IGNORED

Bates 33: More of the Same, Beige, Greige, Muted, and Washed Out

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Thank You 3

This is total BEC I know, but I hate how often Carlin & all the Bates Sister Boutique models wear clothing that is too big for them. It is so sloppy [and yes "too big" and "oversized" are different things] and shows  despite being fundy gals they've never altered anything. 

Carlin's jacket sleeves are too long:

image.png.f1a7cebcd18aebc36e8f69bc684ce822.pngimage.png.f8ef8d29c3c1bb8ea877b6ee15bac5aa.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

This is total BEC I know, but I hate how often Carlin & all the Bates Sister Boutique models wear clothing that is too big for them. It is so sloppy [and yes "too big" and "oversized" are different things] and shows  despite being fundy gals they've never altered anything. 

Carlin's jacket sleeves are too long:

image.png.f1a7cebcd18aebc36e8f69bc684ce822.pngimage.png.f8ef8d29c3c1bb8ea877b6ee15bac5aa.png

As someone with short arms, it is a struggle. I buy shirts that are 3/4 sleeves and they turn into long sleeves for me. Jackets and coats are impossible but I have to wear them. Some of my favorite days were the 1990s when nearly everyone was wearing oversized sweaters like Jennifer Love Hewitt.  

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

As someone with short arms, it is a struggle. I buy shirts that are 3/4 sleeves and they turn into long sleeves for me. Jackets and coats are impossible but I have to wear them. Some of my favorite days were the 1990s when nearly everyone was wearing oversized sweaters like Jennifer Love Hewitt.  

I have short legs & have the same problem. I buy most of my clothing used (or at least on the secondary market) & pay for alterations. But I don't model pants, either. But I really think that Carlin & Whitney, and all their models, need to take their clothing business seriously & show themselves in & model clothes that fit. I'm a grown ass professional woman with a job; I can't function with sleeves on my keyboard & in my food getting all nasty, & I can't go to work with my sweaters rolled up like I'm in elementary school.

This is just unprofessional:  image.thumb.png.7aa8adc1a3ebc464fd9c9a3844fc5563.png

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Opposite problem! I'm 5'7 and have arms like a chimpanzee, sleeves always feel too short. I wear men's XXL hoodies for comfort, but that's for home wear. I can dress like a fucking adult in public. For any other long-armed women out there, Roxy brand has sleeves on the longer side, and you can pick up absolute steals on eBay.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/6/2024 at 7:44 PM, HereticHick said:

I have short legs & have the same problem. I buy most of my clothing used (or at least on the secondary market) & pay for alterations. But I don't model pants, either. But I really think that Carlin & Whitney, and all their models, need to take their clothing business seriously & show themselves in & model clothes that fit. I'm a grown ass professional woman with a job; I can't function with sleeves on my keyboard & in my food getting all nasty, & I can't go to work with my sweaters rolled up like I'm in elementary school.

This is just unprofessional:  image.thumb.png.7aa8adc1a3ebc464fd9c9a3844fc5563.png

As the commenter pointed out, they also didn’t steam out the wrinkles before taking the photo. I guess the argument could be made that they’re showing a more realistic version of these clothes? Unsteamed and untailored. 

• Upvote 2