IGNORED

M is for Mama 18

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie posted this the other day. Which is a lie because she uses something to space her pregnancies. 

D5BDBEC6-F80B-4D90-A83C-F9FE9BF2A7A6.jpeg

I wouldn't call that a lie. If she found out she's pregnant, she would probably go through with the pregnancy.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I wouldn't call that a lie. If she found out she's pregnant, she would probably go through with the pregnancy.  

It’s misleading. She acts like she’s quiverful but she’s not. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

It's misleading because she's not grateful. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

The infertility support group I went to years ago was Christian. Several of the women who had pursued IVF also believed discarding embryos went against their pro life values. They would talk about “compassionate transfers,” which means transferring an embryo during a time in your cycle when your uterus is not compatible with implementation and not doing the typical meds to support the transfer. The idea here being that if god really wanted, he could make sure the embryo implants and you are giving it a chance, not technically discarding it. (To their credit, no one said anything to me when i shared I was doing genetic testing of embryos and would use that to choose which embryos not to use. It’s messy and personal)

Anyway, that is the way I see Abbie being open to more kids. God could make the condom break or throw off your ovulation cycle or make sure pre-ejaculate semen has sperm in it. You haven’t tied your tubes and you’re still having sex, so technically it could happen. 

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

The infertility support group I went to years ago was Christian. Several of the women who had pursued IVF also believed discarding embryos went against their pro life values. They would talk about “compassionate transfers,” which means transferring an embryo during a time in your cycle when your uterus is not compatible with implementation and not doing the typical meds to support the transfer. The idea here being that if god really wanted, he could make sure the embryo implants and you are giving it a chance, not technically discarding it. (To their credit, no one said anything to me when i shared I was doing genetic testing of embryos and would use that to choose which embryos not to use. It’s messy and personal)

Anyway, that is the way I see Abbie being open to more kids. God could make the condom break or throw off your ovulation cycle or make sure pre-ejaculate semen has sperm in it. You haven’t tied your tubes and you’re still having sex, so technically it could happen. 

She thinks she’s being unique and special by saying that but I can’t tell you how many women I know who would not abort if they got pregnant even though they were preventing. Almost every type of birth control measure has a failure rate. Some are as high as 10% and some are very low like .5%. But those people may still be open to the lord giving them another baby. Knowing it’s extremely unlikely they will actually get pregnant. 

• Upvote 9

Spoiler

IMG_7109.thumb.png.82b62e4d42922537367ac520fec516b3.pngIMG_7110.thumb.png.c7e8aa40ab07b5173605d84e94b97fa8.pngIMG_7109.thumb.png.82b62e4d42922537367ac520fec516b3.png

This is weird. I used to love roller coasters, but I’ve had damage to my ears and lots of vertigo and syncope in the past couple decades. It’s so weird to conflate “like your kids and have fun with them” with “suffer through roller coasters and god will take care of you.

IMG_7111.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • WTF 6

38 minutes ago, theotherelise said:
  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_7109.thumb.png.82b62e4d42922537367ac520fec516b3.pngIMG_7110.thumb.png.c7e8aa40ab07b5173605d84e94b97fa8.pngIMG_7109.thumb.png.82b62e4d42922537367ac520fec516b3.png

This is weird. I used to love roller coasters, but I’ve had damage to my ears and lots of vertigo and syncope in the past couple decades. It’s so weird to conflate “like your kids and have fun with them” with “suffer through roller coasters and god will take care of you.

IMG_7111.png

Yeah, I’m not going on roller coasters with my kids. But I will take them to a place with coasters. 

• Upvote 12

38 minutes ago, theotherelise said:
  Hide contents

IMG_7111.png

Wow. Braggie really has the Mommy Martyr role down, doesn't she? 

• Upvote 16

Just now, Giraffe said:

Wow. Braggie really has the Mommy Martyr role down, doesn't she? 

She’s not a regular mom. She’s a cool mom!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

A cool and rad mom.

Who will remind her children forever and ever about that one time she went on the roller coaster with them even though it was agony for her. She tried so hard. It wasn't easy for her. But Jesus, who loves her the most and the best of all because she's a shiny sparkly super cool rad Christian martyr mom, was with her.

So she lived to tell the tale (forever and ever) of "The One Time Mom Went on the Roller Coaster with the Kids Even Though it was Agony for Her (but Jesus was with Her)".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Who will remind her children forever and ever about that one time she went on the roller coaster with them even though it was agony for her.

I hope they'll tell her a super cool rad mom wouldn't have struggled on a rollercoaster fit for toddlers.

(Nothing wrong with not liking rollercoasters, but as a grown-ass adult you either go on them - and maybe make fun of your own reaction - or you don't. You don't go on them and then complain about how hard your life is.)

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

Once again, this seems to be a case of asking your deity to micromanage your life.  It's not as if He's busy with children dying of cancer or sorting out a famine.  Nope.  He's over making sure Abbie doesn't embarrass herself on a roller coaster.  SMH

• Upvote 13

Posted (edited)

This is only because the Christian books are absolute crap. There are so many terrible Christian books out out every week. Many are terrible quality, boring, or just plain bad. She thinks this proves she is an amazing book writer. No. She’s just mediocre in a sea of garbage. Plus it’s on sale right now.

8D974794-F109-44A1-8C17-CE1E924EFDCC.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 11

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is only because the Christian books are absolute crap. There are so many terrible Christian books out out every week. Many are terrible quality, boring, or just plain bad. She thinks this proves she is an amazing book writer. No. She’s just mediocre in a sea of garbage.plus it’s on sale right now.

Oh gods that'll make her even worse. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Please Rufus, don't let her write another book. Please please, pretty please. She's smug and self-satisfied and self-centered as it is

She's one step from narcissist, maybe only a half-step. No one deserves Braggie the Narcissist.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is only because the Christian books are absolute crap. There are so many terrible Christian books out out every week. Many are terrible quality, boring, or just plain bad. She thinks this proves she is an amazing book writer. No. She’s just mediocre in a sea of garbage. Plus it’s on sale right now.

It's not even all Christian books. It's the number 1 book for "Christian Family & Relationships".  That's such a niche genre. 

• Upvote 9

I was here to say, being number one in a category on Amazon is not that big a deal. I'm a slinger of romance books on Amazon (all LGBTQ, which Abbie would LOVE), and I've hit #1 seven times. I solemnly swear that I am a teeny-tiny fish in the Amazon pond. Like, plankton-level. Like other commenters have said, it's easy when the book is on promo, even in bigger categories. It's a super disingenuous brag meant to impress people who don't know better about how those algorithms works.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 9

Yet another trip. She’s just like Jill Rod in this way. She never wants to be home with her kids. 

78E117B4-0DC7-4518-B7AF-B16A38C22EDC.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 3

Taking a trip for your anniversary is nice. Doing it every year is a bit much, but hey if you have the money and no kids... why not? A trip that requires air travel for your random 19th anniversary when you have 10 kids? That's weird. Even more so if those kids aren't invited. Of course it's important to have time as a couple but fundies are the ones who keep saying marriage is about conceiving and birthing kids so how are the kids not part of that marriage you're celebrating the anniversary of?

• Upvote 22

3 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

Taking a trip for your anniversary is nice. Doing it every year is a bit much, but hey if you have the money and no kids... why not? A trip that requires air travel for your random 19th anniversary when you have 10 kids? That's weird. Even more so if those kids aren't invited. Of course it's important to have time as a couple but fundies are the ones who keep saying marriage is about conceiving and birthing kids so how are the kids not part of that marriage you're celebrating the anniversary of?

My husband and I don’t take trips for our anniversary. We usually just go out for an evening and that’s it. Our anniversary is on our child’s birthday so it’s often forgotten that day! We are too busy focusing on our child. But Braggie wouldn’t know anything about that.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Our anniversary is today and both of us completely forgot until my mother-in-law sent a “happy anniversary” test this morning. 🙈 But you know, we have two little kids we actually parent.

We love to travel and have managed to go on a trip (long weekend at an Airbnb two hours from home) for our anniversary exactly once in 8 years. Before we had kids. Maybe in two years for our 10th we’ll make a kid-free trip happen. But if not, that’s okay too. Unlike Braggie, I don’t plan on having little kids I fail to parent for 20 years straight, so I know this is just the season we’re in right now. :) 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 7

14 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

fundies are the ones who keep saying marriage is about conceiving and birthing kids so how are the kids not part of that marriage you're celebrating the anniversary of?

So much of this - the trips, the constant gushing about blessedness and how they wouldn't have it any other way - feels like fake it till you make it. Which for a lot of them won't ever happen.

• Upvote 8

They're in Edinburgh, Scotland.  Abbie is just too special for a dinner out for her 19th anniversary.  She had to go to Europe!  

I understand that they have the money to travel but didn't their son just turn 18?  Couldn't they have planned a special trip or party for him?  I guess that Braggie couldn't have felt like the jet-setting influencer that she thinks she is if she had to stay home. 

Argh!

• Upvote 6
  • Angry 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 3

Yep. Her oldest turned 18 on the 24th and she immediately left the country. Presumably leaving him a lot of the childcare along with her mom and the other oldest siblings. Happy birthday Ezra! Your mom sucks!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

Posted (edited)

I wonder how Abbie feels about having an adult son. On the one hand, it's one kid raised. On the other hand, it might make her feel old. She seems like someone who doesn't want to be old. Maybe it's part of the reason for the trip. 

Then again if he went to school, his graduation would be right around the corner. Is he graduating from anything? Will they do anything to mark his new season of life? Is he now old enough to court? 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 3