IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

OMG, Jessa actually wrote a post explaining what it is her family of grifters does for a living! How long have I been saying that Jessa especially reads here? Told y'all so! :lol:

But, umm...5th generation? Even for a graduate of the SOTDT, not knowing what "generation" means is bad.

This struck me as odd, too. Even if the Duggars started doing real estate in Grandma Mary's generation, that's only three right there, if you count Jim Bob and his children, unless they mean that Jim Bob's grandparents were also involved in real estate. And to get up to a 5th generation, Mackynzie or Michael would have to be hammering in nails or cleaning up lots. (Please, please tell me that they aren't having those babies help with house flipping) :shock:

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think she's believes that generation means some combination of the number of people and age groups directly involved, or something? So Mary, JB, Jessa + the older siblings, Ben (counted separately because he came from the outside), and then the younger siblings.

Sorry, I'm really bad at Duggar math.

I'm with you, I'm trying to apply logic toward Duggar math. Not gonna happen, no matter how hard I try. :lol:

This struck me as odd, too. Even if the Duggars started doing real estate in Grandma Mary's generation, that's only three right there, if you count Jim Bob and his children, unless they mean that Jim Bob's grandparents were also involved in real estate. And to get up to a 5th generation, Mackynzie or Michael would have to be hammering in nails or cleaning up lots. (Please, please tell me that they aren't having those babies help with house flipping) :shock:

I am glad I was not the only one who confused about 5th Generation blabbering on

and if she truly means 5 generations before her - well then they must be really rich

can't someone call her out on this crap she states about all this :D

Do you think Ben and Jessa will be sending thank you cards to all of the leg humpers? Maybe I will send a $5 gift card to find out. Ha!

Hell to the no.

Maybe we should send them some boxes of thank-you cards to give them a hint.

Or make donations to Planned Parenthood in their honor, so they will get a notification in the mail.

An aside:

Jessa likes to quote the Bible a lot on her Instagram account. If the purpose of doing so is to show how self-righteous she is, then, by all means, she should keep quoting from her "We-know-Jesus-only-spoke-in-King-James-English" Bible.

If, however, her quotations are meant to reach out to people unfamiliar with the Bible, IMO she REALLY needs to quote from a translation that at least is relatable to the language spoken and understood today. Not everyone studied Shakespeare in high school. Ha! I'm surprised the SOTDRT even helped her decipher KJ English at all!

Hell to the no.

Maybe we should send them some boxes of thank-you cards to give them a hint.

Or make donations to Planned Parenthood in their honor, so they will get a notification in the mail.

Did it as soon as I saw the address posted.

I'm with you, I'm trying to apply logic toward Duggar math. Not gonna happen, no matter how hard I try. :lol:

dugger math is all about multiplication nothing else.

I don't for a minute believe that there is a family business flipping homes. I think there is a Jim Bob and Michelle flipping homes business but not a family one. I don't doubt Jim Bob uses some of the kids to do the work but I doubt he adequately pays them for their time, if he pays them at all. He likely tells them the training they are receiving will help them take care of their families in the future.

Nor do I believe any of the kids see a portion of her profit of the sale. I also doubt that Jim Bon pays Ben enough to take care of his family. More likely he is lucky to a couple hundred dollars a week, if that. Jim Bob is a tightwad. He isn't going to spread the wealth to the rest of the family because money gives people options and the Duggars don't want the kids to have options when they only believe there is one way to living life. The man makes his kids wear used shoes when he could pay for cheap new shoes. He likely makes them share underwear as well. This is not a man who is going to put money into his kids pockets.

How is Jim Bob unemployed? Do you think that self-employed people are unemployed? Isn't there private health insurance that self-employed people purchase? Jed, Jer, and the 4 other 'unemployed' Duggar boys you mention are children. They should be unemployed.

What's in it for JB? Probably what's in it for anyone who employs a family member - a reliable employee you know and trust. Employing your sons, sons-in-law, cousins, nephews, etc. in your own business used to be common. It's not any less legitimate than working for a stranger, even if a Duggar is the one doing it.

If this were 5 years on and Ben and Jessa were like, "lol yeah we're still living in Grandma's house rent-free, it's great. Ben's still kind of thinking about seminary or something but he's working for my dad doing odd jobs on the weekend and getting paid under the table. Oh, so are all my brothers, haha." It would be a different story.

They should be unemployed....BWahhh, listen, JB and M Duggar decided long ago to put their kids to work in order to support the family. In fact, based on the title of their show "AND COUNTING" they even put their yet to be born blessings to work.

Please-

As has been stated bevor: Being a landlord and buying, renovating and selling real estate is a job. The problem is that I doubt it is keeping JB, Ben, JD (probably Josh in the future) busy for 8 hours a day. And the major problem is that it does not seem that they have other options and especially that every other job option would result in more work for less money. Those kids can not get away from the JB human resources empire. The last thing they want is to life the quiverfull lifestyle for what it really means for 95% of those without a TV show or being rich for whatever reason; Tons of kids in a house way too small in ugly clothes with no money at all.

I don't have much to add but this - I was just googling so I could read Jessa's article and misspelled Jessa & Ben Blog as Blod - Google showed me results for Jessa & Ben blow.

All praise to the Google.

First post, but I thought it was important: Looks like Jessa's taken down the shameless grifting message! She really *does* read FJ! :D

Nothing new but Inquisitr picked up on it:

inquisitr.com/2438471/jessa-duggar-says-duggar-daughters-do-work-tells-fans-which-gift-cards-she-prefers-and-shares-ben-seewald-career-update/

They should be unemployed....BWahhh, listen, JB and M Duggar decided long ago to put their kids to work in order to support the family. In fact, based on the title of their show "AND COUNTING" they even put their yet to be born blessings to work.

Please-

Sassy, honestly, I think we're running around in circles now. I'm not even sure what you're arguing. A few posts back you were criticizing underage kids for not working, now you're criticizing JB and Michelle for expecting their underage kids to work. Which is it? Pick a side, we're at war. :lol:

Maybe we can all just agree that it appears that Ben is working and earning an income in some capacity, but it may not be something that's sustainable in the long term, that he and Jessa seem to have some pretty skewed expectations with regards to work and money and birthing and adopting a gazillion kids, and that Jim Bob and Michelle are super shady and take advantage of their own children along with anyone else they can drag into their net. I think we can probably all agree on that? Maybe. Possibly.

Just in case anyone was wondering (which we all were!) there's been another edit to the Duggar Family Blog Post:

"*The Duggars' real estate business was started by JT Duggar, Jim Bob's great-grandfather, so Jessa and her siblings are the fifth generation to carry it on."

Perhaps we've discovered Bin's position at Duggar Family, Inc.: FJ reader/social media editor.

Holy crap, Jessa was must be glued to this thread.

I'm going to sort of defend the Duggar laziness a little bit, in that it's not all that different from the generationally wealthy in the sense that they're living off family money without doing much real work themselves. It's not laudable by any means, but it's the dream for a lot of people--work hard in your youth, and forever have enough to support your family and descendants. And say what you will about Jim Bob, he DID work hard and sacrifice once upon a time. I can well believe that Jim Bob's commercial and rental properties and house-flipping business brings in a great income, enough to provide "salaries" for his adult kids and their spouses in exchange for the occasional bout of labor to fix houses. Of course, the family business is just a way to guarantee that the kids toe the line, since they're livelihoods depend on not pissing off Jim Bob.

Just in case anyone was wondering (which we all were!) there's been another edit to the Duggar Family Blog Post:

"*The Duggars' real estate business was started by JT Duggar, Jim Bob's great-grandfather, so Jessa and her siblings are the fifth generation to carry it on."

Well, it must have been shut down at some point in the game, since it's not a registered name anymore (although I'm not sure how that works completely, so I could be off base)

First post, but I thought it was important: Looks like Jessa's taken down the shameless grifting message! She really *does* read FJ! :D

Idk. Maybe they were getting hate comments elsewhere. Like the Jessica Seewald journal entry.

Ok, those of you who keep better track of this stuff than I do, wasn't JB's whole background story about how his family had very little when they were growing up and it wasn't until he was married that he and Michelle and his mother (or maybe she did it a few years before) got their real estate licenses? And now it turns out JB's great-grandfather started the business? Please. I bet they're claiming that because some property that JT bought once upon a time was still in the family or something.

Maybe Lily and Ellie report directly to her. But either way, man, does Jessa move fast! :pink-shock:

ETA: Claiming JB's grandather started the family real estate biz is a better lie than admitting you can't do generational math. :lol:

ETA2: JB's great-grandfather, oops. Terrific, now Duggar math is affecting my own math skills.

Ok, those of you who keep better track of this stuff than I do, wasn't JB's whole background story about how his family had very little when they were growing up and it wasn't until he was married that he and Michelle and his mother (or maybe she did it a few years before) got their real estate licenses? And now it turns out JB's great-grandfather started the business? Please. I bet they're claiming that because some property that JT bought once upon a time was still in the family or something.

Yes. I think he tweaks the details to suit whatever narrative he's trying to spin at the time. When it benefits him more to make himself seem as poor as possible when he was young, that's the way he'll tell the story. When it benefits him more to make it seem like he's been part of a thriving and successful five generation family business his whole life, that's the way he'll tell it.

WTF!

"*For readers who have asked about sending gift cards to the Seewalds, Jessa told us that her favorite stores are Target and Walmart. Letters and gifts can be sent to PO Box 1000 Tontitown, AR 72770 (USPS) or 548 Arbor Acres Ave, Springdale, AR 72762 (FedEx/UPS)."

Now I'm an atheist, so maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the more Christian way to handle fans offering to send gift cards etc. would be :

Thank you to everyone who has offered to send gift cards etc. Fortunately Ben and I are in a position not to need any assistance. However here are a list of mother and children's charities where your generosity would make a huge difference."

Archived