IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

30 minutes ago, accountingstar said:

Lawson singing with Josie singing the First Noel. Lawson knows Elvis. 

I totally agree. I am shocked by his secular knowledge of music. I don't know any fundy like Lawson.

It's Whitney and Zach's wedding anniversary.

Love that they watch movies. They seem truly happy. Glad that they found each other.

I am so happy Zach chose Whitney. He met her on his own and didn't have family deciding if she was good enough to court. He used his own judgment in starting a relationship with her and he ended up finding his true soul mate. I think it also gives him a bit a confidence that he could show interest in someone like Whitney, she reciprocates that interest and true love ensued. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had 3 sons.I had people ask me if I was going to keep trying for a girl.

I had someone ask when the next one was due(I wasnt pregnant) when my oldest was 9 months old.

When I was 42,I had a co-worker ask if I had already been through menopause...no,I had not...not for another 10 years.
People are nosey and rude.

11 hours ago, accountingstar said:

It's Whitney and Zach's wedding anniversary.

Love that they watch movies. They seem truly happy. Glad that they found each other.

I love that they seem to really be in love and Zach didn't do the traditional courtship crap- they even kissed before marriage!!

I also love the fact that it is wedding anniversary #2 and no announcement of baby #2. (I know it may be short lived celebration).

I never noticed before how much Josie and Lawson look alike. 

And man Josie is beautiful. The Bateses got some strong pretty genes in that DNA.

I'm not sure why Lawson even puts his sisters in his videos if all he's going to do is sing over them and not sing a proper duet. 

27 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm not sure why Lawson even puts his sisters in his videos if all he's going to do is sing over them and not sing a proper duet. 

How else will they get into a courtship? :CLINDOEIL:

2 hours ago, nausicaa25 said:

And man Josie is beautiful. The Bateses got some strong pretty genes in that DNA.

I know, right? Josie has turned into such a stunning beauty. Katie is still in that awkward teen phase, but I'm sure in two years, she'll also be quite the looker. These Bates girls have so many different looks, and yet they are all beautiful.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I was only thinking that these videos are basically a sister looking at him with 'look at my awesome big brother' eyes and not really singing much. I mean, it's cute they seem close and all, but these music videos are always weird.

On 12/14/2015 at 1:01 PM, accountingstar said:

I always said I'd never have a "pet fundie" but......

30 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I know, right? Josie has turned into such a stunning beauty. Katie is still in that awkward teen phase, but I'm sure in two years, she'll also be quite the looker. These Bates girls have so many different looks, and yet they are all beautiful.

Awkward teen phase? Seriously? I think Katie is already "quite the looker". She just looks different from Josie, they aren't twins anyway. Katie takes more after Erin and Grandma Jane. 

30 minutes ago, JillyO said:

They're all beautiful. Katie isn't that awkward-looking to me. 

They do seem to vary more looks-wise than the Duggars. Hannie looks like Joy and so on, plus Josiah, Jed and Jason all look similar. Addee Bates looks like Michael I guess. I've seen many people say that they can't tell the Bates girls/Bates boys apart; I've pretty much always been able to.

I think the Bates kids, in general, are MUCH better looking than the Duggar kids...might just be that they seem more lively than the Duggars.

I think the Duggar girls are stunning.  I know when the older ones were younger, they had some frumpiness/awkward teen (see the original specials), but some of that could be attributed to their (lack of) style at the time.  The Lost Girls very pretty (if Jordyn keeps up her looks, she's going to grow up stunning), and I can already see some of them looking like older sisters (Johannah looks like Joy).  The Duggar boys are cute kids, but they lose their looks (and hair) at puberty.   The only Duggar that does not have a sibling look similar is Josie.  

The Bates have good looking boys and girls at all ages. Some of their boys are better looking than others, some had awkward teen phases/grew into their looks (Michaela, Alyssa, Nathan).  But not all of them seem to have a mirror sibling.  The oldest 6 in the family (only counting the 20 somethings-- 3 boys 3 girls) all have their own unique looks.  

