IGNORED

Bates Family Part 5

happy atheist

Is Lawson the only one that's allowed to listen to secular music since he's trying to have a music career?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bates Kid's Birthdays which I got from Wikipedia last year.

12/30/1988   Zach
1/23/1990   Michaela
5/2/1991   Erin
7/27/1992   Lawson
8/29/1993   Nathan
11/9/1994   Alyssa
12/20/1995   Tori
2/1/1997   Trace
4/11/1998   Carlin
8/4/1999   Josie
10/5/2000   Katie
2/17/2002   Jackson
5/19/2003   Warden
10/16/2004   Isaiah
2/17/2006   Addallee
4/28/2007   Ellie
8/2/2009   Callie
9/15/2010   Judson
2/1/2012   Jeb

I have to stop clicking videos of babies laughing.  And smiling.  Babies doing anything, really.  No babies.

I promised my kids I wouldn't nag them about grandbabies until they'd each turned 30 at the earliest.  I don't really nag, I know it's bad to pressure anyone about their reproductive decisions, honest.  Please don't yell at me.  I don't, I really, really don't.

My first impression upon seeing that list?

"Well... it appears Kelly didn't breastfeed for long, if at all. Or she was one of those whose cycles return really early..."

What jumps at out me looking at the list is how Kelly's fertility did not seem to decline.  The biggest age difference was just over 2 years but I think it's because she had several miscarriages.  Usually you would expect to see a difference of 3 or 4 years as a woman reaches 40 but the last 2 were less than 18 months apart.

The birthdays are also featured on the Lily and Ellie blog about the Bateseseseses.

2 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

My first impression upon seeing that list?

"Well... it appears Kelly didn't breastfeed for long, if at all. Or she was one of those whose cycles return really early..."

She Ezzo trained her babies. She could have gotten her period back quickly, but Ezzo's ideas on baby training weren't exactly known for encouraging a good milk supply. 

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

What jumps at out me looking at the list is how Kelly's fertility did not seem to decline.  The biggest age difference was just over 2 years but I think it's because she had several miscarriages.  Usually you would expect to see a difference of 3 or 4 years as a woman reaches 40 but the last 2 were less than 18 months apart.

I can't believe how close they are either, especially since it's no secret Kelly has had a number of miscarriages.  Some of it may be that around Ellie or Callie they found out that her uterus lining was thinning, causing the miscarriages, so she started taking drugs to keep it thicker.

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

In that video of Lawson singing around Chad & Erin, they're definitely doing a little sway dancing! How Nike!

And he's singing a "rock" (in the loosest definition) song! Careful there, Lawson, or you'll stir up some unholy desires!

Next month, we'll hear him doing country-tinged Motley Crue and AC/DC covers. Now THAT'S a CD I'd shell out for. (And actually, I think he'd sound pretty good doing something like Back In Black)

36 minutes ago, Natalie22 said:

I can't believe how close they are either, especially since it's no secret Kelly has had a number of miscarriages.  Some of it may be that around Ellie or Callie they found out that her uterus lining was thinning, causing the miscarriages, so she started taking drugs to keep it thicker.

I don't know if her uterus was thinning, but she has said she needed progesterone injections or something to maintain pregnancies. Here are her approximate miscarriage dates (don't judge me for knowing this):

"Jewel" miscarried winter 2007-08, EDD summer 2008

"Jubilee" miscarried fall 2008, EDD winter 2008-09

"Zion" miscarried 3/2011, EDD 9/2011

"Sunny" miscarried 8/2012, EDD 4/2013

6 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I don't know if her uterus was thinning, but she has said she needed progesterone injections or something to maintain pregnancies. Here are her approximate miscarriage dates (don't judge me for knowing this):

Damn. I'm impressed you know that.

10 hours ago, gustava said:

Carson-Newman College.....Ma and Pa are graduates
  (apologize if anyone is offended by Wonkette)

http://wonkette.com/596829/tennessee-college-gets-to-boot-pregnant-homos-keep-its-precious-taxpayer-moneys

Ah, beat me to it!  Yikes-- I'm from Western NC and always knew folks who went to Carson-Newman.

http://www.advocate.com/religion/2015/12/10/christian-university-tennessee-wins-federal-right-discriminate-lgbt-students

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Bates Kid's Birthdays which I got from Wikipedia last year.

12/30/1988   Zach
1/23/1990   Michaela
5/2/1991   Erin
7/27/1992   Lawson
8/29/1993   Nathan
11/9/1994   Alyssa
12/20/1995   Tori
2/1/1997   Trace
4/11/1998   Carlin
8/4/1999   Josie
10/5/2000   Katie
2/17/2002   Jackson
5/19/2003   Warden
10/16/2004   Isaiah
2/17/2006   Addallee
4/28/2007   Ellie
8/2/2009   Callie
9/15/2010   Judson
2/1/2012   Jeb

Lawson is less than a week older than me. I don't know what to do with this information. 

25 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Damn, Jubilee was pretty late in the game. I'm not the biggest fan of Kelly (if Michelle and JB are North Korea, Kelly and Gil are China -- yes, slightly more liberal, but they're just sneakier in the ways they repress), but it's awful to lose a baby. And losing four pregnancies is really rough.

Yeah, I seem to have the dates wrong for Jewel and Jubilee. This article (warning autoplay video) says both of those miscarriages were just a few days after positive tests and that Zion was miscarried at 8 weeks.

Can anyone point me to the Bateses' old blog? The current blog only goes back a couple of years.

34 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Lawson is less than a week older than me. I don't know what to do with this information. 

Have a drink and a piece or three of birthday cake. :cocktail::cake:(or switch it around and have a piece of birthday cake and three drinks):cakeslice::wine::cocktail::beer:

4 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Have a drink and a piece or three of birthday cake. :cocktail::cake:(or switch it around and have a piece of birthday cake and three drinks):cakeslice::wine::cocktail::beer:

I am 120% on board with both of those scenarios. 

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

Yeah, I seem to have the dates wrong for Jewel and Jubilee. This article (warning autoplay video) says both of those miscarriages were just a few days after positive tests and that Zion was miscarried at 8 weeks.

Can anyone point me to the Bateses' old blog? The current blog only goes back a couple of years.

Thanks for the link to the article.  According to that it wasn't that the lining was too thin, but not softening to allow implantation.  Do I get part marks for knowing it had to do with the uterine lining? ;)

I can't get past the fact that the duggars named also jubilee tgeir miscarriage. If they had done it in private, i get it, in the circus they turned it, robbing a name from your best friends seems plain mean. And thank god mechelle will not have any more kids, if not we will be seeing both jeb duggar and judson duggar

I had progesterone supplements to help maintain the luteal phase and allow implantation. It was pretty easy - the progesterone comes in vaginal suppositories. I wonder if that's what Kelly needed?

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I can't get past the fact that the duggars named also jubilee tgeir miscarriage. If they had done it in private, i get it, in the circus they turned it, robbing a name from your best friends seems plain mean. And thank god mechelle will not have any more kids, if not we will be seeing both jeb duggar and judson duggar

She also jacked Jackson from Kelly (Jackson Bates is 2 years older). That's not quite as bad (people like the name Jackson, it may have just been a coincidence), but taking the name of your friend's miscarried baby for your own is kinda shitty. Especially if you give off a vibe of secretly hating that friend and make a giant show of mourning your miscarried baby using the name she'd picked out for hers.

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

She also jacked Jackson from Kelly (Jackson Bates is 2 years older). That's not quite as bad (people like the name Jackson, it may have just been a coincidence), but taking the name of your friend's miscarried baby for your own is kinda shitty. Especially if you give off a vibe of secretly hating that friend and make a giant show of mourning your miscarried baby using the name she'd picked out for hers.

And Josie. When it's not one, but 3 names, it is not what i call a coincidence

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived