IGNORED

Katie and Travis 6: Maturing Faster than Carlin

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m glad I have boys. I didn’t really care either way when I was pregnant. But now that I have them, I’m so glad. Because I never realized how much trauma I had surrounding being female in our culture until I was older. I think I would fuck up at being a parent of a girl because of it. The trauma I am talking about is fairly personal but in general it’s sexual harassment, bullying, discrimination, stuff like that.

It is terrifying to raise a girl in the US right now with their rights being stripped away by the government. Absolutely terrifying. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

Whose house is this?

Someone in the Bates clan has a Rufus 2!

20240511_154014.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

I’m guessing that this is at Travis’s parents’ house. It makes sense that they would have either their own recording equipment or Travis’s equipment from his house. They went up earlier this week. Travis and his family are hunters. 

DEAD ANIMAL ALERT: Don’t open the spoiler if you don’t like to see freshly killed deer.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4c35c820ffeaa849db749c0a80384304.png

Edited by JDuggs
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 9:39 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

. . . .

That said: on the whole, the video was cute, well done, and the reveal itself was very classy.

Much classier than the sperm brothers swimming to the egg balloons. . . .

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Tiffany and Lawson's gender reveal made me appreciate that Katie and Travis took a more low-key approach.

• Upvote 6

Katie and Travis' gender reveal was one of the best ones I've seen.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

I have stopped looking at fundie social media, what did they do for their reveal?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I have stopped looking at fundie social media, what did they do for their reveal?

they stood in front of each other with eyes closed and someone came up behind travis and gave him flowers wrapped in blue paper and he presented them to Katie and that's how they found out, but they literally did it right before Tiffany's baby shower so they kind of stole her thunder

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

they stood in front of each other with eyes closed and someone came up behind travis and gave him flowers wrapped in blue paper and he presented them to Katie and that's how they found out, but they literally did it right before Tiffany's baby shower so they kind of stole her thunder

Yeah, Travis kind of had an "oh shit" kind of reaction when everyone started showing up. I think him & Katie weren't planning on saying anything because the reveal was supposed to be totally done before people started showing up for the shower. Not sure how they were going to do it, Group text? Maybe send the video of the actual reveal to everyone? I just don't get that they were planning on telling them while they were still in the parking lot at the shower.

ETA: I bet Katie was banking on her parents being late because they tend to be late for stuff. 🤣

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Yeah, Travis kind of had an "oh shit" kind of reaction when everyone started showing up. I think him & Katie weren't planning on saying anything because the reveal was supposed to be totally done before people started showing up for the shower. Not sure how they were going to do it, Group text? Maybe send the video of the actual reveal to everyone? I just don't get that they were planning on telling them while they were still in the parking lot at the shower.

ETA: I bet Katie was banking on her parents being late because they tend to be late for stuff. 🤣

I dont know why they decided to do it then. they had to get a profesional photographer and everything so it probably could have been earlier in the day or another time.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

Not to beat a dead. . . horse but you have to compare K&T's first gender reveal to L&T's first gender reveal. I'm never going to get over the swimming sperm. I just can't.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I dont know why they decided to do it then. they had to get a profesional photographer and everything so it probably could have been earlier in the day or another time.

The "professional" photographer was Evan Stewart. Carlin was the one with the baby's sex envelope and bought the flowers. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 3

This Christmas was the first one without my mil, who died suddenly in October. Our oldest is having the first great-grandchild, and so she told everyone the sex of her baby at our big Christmas get together with her grandfather, us, all of her aunts and uncles and cousins. She had bought cookies that either had blue or pink m&m's in them, and let the youngest cousin take the bit and then turn around and tell everyone. It was cute and made a bittersweet day a little less sad. She also told everyone the middle name was her Grandma's middle name, so that was sweet. That's about as exciting as a sex reveal should be, imo. When I was having babies in the late 90's/00's, we just picked up the phone and said "it's a girl!" 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

I didn’t find out the sex either time and I basically pissed everyone off by doing that. Which was entertaining. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3

Posted (edited)

I don’t have kids but if I did I would want to know the gender before hand. Mostly because I hate surprises. I don’t think I would do a gender reveal though. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I look at it as a surprise no matter when you find out.  That's why the we wanted to be surprised makes no sense to me.  It's just as new info to you whenever you get it.  I think they mean they want the delivering person's announcement.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

We had three girls, but the middle one wasn't positioned in a way to tell her sex during the one ultrasound I had, so she was a surprise. The other two, we knew. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I didn’t find out the sex either time and I basically pissed everyone off by doing that. Which was entertaining. 

I only have one kid, but same! It didn’t matter to me what the sex was, a baby is a baby! We plan on doing the same thing for any future kids.

• Upvote 2

I think having a baby is full of surprises. I had many. Not just the sex. I had no idea what they would look like since they always covered their face during ultrasounds. I didn’t know what their hair color would be. I didn’t know what they would weigh. I didn’t even know what their birth dates would be. I wasn’t induced either time. I just went into labor when I my body said so. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think having a baby is full of surprises. I had many. Not just the sex. I had no idea what they would look like since they always covered their face during ultrasounds. I didn’t know what their hair color would be. I didn’t know what they would weigh. I didn’t even know what their birth dates would be. I wasn’t induced either time. I just went into labor when I my body said so. 

you didn't even know what month or time frame you were due. Like eatery October or fall or close to christmas. unless ur being induced most people dont know the exact day just a week or two period the baby could be born.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

you didn't even know what month or time frame you were due. Like eatery October or fall or close to christmas. unless ur being induced most people dont know the exact day just a week or two period the baby could be born.

My second came a few days early and he came very quickly. So he was a big surprise. That was the biggest surprise of all.

• Upvote 1

I always wished I had it in me to wait until delivery to find out what I was having, and I did briefly consider it with my second, but ultimately I just am too much of a planner!  Primarily because I saved ALLLLL the clothes from my first (a boy), and was ready to start purging if my second was a girl. And before anyone comes for me, yes I know either gender can wear either clothes...but half the fun of having babies is picking out sweet clothes. We wear lots of traditional southern clothes, so I definitely needed to stock up for a girl!

I fully admit I was disappointed when I found out my first was a boy. I felt deep down he was a boy, but ALL my friends had girls and it's just what we were surrounded by. The disappointment lasted about 30 minutes, and by the time I made it home from the OB office I was already online shopping for sweet boy clothes. I love my boy so much that when I was pregnant with my second I wanted another boy, but actually thought I was having a girl because the pregnancy was so different. When we found out #2 was also a boy I was super shocked. There was a very slight pang of "oh man, this is definitely our last and so I will never get to have a girl" but definitely not enough to ever make me have a third. 😆

People love to comment about are we going to try for that girl. I'm over here happy with my boys because I keep reminding myself that my boys might be wild AF right now as littles, but it should hopefully even out as they get older while my friends with teen girls are dealing with alllll the drama right now.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 2

On 5/22/2024 at 1:08 AM, LillyP said:

I fully admit I was disappointed when I found out my first was a boy. I felt deep down he was a boy, but ALL my friends had girls and it's just what we were surrounded by. The disappointment lasted about 30 minutes, and by the time I made it home from the OB office I was already online shopping for sweet boy clothes. 

I have the same experience with our first-born, a boy. We debated whether we would find out the sex or not, but ended up doing so about half-way into the pregnancy. For me it was good to have time to adjust to having a boy. It does not mean I love my son any less. With the second pregnancy we also found out and it turned out to be a girl. The third time around we did not find out and I must say that it is really something special to learn the sex at the delivery. I was almost certain we would have a boy, but it was a girl and somehow it was immediately like "Of course it's a girl!". 

Anyway, I think it is okay to wish for a boy or a girl, but knowing it is impossible to chose in advance, if you welcome a pregnancy you should of course also be prepared to welcome any outcome. Also twins if that would be the case.

• Upvote 9

• 4 weeks later...

Latest video - I confess I didn't watch it all because I couldn't handle much more of them. 

They discussed possible baby names. One is Cash. Do they not see the irony as "influencers?" Maybe they should consider a middle name of Cow or Grab.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9