IGNORED

John David and Abbie 10: Selling Clothes on Poshmark to Make Ends Meet

nelliebelle1197

I can't explain it in any way, but the candy hearts are my favorite. Not the stupid new ones that got rid of the chalky texture and "refreshed" the flavors. No, give me the chalky, original,  traditional ones. Mmm. I could eat a whole bag. I don't know why I like them but despise Tums.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

On 2/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, Mama Mia said:

I am as cheap as a Duggar used to be, and love chocolate, so I do really like the day after Valentine's Candy sales.  😅

[snip]

In early February many people bemoan the impending VD (Valentine's Day) and not being able to participate because they don't have a Valentine. I always tell them to ignore February 14th and focus on observing February 15th - Half Priced Chocolate Day! 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

12 minutes ago, shesinsane said:

In early February many people bemoan the impending VD (Valentine's Day) and not being able to participate because they don't have a Valentine. I always tell them to ignore February 14th and focus on observing February 15th - Half Priced Chocolate Day! 

I like the way you think!

1 hour ago, Mrs. Kravitz said:

I can't explain it in any way, but the candy hearts are my favorite. Not the stupid new ones that got rid of the chalky texture and "refreshed" the flavors. No, give me the chalky, original,  traditional ones. Mmm. I could eat a whole bag. I don't know why I like them but despise Tums.

I get it.  I mean I don't get enjoying candy that tastes like globs of paste, but liking weird candy.

I miss tootsie rolls.   I also sometimes miss this coconut rectangle thing that was pink, white and brown striped.  My mom used to get it from those bins they used to have at the grocery stores and I have no idea what they're called.

Should have googled.  They are both yummy and gross, do they still make these?

63e1e16f8f2c2b04f659fe536c605254--coconut-candy-sundaes.jpg

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I think they might be called Neapolitan’s. 

I buy candy for everyone. Throw that shit around, spread love. When I worked in a hospital emergency room I loved to have put a bowl of candy and count how many people said, exactly, “ooh! Candy!” before leaving with a piece. It was like a stupid human trick, but a win/win. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I much prefer Galentine’s day over Valentine’s Day. And I’m married! I see my husband every day. I hardly ever get to see my girlfriends. So it’s better.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Bastet said:

When it comes to cheap candy, nothing beats candy corn in my view. I could make myself sick on them. 

Now I'm craving sugar.  If I break down and make brownies I'm blaming you all.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

I worked at a pizza place and the boss INSISTED on writing "Happy VD" on the changeable letter sign out front.  I remember walking in and he yelled "Hey Guinea Pig! Happy VD!" across the restaurant at me.  So awkward. 😕

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I get it.  I mean I don't get enjoying candy that tastes like globs of paste, but liking weird candy.

I miss tootsie rolls.   I also sometimes miss this coconut rectangle thing that was pink, white and brown striped.  My mom used to get it from those bins they used to have at the grocery stores and I have no idea what they're called.

There called Coconut ice in the UK and are sickening for sure. 

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

do they still make these?

Sad to report Brach's doesn't.  They are called Neopolitan Coconut Candy and there are other versions. You might find them at the Vermont Country Store or on Amazon.

• Thank You 5

Ummm…. The coconut Neapolitan’s, candy corn AND the candy hearts are all some of my favorites.  That and black jelly beans. I feel ashamed. Hungry, and like I should drop a bunch of money on the worst candies. But ashamed lol

• Haha 12

57 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Ummm…. The coconut Neapolitan’s, candy corn AND the candy hearts are all some of my favorites.  That and black jelly beans. I feel ashamed. Hungry, and like I should drop a bunch of money on the worst candies. But ashamed lol

We can go trick or treating together anytime,  Mama Mia. 100% drama free candy trades. 

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I’m with you on the black jellybeans. Also black jujubes, black liquorice ice cream etc. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I used to get those at the grocery store... Our store had a bulk candy section, with a box you dropped a dime in for a sample, and my mom used to let my sister and I get a piece when we went shopping.... That's a memory I didn't know I forgot :)

• Love 12

On 2/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, WiseGirl said:

Sad to report Brach's doesn't.  They are called Neopolitan Coconut Candy and there are other versions. You might find them at the Vermont Country Store or on Amazon.

I will confess that I stole a piece or two of this particular candy when I was perhaps 6 or 7 years old.  It was soooo tempting, just right within reach in an open bin at the check out counter.  My mom would be distracted with putting the groceries on the counter to be rung up and my sly self would pocket a piece of candy (to be surreptitiously eaten on the way home - no fear my mom would notice because she always kept both hands on the wheel and her eyes firmly fixed on the road ahead).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:54 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Coconut, no thank you! But yes, please to the Tootsie Rolls. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 2/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I love those! There is a candy bar I have had that is the same concept. I can't recall the name but you can find it in dedicated candy stores that sell hard to find candy. 

Found them.... Candy Farm 3 Color coconut. Amazon has them. 

https://www.amazon.com/Old-Fashioned-Coconut-Slice-Bars-24ct/dp/B01MQP1RLX/ref=asc_df_B01MQP1RLX/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312148213378&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15599451957294362399&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021604&hvtargid=pla-568438684922&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=68995776624&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312148213378&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15599451957294362399&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021604&hvtargid=pla-568438684922

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 months later...

Gabrielle Patton has been posting photos to Instagram of her recent vow renewal, where Anna, Joy, and Abbie were bridesmaids. She's gone private so I won't post them here, but screenshots have been uploaded to Reddit and Abbie looks pregnant in them (second photo).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

Gabrielle Patton has been posting photos to Instagram of her recent vow renewal, where Anna, Joy, and Abbie were bridesmaids. She's gone private so I won't post them here, but screenshots have been uploaded to Reddit and Abbie looks pregnant in them (second photo).

It always fascinates me to see which combinations of Duggar’s are friends with outside folk. Like how did Lauren end up at the Nathan ? Bates and Pest jailer weddings? Joy and Abbie hanging out so much seems kind of strange at first thought - doesn’t seem like JD and much younger Joy would have bonded much - but JD and Austin I can see being buddies, and the 4 of them liking similar outdoorsy things - but how the f does Anna play into that? I’m so nosy! 

• Upvote 5

52 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

It always fascinates me to see which combinations of Duggar’s are friends with outside folk. Like how did Lauren end up at the Nathan ? Bates and Pest jailer weddings? Joy and Abbie hanging out so much seems kind of strange at first thought - doesn’t seem like JD and much younger Joy would have bonded much - but JD and Austin I can see being buddies, and the 4 of them liking similar outdoorsy things - but how the f does Anna play into that? I’m so nosy! 

I bet a lot of it depends on how close they live to each other, whether they attend the same church, and how close in age their kids are. If you're neighbors with someone or see them at church multiple times a week (they all seem to go on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings) then you're more likely to make plans and have playdates.

• Upvote 11

There's also a third photo posted later which shows- horror of horror- Joy and Austin dancing- to quote " the best DJ ever!"

Perhaps someone slipped a half bottle of vodka in the punch

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think part of it is the husbands as well. If my husband gets along well with the husband of a friend of mine, we hang out more as a group. 

• Upvote 6

Per Reddit, the dancing started after JB, M and Anna left.  Reddit further speculated the crowd dancing with the DJ was either doing the Cupid Shuffle or the Cha-Cha Slide.  

• Upvote 2