IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

Just like their friends the Duggars, Gil and Kelly also have 19 kids! They've managed to marry off more of them than the Duggars have so far, and they have a show on a network called Up. So I guess maybe they're winning?

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24788

Part 2: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25345

Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26562

Part 4: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/24178-bates-family-part-4/?page=1

Archive: viewforum.php?f=101

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also thought Whitney was pregnant when I saw her post from Dollywood.  Her breast are very full.   

I imagine that an announcement will happen soon. I think that she is as well! 

If Whitney is pregnant, I'll admit to being a little disappointed. Bradley is so young! She and Zach seem like really hands-on parents. It's hard to imagine them with a Bates sized quiver.

With respect to Whitney, Alyssa, and possible second babies, I'm going to put the disappointment on hold for a bit. Many couples do intentionally conceive their children, especially their first children, close together for a whole bunch of practical and emotional reasons. 18 months isn't that unusual a spacing for the first two kids in a non-fundie family. Also, with only one baby each, they're not yet facing the logistical and financial difficulties related to large famlies.

If in three or four years those couples are showing no evidence of slowing down, then I will gladly join in the chorus of condemnation. Until then, I hope this is what they want as well as what they've been taught.

Even if Whitney is already 3 mo. pregnant, a spacing of 19 months is still several months longer than most the previous generation Bates births.

And yowza, check out Alyssa's last dress--hello short skirt:

Even if Whitney is already 3 mo. pregnant, a spacing of 19 months is still several months longer than most the previous generation Bates births.

And yowza, check out Alyssa's last dress--hello short skirt:

It might be super shallow, but I really love that dress!

Alyssa dresses like me (I'm not religious at all), but I can't wear so high heels! I couldn't walk with these shoes, specially with a baby in arms.

I'm sure Alyssa will have another kid soon, but I'm not sure she really wants it. I think she loves Allie a lot, but she is 20 and seems to enjoy fashion, shopping, going out with John... she is enjoying youth living and each baby will make it more difficult: less free time, less money, body changing... Maybe the best option for her would be to wait 4 or 5 years for the new baby and have time to enjoy her fashionable life.

Well I'm not in her mind, maybe she wants 6 kids! I just write my feelings about her.

If Whitney is pregnant, I'll admit to being a little disappointed. Bradley is so young! She and Zach seem like really hands-on parents. It's hard to imagine them with a Bates sized quiver.

Well, Whitney and Zach seem very gentle parents and I'm sure they can raise another baby. Two little kids is a hard thing but lots of couples do it happily.

A can see Whitney wanting a big family (not 20 kids, but maybe 6 or more), but I'm not sure about Zach. I can see him limiting family size, maybe not stopping at 2, but definitely not having a quiver. I see Zach as a very conservative person, but not ATI-style.

Did anyone see that the Bates Family was visiting Papa and Mama Jane this weekend for a pre-Thanksgiving Celebration? I wonder if this will be featured on Bring Up Bates? I love Mama Jane. Their Thanksgiving celebration with them last year was featured. Also, are they celebrating Thanksgiving at home in TN or going to Florida?

Here's the photos:

Zach, Whitney, and baby Bradley visited over 3 weeks ago and it appears that they were in Dollywood this weekend. Photo from their trip to the farm in SC.

Did anyone see that the Bates Family was visiting Papa and Mama Jane this weekend for a pre-Thanksgiving Celebration? I wonder if this will be featured on Bring Up Bates? I love Mama Jane. Their Thanksgiving celebration with them last year was featured. Also, are they celebrating Thanksgiving at home in TN or going to Florida?

Here's the photos:

Zach, Whitney, and baby Bradley visited over 3 weeks ago and it appears that they were in Dollywood this weekend. Photo from their trip to the farm in SC.

Addee looks just like Michael and Ellie is a mini-Carlin!

Also, Bradley and Carson are too cute for this world, and Erin is rocking those hipster glasses.

I know they're super homophobic and probably hiding some messed up shit involving the Gothard sex scandal, but I can't turn away. It's like a trainwreck except the train involved was carrying a lot of cuddly and sweet kittens and chinchillas that were all miraculously unharmed.

:my_rolleyes: Imma calling it - Carson is the friggin cutest baby EVER!

(And I'm not just giving him the prize for cutest Bates baby, but also across the Duggars, Andersens, Maxwells, the whole lot of them!)

Plus they seem to adore every chubby inch of him, which makes me happy and gives me hope... 

Woah, Addee looks so grown up! And yeah, she does look like Michael. 

All the Bates grand babies are cute to me :D 

Well, Whitney and Zach seem very gentle parents and I'm sure they can raise another baby. Two little kids is a hard thing but lots of couples do it happily.

A can see Whitney wanting a big family (not 20 kids, but maybe 6 or more), but I'm not sure about Zach. I can see him limiting family size, maybe not stopping at 2, but definitely not having a quiver. I see Zach as a very conservative person, but not ATI-style.

I know they do, but my concern is that Whitney seems to have bought into the Bateses Kool-Aid. I want them to leave the cult and at the moment, it seems as though they're still pretty heavily entrenched.

