IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

St. Louis was for Thomas Paine's wedding. Well, maybe not, since the wedding was Sep 20 and this trip was the 30th. :shrug:

There is an IBLP Training Center in Indianapolis: ati.iblp.org/ati/students/locations/indianapolissouthcampus/ Programs offered are as follows:

Verity Institute

Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) Course

Culinary Arts

Desktop Publishing

International Academy of Music

The Telos Institute International

Woodworking Course

I wanted to make a joke here about Duggars and "training," aka "college alternatives," but these days the Duggars just make me sad and I can't do it.

In any case, these assholes have the world at their fingertips with a pilot in the family. Fayetteville-St.Louis-Indianapolis-Fayetteville in 13 hours, with half of that time spent on the ground in layovers (I think? Time zone changes confuse me). Google maps says that drive would take 18 hours driving nonstop. If you're shortsighted and don't consider fuel and other expenses, it seems like a better alternative.

Have a smiley, :pull-hair: because the Duggars make me rage in general; John David as charter plane pilot isn't any more obnoxious than the rest of their nonsense, it's completely innocuous in the grand scheme of things. :pull-hair:

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, the more I think about this, the madder it makes me.

Jim Bob got the plane to expand his business holdings, but doesn't it also follow that if John David's always wanted to be a pilot, then on some level, he's getting to live his dream?

Jill and Jessa might want a bunch of kids (well...Jill, anyway), but they haven't been groomed for anything outside of being a wife and mother. Jill was allowed to do midwife work, but that might have been her only enjoyable option out of a very limited amount of professions she would be allowed to pursue.

Why is it that John David gets to fulfill his dreams of becoming a pilot when the Duggar daughters aren't allowed to have similar dreams of their own? :cry:

These are my thoughts exactly! The girls get a house to live in for a while so they have a nice place to make babies and cook all the meals, and the boys get a plane and a business. I also think buying the plane is a way of controlling JD, because for him to work towards buying his own place would take years so he never has any reason to leave.

I did notice in the last episode that Michelle mentioned that in their early years she was left to run the car business at times. That'll never happen to any of their daughters!

What about Joseph and Josiah now that they're "men?" Are they part of JD's towing business? Or do they get something else to do?

Of course, I mean when Josiah is let out of ALERT prison.

I don't think any of them other than Josh work a 9-5 job. They might occasionally pick up their cells and head out to tow a car, but a sustainable job, nope. Even Josh's car lot was a nothing but a front. These kids all work the family job and daddy gets to get their earnings. It is Dysfunctional with an upper case D.

These parents have retarded (in the sense of delaying) these kids...all for their own per$onal gain. It is disgusting. They earn daddy money and do mommy's household work and childcare.

And we're off to Shreveport! The plane is in the air right now, if it stayed on schedule. Anyone have any ideas about who/what's in Shreveport?

Are non-family members hiring JD for chartered flights or is the plane just for taking care of family things?

And we're off to Shreveport! The plane is in the air right now, if it stayed on schedule. Anyone have any ideas about who/what's in Shreveport?

Are non-family members hiring JD for chartered flights or is the plane just for taking care of family things?

On the upside, at least he's getting his hours up.

• 2 weeks later...

The plane has been in Tulsa for six days, now. Could JD (or someone else) be courting someone there? Who or what is in Tulsa that would keep some of the family there for almost a week?

They can use the plane to fly to campaign events for the politician that they stump for and so long as their streak remains in that area, more power to them. :)

The plane has been in Tulsa for six days, now. Could JD (or someone else) be courting someone there? Who or what is in Tulsa that would keep some of the family there for almost a week?

Maybe the plane is being serviced?

I read on another site that the Duggars are touring and speaking in the south- The picture of Jana driving the bus was part of that trip. They will be touring until Thursday- 2 days before the wedding. Jessa and Ben are on the trip. Obviously a last gasp effort for the upcoming election.

Jesse and Ben's nuptials clearly are on the back burner.

I wonder if we will hear nada until the People Mag breaks?

There are different classes of plaines and piolet licenses. JD would not be cleared to fly that aircraft unless he meet the physical requirements, flight time with instructor, class time and passing the tests. The FDA is strict about who can fly what class of plane. My father can only fly "sport" ( light weight low altitude) planes because he has high blood pressure. (He did give me permission to share btw to show that there are regulations in place).

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in with JD's recent flight history. I'm always behind on Free Jinger, so you guys may know what events line up with these locations. If you do, please share!

October 30: Chicago/Rockford

October 31: Little Rock

November 2: Beaumont/Port Arthur, TX > Pearland Regional (Houston)

November 4: Lawton, OK > Little Rock

Why was JD in the air on Jessa's wedding day? He departed Springdale at 6:58 AM, arrived in Beaumont/Port Arthur at 9:20 AM, departed Beaumont at 2:23 PM, arrived in Pearland at 2:52 PM, departed Pearland at 11:15 PM, and finally returned to Springdale at 1:29 AM Sunday. I choose to believe that Jessa wanted him and his pranks far away from her nuptials! :cracking-up:

flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY/history

eta welp Jessa got married on the first, not the second :doh:

During the engagement episode, it looked like he still flies with an instructor. Is he now fully licensed to fly on his own?

He seems so slow moving and dull, I just can't picture him being able to react if there were an emergency in the air. I realize this is being very unfair, since he really doesn't get a lot of show time, and he may in fact be very active and sharp.

BTW, surely that young man is not still living at home. I just have to believe that he is living elsewhere, even if it is just a room in the same warehouse building where poor Ben was housed.

And one more thing, Can someone please explain to me why they call that building a guest house?

It is a warehouse or some other sort of work building and not a guest house. I do think the Duggars should build a nice "Morton" building and create a nice 'Bunk house" out of it. My cousin has one that he runs a hunting lodge out of and as much as I hate hunting for sport, I have been there and it is quite nice. The inside is fully finished off, and very comfortable, even though from the outside it looks like a metal garage Morton building.

I took flying lessons and even flew an 80 mile roundtrip cross country solo. I have absolutely innate feel for piloting an airplane. I could have flown until forever, and would not have developed it.

Some people have an innate feel for the airplane; it's called "flying by the seat of your pants." My dad had it. JD may or may not; based on what little we know of him, we simply can't tell what kind of pilot his might be.

• 4 weeks later...
The plane is currently in Rome, GA. It landed about 2 hours ago.

Even with all the experience he's getting, I still wouldn't get in a plane flown by JD.

Even with all the experience he's getting, I still wouldn't get in a plane flown by JD.

I agree. Especially since we have seen how the Duggars maintain their vehicles through the years....time spent on the side of the road broken down sucks.....in a plane it's most likely fatal.

I agree. Especially since we have seen how the Duggars maintain their vehicles through the years....time spent on the side of the road broken down sucks.....in a plane it's most likely fatal.

If JD did a regular pre-flight check, and if the plane had its annual, I would. JD may be an idiot...but still a good pilot.

I found the LLC application for this the other day. John David isn't listed on it. It's in Michelle and Jim Bob's names. I found it odd since the LLC that their property is held in is only in Jim Bob's name.

Archived