IGNORED

Bates 33: More of the Same, Beige, Greige, Muted, and Washed Out

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Thank You 3

This is total BEC I know, but I hate how often Carlin & all the Bates Sister Boutique models wear clothing that is too big for them. It is so sloppy [and yes "too big" and "oversized" are different things] and shows  despite being fundy gals they've never altered anything. 

Carlin's jacket sleeves are too long:

image.png.f1a7cebcd18aebc36e8f69bc684ce822.pngimage.png.f8ef8d29c3c1bb8ea877b6ee15bac5aa.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

This is total BEC I know, but I hate how often Carlin & all the Bates Sister Boutique models wear clothing that is too big for them. It is so sloppy [and yes "too big" and "oversized" are different things] and shows  despite being fundy gals they've never altered anything. 

Carlin's jacket sleeves are too long:

image.png.f1a7cebcd18aebc36e8f69bc684ce822.pngimage.png.f8ef8d29c3c1bb8ea877b6ee15bac5aa.png

As someone with short arms, it is a struggle. I buy shirts that are 3/4 sleeves and they turn into long sleeves for me. Jackets and coats are impossible but I have to wear them. Some of my favorite days were the 1990s when nearly everyone was wearing oversized sweaters like Jennifer Love Hewitt.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

As someone with short arms, it is a struggle. I buy shirts that are 3/4 sleeves and they turn into long sleeves for me. Jackets and coats are impossible but I have to wear them. Some of my favorite days were the 1990s when nearly everyone was wearing oversized sweaters like Jennifer Love Hewitt.  

I have short legs & have the same problem. I buy most of my clothing used (or at least on the secondary market) & pay for alterations. But I don't model pants, either. But I really think that Carlin & Whitney, and all their models, need to take their clothing business seriously & show themselves in & model clothes that fit. I'm a grown ass professional woman with a job; I can't function with sleeves on my keyboard & in my food getting all nasty, & I can't go to work with my sweaters rolled up like I'm in elementary school.

This is just unprofessional:  image.thumb.png.7aa8adc1a3ebc464fd9c9a3844fc5563.png

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Opposite problem! I'm 5'7 and have arms like a chimpanzee, sleeves always feel too short. I wear men's XXL hoodies for comfort, but that's for home wear. I can dress like a fucking adult in public. For any other long-armed women out there, Roxy brand has sleeves on the longer side, and you can pick up absolute steals on eBay.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 4/6/2024 at 7:44 PM, HereticHick said:

I have short legs & have the same problem. I buy most of my clothing used (or at least on the secondary market) & pay for alterations. But I don't model pants, either. But I really think that Carlin & Whitney, and all their models, need to take their clothing business seriously & show themselves in & model clothes that fit. I'm a grown ass professional woman with a job; I can't function with sleeves on my keyboard & in my food getting all nasty, & I can't go to work with my sweaters rolled up like I'm in elementary school.

This is just unprofessional:  image.thumb.png.7aa8adc1a3ebc464fd9c9a3844fc5563.png

As the commenter pointed out, they also didn’t steam out the wrinkles before taking the photo. I guess the argument could be made that they’re showing a more realistic version of these clothes? Unsteamed and untailored. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say this is the first time I have ever seen Ellie smile with her teeth. Of course it is to shill teeth whitening lol IMG_1441.thumb.png.6db2f3fb570e6993e5fce1fe70a34c1a.png

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have to say this is the first time I have ever seen Ellie smile with her teeth. Of course it is to shill teeth whitening lol IMG_1441.thumb.png.6db2f3fb570e6993e5fce1fe70a34c1a.png

I wonder if she got used to smiling closed mouth while she had braces. 

• Upvote 8

Is Ellie already staying with Katie because Katie can't cope with being alone? Is Travis already on tour?

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if she got used to smiling closed mouth while she had braces. 

If you look at old photos of the Bates daughters, all of them smiled for pictures with their mouths closed when they had braces.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, indianabones said:

If you look at old photos of the Bates daughters, all of them smiled for pictures with their mouths closed when they had braces.

I had braces starting my sophomore year of high school until my sophomore year in college. When you have braces that long, you smile with your teeth showing. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

They get professional whitening for sure.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Found this on Reddit. It looks like Kelly accidentally reposted a pic of Addee and Ellie from this account. It looks like one or both of their's private account. Or maybe it is a burner account of Kelly's that the girls also have access to.

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 15-29-47 Oakley jane (@oakleyjane89) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 1

Oakley Jane....wonder if we will be seeing a future Bates grandchild with that name any time soon.  

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Oakley Jane....wonder if we will be seeing a future Bates grandchild with that name any time soon.  

I think Jane could come from Gil's mom. Their grandmother. They call her Mama Jane. Not sure about the Oakley. Or the number 89.

• Upvote 3

Oakley could be Jane's maiden name. 

• Upvote 2

Oakley definitely sounds like a name a Bates daughter would pick. It makes me think of Annie Oakley and Calamity Jane combined. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Per Reddit, Oakley is the name of Ellie's dog.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

22 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Per Reddit, Oakley is the name of Ellie's dog.

James Duggar follows the account. Make of that what you will.

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, marmalade said:

James Duggar follows the account. Make of that what you will.

Anything that keeps him out of Australia lol or any duggar bates for that matter lol 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Anything that keeps him out of Australia lol or any duggar bates for that matter lol 

We're just trying to share, Krissy, it's nothing personal! 😂

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

I have to observe that as abjectly stupid as the Bateseseseses mostly appear, they also come across as geniuses compared to the Duggar spawn (Jill excluded). It's hard to tease out how much is due to the abysmal lack of education versus native ability. Jill's case points to the former for sure.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I have to observe that as abjectly stupid as the Bateseseseses mostly appear, they also come across as geniuses compared to the Duggar spawn (Jill excluded). It's hard to tease out how much is due to the abysmal lack of education versus native ability. Jill's case points to the former for sure.

Jill married the best-educated Duggar in-law by far (sorrynotsorry Jeremy), which helped her a lot. The Bateses also married people with some amount of education for the most part. The Duggars don't care about that at all.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Jill married the best-educated Duggar in-law by far (sorrynotsorry Jeremy), which helped her a lot. The Bateses also married people with some amount of education for the most part. The Duggars don't care about that at all.

Excellent points, especially re: Jeremy, who's choosing to focus his education on spiritual wankery and seemed to want pliable eye candy for a wife. Derick, for all his many faults, seems to view Jill as a real partner and independent human being.

The Bateseses are more canny for sure.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5