Jump to content
IGNORED

John David and Abbie 10: Selling Clothes on Poshmark to Make Ends Meet


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

Isn't this guy a pilot?

 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan changed the title to John David and Abbie 10: Selling Clothes on Poshmark to Make Ends Meet
  • 1 month later...

I was just thinking this morning about Abbie and her previous nursing career.  She claimed last summer that she had been planning on going back to work but then the pandemic hit.  I'm wondering if we ever see her go back to work.  It does seem like they could benefit from the money but then who would watch the baby?  One of her tween aunts?  I would be shocked if she didn't homeschool her.  I'm assuming that we will never hear again about her previous career. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JMO said:

She claimed last summer that she had been planning on going back to work but then the pandemic hit.  I'm wondering if we ever see her go back to work. 

She will have needed to keep her license active. I think the requirements for that vary. If she didn’t keep her license active though, she’s kind of SOL. On the other hand, we really don’t know how they pass their time, so I guess it’s possible she’s logged some hours here and there to keep it active. I once knew someone who would go work at a summer camp as the camp nurse so that his license wouldn’t lapse. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They might fast track her though just to get someone else into nursing jobs right now. I know that our local-ish nursing schools fast tracked final year students because they were so desperately needed.

 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, JMO said:

I was just thinking this morning about Abbie and her previous nursing career.  She claimed last summer that she had been planning on going back to work but then the pandemic hit.  I'm wondering if we ever see her go back to work.  It does seem like they could benefit from the money but then who would watch the baby?  One of her tween aunts?  I would be shocked if she didn't homeschool her.  I'm assuming that we will never hear again about her previous career. 

Well, her baby is what, like 1 or 2 years? It's a mighty cute age. Maybe she wants to stay at home for a while. Plenty of women go back when their kids leave babyhood. No reason to assume she'll never nurse again. Even if she went back when Gracie was 20, and she was 48, she'd have many years till 65 and retirement.

For doctors, keeping a license active means 1)paying the fee and 2) doing CEUs. No one checks to see if you are employed (and it's not required either). Probably the same is true for nurses?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Well, her baby is what, like 1 or 2 years? It's a mighty cute age. Maybe she wants to stay at home for a while. Plenty of women go back when their kids leave babyhood. No reason to assume she'll never nurse again. Even if she went back when Gracie was 20, and she was 48, she'd have many years till 65 and retirement.

For doctors, keeping a license active means 1)paying the fee and 2) doing CEUs. No one checks to see if you are employed (and it's not required either). Probably the same is true for nurses?

Yes! However, skills diminish  without actual practice, so being unemployed for a long period of time would make returning to nursing very, very difficult. However, I think Abbie worked in a SNF(nursing home), which requires fewer tangible, critical skills, and is an LVN, again diminishing the number of higher level skills required ( and also fewer job opportunities).

One of the best parts of a nursing career is the flexibility it offers. Abbie could work one off hours shift a week, which would require little to no babysitting, add to the coffers, keep her skills up and her foot in the door. If she’s not doing this, she has very shortsighted thinking. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yes! However, skills diminish  without actual practice, so being unemployed for a long period of time would make returning to nursing very, very difficult. However, I think Abbie worked in a SNF(nursing home), which requires fewer tangible, critical skills, and is an LVN, again diminishing the number of higher level skills required ( and also fewer job opportunities).

 

Ordinarily, I think that's true. However, there's a huge demand for nurses, huge. I have two friends who are nurses who returned to work after their kids were grown (about age 15), and had no problems at all. One was offered a signing bonus, after over a decade away from the field! They had a license, that's what mattered. The shortage of nurses in rural areas is particularly desperate.

She could probably get employed after a gap, but whether she'd provide a good quality of care is another matter. A paying job isn't essential here either. Nurses can keep up their skills doing volunteer work while they raise their kids. That offers a lot more flexibiity than a paying job, and also gives them references if they need them.

1 hour ago, G33kywife said:

I once knew someone who would go work at a summer camp as the camp nurse so that his license wouldn’t lapse. 

I doubt you need to work to keep your license active. That's not the way it is in medicine, anyway. Nobody checks to see you are employed.

If they took away your license every time you took a couple of years off, there'd be far fewer doctors available, which no one wants. Licensing boards WANT people to keep their licenses, if at all possible, because then they get more licensing fees. They also don't want to check to see if doctors are employed, that 's too much work for them.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If she’s not doing this, she has very shortsighted thinking. 

Just dropping by, intrigued by the topic title depicting JD scrabbling to make ends meet.  Got to this sentence and about sprained my neck SMH. Ye-epp, short-sighted thinking is these guys!  
 

Bless you all for keeping the anti-mold lights on the Duggars. I just can’t with them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nurses keep their licenses active by completing continuing education hours. These can be obtained online for a fee. If you do not complete the education, you can pay a fee to be inactive or let your license lapse. A lapsed license can generally be reactivated by completing those education hours and paying the licensing fee. Some hospitals have reentry programs for nurses who have been out of the job market for a while or allow them to join their new grad training programs. This is more common with RNs, but there is currently a need for both RNs and LVNs. I've worked for places that still use LVNs in the ER, for example. Many school nurses are LVNs as well. Schools here are hiring more on-site nurses than before. That being said, I really doubt Abbie will go back to work any time soon. Motherhood is too much of an idol for their belief system.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Ordinarily, I think that's true. However, there's a huge demand for nurses, huge. I have two friends who are nurses who returned to work after their kids were grown (about age 15), and had no problems at all. One was offered a signing bonus, after over a decade away from the field! They had a license, that's what mattered. The shortage of nurses in rural areas is particularly desperate.

She could probably get employed after a gap, but whether she'd provide a good quality of care is another matter. A paying job isn't essential here either. Nurses can keep up their skills doing volunteer work while they raise their kids. That offers a lot more flexibiity than a paying job, and also gives them references if they need them.

I doubt you need to work to keep your license active. That's not the way it is in medicine, anyway. Nobody checks to see you are employed.

If they took away your license every time you took a couple of years off, there'd be far fewer doctors available, which no one wants. Licensing boards WANT people to keep their licenses, if at all possible, because then they get more licensing fees. They also don't want to check to see if doctors are employed, that 's too much work for them.

Sure, one could theoretically keep up skills through volunteer, but would this apply to a young family with a questionable income source of any kind? If Abbie was looking to contribute to society/her community, was willing to put her child in care outside of herself and to maintain her skills, why wouldn’t she also opt to get paid for doing so? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Abbie gave up work way before she became pregnant. JD is now director of business at Medic corps and was wearing MC branded shirt and cap at the air show, so they may be redirecting their efforts at that grift.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, artdecades said:

Looks like JD is in Haiti with medicorps making more problems than they help. 

This shit makes my fucking blood boil. They did it in the Bahamas and I’m still pissed about that. 
 

Please donate to efforts led my Haitians in Haiti. Don’t donate to the Red Cross! Many orgs have a history of abusing funds in the 2010 earthquake 

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

If Abbie was looking to contribute to society/her community, was willing to put her child in care outside of herself and to maintain her skills, why wouldn’t she also opt to get paid for doing so? 

If she was looking to contribute to her community, wouldn't volunteering be the absolute best way to do it? Working as a volunteer nurse obviously helps the community far more.

John David does a lot of (useless) volunteering, so it wouldn't surprise me if Abbie chose to do the same. It also gives her a lot more flexibility. She can leave if she gets pregnant, for example, and resume later on. 

If they need the money, then of course, a paid job is the best choice.

19 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

This shit makes my fucking blood boil. They did it in the Bahamas and I’m still pissed about that. 
 

Please donate to efforts led my Haitians in Haiti. Don’t donate to the Red Cross! Many orgs have a history of abusing funds in the 2010 earthquake 

I actually gave a good sum of money to the Red Cross after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. I regret it now.

I'd like to give to a better group this time. Giving to a Haitian group is a fine idea, but how can you tell which ones are legit and which are not?

 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

I actually gave a good sum of money to the Red Cross after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. I regret it now.

I'd like to give to a better group this time. Giving to a Haitian group is a fine idea, but how can you tell which ones are legit and which are not?

 

Why not the Red Cross?

And there's always Doctors Without Borders. They tend to already be on the ground in impoverished conditions, as it is, and so familiar with the area and the people.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

May I also suggest Meds & Food For Kids?

Its an independent effort that has been active in improving health and self-sufficiency for st least a decade.
 

In normal (?) times, every dollar donated goes to the cause. The founder takes NO remuneration. I’m sure that at this time the 100% support continues. 
 

Look them up on FB where there’s a donation button available, if you feel so moved.  Humble thanks. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

For doctors, keeping a license active means 1)paying the fee and 2) doing CEUs. No one checks to see if you are employed (and it's not required either). Probably the same is true for nurses?

As an RN, I had to keep my license, I had to have CEUS, but I also had to work a minimum number of hours per licensing period. A summer camp wasn't going to do it.

I believe she is an LVN, and I don't think CEUs are required, but I could be wrong.

Still, things change rapidly in the field of nursing, and I'd hate to see her fall behind.

  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

For doctors, keeping a license active means 1)paying the fee and 2) doing CEUs. No one checks to see if you are employed (and it's not required either). Probably the same is true for nurses?

In the state of Nebraska, we have to work 500 hours in two years and do a minimum of 20 CEUs.  We have to be able to prove this if asked (I've been audited twice).  A certain amount of CEUs have to be peer reviewed, only 4 can be used for CPR, etc.  I'm a LPN.  

  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I believe she is an LVN, and I don't think CEUs are required, but I could be wrong.

She needs CEUs but she doesn't need to have worked. She needs 15 CEUS over two years, that's it. Plus -- and this is the section seems most important--she needs to pay $90.

https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/arsbn-lpn-renewal

That's how she renews her license. It's confirmed in the FAQs.

Quote

Q. Although I haven’t worked, my license has been active for years. When I renew my license, how many continuing education contact hours do I need?

A. Renewal of an active license requires fifteen (15) contact hours completed during the two-year period immediately preceding the renewal date (no exceptions). (Chapter 2, Section VII.C.3.a)

So Abbie can maintain her license for years, without holding a job. She can do the CEUs online.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still trying to figure out where would be a good place to donate but really trying to focus on giving to local folks. 

In the past year, I've generally transitioned from donating to organizations/charities to mutual aid. I find giving to people directly when they ask to be a better. 

I'll post if I find any credible local resources. 

But yeah, avoid USAID, Red Cross, Wycleaf Jean...even some smaller orgs by the diaspora can be suspect at times. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I'm still trying to figure out where would be a good place to donate but really trying to focus on giving to local folks. 

In the past year, I've generally transitioned from donating to organizations/charities to mutual aid. I find giving to people directly when they ask to be a better. 

I'll post if I find any credible local resources. 

But yeah, avoid USAID, Red Cross, Wycleaf Jean...even some smaller orgs by the diaspora can be suspect at times. 

I do the same. I give directly to people, no middleman. The tragedy in Haiti 11 years ago was one exception. However, local charities can be corrupt, as well as international ones, and they are even harder to assess due to the distance involved.

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 5:22 AM, Jackie3 said:

I do the same. I give directly to people, no middleman. The tragedy in Haiti 11 years ago was one exception. However, local charities can be corrupt, as well as international ones, and they are even harder to assess due to the distance involved.

Very true. And in general most charities cannot give the funds away at 100%. There are fees, insurances, legal paper work, transportation costs and normally at least some employees that deserve a fair wage for their work. If they work with locals paying them a fair wage is also important and I would raise my eyebrows if they don’t compensate and insure their local helpers.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So Esther (Nathan Bayes' fiance) had a story with a picture of her, Abbie and another woman on some kind of vehicle, all looking relaxed and hanging out. No point really. Although I do think we will see JD in Nathan's wedding party come October. 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Grace987 said:

People magazine picked up JDs plane crash

I saw that I’m glad they were all ok. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.