IGNORED

Josie had seizure for 15 mins before EMT arrive- People Mag

quiversR4hunting

If we're taking votes, I agree with it being the engagement photo day. Josie's seizure was on a cloudy day, and if I remember correctly it was cloudy when those pictures were taken. Perhaps Bin got the hell out of the way

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One positive thing I noticed: Josie was SO HAPPY to see J'Chelle and Boob return home. We all know J'Chelle has much been much more hands on with Josie than any of the kids younger than Jill or Jinger. I think Josie may be the only kid to have a real bond with J'Chelle.

If I remember correctly during the engagement photo episode didn't JB and M drive past them and honk while they were doing the shoot? So I don't think it could be that day unless they were on their way to the airport.

If I remember correctly during the engagement photo episode didn't JB and M drive past them and honk while they were doing the shoot? So I don't think it could be that day unless they were on their way to the airport.

But if they were on the way to the airport when the filming was happening and the seizure happened during the filming, wouldn't they have been able to turn around and get home or meet them at the hospital?

One thing I noticed was that Jana was very panicky-- too panicky, if you ask me, for someone with supposed EMT training. Of course, if my sister was seizing, I would panic too, but I never was a volunteer firefighter and doula and whatever else the Duggars say Jana does. Also, why was Jessa there, isn't she off and being married? Did she drop what she was doing to help? What was Amy's mom doing there too? Overall, I am glad that Josie is OK and I hope that she is getting the medical help that she needs!

You know, I've had my doubts about the first responder thing for quite a while; JD seems to have taken it much further than Jill and Jana did. We still hear about him answering calls from time to time, I think, but the girls haven't mentioned first responder activities in a long time. I don't think they kept up with it.

But if they were on the way to the airport when the filming was happening and the seizure happened during the filming, wouldn't they have been able to turn around and get home or meet them at the hospital?

Or if they moved time again and they re shot the scene after boob and michelle came back. I think that it was some time in august/september. The kids are wearing very light clothes and theres no sign of jackets anywhere.

We know it wasnt anytime near the Wallers "gender reveal" party because Jana was there for that and there was no hint of J'chelle and Boob being present for that. My guess is some form of Gothard meeting.

Normal people would turn around, but we know the boobs have pretty fucked up priorities. If Josie seizes once a year or so, and if Diastat has been helpful in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if these two decided that their Chicago meeting was important enough, and Jana was responsible enough, for them to not turn around. I hate these fucking people.

I agree that josie's seizure probably was on the same day as when the engagement pictures where taken, because Jessa is wearing the same clothes and the trees where full with leeves.

Do we know how long after events they film the talking heads? I was always under the impression that's it's some time after the day-to-day footage is shot, not the same day or even the same week. Like, they get all the footage they need, organize and edit it by storyline for each episode, and then they do the talking heads to bring it all together?

EMT training is like any other skill--use it or lose it. A single course several years ago means nothing if you're not actually using those skills regularly. It's why even doctors and other medical personnel who do CPR regularly still have to get recertified every couple of years. Just like the doula thing, Jana did first-responder training for something to do on camera that's vaguely interesting without being interested in it personally and zero intention to do anything with that training. At this point, it's like she never took the course at all. I'm not at all surprised that she panicked over Josie's seizure--not only because it was a scary situation, but because she has no qualifications to handle a medical emergency.

I don't think Jana was ever really interested in EMT or doula training at all, or at least only mildly. She was an accountability partner for JD and Jill. Children, which means teen males and unmarried woman of all ages, are not allowed to do anything outside the house unless they are accompanied by a partner.

Once JD was old enough to go out on his own and Jill got married, Jana didn't need to be involved in those things anymore. She was free to spend all her time raising J'Chelle's kids.

I think JD was the one in EMT training with her. If it was another male I'm sorry for the error. I don't care enough to look it up.

I agree that josie's seizure probably was on the same day as when the engagement pictures where taken, because Jessa is wearing the same clothes and the trees where full with leeves.

But wouldn't/shouldn't JB&M have been present for the proposal? I don't watch the show, so I don't know if they were in town for that.

Josh's trip to the Chicago area (which we know Jana was in tow for atleast a portion of), was around August 24th.

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/ne ... p?id=66772

Jessa was engaged on Thursday, August 14th.

Since we know that Jana flew to DC to help Smuggar with the drive, that would leave any time between 8/15-16 to the 19th or 20th if we think they actually took the pictures close in time to the engagement.

Of course, if it were early september (my best guess) that would free up the time frame.

Or if they moved time again and they re shot the scene after boob and michelle came back. I think that it was some time in august/september. The kids are wearing very light clothes and theres no sign of jackets anywhere.

