IGNORED

John David and Abbie 10: Selling Clothes on Poshmark to Make Ends Meet

nelliebelle1197

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is we do stop using it in the summer. But it always comes back eventually. So we start up the Selsun blue again. Selsun blue was the only thing that got rid of my son’s heinous case of cradle cap. He’s the one with terrible dandruff now at 11.

Try the medicated shampoo! I really think you'll see a difference. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, viii said:

Try the medicated shampoo! I really think you'll see a difference. 

I’ll order it off of Amazon. Thank Bezos for the almighty Amazon 🤪 it has everything.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2024 at 7:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is we do stop using it in the summer. But it always comes back eventually. So we start up the Selsun blue again. Selsun blue was the only thing that got rid of my son’s heinous case of cradle cap. He’s the one with terrible dandruff now at 11.

The most likely cause for dandruff is you don't suffer from chronic illnesses like psoriasis is dry skin on your scalp. If you have dry skin in general, your scalp will have that, too and you can't use lotion like on the rest of your body. The usual stuff marketed against dandruff is very aggressive and will likely dry your skin further and make the problem worse instead of helping you. And during the cold weather when you will wear a hat going outdoors, will make it also worse. To get relief is to use very mild cleaning products like baby shampoos who won't further dry out the skin and if it is really bad and itchy, use a moisturing tonic on the head. You apply it after hair washing and it will stay on the skin like the lotion you apply after showering. What helped me a good deal was using this tonic after hair washing https://www.linola.com/en-de/lotions-shampoos-co/details/product/linola-forte-scalp-tonic . After a few weeks I saw a real difference with my dandruff almost completly gone and no more itchyness due to dry skin. 

• Upvote 4

Ugh, monat is so terrible.  And MLMs in general are terrible.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I have never heard of Monat; what exactly is it? 

It's a haircare (and some beauty now) multi-level marketing company called Modern Nature. You pay to get your starter kit and then sell directly to consumers. But the only way to make money is to recruit a team below you. In order to get paid for your sales or your recruits sales, you have to meet minimum volume amounts. Monat is most known for shampoo and hair serums which are extremely expensive. They also have a long record of causing hair loss or damage. Monat got in some trouble in Florida for the way they were operating with illegal income claims. CC Suarez on Youtube has some good deep dives on Monat if you're interested. 

• Thank You 13

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2024 at 11:21 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ll order it off of Amazon. Thank Bezos for the almighty Amazon 🤪 it has everything.

I'm reading this thread late, but perfectly on time for an update. In the last five minutes I've become oddly invested in your son's scalp. Did it help? I have oily hair, but I also have curly hair (it looks just like Abby's before monat tbh) so I've gone through my share of hair drama.

My recently learned hair trick? Contrary to allllll of the advice for curly hair: do the wash, rinse, repeat thing. All of the curly advice you'll find is for the prototypical dry curly hair... Oily curly girlies have to play by different rules.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I'm reading this thread late, but perfectly on time for an update. In the last five minutes I've become oddly invested in your son's scalp. Did it help? I have oily hair, but I also have curly hair (it looks just like Abby's before monat tbh) so I've gone through my share of hair drama.

My recently learned hair trick? Contrary to allllll of the advice for curly hair: do the wash, rinse, repeat thing. All of the curly advice you'll find is for the prototypical dry curly hair... Oily curly girlies have to play by different rules.

It did actually help. His dandruff is better. So I think that’s the dandruff shampoo we will use from now on. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It did actually help. His dandruff is better. So I think that’s the dandruff shampoo we will use from now on. 

Yay!! I’m so glad it’s helped! 

• Upvote 7

John and Abbie got to take a short vacation (sans kids, good for them) to Cabo San Lucas, MX, allegedly because John was flying a client there & invited John to bring Abbie.

I liked this pic of sunrise yoga that their resort, because when I was a  kid in small town Appalachia, lots of conservative Christians I knew (and this continued in college) were anti-yoga because they thought it was too Hindu (i.e. "pagan" in their eyes). I guess times have changed.

image.png.cbd0df4d18e24f6a30b8136b7825711d.png

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 5

I think these 2 have a solid, realistic marriage. Of course they were older when they wed and Abbie did work for a bit beforehand. They are training for a 5K and appear healthy and happy. Good for them. It’s nice to see a more mainstream couple produced from the whole Duggar debacle. From what they show us, they seem functional and happy. I’m sure the fact that they are early (and mid for him) 30s and don’t have 12 kids and counting, helps, greatly! The younger siblings should take note-

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8

Several yoga studios now in my small Appalachian town.  Fortunately!!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

On 3/24/2024 at 1:35 AM, SassyPants said:

I think these 2 have a solid, realistic marriage. Of course they were older when they wed and Abbie did work for a bit beforehand. They are training for a 5K and appear healthy and happy. Good for them. It’s nice to see a more mainstream couple produced from the whole Duggar debacle. From what they show us, they seem functional and happy. I’m sure the fact that they are early (and mid for him) 30s and don’t have 12 kids and counting, helps, greatly! The younger siblings should take note-

Agreed. I think JD is likely still really close to his family - but doesn't seem to need to have them all up in his business (like when he started dating Abbie and no one knew (could have been staged but - I do respect him for just going under the radar and doing something adult without all the other business). And he did genuinely seem smitten with her (and vice versa) from the beginning. The other couples do the fundie stare or the "puff out their chest" for the guys - but those two seem to genuinely LIKE each other. Good for them.

• Upvote 19

JD seemed to escape a few things due to his birth order and gender. He wasn’t “first born son” so he could fly a little under the radar. Still, he was old enough among his siblings to carry some clout. As a male, he had more autonomy and was less controlled by JB than his sisters. Plus, the older girls did all the child rearing and housework so what was JD really responsible for while growing up? His life wasn’t constantly taking care of younger siblings, household chores or worrying if his clothing was modest enough. He probably actually had time to consider and develop his own ideas about what he wanted for himself when he grew up. He apparently ddin’t have a problem saying no to the status-quiverful-quo.

I get JD and Joe mixed up sometimes. But they seemed to have married different type of women. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, Cam said:

I get JD and Joe mixed up sometimes. But they seemed to have married different type of women. 

Possibly too because JD was so much older than Joe when they got married. I don't remember their ages but it seemed like Joe was a kid and JD - had he not been a Duggar - would have had a house, car, job, friends, maybe a fishing boat etc. Joe would have been in school maybe? Maybe with an apartment... two different stages in life.

• Upvote 12

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason the Google feed on my phone thinks it's 2018 again

Spoiler

Screenshot_2024-04-13-09-54-19-00_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.thumb.jpg.2c6272c4406d5e26653a8731b48612a0.jpg

• Haha 8

On 4/13/2024 at 10:00 AM, GriftersGonnaGrift said:

For some reason the Google feed on my phone thinks it's 2018 again

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2024-04-13-09-54-19-00_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.thumb.jpg.2c6272c4406d5e26653a8731b48612a0.jpg

Arizona has been transported to 1864, so be careful!!!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, gustava said:

Arizona has been transported to 1864, so be careful!!!

Omg, for real. I wonder if this means they'll be reverting to enslavement and coverture and the one-drop rule too. Because you know they want to do all those things.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Omg, for real. I wonder if this means they'll be reverting to enslavement and coverture and the one-drop rule too. Because you know they want to do all those things.

I think someone should pull out a list of 1864 laws still on the book there and start reporting people for it. "You took the lords name in vain on a Sunday!" or "no wearing suspenders" or "no spitting on side walks" whatever ridiculousness. Just to show people "look - these laws are this old and we've moved PAST it..." (but the weirdos would probably love it.

Edited by Meggo
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4