IGNORED

Josie had seizure for 15 mins before EMT arrive- People Mag

quiversR4hunting

Another thing is that they could be lying about "Chicago". They lied about Josh's "business meeting" right before Jessa's wedding, which we all know was a lobbying hate tour.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree - it's like she's trying to minimize it, which is hard to take so close to seeing Jana crying thinking Josie was dying. I think another issue is the way it's described as Josie's glitch, not a glitch in Josie's brain when she gets fevers. It's kind of along the lines of the "person first" way of describing people with disabilities. I can see Michelle saying it like that without thinking, so I find the minimization more upsetting but altogether it makes it an uncomfortable way of describing a health problem.

I'm not wild about this thought, but I truly wonder who would be more upset if one of the children passed. I honestly think the sisters for most siblings, though with Josie it may be different given Michelle's attachment to her.

I just watched the episodes last night (dvr). The things that struck me the most were the way Moochelle and JB were detached talking about her seizure in the personal interviews, yet he tried to play all "concerned daddy" thanking Baby Jeezus for her life when they closed out the show. I don't actually buy the Josie-Happy to see mom and dad bit either. Small children are easy to wind up, any one of the family or crew could have been behind her saying, "ok baby, go give mommy and daddy a BIIIGGG HUUUGGG, be sweet sweet!!" She looked more content and real clinging to Jessa on the way back into the house. :(

I am very curious to know what the prognosis was after the fact. Jana mentioned that the doctors wanted to scan her....does Big Mama and Daddy even know how to care for a child with any kind of true handicap? Or will they just baby her and keep her in the house for the rest of her life.... :doh:

One last personal jab.....I don't care how far away you are, how much you "can't do", or how common the ailment is....if your child is ill or in the hospital for more than 12 hours: get yo' sorry butt home and tend to your child!!!! I wanted to come through to tv and snatch that woman bald headed. :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :wtf:

*rant over*

You rock!! Thanks!

Bummer that doesn't prove the JB J'M trip to Chicago unless Josie's incident took place on Aug 23. Does their town publish the emergency calls made for the day or week? The city closest to me publishes some of the emergency calls- address and call for - such as 123 Seasme St - assault; 227 Street - loitering, etc

I am more interested in knowing why and who JB and J'M meet with while in Chicago without chadults not the actual day that Josie had her seizure. Still betting it's gothard related.

911 calls (and police dispatch notes) are generally public records, thats how the tabloids get the calls. An open records request for calls and EMS dispatches to their address in 2014 would produce the call.

You'd have to use your real name and pay for the documents.

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
The Pecan family and some Waller sibs run this show, apparently:

I knew Davey and Pris traveled a lot for work, but this is more intense than I imagined.

Who is Gabriel Cleator?

Going back to the uproar over the word "glitch"--I don't see anything wrong with the term being used in a medical sense, considering the body is wired and basically a seizure is a sort of glitch in the system. HOWEVER the way Michelle said it in TH was oddly sickening and uncomfortable. Josie's little glitch...like she was trying to make the glitch sound sweet and...I'm not sure how to articulate the way it made me feel. It gave me weird vibes. :shrug:

I also thought it was funny that they blurred out her shorts but not her chest. Priorities, ya'll! Those defrauding sexual knees are inappropriate no matter how old a girl is.

My problem with her saying "glitches" is that she said the seizures were "one of her glitches." That means there are other things she considers glitches, meaning it's not just referencing the seizure (as others have stated).

Ok, I dug around Facebook and the IBLP website to see if there was anything specific going on that week or so after the 18th of August. The only thing I found was a picture of the "Family Connections Ministry Team" who were leaving on the 29th to do some ministerin'. Could potentially assume that they were there helping to prep the team? Seeing as how they are the pinnacle of family, connections, and ministry?

It's kind of a leap, but since they don't want the world knowing the depth of their involvement, they probably don't allow cameras to potentially catch them at Headquarters.

facebook.com/basiclifeprinciples/photos/a.147219975443518.1073741828.147218335443682/347197455445768/?type=1&theater

Who is Gabriel Cleator?

I don't know. Google search turns up a very young, very active ATI/IBLP person.

Here's the first google result: embassyinstitute.org/speaker/gabriel-cleator It links to a video of him preaching or something. I can't tolerate fundies on video, but I'm pretty curious about this just because he looks. so. young.

ETA the video requires registration. :x

I don't know. Google search turns up a very young, very active ATI/IBLP person.

Here's the first google result: embassyinstitute.org/speaker/gabriel-cleator It links to a video of him preaching or something. I can't tolerate fundies on video, but I'm pretty curious about this just because he looks. so. young.

ETA the video requires registration. :x

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
That pic on the Embassy Institute page DOES look very young...it says he's been "serving" at IBLF since 2011, so maybe that pic is from when he was 15-16 or so.

Here are some more pics of Cleator...looks older now, like maybe 20, maybe...?

nakatsus.com/ati-family-connection-phoenix/#

What interests ME is that his IBLF bio says he is "actively involved" with the Journey to the Heart program. So even the programs for girls cannot be run by women?? :wtf:

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
That pic on the Embassy Institute page DOES look very young...it says he's been "serving" at IBLF since 2011, so maybe that pic is from when he was 15-16 or so.

Here are some more pics of Cleator...looks older now, like maybe 20, maybe...?

nakatsus.com/ati-family-connection-phoenix/#

What interests ME is that his IBLF bio says he is "actively involved" with the Journey to the Heart program. So even the programs for girls cannot be run by women?? :wtf:

They have JTTHs for men, too.

I hope they have an incredibly good neurologist that Josie sees regularly (but out in the sticks, I doubt it), a seizure of that duration signals a very serious condition. Some of those seizures are fatal or cause brain damage. They can't just pray over this one and suddenly decide Jesus told them it will be all right.

911 calls (and police dispatch notes) are generally public records, thats how the tabloids get the calls. An open records request for calls and EMS dispatches to their address in 2014 would produce the call.

You'd have to use your real name and pay for the documents.

I'll chip in. :D

Tin foil hat time: I found this link for police reports. Nothing under their name from August 18 through the end of September.

tontitownpdar.policereports.us

I'm interested in that, too. They are up to no good. (My tin foil hat is getting a lot of use lately! :D ) The IBLP events calendar has lots and lots of captures over the years, if anyone wants to examine them.

http://web.archive.org/web/201505010211 ... ti/events/

Check it out - didn't see anything.

Off to look at their IG accounts. Maybe clues show in outfits or scripture that one of them posted around that time.

Are we sure the Tonitown police reports will include an EMS call? I don't think they do. EMS services are covered under HIPAA, including the name and address of the person treated, and the date/time of the call. At most they would be allowed to say the number of calls on any given day.

I'm trying to get data on EMS calls for my dissertation and have to go to some pretty extreme lengths to access it, like basically getting the department to hire me and give me access the information as an employee, create a data set that doesn't include any HIPAA identifiers, and then use that for my research.

Instagram didn't yield much. A few things that could be dated specifically. No sudden groupings of pics of Josie. No religious quotes about healing or protection, etc.

SAT 9-13: Jill's IG: She and Michelle got pedicures together. It was Michelle's bday.

SAT 9-13: Duggarfam IG: TTH is decorated for Michelle's birthday.

FRI 9-26: Duggarfam IG: JB, M and family at Value Voters Summit in DC. VVS photos on other Duggar IGs too.

OCT 2014

Duggarfam IG: no pics

NOV 2014

Duggarfam IG: Kids crammed into a phone booth. Short sleeves and green leaves.

Duggarfam IG: Two pics after the phone booth one, they're in long sleeves and light coats at College of the Ozarks.

Are we sure the Tonitown police reports will include an EMS call? I don't think they do. EMS services are covered under HIPAA, including the name and address of the person treated, and the date/time of the call. At most they would be allowed to say the number of calls on any given day.

I'm trying to get data on EMS calls for my dissertation and have to go to some pretty extreme lengths to access it, like basically getting the department to hire me and give me access the information as an employee, create a data set that doesn't include any HIPAA identifiers, and then use that for my research.

Actually, I was thinking about HIPAA. Was it a violation to show Josie's seizure and treatment without her consent? Is anyone too young to be covered by HIPAA?

Actually, I was thinking about HIPAA. Was it a violation to show Josie's seizure and treatment without her consent? Is anyone too young to be covered by HIPAA?

HIPAA covers information collected by healthcare providers. Footage of Josie (or anyone else) receiving medical care doesn't fall under HIPAA when the footage was captured my someone other than a medical provider. So if TLC or a family member films it, then it isn't a HIPAA issue at all. HIPAA could be an issue if TLC wanted to use footage or records captured by EMS or the hospital, but if Jim Bob and Michelle consent, then it isn't a HIPAA violation. Josie isn't old enough to consent, her parents have to consent (or refuse) on her behalf. Generally, older children have the right to refuse things like release of information or participation in research, but the standards depend on a lot of different aspects of the situation and context is very important.

I hope they have an incredibly good neurologist that Josie sees regularly (but out in the sticks, I doubt it), a seizure of that duration signals a very serious condition. Some of those seizures are fatal or cause brain damage. They can't just pray over this one and suddenly decide Jesus told them it will be all right.

They are in a rural area but not far from larger towns and certainly within reach of medical care? They are only a 20 minute drive from Fayetteville, home of the University of Arkansas. The med school is in Little Rock four hours away, but I am sure there are neurologists in Fayetteville.

I went through the Duggars facebook and found nothing. They seem to post about most speaking events they do, but there weren't any mentioning Illinois. Hmm. :|

One thing I noticed was that Jana was very panicky-- too panicky, if you ask me, for someone with supposed EMT training. Of course, if my sister was seizing, I would panic too, but I never was a volunteer firefighter and doula and whatever else the Duggars say Jana does. Also, why was Jessa there, isn't she off and being married? Did she drop what she was doing to help? What was Amy's mom doing there too? Overall, I am glad that Josie is OK and I hope that she is getting the medical help that she needs!

I just watched the video, I'm behind, and yes Jana was very panicky. I was a volunteer too and even though I knew 99% of the people who we responded to I was almost robotic during the call. Until the day I had to call 911 for someone in my house and then all that training, years more than Jana, went right out the door. The officer that responded was in shock, he'd seen me deal with much worse and never lost my composure. It's completely different when it's someone that you love.

Instagram didn't yield much. A few things that could be dated specifically. No sudden groupings of pics of Josie. No religious quotes about healing or protection, etc.

SAT 9-13: Jill's IG: She and Michelle got pedicures together. It was Michelle's bday.

SAT 9-13: Duggarfam IG: TTH is decorated for Michelle's birthday.

FRI 9-26: Duggarfam IG: JB, M and family at Value Voters Summit in DC. VVS photos on other Duggar IGs too.

OCT 2014

Duggarfam IG: no pics

NOV 2014

Duggarfam IG: Kids crammed into a phone booth. Short sleeves and green leaves.

Duggarfam IG: Two pics after the phone booth one, they're in long sleeves and light coats at College of the Ozarks.

Have we tried cousin Amy? She's been known to let the cat out of the bag before... :whistle:

Have we tried cousin Amy? She's been known to let the cat out of the bag before... :whistle:

Trees were still green first week of Oct 2014 there.

Oct 7 I think it was, she posted a picture of Josie and some other kid, praising messy hair. But no allusions to any health issues. https://instagram.com/p/tySJYMNkGI/

Sept 16 was the filming for Famy's show...IG photo of GMa & her mom in airport with luggage, "And let a week of filming begin!" So it could not have been then, since Deanna was in the Josie shot. https://instagram.com/p/s_rrL4NkI5/

August 16 she posted a hmmmmm thing that said, "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter." But the caption she wrote seems unrelated: "Whenever you feel unloved, unimportant or insecure remember to whom you belong. Ephesians 1:17-22 Late night Jesus time is the best :)" https://instagram.com/p/rvt4lJNkO8/

July 23, a pic of (her?) looking down either sadly or sexily or album cover-y. Quote: "When my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy. ~Psalm 62" https://instagram.com/p/qzjKy8NkAh/

June 25, stormy sky pic but text doesn't seem relevant: "Rest In Me, My child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of this day. Just seeks The Lord in everything you do today... I love the sky today! ;) " https://instagram.com/p/prJ0uSNkKZ/

June 21, JillNDerrick's wedding invite: " https://instagram.com/p/pgjJKzNkHB/

June 15...out for coffee with girlfriends maybe... "Sprinkles makes everything better. I love my friends ...our group is amazing! #blessed" https://instagram.com/p/pQcPKvtkJ4/

June 11...Praying together in the TTH. "I love being a part of a family that prays together!" https://instagram.com/p/pHCO3hNkDk/

June 11 Josiah came home from ALERT, looking like he had a lobotomy: https://instagram.com/p/pG2Oh_NkBQ/

May 27...a pic wth words "Study and pray to know god's will." Her caption, "This is for anyone with a lot on their mind. We all have serious choices to make, I encourage anyone with a heavy heart to pray non stop and study God's word here is a verse that always helps me, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. " https://instagram.com/p/ogRxhmNkO7/

April 16 a photo with Josie eating a popsicle where she wrote, "Josie love!" but that's befre the trees fully leaf out so we're done here.

One positive thing I noticed: Josie was SO HAPPY to see J'Chelle and Boob return home. We all know J'Chelle has much been much more hands on with Josie than any of the kids younger than Jill or Jinger. I think Josie may be the only kid to have a real bond with J'Chelle.

I think Josh might have (had?) a good bond with her from his time as an only child.

It's Michelle's smirking throughout the TH that I find most disgusting. She looks so happy to get some attention off of her child going through this.

They were out of the country during her first known seizure. I had a child with a very severe seizure disorder, ( Dravets Syndrome) he never had a seizure as serious as Josie did until the day he died. I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but he had hundreds of seizures and never turned blue nor had trouble breathing prior to his last "glitch".

I don't think they get it.

Archived