We know it wasnt anytime near the Wallers "gender reveal" party because Jana was there for that and there was no hint of J'chelle and Boob being present for that. My guess is some form of Gothard meeting.

I completely agree, I bet it was a Gothard meeting. I was trying to look at pecan thief's blog to see if there is a clue. Sometime in Sept/Oct Priss and Davey went on "A Family Connections Tour" the blog posting by the same name shows them at the Duggars house at some point but that doesn't mean JB and J'M didn't go to Gothard HQ to send off all the little missionaries. The bummer part of the blog post is the link to the schedule (which goes back to IBLP/ATI website) is no longer available. davidlovespriscilla.com/2014/10/03/a-family-connection-tour/

The beginning of their blog post - bolding mine

God has blessed us once again with a special opportunity to travel all across the country to encourage families to center their lives around their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ through His Word. By the time we are finished with our travels we will have driven over 12000 miles and preached at over 30 meetings. In many ways, God has blessed us more than we have blessed others. We just want to highlight a few of the special times we have had traveling as a family. For a full listing of what we are doing, check out the website that lists our stops.

I completely agree, I bet it was a Gothard meeting. I was trying to look at pecan thief's blog to see if there is a clue. Sometime in Sept/Oct Priss and Davey went on "A Family Connections Tour" the blog posting by the same name shows them at the Duggars house at some point but that doesn't mean JB and J'M didn't go to Gothard HQ to send off all the little missionaries. The bummer part of the blog post is the link to the schedule (which goes back to IBLP/ATI website) is no longer available. davidlovespriscilla.com/2014/10/03/a-family-connection-tour/

The beginning of their blog post - bolding mine

I found it on the wayback machine, captured September 3, 2014: http://web.archive.org/web/201409030045 ... onnection/

In selected cities throughout the U.S., a team of ATI staff will be hosting Saturday "Family Connection" events with encouraging messages and rich fellowship. Our simple objective is to help strengthen families in their walk with the Lord and their love for His Word.

(snipped blurbs about the speakers--no one we discuss is a speaker, that I can tell)

Location Date Sign Up

Oak Brook, IL August 23 Completed

Nashville, TN August 30 Completed

Oklahoma City, OK September 6

Dallas, TX September 13

San Jose, CA September 20

Denver, CO September 27

Atlanta, GA October 4

Orlando, FL October 11

Hershey, PA October 18

Minneapolis, MN October 25

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
The Pecan family and some Waller sibs run this show, apparently:
Family Connections Ministry Team:

David, Priscilla,and Paul Waller, Derrick Waller, Samuel Waller, Matthew Waller, Gabriel Cleator.

I knew Davey and Pris traveled a lot for work, but this is more intense than I imagined.

I found it on the wayback machine, captured September 3, 2014: http://web.archive.org/web/201409030045 ... onnection/

(snipped blurbs about the speakers--no one we discuss is a speaker, that I can tell)

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
The Pecan family and some Waller sibs run this show, apparently:

I knew Davey and Pris traveled a lot for work, but this is more intense than I imagined.

You rock!! Thanks!

Bummer that doesn't prove the JB J'M trip to Chicago unless Josie's incident took place on Aug 23. Does their town publish the emergency calls made for the day or week? The city closest to me publishes some of the emergency calls- address and call for - such as 123 Seasme St - assault; 227 Street - loitering, etc

I am more interested in knowing why and who JB and J'M meet with while in Chicago without chadults not the actual day that Josie had her seizure. Still betting it's gothard related.

Going back to the uproar over the word "glitch"--I don't see anything wrong with the term being used in a medical sense, considering the body is wired and basically a seizure is a sort of glitch in the system. HOWEVER the way Michelle said it in TH was oddly sickening and uncomfortable. Josie's little glitch...like she was trying to make the glitch sound sweet and...I'm not sure how to articulate the way it made me feel. It gave me weird vibes. :shrug:

I also thought it was funny that they blurred out her shorts but not her chest. Priorities, ya'll! Those defrauding sexual knees are inappropriate no matter how old a girl is.

According to Jessa's Twitter, engagement photos were taken around Aug. 18.

mobile.twitter.com/JessaSeewald/status/501472539093504000

Since they were published in People on Aug 22, that's probably a legit date for the photoshoot.

post-10516-14452000196178_thumb.jpg

Why exactly is glitch such a big deal to use? Aren't neurons of the brain an electrochemical system? Isn't a seizure a malfunction or glitch in whatever electrical region of the brain it stems from? At least according to The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke says that during an epileptic seizure, disturbances in the brain’s orderly flow of electrical signals are interrupted by abnormal electrical discharges. Depending on the area and pattern that was affected and which it spreads. Notably there are many different types of seizures, but they can be divided into two broad categories, which are, generalized and partial [seizures].

I felt awful for Jana. I would be horrified in her position. Probably would have a panic attack. Grandma Duggar was very unhelpful IMO.

I'll be honest: if anyone other than a Duggar called it a glitch, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Michelle dumbs down her speech all the time and I'm over it. Either she's stupid, or she thinks viewers are stupid. Or (new hypothesis because I hate TLC today) TLC thinks we're stupid/knows Free Jinger nitpicks and watches the show and creates buzz for the show, etc.

Seizure = glitch. Catch a baby. These two sound like she's probably repeating a doctor's phrasing, but I choose to believe Michelle is stupid, because she told a doctor her breast milk turned skim and the doctor wasn't having it. She is accustomed to saying stupid shit and being humored when she does.

I'll be honest: if anyone other than a Duggar called it a glitch, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Michelle dumbs down her speech all the time and I'm over it. Either she's stupid, or she thinks viewers are stupid. Or (new hypothesis because I hate TLC today) TLC thinks we're stupid/knows Free Jinger nitpicks and watches the show and creates buzz for the show, etc.

Seizure = glitch. Catch a baby. These two sound like she's probably repeating a doctor's phrasing, but I choose to believe Michelle is stupid, because she told a doctor her breast milk turned skim and the doctor wasn't having it. She is accustomed to saying stupid shit and being humored when she does.

I think a word is non-issue. Of course Michelle is an idiot, consider how she lives her life, what she does, and how many crotch fruit she's spawned.

You rock!! Thanks!

Bummer that doesn't prove the JB J'M trip to Chicago unless Josie's incident took place on Aug 23. Does their town publish the emergency calls made for the day or week? The city closest to me publishes some of the emergency calls- address and call for - such as 123 Seasme St - assault; 227 Street - loitering, etc

I am more interested in knowing why and who JB and J'M meet with while in Chicago without chadults not the actual day that Josie had her seizure. Still betting it's gothard related.

I'm interested in that, too. They are up to no good. (My tin foil hat is getting a lot of use lately! :D ) The IBLP events calendar has lots and lots of captures over the years, if anyone wants to examine them.

http://web.archive.org/web/201505010211 ... ti/events/

Going back to the uproar over the word "glitch"--I don't see anything wrong with the term being used in a medical sense, considering the body is wired and basically a seizure is a sort of glitch in the system. HOWEVER the way Michelle said it in TH was oddly sickening and uncomfortable. Josie's little glitch...like she was trying to make the glitch sound sweet and...I'm not sure how to articulate the way it made me feel. It gave me weird vibes. :shrug:

I also thought it was funny that they blurred out her shorts but not her chest. Priorities, ya'll! Those defrauding sexual knees are inappropriate no matter how old a girl is.

I agree - it's like she's trying to minimize it, which is hard to take so close to seeing Jana crying thinking Josie was dying. I think another issue is the way it's described as Josie's glitch, not a glitch in Josie's brain when she gets fevers. It's kind of along the lines of the "person first" way of describing people with disabilities. I can see Michelle saying it like that without thinking, so I find the minimization more upsetting but altogether it makes it an uncomfortable way of describing a health problem.

I agree - it's like she's trying to minimize it, which is hard to take so close to seeing Jana crying thinking Josie was dying. I think another issue is the way it's described as Josie's glitch, not a glitch in Josie's brain when she gets fevers. It's kind of along the lines of the "person first" way of describing people with disabilities. I can see Michelle saying it like that without thinking, so I find the minimization more upsetting but altogether it makes it an uncomfortable way of describing a health problem.

And of course, despite information to the contrary from some of us in a similar position to Josie, if a lot of people are determined to be offended by a word, one little word, then no amount of information or discussion will change their minds.

One positive thing I noticed: Josie was SO HAPPY to see J'Chelle and Boob return home. We all know J'Chelle has much been much more hands on with Josie than any of the kids younger than Jill or Jinger. I think Josie may be the only kid to have a real bond with J'Chelle.

That stuck out to me as well. Tonight I watched the first few original episodes when they finished the TTH, and Jackson, then Johannah, were born. I noticed a number of shots in which JChelle was shown giving the little kids physical expressions of love. I was surprised. Seems like she lost that somewhere along the way, or they just don't include that kind of footage anymore for some reason.

Oh and also, there was at least one front hug from JChelle to the interior designer. :o

But wouldn't/shouldn't JB&M have been present for the proposal? I don't watch the show, so I don't know if they were in town for that.

The proposal wasn't on the same day as when the engagement pictures were taken. They were present for the proposal.

It could be wrong, but the episode description on my cable channel said the medical emergency with Josie was 2 months ago. However, that may not be accurate, IDK.

Archived