the family. Maybe doing promotions for their new season.

12 hours ago, accountingstar said:

The Bates Family has decorated for Christmas.

Honeymoon photo posted by Michael.

The wise man Balthasar is missing from their nativity scene. Hmmm.

The Duggarlings no longer go to the Church of Duggar as it was disbanded last spring.  Even JB and Michelle had to find a real church. 

I'm glad to see the Bates' offspring branching out to different churches.  They may get exposed to a few new ideas that way. 

37 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The Duggarlings no longer go to the Church of Duggar as it was disbanded last spring.  Even JB and Michelle had to find a real church. 

I'm glad to see the Bates' offspring branching out to different churches.  They may get exposed to a few new ideas that way. 

There was a post on an article awhile back, where it was predicted the family dynamic is going to change (paraphrasing). Being expose to megachurches and college (from the brother-in-laws), and JB and Michelle are no spring chicken, so...time will tell.

Side note: I was looking at the Bates page to see if Nathan and Ashley had any picks together while they are NYC. Reason: I remember seeing her type the word hubby and marriage, but I could be reading too much into fundie post. Carry on.

Of course the Bates Family saw JuJu Chang co-anchor of Nightline. She really likes the family.

Baby Carson again.

Nathan's there. He must be visiting Ashley. It's so close to Christmas. An engagement?

Press Release from Up regarding the new season of Bringing Up Bates:

http://presscontent.uptv.com/assets/programs/Bringing-Up-Bates-HVWFOGZG/materials/UP%20-%20Bringing%20Up%20Bates%20-%20All-New%20Season%203%20-%20FINAL.pdf

The new season is only 13 episodes.

There is a New Year's Eve marathon of the show.

Descriptions for the first Four episodes of the season are as follows:

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Bringing Up Bates #301

“Welcome Back Bates” (1 hour)

The past year has been one of enormous change and growth for the Bates. In the Season 3 premiere, the Bates clan rallies together to help Michaella finally find the wedding dress of her dreams. Later, the family braves a stormy outdoor wedding for Kelly Jo’s sister, and celebrates Gil’s dad, Papa Bill, with an awesome 4th of July birthday party!

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Bringing Up Bates #302

“Sweet Tea & Sit Ups”

With Michaella’s wedding quickly approaching, Kelly Jo and Gil wager to see who can get in shape to look their best for the big day. While Kelly Jo enlists Tori to motivate her and help with workouts, Gil finds his coach, Lawson, uses a more hands off approach to whip him into shape.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Bringing Up Bates #303

“15 Kids and an Empty Nest”

With the big wedding just days away the family is busier than ever. Erin hosts a laughter filled candle making party for Michaella and her bridesmaids, while Nathan, Lawson, and Trace take Brandon on an outing to the skating rink,

But an accident on the ice could put the wedding in jeopardy.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Bringing Up Bates #304

“A Big Bates Wedding” (1 Hour)

The day that Michaella has been waiting for is here! After months of planning it's a bittersweet moment for the Bates family, who realize she'll soon be leaving home. There's a lot to do before 800 guests arrive to celebrate and see Michaella and Brandon say, "I do" and finally share their first kiss.

At least Up is not dragging out the wedding like TLC did with the Duggars. I am actually looking forward to seeing Michael get married.

I tried really hard to get through a church service from Zach and Whit's church.  The music was great.  The talent on par with most small churches, i.e. hit and miss, and the songs were classic southern gospel hymns.  The preaching was difficult.  I don't think he had a mic so he was speaking loud to be heard and then he got all shouty like backwoods southern preachers tend to do.  The recording was poor quality too.  What he said, at least the bit I listened too wasn't horrible either.  It boiled down to, make sure your kids know you love them or they'll find someone who will show them love and follow that person's guidance not yours.

Does Lawson still live in the Bates boys dorm? Because if he's watching shows like The Voice, his other siblings are watching it with him. 

As for Erin, I think she's a very talented piano player. The only times she's sounded bad were at Duggar weddings. 

The Bates have been freakishly quiet for a while on instagram as for as pictures of people, not christmas decorations. I have a feeling Alyssa, Erin, and Whitney are all pregnant. 

17 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Press Release from Up regarding the new season of Bringing Up Bates:

http://presscontent.uptv.com/assets/programs/Bringing-Up-Bates-HVWFOGZG/materials/UP%20-%20Bringing%20Up%20Bates%20-%20All-New%20Season%203%20-%20FINAL.pdf

The new season is only 13 episodes.

There is a New Year's Eve marathon of the show.

At least Up is not dragging out the wedding like TLC did with the Duggars. I am actually looking forward to seeing Michael get married.

I would say ending one season with several wedding planning episodes (with a Say Yes to the Dress "to be continued" finale) and four more in the new season, including an *exciting* candle-making bachelorette party and an ominous but in reality totally anti-climactic ice-skating accident sounds pretty dragged out to me....

46 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

The Bates have been freakishly quiet for a while on instagram as for as pictures of people, not christmas decorations. I have a feeling Alyssa, Erin, and Whitney are all pregnant. 

I really hope (for her health's sake) that Erin is not pregnant.  At least allow Carson's first birthday to pass before thinking of making him a big brother.

I was wrong on my prediction that Michaella would be pregnant by now.  There was a pic of her on IG about a week ago (with Kelly) where's she's wearing a very cute LBD.  She looked great, and definitely not pregnant.

But I think the number of Bates grandchildren will double in 2016 (baby #2 for Zach/Whit, John/Alyssa, and #1 for Brandon/Michael).

Regarding Lawson and the Voice..... The runner up sings bluegrass and country songs.  She is from Tennessee. I did not watch the show on tv, but I did watch performances on YouTube. The winner and runner up both sang faith based songs on the show.

Emily Ann's celebrity performance was with Ricky Skaggs. If I remember right Lawson's CD was recorded at Ricky's studio. I think their family friend who does music with them plays with Ricky. I can't remember his name... I think he was one of Zach's groomsmen. (Andy Leftwich)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAqPSMfw2-4 Emily Ann and Ricky

Even better.... Emily is from Knoxville.

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

I would say ending one season with several wedding planning episodes (with a Say Yes to the Dress "to be continued" finale) and four more in the new season, including an *exciting* candle-making bachelorette party and an ominous but in reality totally anti-climactic ice-skating accident sounds pretty dragged out to me....

Michael wasn't even married by the time the last season finished up so it's not like they were arbitrarily holding back episodes.

Kelly and Gil have been married 28 years. Surprised that their married children and Lawson haven't post anything on Instagram yet.

At least they are not matching. I wonder which iPhone model Gil owns.

13 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

Kelly and Gil have been married 28 years. Surprised that their married children and Lawson haven't post anything on Instagram yet.

<snip>

At least they are not matching. I wonder which iPhone model Gil owns.

I'll get on the iPhone speculation train. Definitely a 5/5s... 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived