IGNORED

Pearls 2: Michael, Shoshanna, et al

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Who do they think this mysterious "they" are? Deep state? The government? Lizard people? Illuminati? Pharmaceutical companies? Some combo of those?

Probably a combo. I will be among the first to condemn the US medical system - we need a government-funded, government-run single payer system, end of story. But spending big money on treatments or "clinics" that have no reputable protocols or outcomes, AFAICT, is not the own  these folks think it is. 

Really hope that however this ends that Justin is able to live as much of a pain-free life as possible, enjoying his family, friends, and whatever else makes him happy. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 4/16/2024 at 6:03 PM, Alisamer said:

None of this conspiracy theory mess stands up to any real scrutiny.

Ah, but that's the thing: you're only supposed to scrutinize the things you don't like. The basic use of conspiracy theories seems to be to A) give their believers an excuse for not being as successful as they think they deserve to be or B ) give them a reason to do what they want even though it isn't very sensible. 

Edited by MariaariaM
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

Ah, but that's the thing: you're only supposed to scrutinize the things you don't like. The basic use of conspiracy theories seems to be to A) give their believers an excuse for not being as successful as they think they deserve to be or B ) give them a reason to do what they want even though it isn't very sensible. 

I think there's one more even bigger use - to make the believers feel smart. Everybody likes to feel smart, to be in the know, to have information to share. And a LOT of conspiracy theories have an element of "look at these college educated super 'smart' scientists and others over there, who don't even know this one simple trick that YOU know! Aren't you actually smarter than all them?!"

No, they are not. Some intelligent educated people will fall for conspiracy theories, but the majority of people who buy into them are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. 

Because really. If there was a simple treatment protocol for cancer, or any of these conspiracy theories were true, it'd be publicized widely. It wouldn't be something you only hear about from a friend of a friend of a friend on Facebook. Nor would it require an ever increasing network of conspiracies to make it make sense.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

But, @Alisamer , don’t you know that if doctors adopted these “miracle cures,” everyone would be healed and no one would ever get sick again and the entire medical field would go broke and collapse? /sarcasm

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Shoshanna's poems kinda sound like her outlet to reprimand and rage at her ex. And an undisclosed woman...I think? I'm not sure how the squat-dance by the creek ties in, but it's all....interesting. 

Screenshot_20240422-151153_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240422-151322_Facebook.jpg

• Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 2

I can't take any of that seriously, mostly because I keep wondering who's filming, and whether the squat was going to be a dramatic "lie by the creek" but then it was too damp.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

It all makes me cringe so hard. I know an actual poet who publishes poetry. They would never do something like this. I’m getting such second hand embarrassment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Oh I find it fun to listen to...as long as I image she is writing about her parents. 😂

#reprobates

• Haha 8

The squat poem sure seems as though it's about a specific person. Indentured servant Lauren is the videographer:

Shoshannareadingherpoetryactinglikeavictim.thumb.png.8cfacde1f00e6748f9194782ec707ebb.png

In any case, Shoshanna's poetry is really terrible - embarrassingly terrible.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

The squat poem sure seems as though it's about a specific person. Indentured servant Lauren is the videographer:

Shoshannareadingherpoetryactinglikeavictim.thumb.png.8cfacde1f00e6748f9194782ec707ebb.png

In any case, Shoshanna's poetry is really terrible - embarrassingly terrible.

Don’t mind me, I’m still stuck on #reprobate

I mean, terrible poetry is common but calling out the other woman as a reprobate while squatting in a childbirthing power pose is truly exceptional.

#bitchychristianFTW

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

It's down there with Vogon poetry. IYKYK. 😁

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

These women are in desperate need of real therapy! 

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

Ok. ISB joyride time. Is the poem about:

1. Finding out that her ex-husband has a new partner?

2. Finding out that she's been dumped by her boyfriend for one of her friends?

3. Finding out that Lauren has a new job?

4. Finding out that one of her Plexus downline has managed to take most of her "customers" and is now Platinum? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Ok. ISB joyride time. Is the poem about:

1. Finding out that her ex-husband has a new partner?

2. Finding out that she's been dumped by her boyfriend for one of her friends?

3. Finding out that Lauren has a new job?

4. Finding out that one of her Plexus downline has managed to take most of her "customers" and is now Platinum? 

Or all those things?  Life can come out ya fast! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 4/23/2024 at 8:51 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It all makes me cringe so hard. I know an actual poet who publishes poetry. They would never do something like this. I’m getting such second hand embarrassment. 

I work for a writers festival and have come across many, many actual poets who would be mortified by the idea of this. Mind you, I ALSO used to work doing typesetting and admin for a self-publishing company that did a lot of Christian books. There was a 'prophetic poet' who paid for their services once, this would not be totally out of the realm of possibility for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2