IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

8 hours ago, crazysnark said:

The Bates have been freakishly quiet for a while on instagram as for as pictures of people, not christmas decorations. I have a feeling Alyssa, Erin, and Whitney are all pregnant. 

Unless their plan is to have 2 or maybe 3 in very quick succession and be "done", I sincerely hope Erin is not pregnant for the sake of her health. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gil and Kelly are in New York, and they've brought along Erin, Lawson, and Nathan. In the recent past, when Gil and Kelly have travelled, Erin and Lawson have babysat and the parents have brought some of the youngest kids along with them (presumably to make the babysitters' jobs easier.) This time, though, they have the oldest kids with them and no sign of the youngest. Who exactly is looking after the children?

I'm sure it's not Alyssa or Whit&Zach; they have their hands full with their own babies and none of them have babysit in the past. That leaves Tori (20) and Trace (18) as the eldest; they're legally adult, and they have Carlin (17), Josie (16), and Katie (15) to help, but that's still an awful lot of responsibility for Tori and Trace to assume (and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that Trace is equally responsible, since the Bates family does seem to recognize that boys can take on childcare.)

And it's Tori's birthday, too. I do hope Michael came back from Illinois to help out. This is the absolute worst about these mega-families, when they make their children take on responsibilities that really should be the parents' domain.

1 minute ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Gil and Kelly are in New York, and they've brought along Erin, Lawson, and Nathan. In the recent past, when Gil and Kelly have travelled, Erin and Lawson have babysat and the parents have brought some of the youngest kids along with them (presumably to make the babysitters' jobs easier.) This time, though, they have the oldest kids with them and no sign of the youngest. Who exactly is looking after the children?

I'm sure it's not Alyssa or Whit&Zach; they have their hands full with their own babies and none of them have babysit in the past. That leaves Tori (20) and Trace (18) as the eldest; they're legally adult, and they have Carlin (17), Josie (16), and Katie (15) to help, but that's still an awful lot of responsibility for Tori and Trace to assume (and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that Trace is equally responsible, since the Bates family does seem to recognize that boys can take on childcare.)

And it's Tori's birthday, too. I do hope Michael came back from Illinois to help out. This is the absolute worst about these mega-families, when they make their children take on responsibilities that really should be the parents' domain.

She's posted about Erin making dinner for the kids while she was gone- perhaps Cherin stepped in for a bit?

Erin and Chad have definitely stepped in for Gil and Kelly in the past. But this time, Erin is with them in New York, at least according to Gil and Kelly's instagram. It's a bit hard for her to make the kids dinner if she's not there! No indication of whether Chad is in NYC or at home.

On 12/20/2015 at 8:43 PM, actuallyjessica said:

78b0266a8514c810914b31ea11c10989.jpg

If it turns out that Alyssa is not currently pregnant, I'll be damned.

I agree! She is holding the baby over her belly or has John's hands over her belly in almost every IG she has posted lately. 

I swear people have been absolutely positive that Alyssa is pregnant again since ~8 weeks after she gave birth. At some point it's going to be true. Keep repeating it every day and you'll be able to say you called it when it finally is announced. :kitty-wink:

I swear people have been absolutely positive that Alyssa is pregnant again since ~8 weeks after she gave birth. At some point it's going to be true. Keep repeating it every day and you'll be able to say you called it when it finally is announced. :kitty-wink:

I haven't thought so until today. I saw several pictures of them just in the past few days (of course I can't find them now) and she seems to be hiding the belly area. 3-4 weeks ago I never would have jumped on the pregnancy train.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 7:47 PM, accountingstar said:

It's baby Carson Day! He is adorable. Apparently he is in NYC with Lawson and I assume the rest of the family. Maybe doing promotions for their new season.

Carson is a doll! And doesn't he look a lot like Auntie Alyssa, too?

33 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Carson is a doll! And doesn't he look a lot like Auntie Alyssa, too?

Yes, he does. I haven't thought about it until you said so but yes. I like the fact that Lawson seems to genuinely like holding Carson and be a good uncle to him. 

I am so grossed out by the Bates kids decorating their parents boudoir to celebrate their anniversary. 

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I am so grossed out by the Bates kids decorating their parents boudoir to celebrate their anniversary. 

That is weird. 

Here is the picture that squicks me out: 

Let's pretend that is a gift of lube at the end of the bed

Bates.JPG

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Bates.JPG

Wow they all think about sex A LOT!! wow. gross. wow.

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Bates.JPG

I hope that is not a hotel room. If so, I feel very sorry for the maid who has to clean up that mess,

To me, that looks like a bed for a little girl that has outgrown her toddler bed and it has been turned into a celebration. She just happens to have extravagant parents who like the idea of a really big bed.

3 minutes ago, socalrules said:

To me, that looks like a bed for a little girl that has outgrown her toddler bed and it has been turned into a celebration. She just happens to have extravagant parents who like the idea of a really big bed.

Isn't that how Erin & Chad's bedroom first looked? Super-frilly & girly.

After watching the Duggerlings do the same thing for their parents nothing shocks me anymore. I believe JB made some horribly inappropriate comment at the time too, SHOCKING I know.  :output_eeMbjt::brainbleach:

At no time growing up did it ever cross my mind or that of any of my brothers and sisters, to decorate our parents bedroom in celebration of their anniversary.  As we got older, we did have fun planning special celebrations for them, but it never centered around their bedroom or their "fellowshipping" with each other!  Good lord!  Don't most people consciously avert their thoughts from anything to do with their parents sexual relationship?

This is slightly off-topic but i wondered who else has seen the Christmas Special clips on the UP website with the Bates.

Erin/Alyssa, Tori/Carlin, Michaela and Brandon, Lawson, Nathan and Trace, etc etc. Kelly Jo and Erin and Alyssa, etc etc. 

Each clip is only 30 seconds or 1 minute each, with the family members sharing their favorite Christmas memories, or traditions and things like that.

I know we have said before that Alyssa seems the most distant of the married children, not including the physical distance from Florida and Tennessee.

i just thought it was interesting when they talked over Christmas memories and traditions their family has had,  and THEN when they (Erin and Alyssa) were answering a question about decorating the house for Christmas too early, they used words I thought were a bit strange?

Alyssa said things like "I always love decorating the house", "always have the tree up before Thanksgiving" Erin says "Every year Chad and I" (they've only been married for 2?!??) I don't know, it's nothing major, i guess it just speaks to me as to how desperately they have clung to ownership over their own lives, because look at them now! 2 years ago, Alyssa had a poufy perm and too-big sandals on jumping all over John, Erin was having her fairytale first date with Chad....and now, bam!

Not trying to hate and complain, this is just a thought.

Erins like "EVERY YEAR CHAD AND I" and it's like come on girl, you guys have literally been in the same house for 2 years....before that you shared a room in your mommy and daddys house like a little girl in her 20s!!

I'm one of those people who tends to get swept up in the whole Bates sweetness and good looks and fun they seem to have together....i just have to remind myself sometimes that before they left the house (not that long ago!) they were all under mummy and daddys thumb.....that part still creeps me out..

Okay, well I can see why Erin would say 'every year' even if it's only been two years. It doesn't seem strange to me. If they've done whatever it is both years, and they plan to continue doing what it is in future years, it makes sense.

Anyone want to bet on which Bates lady will be the next to announce a pregnancy? I'm totally convinced that Whitney is going to announce over Christmas. I'd wager it'll go in this order:

1. Whitney.

2. Michael

3. Alyssa

4. That girl Nathan's supposed to be courting. They'll be married and pregnant by the end of 2016 for sure.

5. Erin.

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Bates.JPG

Eww. We do not want to know what is in those baskets. It is really creepy for kids to do this for their parents. "Hi Mom and Dad! It's your anniversary, go have sex!" I suspect Gil and Kelly are just like Jim Bob and Michelle when it comes to rubbing their sex lives in the face of everyone, they just know not to put it on television. It would never enter my mind to do something like this and if I did my parents would just stand there awkwardly being embarrassed. They would not be posting pictures to show the world. 

52 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, well I can see why Erin would say 'every year' even if it's only been two years. It doesn't seem strange to me. If they've done whatever it is both years, and they plan to continue doing what it is in future years, it makes sense.

Anyone want to bet on which Bates lady will be the next to announce a pregnancy? I'm totally convinced that Whitney is going to announce over Christmas. I'd wager it'll go in this order:

1. Whitney.

2. Michael

3. Alyssa

4. That girl Nathan's supposed to be courting. They'll be married and pregnant by the end of 2016 for sure.

5. Erin.

I'd switch out Michael and Alyssa.  Alyssa might already be pregnant (as Allie's always in front of her belly in her social media pics).  Recent social media pics of Michael show she's clearly not pregnant.

As for the bedroom decorating-- very strange.  But is it just me or do Gil and Kelly have the same bedding as two of their married daughters? (Michael's got a pink bedroom too).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived