IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

I have been watching the Duggar's since the very start. I watched all the famewhoring reality TV on TLC. The Duggars, Jon & Kate, Kids by the Dozen, Sister Wives etc. I always liked that the Duggar kids (the little ones at least) seemed like they were fairly normal.

I never had a problem with their religion until the Duggars started talking about courtship. That's when they lost me, but I kept right on watching and am still watching now. They are a trainwreck. That said, Jessa is still my favourite.

Why? Because she will write the best book. The day will come when she writes that book and I really cannot wait to read it.

JB and DQ have created a family of attention needy, love starved, sexually repressed, emotionally stunted kids. We are now seeing how that works out. I hope for the sake of their children, that some of the J'slaves manage to get out.

In the meantime however, I am going to keep right on watching, and waiting for the tell all books to come. Its too bad that some of the people that the Duggars have been involved with in the past are so entrenched in the QF lifestyle - I'd love to hear more from Margery about her courtship with Josiah, or the girl that Smuggar 1.0 was promised to.

I'm with you... I did see red flags before courtships but that's when I really decided that they were a complete, utter disaster! I recall hearing Jessa and Bin say that they are seeking what THEY believe now that they are on their own. I'd love to see them break away some, I'm just not confident in either of their critical thinking skills. I suppose they could surprise us all though....

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jessa's actually a really bad actress. At least, I always noticed a stark difference on the show when she'd have a candid reaction as opposed to saying/doing something scripted. Also, on the show, she was always the one who consistently talked about how great her mom is and how she enjoys spending time with her. I'm going with her being sincere in that video, cheesy as it is.

I agree, she seemed sincere, but what is sad is that any interaction we have seen between Jessa and Her mom has always seemed so artificial. True they were often filmed for the show, but even then, there was just no connection. such as when she and Michelle went out for coffee to talk about life and her relationship with Ben. That was so awkward. Even at times when things were a bit more spontaneous like when Jessa was getting ready for the wedding and Michelle tried to give her some protein.

I guess my point is that Jessa might not have any inkling into just how close a mother and daughter can be. She might not even realize that her stilted and distant relationship with Michelle is not typical.

Also, it really worried me when Jessa said she was going to implement Michelle's parenting tips. Although I do have to agree on one thing she said; in general, I do think that Michelle is fairly patient with the little kids. Part of that is probably because she doesn't really have to deal with them all that much as they have sister moms, but I have noticed on several occasions that she is quite patient and tolerant when the littles are running wild. Then again, a bit more attention to how wild those kids were would have been good. I still can't believe that none of them haven't had a serious serious injury inside that home. So many stairs and hard surfaces, so little supervision or even simple safety controls like baby gates on the stairs, etc.

In the Joy and Jana video, Jana said she wants to be just like her mom someday.

So, does that mean she wants 19 children? I am sad.

no, it means she wants to not have to do any work around the house!

Sorry to double post, but I think it is odd that kids say they want to be just like their mom ( or dad).

I mean, I have kids, and I would never want any of them to be just like me or their father. I want them to be their own selves. Yes, there are traits of mine or their dads that I have they have, such as we both have a strong work ethic, and in general are loyal and loving people, and I would hope that they will follow in our footsteps as far as our politics and overall values go, but I don't expect them to be carbon copies of either one of us.

I think this is just one of those things daughters are expected to say about moms and sons about dads. I suspect it is said unthinkingly, the way I used to describe myself as "happily married" for several years after I wasn't.

The Duggars are not exactly in touch with their real feelings. Michelle is loved by her kids, and she is definitely seen as a successful parent by them, even if we disagree. She is also the most powerful woman in the girls' lives. So of course they want to " be like mom" without working out the full implications of what that means.

I was not raised fundy and my mom was intelligent, educated and very hands on and dedicated as a parent. In many ways she was the complete opposite of Michelle. BUT she shared with Michelle this conviction that she was a perfect parent, that everyone else was doing it wrong, and that her children needed to show her and the family complete devotion. She was always congratulating herself on her successes as a parent and it wasn't until I had been in college for two years that I realized how dysfunctional and isolating our home had been. Before I left home, I might have said sincerely that I wanted to be just like her.

Because they are still at home, Jana and the others have not had a chance to think critically about anything, especially not their upbringing and Michelle's role in it. They accept her at her own valuation.

That doesn't mean they each want 19+ kids.

JB is, as I've stated before, for lack of a more sophisticated term for someone like himself, a fuck job. I mean, he's been married to that woman for decades and basically said NOTHING to her in that video! "I love you... Blah, blah blah... You love Jesus... Blah, blah, blah, bible verse... Etc..."

LOLZ @ the Roe vs Wade tee!

JB had the worst quality for his video, too! Did he have to film his bit on a flip phone of shame?

Those f'ing Roe v Wade shirts... JB clearly bought in bulk, but like most of his other decisions, it was a poor one.

Sorry to double post, but I think it is odd that kids say they want to be just like their mom ( or dad).

I mean, I have kids, and I would never want any of them to be just like me or their father. I want them to be their own selves. Yes, there are traits of mine or their dads that I have they have, such as we both have a strong work ethic, and in general are loyal and loving people, and I would hope that they will follow in our footsteps as far as our politics and overall values go, but I don't expect them to be carbon copies of either one of us.

Exactly! I can think of qualities both of my parents have that I try to exemplify but there are also things about my parents I DON'T WANT TO emulate at ALL!

I don't think the sentiment is that deep with them. Not that they don't love their mom, but these kids are so lacking in originality and nuanced emotional language that, to them, "I want to be just like my mom," is the highest form of praise and expression of love and admiration. Which I think is worse than actually wanting to be just like her.

I'm with you... I did see red flags before courtships but that's when I really decided that they were a complete, utter disaster! I recall hearing Jessa and Bin say that they are seeking what THEY believe now that they are on their own. I'd love to see them break away some, I'm just not confident in either of their critical thinking skills. I suppose they could surprise us all though....

The frumpers and the new house etc, got to me too, but I do have a soft spot for people who faithfully drink their kool aid. Only this kool aid is a little too much for me.

I like that Jessa has gone off script and worn shorts to go swiming. I think she and Ben will go more and more off script now and I really think the only reason they are is because of Smuggar 1.0 scandals.

Those videos were painful to watch. First of all, I agree about Jessa and Josiah, oddly. They did seem most sincere.

Jana and Joy's video really stood out to me! I guess I was surprised(?) that they didn't have much to say... But then at the same time (here we go, now my head is spinning) they likely do everything FOR her, so maybe they're just over her and over it. I don't know. Their video was just strange to me. I noticed some other things that I'll keep to myself. I guess I just wonder how those ladies are doing and I suspect not so well. Ugh. My heart hurts for them.

JB is, as I've stated before, for lack of a more sophisticated term for someone like himself, a fuck job. I mean, he's been married to that woman for decades and basically said NOTHING to her in that video! "I love you... Blah, blah blah... You love Jesus... Blah, blah, blah, bible verse... Etc..."

Aww...don't keep them to yourself. Share!

IMHO the videos weren't as much intended to be saying lovely things for Michelle as talking for the fan base. Despite the bad publicity lately, we're still the perfect godly family and none of it was the parents' fault...

If they just wanted to say nice things about Michelle to make her happy they didn't have to put it on their website.

IMHO the videos weren't as much intended to be saying lovely things for Michelle as talking for the fan base. Despite the bad publicity lately, we're still the perfect godly family and none of it was the parents' fault...

If they just wanted to say nice things about Michelle to make her happy they didn't have to put it on their website.

True, but he still didn't say anything meaningful regardless of who the intended audience was. I guess he never does.

Also, it really worried me when Jessa said she was going to implement Michelle's parenting tips. Although I do have to agree on one thing she said; in general, I do think that Michelle is fairly patient with the little kids. Part of that is probably because she doesn't really have to deal with them all that much as they have sister moms, but I have noticed on several occasions that she is quite patient and tolerant when the littles are running wild. Then again, a bit more attention to how wild those kids were would have been good. I still can't believe that none of them haven't had a serious serious injury inside that home. So many stairs and hard surfaces, so little supervision or even simple safety controls like baby gates on the stairs, etc.

The blanket training is a sign of how little patience DQ actually has. Patience would be making age appropriate lessons and corrections to keep children in line without crushing their will to ever move off a blanket "so they learn to sit quietly in one place." The fact that she finds it necessary really looks to me like a refusal to have patience with growing and energetic children.

Of course, those children are then passed on to their sister moms before they get too much movement in their bones. I wonder if J'chelle thinks they are not as good as her because the kids get more rambunctious under their watch (when that's really just part of the age). She seems to only be able to handle dealing with infants, and passes them off as soon as she can. When the lost girls and howlers are running around in a lot of the episodes, she seems completely checked out, and I think a lot of that perceived patience is there for the cameras. Take the cameras away and maybe the rod comes out.

Those videos were painful to watch. First of all, I agree about Jessa and Josiah, oddly. They did seem most sincere.

Jana and Joy's video really stood out to me! I guess I was surprised(?) that they didn't have much to say... But then at the same time (here we go, now my head is spinning) they likely do everything FOR her, so maybe they're just over her and over it. I don't know. Their video was just strange to me. I noticed some other things that I'll keep to myself. I guess I just wonder how those ladies are doing and I suspect not so well. Ugh. My heart hurts for them.

I agree that Jessa's video seemed most sincere. But Josiah's, Jedediah's and Jinger's was just.... what the heck? uhhhh. So I also agree with the bolded.

The blanket training is a sign of how little patience DQ actually has. Patience would be making age appropriate lessons and corrections to keep children in line without crushing their will to ever move off a blanket "so they learn to sit quietly in one place." The fact that she finds it necessary really looks to me like a refusal to have patience with growing and energetic children.

Of course, those children are then passed on to their sister moms before they get too much movement in their bones. I wonder if J'chelle thinks they are not as good as her because the kids get more rambunctious under their watch (when that's really just part of the age). She seems to only be able to handle dealing with infants, and passes them off as soon as she can. When the lost girls and howlers are running around in a lot of the episodes, she seems completely checked out, and I think a lot of that perceived patience is there for the cameras. Take the cameras away and maybe the rod comes out.

I completely agree. I think the rod has likely been used on these kids A LOT. Less on the younger ones, but thats more likely because the Howlers and the Lost Girls were raised by the J'slaves and with the cameras around, making the rod less likely.

She probably does. However, even if she does want that many, she won't be able to because she will be turning 26 soon and isn't married yet. She could get a good amount but not 19.

Jessa and Ben were at Olive Garden here in town yesterday. The girl who waited on them is my best friends girlfriend and she told me that Ben was kind of a dick but Jessa was sweet.

My frien was waiting on another table and this girl was talking about how she went to her wedding. My frieb said "Oh really?" and the girl said "Well, I watched it on tv"

He probably learned to be a dick to waitstaff from JB.

Lemme guess, a religious tract for a tip? :ew:

Jessa and Ben were at Olive Garden here in town yesterday. The girl who waited on them is my best friends girlfriend and she told me that Ben was kind of a dick but Jessa was sweet.

My frien was waiting on another table and this girl was talking about how she went to her wedding. My frieb said "Oh really?" and the girl said "Well, I watched it on tv"

This is interesting. I expected it to be the other way around.

This is interesting. I expected it to be the other way around.

I'm not surprised about Ben acting like a dick. Jessa should take note: a significant other treating waitstaff rudely is a major red flag.

I don't think the sentiment is that deep with them. Not that they don't love their mom, but these kids are so lacking in originality and nuanced emotional language that, to them, "I want to be just like my mom," is the highest form of praise and expression of love and admiration. Which I think is worse than actually wanting to be just like her.

It really shows you how little they've been exposed to. They don't read non-fundie books or watch non-childrens movies. So they haven't experience different writing styles, different characters that react differently to the same situation, different ways people express themselves, etc. They've spent their wholes being told exactly what to think and how to behave a certain way. They have no idea how to express their true thoughts and emotions.

I haven't seen any indication that Jessa has been booked for any speaking engagements since the Joshley Madison scandal broke. There are a lot of Southern Women's show guests that are already booked as repeat guests for 2016 - and a Duggar is not one of them.

I haven't seen any indication that Jessa has been booked for any speaking engagements since the Joshley Madison scandal broke. There are a lot of Southern Women's show guests that are already booked as repeat guests for 2016 - and a Duggar is not one of them.

Is she still on the line up to speak at a women's conference this October?

Archived