IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

that's interesting since Josh posted a video yesterday on Instagram of Uncle Siah playing frisbee with his kids. So are they still in Ark or are they in Big Sandy. If in Big Sandy there is another pilot hopping about.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call. I'm pretty bad at keeping track of the Duggars' comings and goings in real time. So frisbee happened in Big Sandy? Must be John David on pilot duty.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Last week there were only two pilots in the family; I think I'll mosey on over to faa.gov and double check Duggar pilots.

There is a commercial rating, iirc, and JD doesn't have one. I think fuel definitely falls into the "expensive" category, but that's just a guess. Years ago I knew somebody with a pilot's license and he said it was a very expensive hobby.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
vOCs7Pe.png

vpAIZ8B.png

Does anyone know what is meant by the 2 different Medical classifications? JD is "first" and Josiah is "third".

As a student pilot, Josiah cannot fly alone, unless he's doing his cross country solos and then he cannot have passengers.

According to the link, third class should be good enough for JD. I wonder why he went for what I interpret as a stricter certification?

I'm thinking JD could potentially be captain on large aircrafts and I also think that with his first class status he's able to be an official instructor (to his brother).

http://www.pilotratings.com/ATP.html

Eta:they call the ATP the PhD of pilots. Hmmm...

Overall (in my comment above) I was really wondering if JB has the instructor pilot on the payroll and he's using the plane to give lessons etc. Which may account for the flights above if the whole family is in Big Sandy.

I'm thinking JD could potentially be captain on large aircrafts and I also think that with his first class status he's able to be an official instructor (to his brother).

http://www.pilotratings.com/ATP.html

Eta:they call the ATP the PhD of pilots. Hmmm...

That's an admiriable goal, but there's no way he's instructing Josiah. From what I inferred by looking at the demographics chart here (Springdale is in Washington County): http://registry.faa.gov/activeairmen/M7 ... thwest.pdf there's a specific rating for instructors, and JD is a just lowly private pilot for now. ;)

Go for it, John David! :cracking-up:

By the way, J'somebody flew back to Springdale last evening. I wonder what business they have in Tulsa. This isn't the first time they've made day trip out of it--arriving in the morning and leaving in the evening. :think:

And just to confirm--Josiah has been spotted in Big Sandy, correct? I'm taking FJers' word for it. But not JD? More for me to research!

6kWoTsDh.png

You can right click on the pic to see it bigger in another tab.

I'm brainstorming here, feel free to disregard. April 8 they were on the ground in Sevier Co for four hours. Des Moines April 9 hanging with Huckabee for 3.5 hours. A quick trip to Sevier Co; only on the ground 90 minutes.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
A Duggabee planepool and sleepover?! What's in Sevier County? not much, from what I can tell. Here's a scenario: JD and the boob fly down to collect a fellow Arkansan for the homeschool round table the next day. They have dinner in Sevier Co and head back to the TTC for the night. Next morning, it's off to Des Moines for the schmoozefest. Back to Sevier Co with a 30 min layover in Springdale (for faa reasons, I suppose?) to drop off the mystery guest, and then home again, home again, jiggety jig. Introvert JD must have loved every minute of it. :roll:

I'm exhausted, and I haven't even pondered the Cincinnati, etc, trip. I'll do that later.

That's an admiriable goal, but there's no way he's instructing Josiah. From what I inferred by looking at the demographics chart here (Springdale is in Washington County): http://registry.faa.gov/activeairmen/M7 ... thwest.pdf there's a specific rating for instructors, and JD is a just lowly private pilot for now. ;)

Go for it, John David! :cracking-up:

I believe that a student pilot must have so many hours logged with a certified instructor, but Josiah may log flight hours as a student with JD in the plane.

If Josiah is doing that, it is VERY illegal, and also a terrible idea. A noncertificated pilot can't log flight hours with a pilot who is not a CFI (certified flight instructor). He would have to be doing his hours with an instructor, or solo hours under the proper conditions.

According to the link, third class should be good enough for JD. I wonder why he went for what I interpret as a stricter certification?

You have to have the higher rating to move up to commercial. I wonder if that's what JD is working towards?

By the way, J'somebody flew back to Springdale last evening. I wonder what business they have in Tulsa. This isn't the first time they've made day trip out of it--arriving in the morning and leaving in the evening. :think:

And just to confirm--Josiah has been spotted in Big Sandy, correct? I'm taking FJers' word for it. But not JD? More for me to research!

6kWoTsDh.png

You can right click on the pic to see it bigger in another tab.

I'm brainstorming here, feel free to disregard. April 8 they were on the ground in Sevier Co for four hours. Des Moines April 9 hanging with Huckabee for 3.5 hours. A quick trip to Sevier Co; only on the ground 90 minutes.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
A Duggabee planepool and sleepover?! What's in Sevier County? not much, from what I can tell. Here's a scenario: JD and the boob fly down to collect a fellow Arkansan for the homeschool round table the next day. They have dinner in Sevier Co and head back to the TTC for the night. Next morning, it's off to Des Moines for the schmoozefest. Back to Sevier Co with a 30 min layover in Springdale (for faa reasons, I suppose?) to drop off the mystery guest, and then home again, home again, jiggety jig. Introvert JD must have loved every minute of it. :roll:

I'm exhausted, and I haven't even pondered the Cincinnati, etc, trip. I'll do that later.

Quoting myself because I came back to this little project now that zOMG Jessa's pregnant festivities have died down. Duggarplane left Des Moines at 2pm but the Huckster had more events in Iowa (blog.4president.org/2016/2015/04/mike-huckabee-to-host-education-roundtable-with-duggar-family-in-iowa-thursday-april-9-2015.html), so he's not the slumber party pal. I guess I'll have to let it go for now.

If Josiah is doing that, it is VERY illegal, and also a terrible idea. A noncertificated pilot can't log flight hours with a pilot who is not a CFI (certified flight instructor). He would have to be doing his hours with an instructor, or solo hours under the proper conditions.

Thanks for the correction.

• 2 weeks later...

And another late-night return home. Scheduled to arrive back in Springdale at 1:18 AM (their time).

This is always my all time fav thread. I love the plane stalking. It makes me laugh every time.

I wouldn't think Josiah is trying to get his private pilots license bc he's working on getting that marriage license. With the girls, their responsibilities lessened during courtship. Is it different yet again for the fellas?

And another late-night return home. Scheduled to arrive back in Springdale at 1:18 AM (their time).

So the plane was on the ground for eight hours. Does JD have that time to himself? Does he have to wait in the car, as it were? Or tag along on what I presume is Jim Bob's business meeting*? Maybe Josiah goes with, as JD's accountablity buddy? I need to know!

h8ZK8wlh.png

*I'm trying (and failing, but still trying) to remember that JB&M have equal responsibilities and not to hold them to their own rigid gender role standards. So, did JB&M have an IBLP dinner or something in Atlanta? I'm on top of the flight records--somebody who's better at social media than I am could check on that. I love it when FJers put their heads together and compare notes. :cracking-up:

Someone posted a therd about JB and Mechelle doing a guest appearance for Cobb Pregnancy something something in Georgia.

Someone posted a therd about JB and Mechelle doing a guest appearance for Cobb Pregnancy something something in Georgia.

Ah, thanks! I'm behind on my reading this morning. So Jason was the accountabilibuddy. Except, he went to the banquet. Maybe JD did, too. There are four seats on the plane, so that's all who attended. JD either went to the event and wasn't photographed, or hund out on his own for eight hours, doing plane things. Who knows.

Ah, thanks! I'm behind on my reading this morning. So Jason was the accountabilibuddy. Except, he went to the banquet. Maybe JD did, too. There are four seats on the plane, so that's all who attended. JD either went to the event and wasn't photographed, or hund out on his own for eight hours, doing plane things. Who knows.

I'm baffled as to why that organization would NOT openly advertise the appearance. I didn't see a peep on the FB page. Color me confused!

ETA: NOT

Quoting myself because I came back to this little project now that zOMG Jessa's pregnant festivities have died down. Duggarplane left Des Moines at 2pm but the Huckster had more events in Iowa (blog.4president.org/2016/2015/04/mike-huckabee-to-host-education-roundtable-with-duggar-family-in-iowa-thursday-april-9-2015.html), so he's not the slumber party pal. I guess I'll have to let it go for now.

Cincinnati--Michelle has tons of family near Cincy. And the Creation Museum is in a suburb.

Cincinnati--Michelle has tons of family near Cincy. And the Creation Museum is in a suburb.

That was one leg of tour that went like this:

• Springdale, AR
  • Cincinnati, OH (four hours)
  • Wooster, OH
  • Vincennes, IN (possibly just a pitstop; they were only on the ground an hour)
  • back to Springdale

Josh had an event in Wooster that corresponds with the day JD flew there, so maybe there were events in the other locations as well.

Here's a list of appearances from the Duggar Family blog: duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/03/duggars-in-oh-tn-and-tx.html --this blog is Duggar-approved, I believe. Too bad it's not easier to navigate. Eh, the blog only mentions the Wooster appearance.

The Duggars don't seem to be promoting these events very well, or maybe I don't hear about them because I'm not a pro-forced-birth conservative. The cynic in me suspects that they are fundraising or schmoozing or something behind the scenes with extreme right wing politicians and the people who may donate to those causes. Presumably, those people are hearing about these events and attending them.

According to a blog update here: 12paines.com/2015/05/08/3313/, JD took the plane to Big Sandy and took a handful of Paines for a spin. That's at least three flights (to and from Big Sandy, Paine joyride) that didn't get mentioned at flightaware.com or the other website I check. This annoys me. Someone tell me it's not dangerous and that air traffic control knew the plane was in the air at the time.

Archived