I know they do, but my concern is that Whitney seems to have bought into the Bateses Kool-Aid. I want them to leave the cult and at the moment, it seems as though they're still pretty heavily entrenched.

Whitney has seen other things than all the Bates kids. She could stay hardcore for the rest of her life. However, Whitney seems to have a spark in her, I bet later on she will wonder "what the hell am I doing and where did my life go?" and back off and back to being a conservative Christian. It might take an event to make it happen. Zach loosing a job, Bradley is 4 or 5 and her friends are posting preschool/K pictures and she has 3 kids under 5 and struggling to keep it all going, her having a relationship with both her bio and adoptive parents, etc. I think something will jolt her awake.

Bradley, Carson and Allie Jane are so cute. 

And all the younger Bateses kids are adorable. 

And I like how Zack/Whitney, Chad/Erin and Alyssa/John (and Lawson) don't preach at me on social media.  They may post scripture or a religious song etc., but I don't feel like they are doing it to instill guilt and shame like the married Duggars do.  (Although I know the Bates all believe the same.) 

Bradley, Carson and Allie Jane are so cute. 

And all the younger Bateses kids are adorable. 

And I like how Zack/Whitney, Chad/Erin and Alyssa/John (and Lawson) don't preach at me on social media.  They may post scripture or a religious song etc., but I don't feel like they are doing it to instill guilt and shame like the married Duggars do.  (Although I know the Bates all believe the same.) 

maybe because they have REAL JOBS and no time for preaching. In fact, the only who were publicy deeply-religious  were Chad and Erin, but now they both work, raise a baby and have house chores, so maybe they have no time for more "Chad perspectives". Alyssa has always appeared as a pragmatic person, not very religious or espiritual.

Zach and Whitney had a blog at the beginning and try to write a religious vision of life, but I think work and kid make them too busy.

To the opposite, Jill and Jessa's husbands are not working, plus they have sisters to help raising her babies. And they have not independent lifes, they live in their parent's properties and seem to have emotional dependance on JB and Michelle. Yes, Jill is travelling but it seems more a vacation than a job or a serious way of life.

So Duggars play to be mom&dad while Bates are real adults. And it's easy to spend time preaching in facebook when you don't need to work or to change diapers.

Here's the photos:

Woah. That picture is not flattering for Chad at all. The combination of the lighting/angle makes him look really sick and washed out. Also really thin. It's amazing what camera angles can do lol. 

Is it just me or does Chad look like Paul Ryan?  In terms of fundie husbands, he's probably the jackpot, but I still can't look beyond him and see Paul Ryan (who I despise).

Is it just me or does Chad look like Paul Ryan?  In terms of fundie husbands, he's probably the jackpot, but I still can't look beyond him and see Paul Ryan (who I despise).

I think he looks a lot like Paul Ryan too.

:my_rolleyes: Imma calling it - Carson is the friggin cutest baby EVER!

(And I'm not just giving him the prize for cutest Bates baby, but also across the Duggars, Andersens, Maxwells, the whole lot of them!)

Plus they seem to adore every chubby inch of him, which makes me happy and gives me hope... 

I don't know, Bradley is pretty flipping cute.  Right now he wins the prize as cutest for me.

maybe because they have REAL JOBS and no time for preaching. In fact, the only who were publicy deeply-religious  were Chad and Erin, but now they both work, raise a baby and have house chores, so maybe they have no time for more "Chad perspectives". Alyssa has always appeared as a pragmatic person, not very religious or espiritual.

Zach and Whitney had a blog at the beginning and try to write a religious vision of life, but I think work and kid make them too busy.

To the opposite, Jill and Jessa's husbands are not working, plus they have sisters to help raising her babies. And they have not independent lifes, they live in their parent's properties and seem to have emotional dependance on JB and Michelle. Yes, Jill is travelling but it seems more a vacation than a job or a serious way of life.

So Duggars play to be mom&dad while Bates are real adults. And it's easy to spend time preaching in facebook when you don't need to work or to change diapers.

Even when posting more religious stuff, Chad and Erin were never as preachy as the Dillards and Seewalds. It seems more heartfelt instead of trying to impress everyone with how pious they are. It's not my thing, but I can deal with it better than Ben Seewald's deep thoughts.

Even when posting more religious stuff, Chad and Erin were never as preachy as the Dillards and Seewalds. It seems more heartfelt instead of trying to impress everyone with how pious they are. It's not my thing, but I can deal with it better than Ben Seewald's deep thoughts.

Yeah. I hate to defend fundies but the Chad/Erin posts seemed to be rooted in genuine gratitude, while the Dillards and Seewalds seem a lot more LOOK AT ME! LOOK HOW HOLY AND GOOD I AM! 

I definitely see it. 

Also, Erin may have the best teeth I've ever seen on a human being. 

Chad looks always a little bit sick when it´s autumn / winter. I have the same problem, my skin is rather fair and I look very fast very sick. It was helpful in school... :my_cool:

Let's face it: the deepest thought Ben Seewald has is "breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived