IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

10 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

...if so I wonder if the Bates are the ones that told the Duggars that Joe needed some more education before a wedding would be possible...

That's a fun bit of speculation that would reconcile a few seeming inconsistencies. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked my email (I had emailed them some years ago with some questions) and the following link was attached. 

gilbatesfamily.com/contact-us/

So that's their old site. Wonder what info the wayback machine has to offer. 

4 hours ago, Jeebusismycopilot said:

That's BRILLIANT! Grandma logic wins every time!  Although to be fair, at some point you call out for the wrong child regardless of how close their names are. "Bob, Frank, Sue, whoever you are!" 

Hell, I've done that with "Mum, Dad, Cat" 

Haha, I was going to say, I look directly into my fraternal twins faces and still call them by the wrong name like 25% of the time! 

8 hours ago, Jeebusismycopilot said:

That's BRILLIANT! Grandma logic wins every time!  Although to be fair, at some point you call out for the wrong child regardless of how close their names are. "Bob, Frank, Sue, whoever you are!" 

Yes! it's too much trouble to name the kids something similar. My cousin named her twins (boy and girl) Gabriel and Gabrielle................ she's crazy.

my kids have totally dissimilar names. I would call one and get one I didn't want. I also would look at a child and could NOT remember their names to save my life...I'd go as far as the cats' names sometimes!

I see quite a bit of Erin in him, but also some Chad.  He's adorable. 

10 hours ago, Jeebusismycopilot said:

Yelling the name is always a good test.

Friend of mine adopted a dog that her hairdresser was no longer able to look after.   She changed the dog's name from Tequila to Keela because she didn't want to stand on her porch or in the park yelling for Tequila.

On December 10, 2015 at 10:03 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Is Lawson the only one that's allowed to listen to secular music since he's trying to have a music career?

The younger kids new the lyrics to Let It Go. There's a video of that somewhere on one of their Instagrams.

On December 11, 2015 at 3:27 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Best case scenario: Michelle is remarkably uncreative and just steals J names from Kelly because she's too lazy to come up with any number of other perfectly good J names (Jacob, Julia, Juliet, Jonas, Jacqueline/Jackie, Jane, Jeffrey, Jared, Jasmine, Jahangir -- which, BTW, means Conqueror of the World in Persian). More likely case: she's a narcissistic asshole.

It's hard to say one way or the other. But, if Jubilee had been to term AND named Jubilee, that would be a definitive bitchy move. 

Bates grandchildren are adorable.  With that in mind, I'm sure Michael eill be announcing some time soon. 

On 12/11/2015 at 2:44 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

...if so I wonder if the Bates are the ones that told the Duggars that Joe needed some more education before a wedding would be possible...

Something had to happen.  You can't tell me Joe is the first Duggar kid who wanted to go to school.  Either Gil said, "My daughter isn't going to marry an uneducated person who can't work for anyone but daddy." or someone else said, "It looks bad that all of the Bates kids have done some sort of higher education and your kids haven't".  I think if it had just been story line, Joe wouldn't have gone back.

Poor Baby Bradley had his first hair cut. I loved his hair before. He looks so serious in the photo.

Michael looks so thin in this photo. Her clothing style is changing for the better. Dress boots and a little black dress.

Finally, Allie Jane cuteness in her Carter's monkey PJs.

On December 11, 2015 at 5:39 PM, twinmama said:

Haha, I was going to say, I look directly into my fraternal twins faces and still call them by the wrong name like 25% of the time! 

My brothers are fraternal twins and sometimes my mom just combines their names into one, haha.

I can't get over Bradley's face in that photo. He looks like he's deep in thought. Either, "Ugh this angry birds bib makes me look ridiculous." Or something much deeper, "But where does mommy go when we are playing peek-a-boo? She disappears and reappears like magic!"

I doubt if that would ever cross GIl's mind. Either family can go to college or sing secular songs all they want. It doesn't change the fact both are part of an organization that covered sexual abuse and let their kids around a man accused of inappropriate conduct.

Something had to happen. You can't tell me Joe is the first Duggar kid who wanted to go to school. Either Gil said, "My daughter isn't going to marry an uneducated person who can't work for anyone but daddy." or someone else said, "It looks bad that all of the Bates kids have done some sort of higher education and your kids haven't". I think if it had just been story line, Joe wouldn't have gone back.

Speaking of similar names, before either Jordyn or Josie was born, someone suggested Jessie and it made my head spin. You already have a sister jessa.

Is it normal to take a one-year-old to the salon for a haircut? I don't know anyone who does that. Everyone just cuts their own kids' hair until they are at least three or four. Do I just know really cheap people? :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Is it normal to take a one-year-old to the salon for a haircut? I don't know anyone who does that. Everyone just cuts their own kids' hair until they are at least three or four. Do I just know really cheap people? :my_biggrin:

Maybe Whitney and Zach don't have very steady hands when they use scissors and didn't want to give Bradley a bad haircut (it would be a lot more noticeable because his hair's pretty long)? I think my parents took me to a salon to get my hair cut as a baby/toddler for that reason.

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

I would took baby (if I had one) to salon. I don't trust myself with scissors. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

I remember my mum taking my brothers to the hairdressers for haircuts when they were toddlers. She did cut my fringe herself though, until I was old enough to not let her. She has no hairdressing talent, it was always too short and totally uneven.

I took all my 1 year olds to a hairdresser for actual haircuts.  Fringe I did myself, and it was awful. Pros know how to work with squirmy toddlers.

I noticed most babes new to pro haircutting either sit very still, or cry lots.  New experience, new people and photos tend to do that to littles.

5 hours ago, roddma said:

I doubt if that would ever cross GIl's mind. Either family can go to college or sing secular songs all they want. It doesn't change the fact both are part of an organization that covered sexual abuse and let their kids around a man accused of inappropriate conduct.

I doubt it these things would cross Gil's minds either.   Some of the Bateseses kids have attended college, some haven't.   They have gone their own individual ways such as it's allowed, and there's been some of that with the Duggar kids.   Though I will grant the Bateseses kids have been allowed more leeway but I think it's because the family hasn't have the advantage of being on a national TV show for years with all it's perks and money.    The Duggar kids have more or less been controlled more because of the show by having to be available for filming plus maintain the family brand while the Bateseses kids have actually had to work to help support Mommy and Daddy. 

Now I would like to think that the Joshgates might give Gil pause as far as having one of his kids marry a Duggar now, being the scandals showed what a mess the family is.   I would think that, as a father, should cross his mind.   However, since he's a board member of an organization that covered sexual abuse and allowed his daughters around the leader of same organization who a part in perpetrating that abuse, I doubt it.   The Bateseses probably have their stuff that they wouldn't want to see coming out in the light of day (and we could be seeing that now with the IBLP lawsuits) but at the same time the Duggar brand is now tainted and I suspect it may be with their fellow fundies as well, not just their now former TV audience.  The kids might still socialize still but I wouldn't be surprised if other fundie families shy away from anything resembling a courtship especially after the Joshgates.

On 11/28/2015 at 6:02 PM, Georgiana said:

There's a lot of focus today on "degrees".  Everyone goes into massive debt to get a piece of paper...and then what?

A lifetime of massive student loan debt, that's what. It's a real racket.

7 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

A lifetime of massive student loan debt, that's what. It's a real racket.

That's what it's become I am afraid.   The main reason why I will not go for my Masters.  I would like to but can't afford to set myself and Mr. No back financially when Mr. No is on the brink of retirement.  My employer does offer tuition reimbursement but it's only partial and the amount I would still have to cover is too much.

Back when I got my bachelors I was able to come out with the piece of paper debt free between working while in school, some financial aid and living at home but that wouldn't be possible now.  I fear for my nephew who is looking at college and accepts that he's going to go into debt for it.

I wonder if the Gil and Kelly's "pre-Christmas visit" to Chicago means Gil had another ATI board meeting.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived