IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

It looks like she got her teeth whitened but other than that, the same to me too.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last of your "old photos" is from the day before josh's molestation scandal broke, so it is not old..

I think she looks the same as always

I guess it is just the makeup and lighting then. It fooled me! :cray-cray:

I've noticed in photos the girls like to use one of the touch up apps to accentuate their makeup or other features. I think it's just a case of editing/lighting.

I've noticed in photos the girls like to use one of the touch up apps to accentuate their makeup or other features. I think it's just a case of editing/lighting.

Or contouring

...Did Jill really just equate her prayers to overcome a normal teenage interest in sex with Derick praying/struggling with losing his dad suddenly? :shock:

Yep, she sure did. Having an attraction to a guy is not wrong thoughts. Equating your prayers to those of your husband dealing with his father's death is.

Yep, she sure did. Having an attraction to a guy is not wrong thoughts. Equating your prayers to those of your husband dealing with his father's death is.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought she was saying that her prayers for her unknown future husband (who might need God's help just as she needed God's help) turned out to be well-timed because indeed Derek was going through his Dad's death. So even though they didn't know each other yet, she was able to pray for him when he needed prayers and isn't God wonderful.

:roll:

:| I think the Seewalds will be fine. Ben has the tools to find a good job.

Ben has worked(real jobs)since he was a teen. Four months ago Ben earned an associates degree in business from an accredidated college. He did this while he was filming "19 Kids and Counting". I would say Ben has ben more successful than Chad Paine :pink-shock:

Also, they still have TLC money :shrug:

I will consider Ben on par success wise with Chad Paine once he is actually paying for his own house, not living in his grandmother in law's house and has a legitimate job and isn't on his father in law's payroll.

As much as I am a believer in education, I don't think that alone should determine success. Yes, Ben has a AA but he seems to be work shy and do nothing more than post scripture while his pregnant wife takes selfies. He has yet to show himself to be successful at being a husband and future father. At least Chad goes to work everyday, can provide food and keep a roof over the head of his family. I doubt you will ever seem him living off his father in law, even if Gil Bates had extra money.

My grandpa was a janitor all his life but he got his four kids through college and three of them became doctors. He didn't get the opportunity to go to college or reach for his dreams but work to make sure his kids had the chance to do so. That is successfully raising your family. You do what is ever necessary to give you kids the best shot in life. It's your responsibility to do so. Ben does nothing. An AA means nothing when you are not using it to secure your family's future.

As much as I am a believer in education, I don't think that alone should determine success. Yes, Ben has a AA but he seems to be work shy and do nothing more than post scripture while his pregnant wife takes selfies. He has yet to show himself to be successful at being a husband and future father. At least Chad goes to work everyday, can provide food and keep a roof over the head of his family. I doubt you will ever seem him living off his father in law, even if Gil Bates had extra money.

No, no, no. Remember, he has a successful YouTube talk show where he interviews people who agree with him. :doh:

girls can be just as horny as boys, however under patriarchy, girls are shamed for their sexuality while boys are praised for making "conquests", as if a girl's body is a piece of land that can be colonized.

in fundieland it's a little different as any sexual thoughts or feelings before marriage are frowned upon, however boys' sexuality is still normalized by the the idea that they can't control their temptations, which means that girls have to dress modestly so they do not tempt boys and pray their thoughts away.

neither of these models work.

I don't think it quite works that way exactly. I mean, what Josh did (seeking out extramarial partners) is kind of the ultimate in conquests and sexual expression... meaning, to him he was so sexual one wife wasn't even enough for him (IN THEIR THOUGHTS, not mine!!!!!). There aren't too many people praising Josh's cheating. Even fundies that I've seen, tho correct me if I'm wrong. Have there been fundies condemning the women he cheated with? Saying they were too tempting? Or has it all been on him for seeking it out?

1. I knew my comment would be controversial, but I stand by it. Chad didnt have a job until a few weeks before his marriage to Erin. Ben had "real" jobs when he met/courted Jessa. Ben is work shy? I get that he doesn't have a"real job" at the moment, but I wouldn't say he doesn't want to work :? I think they're fine right now, but he will eventually get a "real" job. He knows he has to support his family. If he was counting on reality tv fame he would have quit college(and remember many of you thought he stopped taking college classes to focus on "19KAC")

2. Why is working for your father-in-law bad? Is it only bad when fundies do it? Why is living in Grandma's house wrong? The Duggars own a lot of real estate, so it doesn't seem weird that they would rent one of their family homes. J**** and Anna eventually bought their own home and Jill and Derick are moving to Central America. Do Erin and Chad own their home?

1. I knew my comment would be controversial, but I stand by it. Chad didnt have a job until a few weeks before his marriage to Erin. Ben had "real" jobs when he met/courted Jessa. Ben is work shy? I get that he doesn't have a"real job" at the moment, but I wouldn't say he doesn't want to work :? I think they're fine right now, but he will eventually get a "real" job. He knows he has to support his family. If he was counting on reality tv fame he would have quit college(and remember many of you thought he stopped taking college classes to focus on "19KAC")

2. Why is working for your father-in-law bad? Is it only bad when fundies do it? Why is living in Grandma's house wrong? The Duggars own a lot of real estate, so it doesn't seem weird that they would rent one of their family homes. J**** and Anna eventually bought their own home and Jill and Derick are moving to Central America. Do Erin and Chad own their home?

He knows how to support his family? He does, based on what?

Could you please provide a link that proves/indicates that Ben pays to live in GM's house-thanks

Where are they getting their health care benefits from? Does JB provide a HC plan? Do have a link for that too?

These 2 are no better than 2 teens living off their parents, waiting for their baby to be born.

Neither are self directed or motivated. He should have an independent job BEFORE they have a baby.

ETA- Erin also works- Jessa should be looking for a way to make money too. Those speaking gigs are a thing of the past.

Does anyone here actually know what Ben is doing? I know he moved onto the compound about a year ago to work as Jim Bob's maintenance man, but that was a year ago. Do we actually know that he's still unemployed and/or working for Jim Bob? And even if he is 'only' working for Jim Bob, if he is actually working and Jim Bob is paying him a living wage, he has a job.

I'm guessing he and Jessa also spend a lot of time plotting out how to earn money from speaking engagements, writing, blogging, etc. May not be what we would choose to do, but clearly they're not sitting there filing their nails and collecting welfare.

Just my opinions....

I think renting a home someone in your family owns is perfectly fine. But do we know if Ben and Jessa are actually renting it or if they are just living there? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't spend a dime on rent or utilities on that house. I don't think anyone is doing their kids any favors by giving them a free house to live in once they are married adults.

And working for the family is fine to me too....when it's a REAL job. But I have a feeling they are just creating busy work for Ben and probably paying him WAY more than that work is worth. I roll my eyes at all set ups like this...fundie or no. I know a couple people who "work" for their dads. But they literally don't do any work. One of them goes into the office and at least pretends. The other? HA! He just travels around and takes vacations all the time. He literally NEVER works. He just gets a paycheck. And it's more money they my family will ever see each year, that's for sure! I suppose I'm just jealous because who wouldn't love to have hundreds of thousands of dollars and year and never have to work.

Do you guys think it's a possibility that Ben can't get hired because of all of the explosive Duggar scandals? For some reason, I still think that Derrick was let go... Josh's scandals have really tainted all of their images and some people might not want to hire anyone associated with a Duggar right now... I mean, concerning Derrick, who in their right mind would leave a somewhat decent stable job when they JUST had a baby and not to mention while all of these scandals were coming out? I think they told him to resign or he'd be let go. They didn't want the attention. I think it would be hard for any of them to get a job right now.

I think it's weird that the Duggars and their in-laws will take all kinds of photos and post them online, celebrating their grifting ideals, but they never post anything about getting or keeping jobs.

I have no problem with Bin and Jessa doing basically nothing if they have the means to do so. More power to them. I think what bothers me and many people is that Bin doesn't really have a career to speak of. Sure, he was working when they first started courting and there is nothing wrong with working for your father-in-law, but is that his lifetime goal? Maybe it is... being groomed to be JB 2.0 and take over the TTH. Didn't he mention something about wanted to be a pastor someday? With that said, I would expect some sort of track to make that happen, seminary, heavy involvement with a local church, something... The AA degree is great, but why not go for a BA now?

It's obvious they are living off their fame as long as they can. That's fine, but I think most people are looking for a bit more...

For some reason, I still think that Derrick was let go... Josh's scandals have really tainted all of their images and some people might not want to hire anyone associated with a Duggar right now... I mean, concerning Derrick, who in their right mind would leave a somewhat decent stable job when they JUST had a baby and not to mention while all of these scandals were coming out? I think they told him to resign or he'd be let go. They didn't want the attention. I think it would be hard for any of them to get a job right now.

If Wal Mart fired everyone who had an asshole family member, they'd have no one working there.

Wal Mart is a big ass corporate machine. I doubt they care about some peripheral family member of someone in a tabloid for a few weeks. Also, they would cover their corporate ass, and that's a totally unfair reason to be fired. But then again, I heard they maybe locked people inside stores at night, so who knows?

Just my opinions....

I think renting a home someone in your family owns is perfectly fine. But do we know if Ben and Jessa are actually renting it or if they are just living there? I wouldn't be surprised if they don't spend a dime on rent or utilities on that house. I don't think anyone is doing their kids any favors by giving them a free house to live in once they are married adults.

And working for the family is fine to me too....when it's a REAL job. But I have a feeling they are just creating busy work for Ben and probably paying him WAY more than that work is worth. I roll my eyes at all set ups like this...fundie or no. I know a couple people who "work" for their dads. But they literally don't do any work. One of them goes into the office and at least pretends. The other? HA! He just travels around and takes vacations all the time. He literally NEVER works. He just gets a paycheck. And it's more money they my family will ever see each year, that's for sure! I suppose I'm just jealous because who wouldn't love to have hundreds of thousands of dollars and year and never have to work.

this !! :worship:

trust me the "let's keep Ben busy" job will end - sooner rather than later and I hope to God and whoever they all believe in that they have a solid back up plan - not a fly by I wanna be a preacher plan

because so far that is not working.

I think until the baby is born they are just playing house (yes I said it :D ) - I personally think they are living in la la land especially with the show being cancelled. To many razorback games (aren't those ticket's expensive?), nights out - travelling to and from for insane speaking gigs that are a joke and half

JB does not need an errand boy...he, himself, is unemployed, along with about 8 of his own sons. So, the old song and dance of Ben working for JB is bogus. Buy used and save the difference, why would you pay someone to do something that you could do yourself?

Sitting around eating FF with your hugely pregnant, equally unemployed wife, trying to figure out how to get money and the finer things in life without working, is nothing to applaud.

Sorry folks- not in the real world.

Jessa's newest instagram post is a video of some of the kiddos playing football. I'm really glad to see, at least the boys, in some functional clothing (i.e. work out shirts and SHORTS!). I remember a time when they said that they make it a point not to wear shorts (even the boys). I know the girls like to say that they can do anything in a skirt. I just feel like it looks incredibly uncomfortable when the boys, for example, do sports in denim. So somehow, seeing some of the boys in shorts made me happy. (I better go do some productive now...I clearly need to. :D )

Jessa's newest instagram post is a video of some of the kiddos playing football. I'm really glad to see, at least the boys, in some functional clothing (i.e. work out shirts and SHORTS!). I remember a time when they said that they make it a point not to wear shorts (even the boys). I know the girls like to say that they can do anything in a skirt. I just feel like it looks incredibly uncomfortable when the boys, for example, do sports in denim. So somehow, seeing some of the boys in shorts made me happy. (I better go do some productive now...I clearly need to. :D )

I saw those videos too.

What's with "sorry" being burnt(?) into the grass on the hill??

Archived