IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

All right, John David is taking someone back to Sevier County. What does it mean? :think:

AIRR0azh.png

It seems most likely that it's Gallagher, but then why the frequent trips? Perhaps with Smuggar breaking his social media silence, there's some damage control to do?

.......or there's something else we don't know about.

(or it's entirely possible that your question was rhetorical and, like an ass, I made attempts at answering it :lol: )

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems most likely that it's Gallagher, but then why the frequent trips? Perhaps with Smuggar breaking his social media silence, there's some damage control to do?

.......or there's something else we don't know about.

(or it's entirely possible that your question was rhetorical and, like an ass, I made attempts at answering it :lol: )

:lol:

It was half rhetorical. I'm convinced it's Gallagher, but what are they doing? InTouch has stated previously that they will be releasing new information on Wednesdays, so I'm fascinated that Gallagher was in town on a Tuesday. Were they battening down the hatches? Inquiring minds want to know! I realize it's now Wednesday, but I just woke up and don't know what news there is yet, though I did see a headline about a restraining order.

I like to think there is some comely fundy maiden in Tulsa--perhaps attending Oral Roberts University--who has been flashing her ankles at JD.

First of all, the Duggar plane is only worth about $35,000 - $45,000, depending on the number of flight hours it's chalked up (like mileage on a car). Secondly, the Duggar plane is almost 40 years old and is approaching the time where replacement parts will be difficult to find. A plane is not an investment; it depreciates every year just like a vehicle does. Thirdly, the plane is not a jet. It's a small, 4-seater, single engine aircraft. It's the type of plane which is typically used as a trainer, not the type of plane used by corporate executives. (It doesn't fly very high and it doesn't fly very fast.) Fourthly, it's not a plane for a serious traveler because there isn't much room for luggage, there's no restroom and no kitchen. The fuel tank is small (38 gallons, 15MPG), so it can't fly very far on one stretch. This type of plane is known as a 'puddle-jumper.'

Here's a picture of a Cessna 172, which is what the Duggar plane is:

pilot.jpg

Looks like a toy, doesn't it? Here's what the inside looks like:

pilot_2.jpg

The officers of Duggar Aviation LLC are Jim Bob, Michelle and an accountant. The plane has to be used for something more than personal flying lessons or there is no corporate profit purpose and therefore no tax offsets. So, I'm sure they are renting out this plane and allowing it to be used for other pilots-in-training for a fee. Any time the plane is used to transport family or to train Duggars, it is a personal expense and must be treated the same way an auto is when used for business and pleasure. (John David cannot charge money to chauffer anyone because he doesn't have a commercial pilot's license.) Tax write-offs are tricky for aircraft and can fall under The Hobby Loss Rule.

http://www.aopa.org/Pilot-Resources/Air ... e-to-Taxes

So, when you notice the plane is flying someone, it doesn't necessarily mean that it has a Duggar pilot. If the plane is flying at night, during heavy cloud cover or to or from a place with fog on the tarmac, it won't be John David piloting unless he has an IFR rating. (This is a rating to fly on instruments as opposed to the basic VFR rating which is for Visual Flight Rules, meaning you have to be able to see where you are flying.)

The costs of getting a private pilot's license are $6,000 - $8,000. About 60% of the costs are for plane rental.

For IFR rating (flying by instruments for night flying and times of low visibility), you need an additional 100 flying hours of experience and the course costs between $7,000 and $9,000 (includes plane rental fees). The coursework involves advanced algebra, trigonometry and physics. And, even with an IVR rating, John David still couldn't fly paying clients. For that, a commercial pilot's license is needed and a much better plane.

Even with a commercial license, John David will never find work as a pilot because there are too many returning air force veterans who are the first choice for those types of jobs. If John David wanted to be a pilot, he should have joined the air force, which requires a normal high school diploma or a G.E.D. and 15 hours of college. (Homeschooling is not good enough for the military!)

So, don't get all excited about two Duggars getting pilot training. It is not a job and there will be no income from it. It's an expensive hobby. (A round-trip flight from Springdale to Tulsa on a commercial airline is $69 and it is a two-hour drive.)

It was half rhetorical. I'm convinced it's Gallagher, but what are they doing? InTouch has stated previously that they will be releasing new information on Wednesdays, so I'm fascinated that Gallagher was in town on a Tuesday. Were they battening down the hatches? Inquiring minds want to know! I realize it's now Wednesday, but I just woke up and don't know what news there is yet, though I did see a headline about a restraining order.

IDK... what he'd do at TTH all day besides keeping Josie from licking his briefcase? And having him there all day-- yikes that is a lot of billable hours. I would think that they could do a lot of work via phone and Skype where he has the resources his office and can work on other stuff. Unless there is big interview or something coming up that they're prepping them for... but still that is long time to spend at client TTH.

First of all, the Duggar plane is only worth about $35,000 - $45,000, depending on the number of flight hours it's chalked up (like mileage on a car). Secondly, the Duggar plane is almost 40 years old and is approaching the time where replacement parts will be difficult to find. A plane is not an investment; it depreciates every year just like a vehicle does. Thirdly, the plane is not a jet. It's a small, 4-seater, single engine aircraft. It's the type of plane which is typically used as a trainer, not the type of plane used by corporate executives. (It doesn't fly very high and it doesn't fly very fast.) Fourthly, it's not a plane for a serious traveler because there isn't much room for luggage, there's no restroom and no kitchen. The fuel tank is small (38 gallons, 15MPG), so it can't fly very far on one stretch. This type of plane is known as a 'puddle-jumper.'

pilot.jpg

pilot_2.jpg

The officers of Duggar Aviation LLC are Jim Bob, Michelle and an accountant. The plane has to be used for something more than personal flying lessons or there is no corporate profit purpose and therefore no tax offsets. So, I'm sure they are renting out this plane and allowing it to be used for other pilots-in-training for a fee. Any time the plane is used to transport family or to train Duggars, it is a personal expense and must be treated the same way an auto is when used for business and pleasure. (John David cannot charge money to chauffer anyone because he doesn't have a commercial pilot's license.) Tax write-offs are tricky for aircraft and can fall under The Hobby Loss Rule.

http://www.aopa.org/Pilot-Resources/Air ... e-to-Taxes

So, when you notice the plane is flying someone, it doesn't necessarily mean that it has a Duggar pilot. If the plane is flying at night, during heavy cloud cover or to or from a place with fog on the tarmac, it won't be John David piloting unless he has an IFR rating. (This is a rating to fly on instruments as opposed to the basic VFR rating which is for Visual Flight Rules, meaning you have to be able to see where you are flying.)

The costs of getting a private pilot's license are $6,000 - $8,000. About 60% of the costs are for plane rental.

For IFR rating (flying by instruments for night flying and times of low visibility), you need an additional 100 flying hours of experience and the course costs between $7,000 and $9,000 (includes plane rental fees). The coursework involves advanced algebra, trigonometry and physics. And, even with an IVR rating, John David still couldn't fly paying clients. For that, a commercial pilot's license is needed and a much better plane.

Even with a commercial license, John David will never find work as a pilot because there are too many returning air force veterans who are the first choice for those types of jobs. If John David wanted to be a pilot, he should have joined the air force, which requires a normal high school diploma or a G.E.D. and 15 hours of college. (Homeschooling is not good enough for the military!)

So, don't get all excited about two Duggars getting pilot training. It is not a job and there will be no income from it. It's an expensive hobby. (A round-trip flight from Springdale to Tulsa on a commercial airline is $69 and it is a two-hour drive.)

According to earlier postings on this thread, the plane is a Cirrus not a Cessna 172.

pilot.jpg

pilot_2.jpg

I haven't read the rest of your post, because your first paragraph is incorrect. Where did you get that ownership information? The plane we are discussing here is http://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N68SY which is a 2004 Cirrus SR22. A week or so ago I saw models from the same year being offered for resale at $200,000.

I will now read the rest of your post. :)

That is incorrect. Here is the Duggar plane:

CESSNA 1977 Model 172N

12/29/2014

4-seat, single engine

serial number: 17269118

734UE

DUGGAR AVIATION LLC

548 ARBOR ACRES AVE

SPRINGDALE, AR 72762-6256

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry ... N&PageNo=4

Not to start dueling links but...

registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=N68SY

The plane in this link is a Cirrus and is registered to Duggar Aviation. This is also the plane that is diligently tracked on this thread.

How many planes do these people own?

DuggarWatch, I'm interested in the rest of your post. It never occured to me that the Duggars could be letting others fly their plane. I will consider this. I will also try to wrap my head around the IFR rating you mentioned, which may take me a while. :D

Can any other FJ private pilots plane owners chime in here?

In answer to my post, the Duggars own 2 airplanes. All this time we've been saying how lah-di-dah the Duggars are for owning an airplane... haha they own TWO. Good on them! hahaha They own twice as many planes as we thought.

registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/Name_Results.aspx?Nametxt=DUGGAR+AVIATION&sort_option=1&PageNo=1

And looking at the Cessna's recent flight history, it looks more interesting but not likely JD was flying it...

flightaware.com/live/flight_event_history.rvt?ident=N734UE

IDK... what he'd do at TTH all day besides keeping Josie from licking his briefcase? And having him there all day-- yikes that is a lot of billable hours. I would think that they could do a lot of work via phone and Skype where he has the resources his office and can work on other stuff. Unless there is big interview or something coming up that they're prepping them for... but still that is long time to spend at client TTH.

Poor Josie, she will never live that down. :lol:

As for Gallagher, I have my doubts about how professional, or expensive, he is. He's a friend of Huck, and he runs Huck PAC,* which then hired Legacy Consulting for...something**. I've been trying, unsuccessfully, so far, to link him to IBLP. He also runs the previously mentioned Legacy Consulting. Hmm. And he sits on the board of an online public charter school, which may or may not be a problem (imo it's a problem). Is he a lawyer? How does one verify that? I need to know why the Duggars hang out with Chad Gallagher. Are they schmoozing at Cracker Barrel and playing Settlers of Catan? Trying to find a job for Josh? Laundering money? All of the above? I realize that I'm making a lot of leaps here. I do get carried away with my brainstorming!

*http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/01/mike-huckabee-pac-paid-his-family-almost-400000

**https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/expenditures.php?cycle=2014&cmte=C00448373

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... torum-2016

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/03/media/d ... TL_Popular (cw: autoplay video)

legacyincorporated.com/our-principal/

http://arva.k12.com/who-we-are/state-re ... nformation

CESSNA 1977 Model 172N

12/29/2014

4-seat, single engine

734UE

DUGGAR AVIATION LLC

548 ARBOR ACRES AVE

So they have two planes. Well played, Duggars. The Cessna came on the scene right around the same time Josiah got his student license, which was in January. We now have two planes to monitor. I'm excited about this! Thank you, DuggarWatch! :worship:

So they have two planes. Well played, Duggars. The Cessna came on the scene right around the same time Josiah got his student license, which was in January. We now have two planes to monitor. I'm excited about this! Thank you, DuggarWatch! :worship:

I KNOW!!! My same exact thoughts as you: Well played Duggars, well played.

Special note to JB: You see JB, this is a NICE SECRET to have come out. See the difference? This makes us all happy inside.

I KNOW!!! My same exact thoughts as you: Well played Duggars, well played.

Special note to JB: You see JB, this is a NICE SECRET to have come out. See the difference? This makes us all happy inside.

I'm actually in crisis over this. :lol:

The notion that it's not a Duggar at all who is flying those planes rocks my world. I need to recover, regroup, and decide how to move forward with this information. :think:

Poor Josie, she will never live that down. :lol:

As for Gallagher, I have my doubts about how professional, or expensive, he is. He's a friend of Huck, and he runs Huck PAC,* which then hired Legacy Consulting for...something**. I've been trying, unsuccessfully, so far, to link him to IBLP. He also runs the previously mentioned Legacy Consulting. Hmm. And he sits on the board of an online public charter school, which may or may not be a problem (imo it's a problem). Is he a lawyer? How does one verify that? I need to know why the Duggars hang out with Chad Gallagher. Are they schmoozing at Cracker Barrel and playing Settlers of Catan? Trying to find a job for Josh? Laundering money? All of the above? I realize that I'm making a lot of leaps here. I do get carried away with my brainstorming!

*http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/01/mike-huckabee-pac-paid-his-family-almost-400000

**https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/expenditures.php?cycle=2014&cmte=C00448373

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... torum-2016

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/03/media/d ... TL_Popular (cw: autoplay video)

legacyincorporated.com/our-principal/

http://arva.k12.com/who-we-are/state-re ... nformation

As for Chad and The Licker. If he gets paid a lot, spending the day with Duggars is too spendy for them. If he doesn't get paid a lot, Chad needs to be hustling elsewhere to cover his nut. I guess I'm just thinking techno and would I as Chad want to spend the day with the Duggars if I didn't HAVE to. (Now if it were me, I would want to spend a day at the Duggars, but I would have to bring a spray bottle to stop Josie's licking, Michelle talking about seasons, Jessa/Anna comparing abortion to Holocaust etc.)

But back to Chad:

I did the following searches at the arkbar.com (AR BAR Association):

->Chad Gallagher, Sevier Co

->Charles Gallagher, Sevier Co

->Gallagher, Sevier Co

->All of those names without county put in...

NADA. No results. Seems weird. I expected to find a couple Gallaghers practicing law.

Though, that all said, Chad could be under contract to Huckabee and then the ol Huckster decides where and how Chad will use his time. One day at Huck HQ, the next day at TTH.

In answer to my post, the Duggars own 2 airplanes. All this time we've been saying how lah-di-dah the Duggars are for owning an airplane... haha they own TWO. Good on them! hahaha They own twice as many planes as we thought. :lol:

registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/Name_Results.aspx?Nametxt=DUGGAR+AVIATION&sort_option=1&PageNo=1

And looking at the Cessna's recent flight history, it looks more interesting but not likely JD was flying it...

flightaware.com/live/flight_event_history.rvt?ident=N734UE

Just what the Duggars need: TWO PLANES! As if 19 kids weren't enough! :lol:

The Cirrus SR22 is just a hyped-up, four-seater, single engine plane. The 2004 plane sells for $100,000 - $150,000. That model is extremely noisy inside and killed a test pilot because it can't handle spins. The reason it became popular is that it comes with parachute features, but that ups the maintenance costs considerably (about $12,000 every five years). The annual maintenance is about $10,000 a year.

And, it's still just a hobby aircraft with no back-up engine. The backup in this plane is the parachute.

The other problem for the Duggars is that it is too expensive for most student pilots to rent. What was Jim Bob thinking?

He would have been much better off buying a six-seater, twin engine plane to fly around in. Anyway, at this point, if he's not at least breaking even on renting his planes, they may be the first assets sold off in the TLC contract dissolution.

(I used to own a Piper Cherokee Six 300 ages ago, which is a six-seat, twin engine plane.)

All right, here's the recent history for the Cessna:

k6a3pWPh.png

Reading from the bottom: on June 6 there was a flight from an unknown location to Hammond, LA.

Three hours later, a flight from New Orleans to Hattiesburg, MS. New Orleans is 60 miles from Hammond; I suppose there was an undocumented flight from one airport to the other.

The plane stayed on the ground in Hattiesburg until June 14, when it flew to Monticello, AR, which is in South East Arkansas.

Half an hour after landing in Monticello, the plane continued to Springdale.

So, somebody spent a week in Mississippi, but it's not necessarily a Duggar. I'm still processing the Duggar Aviation airplane rental aspect. :think:

I'm actually in crisis over this. :lol:

The notion that it's not a Duggar at all who is flying those planes rocks my world. I need to recover, regroup, and decide how to move forward with this information. :think:

Deep calming cleansing breaths, Halcionne. Now we would normally do the mindfulness exercises that we practiced, but they involve you up flying through the clouds sitting next to JD... but I fear now when you look over, you won't see that ol smiling lunk, but a stranger and then your mindfulness plane goes spinning down down down.

CESSNA 1977 Model 172N

12/29/2014

4-seat, single engine

734UE

DUGGAR AVIATION LLC

548 ARBOR ACRES AVE

They might have picked it up fairly cheap...

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucd ... CI14464004

You know, the more I think about this, the madder it makes me.

Jim Bob got the plane to expand his business holdings, but doesn't it also follow that if John David's always wanted to be a pilot, then on some level, he's getting to live his dream?

Jill and Jessa might want a bunch of kids (well...Jill, anyway), but they haven't been groomed for anything outside of being a wife and mother. Jill was allowed to do midwife work, but that might have been her only enjoyable option out of a very limited amount of professions she would be allowed to pursue.

Why is it that John David gets to fulfill his dreams of becoming a pilot when the Duggar daughters aren't allowed to have similar dreams of their own? :cry:

Because it that world...Girls and women don't matter....hopes and dreams? Unless those hopes and dreams are for a husband and a bunch of kids....

Because it that world...Girls and women don't matter....hopes and dreams? Unless those hopes and dreams are for a husband and a bunch of kids....

I'm not sure beyond Jana, those girls were groomed for anything. Pretty sad-

I don't think Jill or Jessa every wanted to do anything else. Jessa was taped recently saying that she might have more than 20 kids. Jessa never passed the G.E.D. exam. Jill wants to go off to Nepal and be a missionary with her husband.

None of the kids have done anything on their own and none has a job which doesn't involve Daddy Duggar. With the kind of education they had, they weren't challenged to be free thinkers and explore life's possibilities. Most of them stopped the homeschooling program at 16, instead of 18 like most high school graduates. And, Ma and Pa Duggar don't have college degrees or real careers.

(John David will never be a commercial pilot. That's just a pipe dream.)

The Cirrus flew to Springfield, Missouri last night and stayed long enough to have dinner. This morning it's headed to Hattiesburg, MS, which is interesting (to me) because the Cessna was in Hattiesburg recently.

nVgbsImh.png

As always, you can right-click the image to open it larger in a new tab.

Archived