IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

The weight that she had in her hand doesn't look like it would be dangerous to anyone. Hopefully she is using a fitness program provided by a doctor or Personal trainer who works with pregnant women and not what Bin suggests she should do.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly, Jessa has been working out with Ben since before she was pregnant. Usually it's safe to continue your workout routine through pregnancy with a few modifications for the baby. It would be more risky if she were just starting to weight train during pregnancy, however still not entirely unsafe.

It is safe to work out when pregnant, but Bin as her headship probably doesn't give the best advice.

The smug with Jessa is unreal. Grifting for giftcards? Saying house hold chores are real jobs? No, Jessa. That's not a really job. Jana having an "eye for interior design" isn't the same as being an interior designer.

I have a friend who lifted weights...like a huge barbell weighing more that I could ever imagine lifting...throughout her entire pregnancy. Her doctor said it was fine because she was perfectly healthy and it was all stuff she did before pregnant. I think that's generally what they say now...unless you have complications, it's safe to stay with your current exercise routine. You just don't want to suddenly do crazy things you never did before.

Good on her for being healthy and fit. Too bad she has to post about it--as if anyone cares. She is starting to remind me of a Hilton/Kardashian fame whore, only this time with a Bible so with added sanctimony. Completely self-absorbed and without substance. Does reality TV do this to young people? Not a rhetorical question, I really want to know.

(snippety snip)

Clearly this is the result of Sierra's latest jinder reveal party and now we know Blessa is having a boy. :lol:

Jessa actually commented on the photo saying that it says, "Jonny :)" I just took a screen shot if anyone wants to see.

Jessa actually commented on the photo saying that it says, "Jonny :)" I just took a screen shot if anyone wants to see.

Baby name hint? Blessa's having a boy named Jonathan "Jonny" Seewald?

Baby name hint? Blessa's having a boy named Jonathan "Jonny" Seewald?

Isn't the boy in the brother/sister duo from Asia who is always with the Duggars named Jonathan? He was in pictures recently so I would assume it's a hello or goodbye message to him.

Isn't the boy in the brother/sister duo from Asia who is always with the Duggars named Jonathan? He was in pictures recently so I would assume it's a hello or goodbye message to him.

Yes, and he returned to Indonesia last week, so it could very well have been in his honor.

Include Baby Israel, and then we're at 5 generations? He's into Arkansas real estate, right?

They've included an asterisk and a footnote about JB's grandpa starting the real estate business. They've got to be including Israel or the M'kids to make it to the fifth generation. :shifty-kitty: & slimy :animals-worm:

About the Duggars fixing up houses: They should not be running plumbing. Replacing a commode, maybe. Running plumbing or gas lines? Best left to professionals. Not only that, but I would not TOUCH a house they'd wired. You CAN NOT replace electrician training with a "see one, do one, teach one to the five year old" approach. In my state, there are licenses and inspections for things like plumbing and electricity. If proper permits and inspections weren't issued, you can not sell the house.

Yes, and he returned to Indonesia last week, so it could very well have been in his honor.

I've always wondered how a Duggar-Hartono courtship would go down. How cool would JB and Michelle be about an interracial relationship? Though both Jonathan and Jennifer seem like pretty nice kids, their belief system is well within the party line, and the Duggars seem to like them a lot. And any Duggar daughter or son who desperately wants to get the hell out can just say "off to visit the in-laws in Jakarta, bye". I don't see a downside to Jinger going for Jonathan if Lawson doesn't work out.

About the Duggars fixing up houses: They should not be running plumbing. Replacing a commode, maybe. Running plumbing or gas lines? Best left to professionals. Not only that, but I would not TOUCH a house they'd wired. You CAN NOT replace electrician training with a "see one, do one, teach one to the five year old" approach. In my state, there are licenses and inspections for things like plumbing and electricity. If proper permits and inspections weren't issued, you can not sell the house.

I know it's Arkansas, but I'm sure they still have inspections and licenses for things like this. Then again, these are the Duggars and we have seen how they are handled by Arkansas authorities. :pink-shock:

If they aren't selling the house but just fixing it up for one or the kids to live in, I doubt they have inspections performed. Jim Bob is cheap and probably wouldn't even want to pay the inspection fee. I can see Jim Bob not getting the proper permits for work performed on a property as well. I would guess that he avoids any governmental oversight he can.

If they aren't selling the house but just fixing it up for one or the kids to live in, I doubt they have inspections performed. Jim Bob is cheap and probably wouldn't even want to pay the inspection fee. I can see Jim Bob not getting the proper permits for work performed on a property as well. I would guess that he avoids any governmental oversight he can.

If that is the case, I wonder what happens if and when JB wants to sell the house? At that point, seems like he, as the seller, would be required to disclose that certain items on the home are not up to code and be required to bring them up to code before he could sell the house. I remember there were a couple minor things I had to do to my home when I put it up for sale (installing two additional smoke alarms/carbon detectors and further bracing for my hot water heater).

I also wonder about electrical wiring - if it is substandard, that could be a real fire hazard. Wouldn't the county insist that any wiring work meet code, no matter whether the property was changing hands or staying in the same name?

If that is the case, I wonder what happens if and when JB wants to sell the house? At that point, seems like he, as the seller, would be required to disclose that certain items on the home are not up to code and be required to bring them up to code before he could sell the house. I remember there were a couple minor things I had to do to my home when I put it up for sale (installing two additional smoke alarms/carbon detectors and further bracing for my hot water heater).

I also wonder about electrical wiring - if it is substandard, that could be a real fire hazard. Wouldn't the county insist that any wiring work meet code, no matter whether the property was changing hands or staying in the same name?

In some rural areas, the electrical work only has to be inspected by an electrician, not necessarily all installed. And although I wonder about Jim Bob, it's just not true that a "civilian" can't wire a house safely. It's easy enough to educate yourself to do simple electrical work. Clearly not something that the howlers should be doing, but it's not too complicated for the older Duggars if they're careful. Not saying they are, but we also don't have any proof that they're doing this themselves beyond speculation. I think "wondering" if their house is going to burn down is fear-mongering, plain and simple.

They could just be renting it too. But in some places, to rent something you need the proper permits for things. But that could just be for Section 8 tenants too. I'm managing a rental property with a Section 8 tenant and the amount of inspections and hoops to jump through to get the house up to code was insane. I can't see Howler labor being up to code.

I've always wondered how a Duggar-Hartono courtship would go down. How cool would JB and Michelle be about an interracial relationship? Though both Jonathan and Jennifer seem like pretty nice kids, their belief system is well within the party line, and the Duggars seem to like them a lot. And any Duggar daughter or son who desperately wants to get the hell out can just say "off to visit the in-laws in Jakarta, bye". I don't see a downside to Jinger going for Jonathan if Lawson doesn't work out.

Right? Jakarta is a city, I'm just saying... :lol:

I agree.

There are a lot of things you can do yourself if you have a certain amount of talent and interest. Electrical work isn't one of them, unless you have a proper education, because a fault can be deadly.

I mean, no one gets hurt if you don't manage to cut and lay all your tiles evenly, but you can kill people if you screw up electrical work.

And I would never ever buy something a Duggar made. Not only because I don't like their cult-ideology, but because they lack proper education to actually be able to deliever reliable and high quality work.

Is it a "thing" to take an obvious selfie for bump updates when you're pregnant? Why can't Bin take the pics?

Oh yeah, it's definitely a thing. Source: I'm in my 20s and have Facebook and Instagram. Can't get away from it.

I agree.

There are a lot of things you can do yourself if you have a certain amount of talent and interest. Electrical work isn't one of them, unless you have a proper education, because a fault can be deadly.

I mean, no one gets hurt if you don't manage to cut and lay all your tiles evenly, but you can kill people if you screw up electrical work.

Again... I just don't see that. Have an interest? Yes. But electrical work is not magic or rocket science. Anyone with reasonable attention to detail can learn how to do it safely. Just because most places require a professional to do it does not mean that it is beyond the comprehension of not-moron adults. Lots of rural places only require an electrician to certify electrical work, not complete it. I'm not defending the Duggars here as much as not encouraging people to be scared of electronics. I don't know if the older Duggar boys are careful enough to do electrical work safely, but it's not beyond their intellectual capabilities, SOTDRT though they may be. We also don't have any evidence that they're trying to do electrical stuff themselves anyway.

There's so much to criticize about the Duggars but I swear some people make up stuff to "worry" over.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a thing. Source: I'm in my 20s and have Facebook and Instagram. Can't get away from it.

Yup. I think I'm the woman I've known to have a baby in the last 5 years that didn't do those odd selfies. They all have other people in their lives to take the pictures, why not ask them? I only did one or two bump shots and my husband took those pictures.

Archived