IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

Cincinnati--Michelle has tons of family near Cincy. And the Creation Museum is in a suburb.

Didn'tBlessa and Bin just visit the Creation Museum?

And in response to the comment about JD acquiring a more sophisticated

Iic. for commercial pilot; JB could be in negotiations for a bigger jet!

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Subject: Duggar Aviation LLC Tour Christian Film Festival Merged

That's not the Duggar plane - I think it must be one of the ALERT aircraft - it's a Cessna 172, I'm pretty sure if you are talking about these photos:

caU3KGE.jpg

7JPntoH.jpg

alertacademy.com/alert/blog/course/aviation/

A Cirrus is MUCH nicer!

I got a private message from an FJer with some insight. Thanks, anon! This person said (and it's been said here before) that all flights don't get recorded for public viewing. This makes me crazy, but what can you do. Also, it's not JD's plane, so that explains why the flights weren't listed this time.

So now we now JD's plane didn't go to Texas after all, and that may not even be the back of JD's head. I can't deny that I have a tendency to jump the gun and I'm glad to be corrected or get clarification when needed. Here's the back seat of the Duggars' Cirrus, for comparison:

UdWPzI1.jpg

Another big takeaway for me from this comment is that Gothard has a flight school. :doh: He's sure got his fingers in a lot of pots. Here's the link again, because it's easy to miss among all those pictures:

alertacademy.com/alert/blog/course/aviation/

edited to remove private photo

Gothard has a flight school? Isn't Gothard anti-education? If this is true, this is frightening.

JD seems to have a lot of common sense and is obviously quite handy- I hope he understands all the math and science behind piloting a plane and navigating a course.

Gothard has a flight school? Isn't Gothard anti-education? If this is true, this is frightening.

JD seems to have a lot of common sense and is obviously quite handy- I hope he understands all the math and science behind piloting a plane and navigating a course.

I'm "spatially challenged" which meant navigating when I was flying was....fun. I think JD understands the mechanics of flying much better than I ever did.

And I no longer pilot anything other than a Honda Odyssey!

I'm "spatially challenged" which meant navigating when I was flying was....fun. I think JD understands the mechanics of flying much better than I ever did.

And I no longer pilot anything other than a Honda Odyssey!

He does strike me as a very mechanically inclined person.

Bill loves his kind of education only!!!!

Somebody went to Houston yesterday; no return flight planned yet. I poked around various Duggars' social media but I'm not so good at that, so I didn't see anything to suggest who might be in Houston or why.

xyqVKDYh.png

Somebody went to Houston yesterday; no return flight planned yet. I poked around various Duggars' social media but I'm not so good at that, so I didn't see anything to suggest who might be in Houston or why.

xyqVKDYh.png

Maybe they left someone behind? :lol: They've been in Texas a lot lately.

Maybe JD is gone a courtin' in TX? Purely speculation on my part but it would be an obvious possibility to frequent trips to the Lonestar State!

I have the answer. The Dillys are in Texas because Derick's former college roommate is getting married today. Derick posted a few hints about it on his twitter/IG. Kind of sucky timing that his friend's wedding fell right on Jill's birthday but I'm sure he'll make it up to her somehow. :D

I have the answer. The Dillys are in Texas because Derick's former college roommate is getting married today. Derick posted a few hints about it on his twitter/IG. Kind of sucky timing that his friend's wedding fell right on Jill's birthday but I'm sure he'll make it up to her somehow. :D

Well :wink-kitty: I was hoping for something more fun like, ooopps Jinger got left behind.

Thanks! I wonder if they took the baby. Which is better/worse: taking the baby on a small private plane ride with JD as pilot, or leaving the baby at Duggar central for an overnight visit. :shock: I hope they left him with Cathy. :?

Thanks! I wonder if they took the baby. Which is better/worse: taking the baby on a small private plane ride with JD as pilot, or leaving the baby at Duggar central for an overnight visit. :shock: I hope they left him with Cathy. :?

Cathy or Uncle Dan should have kept the baby so Jill and Derick could have a little quality time alone. :dance:

Cathy or Uncle Dan should have kept the baby so Jill and Derick could have a little quality time alone. :dance:

Please no! They don't need "quality time" which might lead to another baby too soon!

What about JD? The poster who found the flight schedule said there was no return flight from Houston yesterday. Makes me wonder what JD does in the city during that time. He could meet up with friends from around that area or maybe he's likes to chill out by himself. He kind of strikes me as the solitary type. I can see Derick and Jill asking him to watch over Izzy for a few hours while they're at the wedding and that way they don't have to be away from their baby for the whole night. I'm not sure what the recommendations are for flying with a newborn,but better a small private plane than exposing their baby to a bunch of germs and strangers on a huge flight, IMO.

What about JD? The poster who found the flight schedule said there was no return flight from Houston yesterday. Makes me wonder what JD does in the city during that time. He could meet up with friends from around that area or maybe he's likes to chill out by himself. He kind of strikes me as the solitary type. I can see Derick and Jill asking him to watch over Izzy for a few hours while they're at the wedding and that way they don't have to be away from their baby for the whole night. I'm not sure what the recommendations are for flying with a newborn,but better a small private plane than exposing their baby to a bunch of germs and strangers on a huge flight, IMO.

Wouldn't JD need an accountability buddy at all times? I don't know if JD, under Gothardism, would be qualified to babysit. If I was the mother of a NB, I'd rather risk the germs on a commercial flight than put my baby in a small plane.

^ What Sassy said. Plus, JD babysitting a 6 week old who is breastfeeding? I don't see that working out for anyone.

I often wonder how JD spends the down time while his passengers fulfill their commitments. I guess he and Jill could entertain themselves while Derick did wedding things solo, but that seems unlikely.

^ What Sassy said. Plus, JD babysitting a 6 week old who is breastfeeding? I don't see that working out for anyone.

I often wonder how JD spends the down time while his passengers fulfill their commitments. I guess he and Jill could entertain themselves while Derick did wedding things solo, but that seems unlikely.

No Iz sighting. I wonder if they brought a J-slave with them to watch Izzy? Quick BF- run to the reception- possibly leave some expressed MBM for a bottle feeding?? JD+J-slave= all good in Gothard heaven.

Unless it's a very close family member, I think infants/children are frowned upon at weddings.

Israel is at the wedding, you can see the stroller in one pic. There are other kids/babies at the wedding as well.

I saw the pics of the wedding and it really looked nice, but I was wondering how long the junk gypsy wedding theme is going to last?

And they're back. These flights line up with the wedding very nicely. I wonder where they spent the night and what JD did all that time.

6xKZwjsh.png

And they're back. These flights line up with the wedding very nicely. I wonder where they spent the night and what JD did all that time.

6xKZwjsh.png

The Duggar's are really getting their money out of that plane. I'm wondering how they handle the wear and tear on such planes. Can you hire a mechanic at the Airport where it is kept to keep your plane in good working order? I hope they are not just leaving all the maintenance to JD, I think JD is mechanically inclined to an extent but airplane mechanics have to go through extensive training (with good reason) that I know JD does not possess that training. But is JB letting JD do the mechanics on it to save the difference?

The Duggar's are really getting their money out of that plane. I'm wondering how they handle the wear and tear on such planes. Can you hire a mechanic at the Airport where it is kept to keep your plane in good working order? I hope they are not just leaving all the maintenance to JD, I think JD is mechanically inclined to an extent but airplane mechanics have to go through extensive training (with good reason) that I know JD does not possess that training. But is JB letting JD do the mechanics on it to save the difference?

Man, I hope not. Going back to the money issue. Who pays for the fuel on these trips? That's a rhetorical question; I'm sure it's Boob. So Derick and Jill got a free flight to Houston and JB just pays for all that fuel? I mean, maybe the Dillards paid for it for this trip, who knows. I wonder how much the trip cost. I'm sure there are expenses beyond just fuel, too.

Man, I hope not. Going back to the money issue. Who pays for the fuel on these trips? That's a rhetorical question; I'm sure it's Boob. So Derick and Jill got a free flight to Houston and JB just pays for all that fuel? I mean, maybe the Dillards paid for it for this trip, who knows. I wonder how much the trip cost. I'm sure there are expenses beyond just fuel, too.

OK I did some research fuel alone can cost up to $30 an hour. The overall cost per hour can run 100-200 an hour. Here’s a short list of costs to consider beyond the purchase price of the airplane:

Fuel

Oil

Regular maintenance inspections, such as the required annual inspection, avionics and instrument inspections.

Engine overhaul cost

Ramp tie-down or hangar fees

Insurance

Landing fees

Aircraft accessories, such as headsets, engine covers, etc.

ALERT=Air, Land, Emergency...something something... Yes, ALERT "skills" are used to ingratiate the ATI/IBLP crowd thru selfless service in times of emergency. Being an "active" God-sent helper to the local community and other such statements. Flying is a "skill" in their world. Math, too, can be a skill [lots of it in construction]. And Missionaries often need to be pilots. I wondered how John got to learn to fly. I hadn't realized they TAUGHT flying, but I knew there were pilots and planes involved with ALERT.

Archived