I think the girls in both families are somewhat better looking than the guys, but they're all basically decent-to-good-looking people.

I find the girls in the bates family looking better. But I think it has more to do with that I think the bates girls dress nicer within the modesty standards they uphold

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

The only Duggar that does not have a sibling look similar is Josie.  

that's because she looks exactly like Meechelle. 

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I think the Duggar girls are stunning.  I know when the older ones were younger, they had some frumpiness/awkward teen (see the original specials), but some of that could be attributed to their (lack of) style at the time.  The Lost Girls very pretty (if Jordyn keeps up her looks, she's going to grow up stunning), and I can already see some of them looking like older sisters (Johannah looks like Joy).  The Duggar boys are cute kids, but they lose their looks (and hair) at puberty.   The only Duggar that does not have a sibling look similar is Josie.  

The Bates have good looking boys and girls at all ages. Some of their boys are better looking than others, some had awkward teen phases/grew into their looks (Michaela, Alyssa, Nathan).  But not all of them seem to have a mirror sibling.  The oldest 6 in the family (only counting the 20 somethings-- 3 boys 3 girls) all have their own unique looks.  

As someone who had her own VERY awkward phase, I can totally relate to the girls who had one themselves. I'm so glad I didn't have to live it out in front of any camera except my mother's.....and I banned her from showing pics to anyone! 

I've always said that the Duggar girls have a hella awkward phase (Jana in that first special anyone?) but once they get past it, they make beautiful women. 

Meanwhile the poor boys don't seem to make good looking adults because they start going bald at 16 it seems. I do think one of the twins has the potential to buck the trend and stay kinda good looking and Joe is IMO a lot better looking than Josh/JD/Josiah, but they are definitely a family that makes really pretty girls and.....homely boys IMO. 

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

Seriously, the pretty is strong in that family. For all the other drawbacks of being a member...

I think the Bates girls are way prettier but both the Duggars and Bates girls are beautiful. In general Bates boys are decent looking, some of them are handsome, some not so much but the Duggar boys.... they're very homely with the exception so far of Jeremiah who I think is handsome. Being a part of an ATI family can't be an easy picnic let alone if you're not a good looking girl... since that culture values that so much, ironic since they talk about focusing on modesty and the spiritual side of life instead of looks, yeah right.

On 12/11/2015 at 4:55 AM, AlysonRR said:

I had progesterone supplements to help maintain the luteal phase and allow implantation. It was pretty easy - the progesterone comes in vaginal suppositories. I wonder if that's what Kelly needed?

Hmmm---that's what a doctor advised me to do, but I conceived successfully on my own.

Like most others, I think the Bates and Duggar girls are all very beautiful. The Bates boys on average are definitely more attractive than the Duggar boys, but I really don't think Joseph and the twins are unattractive. If you're gonna have eleventy kids, at least make sure you've got some good-lookin' genetic combos to pass on. The Bates have that going for them, at least. 

Josh was pretty good looking before he got married, actually. I think Joseph is cute, too. And the twins. The others aren't ugly, they're just average. Nothing wrong with average... most of us are, after all. ;) 

Callie wearing an animal print dress. I love animal print. The Bates Family has really come a long way with their fashion.

Baby Bradley is now walking. Video posted. He is so cute.

This is my first post, but I had to say something.... Did anyone notice Lawson congratulating the contestants of the Voice tonight? I was surprised he would even watch that show! 

6 hours ago, Granwych said:

Hmmm---that's what a doctor advised me to do, but I conceived successfully on my own.

Congratulations! 

I had what seemed to be four failed implantations, based solely on fertility awareness indicators (too early for pg test) and I was getting older (first baby at 36), so I used progesterone. 

My second pregnancy happened before I had my first cycle and there was plenty of time for implantation (no short luteal phase), so I didn't need it then.

The problem with getting progesterone is that you have to have it at about 4-5wk pg (then thru 1st trimester) and most people don't know they're pg that early (though tests are more accurate now than back then). Also, a lot of OBs won't see you til you're 8wk pg. I was lucky to have the wife of a work colleague as my OB so I could get in early.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived