IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

47 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

They wouldn't be able to avoid defrauding others, but they could avoid defrauding other godly giraffes by wearing long skirts made out of leaves. And of course submissive lady giraffes would only daintily pick from the lowest branches, allowing the manly giraffes the pick of the produce.

Ah, FJ where fundamentalism and zoology collide...

The female giraffes BETTER wear long skirts made of leaves.  The stance they take to drink from the ground is very immodest!  Do mother giraffes say "Hoofies!" to their young sons instead of "Nike?"

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/7/2015 at 6:17 AM, Imagine20 said:

Every single time I talk to my husband's aunt, the first question is "any good news yet?"

I wouldn't be able to help myself - I'd act all excited and spout some made-up, unrelated bit of 'good news,' then be like, "Wait...did you mean something else??"

I guess I wouldn't be mean enough to do that with people for whom there was a language barrier ... but I'd be biting my tongue pretty hard not to. Sorry you have to deal with that!

If my female dogs were able to follow Gothardism, as their mom, I think I would have to insist that they not allow male dogs (or any dogs, for that matter) to sniff their butts until they were engaged.  Of course, they can't possibly follow Gothardism because both have been spayed, thus, no puppy blessings.

1 minute ago, Bragandbounce said:

I wouldn't be able to help myself - I'd act all excited and spout some made-up, unrelated bit of 'good news,' then be like, "Wait...did you mean something else??"

I guess I wouldn't be mean enough to do that with people for whom there was a language barrier ... but I'd be biting my tongue pretty hard not to. Sorry you have to deal with that!

Complete strangers would often ask me if I was pregnant, from my early twenties until about five years ago.  I got so tired of it, I started answering "No, I'm just fat."  That shut them up (and embarrassed them) on the spot.

So now I'm thinking about Gothard cats and how that would apply to my two girls and one boy...

-the girls would have to stop ganging up on the boy.

-the boy would get cat treats first and would be allowed to bully the girls out of theirs.

-the girls would wear long swishy skirts with a hole cut out for their tail.

-grooming would take place privately so as not to defraud the boy or my father.

Gothard would have a hard time training kitties to be modest and godly.

Haha I LOVE that they are at the Smithsonian. I hope they check out the exibit on the origin of the universe. And the dinosaurs.

And then head on over to the National Gallery and get defrauded by the paintings of nude people.

I've been to that museum several times, it's very unfundie. Lots of science and supporting evolution.

I can't believe fundies would ever set foot in the Smithsonian Natural History Museum! There is a permanent exhibit there called the Hall of Human Origins dedicated to evolution. Maybe they're there to snark on it, as I might possibly snark on the Museum of Creation if I were passing through town and happened upon a free ticket.

3 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I can't believe fundies would ever set foot in the Smithsonian Natural History Museum! There is a permanent exhibit there called the Hall of Human Origins dedicated to evolution. Maybe they're there to snark on it, as I might possibly snark on the Museum of Creation if I were passing through town and happened upon a free ticket.

I'd go to that museum wearing my Darwin fish t-shirt if I got a free ticket.

2 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I am pretty sure it is free to get in... I was on a road trip with my dad a couple months ago and we passed it. It honestly look really nice and I almost wanted to stop in with my fundie-lite father just to try and challenge him on the stuff but we were on a time crunch. 

4 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

The female giraffes BETTER wear long skirts made of leaves.  The stance they take to drink from the ground is very immodest!  Do mother giraffes say "Hoofies!" to their young sons instead of "Nike?"

This being at the top of the page made me laugh way too hard. Only on FJ . . .

My female pug wears sweater dresses and t-shirt material dresses from time to time, but her Gothardly modesty ends there. She's fixed, she lifts her leg to pee whenever possible, and she lets other dogs sniff her butt. In fact, she has a little chihuahua boyfriend who will lick her nether regions while she parades around panting with a big silly grin on her face. I've even caught her using her hind legs to push his head between her legs as she reclines on the couch panting and grinning like a mad fool. She is still 'technically' pure- anytime her Chihuahua boyfriend attempts to hump her she fights him off. No 'joyful availability' from my little girl. Plus I've seen her hump male dogs on more than a few occasions, I don't think Gothard would be OK with that.

Kelly posted on IG yesterday that she went to a ladies christmas banquet with Erin at HER church. I thought Kelly and Gil started their own church some time ago?! I find it interesting that Erin and Chad obviously don't attend that church, although they still live close to the Bates home.

16 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Kelly posted on IG yesterday that she went to a ladies christmas banquet with Erin at HER church. I thought Kelly and Gil started their own church some time ago?! I find it interesting that Erin and Chad obviously don't attend that church, although they still live close to the Bates home.

Erin and Chad attend the church that is affiliated with Crown College (Temple Baptist). Students are required to attend, and I guess she/they liked it.

I'm not surprised by this, but Michael (Brandon doesn't seem to post as much) is getting a little preachy in her Instagram comments. I fear she is going in the direction of the Seewalds and Dillards :my_dodgy:

10 hours ago, JillyO said:

Erin and Chad attend the church that is affiliated with Crown College (Temple Baptist). Students are required to attend, and I guess she/they liked it.

Erin used to play piano at church services at that church as well. Don't know if she does anymore, but around the time she married she posted pictures on Instagram showing it.

4 hours ago, MissBitters said:

I'm not surprised by this, but Michael (Brandon doesn't seem to post as much) is getting a little preachy in her Instagram comments. I fear she is going in the direction of the Seewalds and Dillards :my_dodgy:

Yeah, she posted a picture of Christmas lights (That's nice!) and wrote about having a date night with her husband looking at the lights (a solid date night choice, though it does makes me roll my eyes when young fundie girls talk about their husbands "taking them on a date") and drinking hot coffee (I'm listening....) while listening to Christmas music (sign me up!) and.....discussing our "Marvelous Savior." (Wait, what?) Also, the picture of Christmas lights included a Billy Graham quote.

She is getting a little preachy, but so far her preaching is more or less just "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" as opposed to the "Do you KNOW where you're going when you die!?" things that Jessa has been known to post. (However, I'm still firmly in the camp that the Bates are every bit as fanatical as the Duggars, they're just better at hiding it.)

Well, it's not really shocking for Christians of all stripes to talk about Jesus during Christmas. 

I went to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum earlier this year and when I was at the exhibit about whale evolution (really fascinating topic, by the way) there were a couple teenagers talking loudly to each other about how all of that was a lie. Probably not coincidentally, that was the same day as the March for Life.

Hey, I just tried to look at the Bates family wikipedia page and it redirects to the 19 kids and counting page. There is a Bringing up Bates Wikipedia page. I think the Bates Family should link to their own TV show. Any one with Wikipedia membership care enough to help get this changed. I sound totally leghumpery, don't I. Lol

4 minutes ago, boxedin said:

Hey, I just tried to look at the Bates family wikipedia page and it redirects to the 19 kids and counting page. There is a Bringing up Bates Wikipedia page. I think the Bates Family should link to their own TV show. Any one with Wikipedia membership care enough to help get this changed. I sound totally leghumpery, don't I. Lol

There was an actual Bates family page until recently, when it got deleted (with little discussion) and the redirect created. The current article is just an episode list but doesn't say much about the Bateses themselves so I'm not sure if it's the best place to point either.  It's a kind of complicated edit and talk history.

On 12/8/2015 at 3:01 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Lawson's an alright singer, and I'm quite surprised at how secular a lot of his music choices seem to be. Frank Sinatra is pretty much anathema to fundie philosophy, Let It Go is often interpreted as an LGBT anthem and is from a movie that teaches that isolating/shaming your children has bad consequences and that marrying someone you barely know isn't going to work out, and a lot of country music is pretty risque. Good on him for branching out of IT'S THROUGH THE BLOOOOOOOOOD, though I do wonder how he reconciles his music tastes with his/his parents' beliefs.

Wait?!? Did he sing Let it go?!!

5 hours ago, boxedin said:

I didn't mention it because i didn't want to sound crazy, but that page was so useful. That is where i went to check everyone's ages. I keep thinking they should have a page, after all, wikipedia is an encyclopedia. They should have entries for everything possible

Little Jeb is getting so big.

Erin played piano on her friend's Spanish Christmas CD. You can win a free copy.

Video of Allie Jane Laughing. Too cute.

John (Alyssa' husband) decorated his house. Noticed the W on the roof. Never seen that before.

Lawson is singing Jingle Bell Rock while holding Carson and doing a circle around Erin and Chad. Jingle Bell Rock is another secular song.

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I didn't mention it because i didn't want to sound crazy, but that page was so useful. That is where i went to check everyone's ages. I keep thinking they should have a page, after all, wikipedia is an encyclopedia. They should have entries for everything possible

Ugh me too. I can (mostly, with the exception of a couple howlers) keep track of the Duggars now, but since I only follow(ed) the Bateses here and on wikipedia, the only ones I can even name are Zach, Erin, Michael, Lawson, Nathan, and Alyssa, and I have no idea if that's the right age order. It bothers me, because I want a list like I have with the Duggars!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived