IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

All the older girls would have some jealousy - they've been told all their lives that being godly servants of Christ is the most important goal, and that the right man will be attracted to their humble spirit, but the first girl to have a courtship is the beautiful, not humble, less devout seeming Jessa, not meek Jana or devout Jill.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Jana, in particular, isn't feeling discouraged. Jessa's courting (or engaged), Erin's married, Michaela's courting, and Alyssa's engaged. I guess we'll never know, but what if she was interested in someone who married someone else?

If Jana feels discourage, she will just repent and do something nice for Jessa. maybe she will give her another prized possession. :)

I hope Jana, in particular, isn't feeling discouraged. Jessa's courting (or engaged), Erin's married, Michaela's courting, and Alyssa's engaged. I guess we'll never know, but what if she was interested in someone who married someone else?

Hey she just might be "special friends" or courting on the down low. After finding out about Michael Bates, anything is possible. The only thing is JB is different from Gil. Would he truly honor his daughter's wishes if she didn't want it made public?

I can see Jessa has beautiful features, but I don't think she's beautiful, she comes across as haughty, a bit selfish and too cold/uncompassionate to other people for me to like her. She actually reminds me a lot of Michelle in that regard. But I hope she's happy with Ben and he doesn't turn out to be an abusive asshole.

I agree that Jessa is a beautiful girl (woman), but to me it's a bit cold, Jana is more beautiful because she has a warmer expression.

I wonder what Jessa will look like in a couple years from now, when she has a couple 'blessings' of her own..

I think what Jessa looks like in a few years will depend a lot on what Ben acts like and how much they're dealing with Jim Bob and a film crew. Ben, to me, is still an unknown. He may or may not be a great guy whose priority is to do his best for Jessa. I wonder why Jim Bob likes him so much. What I see is the same smile (over and over), that he has a job selling insurance, and spends free time preaching outdoors about abortion. If they marry then no doubt everyone will be wondering how quickly she'll become pregnant...will Ben be reassuring and protective? How much does TLC pay for baby-related episodes?

I think her attitude and coldness is the reason why she has lasted in that family and still has somewhat of a spark in her despite being not very fundielike and Michelle's attempts to break her (she was their most difficult child apparently)

Its sad thinking of it that way, that their parenting really puts you at a disadvantage if you are kind and sweet like poor Jana is. Shes way too sweet to be living in that house, it takes a lot of love to raise a kid who is quiet, kind and sweet, and they don't have that, shes been neglected and used her entire life.

They talk about the things they want their kids to be like, and that their girls should be delicate, feminine submissive little helpmeets, yet someone who is sweet and submissive just gets crushed so easily with the way they raise their kids. In the Duggar house, its survival of the fittest, and the ones who are tough, unemotional and don't care much for others are the ones who will make it-but theyre also the ones least suited to being fundies.

If you have the qualities you need to make it in the Duggar house, you are not suited to be a fundie wife cause if they cant beat you down, your future husband cant either (unless he is really abusive, I hope Ben isn't).

If you have the qualities you need to to be a fundie wife, you are pretty much screwed as Duggar life is going to crush you.

Jill seems to be the exception though, shes happy, but also is quite a caring person.

Unless that's what fundies want. As much as they talk about how delicate and feminine women are, and how they want their girls to be loving, kind and enjoy serving, fundie parenting rewards people who are unemotional and hate kids. If someone had feelings, they would be upset at the idea of beating their kids. I worry for Jessa and her future kids, I don't think she will cope with loads of kids, especially with all of the propaganda about how you have to beat them to be good parents.

We don't that but it could be that Jessa still is a difficult "child" and that's why she is getting married off.

I saw starcasm is reporting they suspect the engagement happened during the holidays. I guess JB is saying tune in to see (just like Anna being 6 months pregnant before they announced it 2 days before the season started). I'm glad media sites are spoiling the engagement 7-8 weeks before the show comes back. Jessa's engagement should not be used for JB wallet to grow bigger or in hopes of big ratings. I'm surprised the posters are very positive for the most part about the Jessa and the Duggars.

I saw starcasm is reporting they suspect the engagement happened during the holidays. I guess JB is saying tune in to see (just like Anna being 6 months pregnant before they announced it 2 days before the season started). I'm glad media sites are spoiling the engagement 7-8 weeks before the show comes back. Jessa's engagement should not be used for JB wallet to grow bigger or in hopes of big ratings. I'm surprised the posters are very positive for the most part about the Jessa and the Duggars.

media sites are tracking trending topics. If we are chatting about Jessa being engaged and searching on sites about possible engagement.....of course they will see a trend forming. Thus, do their research as well. So, it is more of media sites stalking the stalkers. :D

We can make anything popular on the web and with enough people. Shoot, it should be a career.

I wonder if Rotan's instagram going private has anything to do with the comment made on the Raising Servants blog?

And why would he comment on it 4 months after it was posted, when nobody but stalkers like us would see it?

However I do think it brings to light how many people read here, whether or not they would admit it. We post the blog post about Jessa, Rotan comments (?), Duggar Tumblr posts it on their page, now Starcasm is showing it. And all because we showed the blog post, now everyone thinks she is engaged because of what Rotan said.

I wonder if Rotan's instagram going private has anything to do with the comment made on the Raising Servants blog?

And why would he comment on it 4 months after it was posted, when nobody but stalkers like us would see it?

However I do think it brings to light how many people read here, whether or not they would admit it. We post the blog post about Jessa, Rotan comments (?), Duggar Tumblr posts it on their page, now Starcasm is showing it. And all because we showed the blog post, now everyone thinks she is engaged because of what Rotan said.

Or, just another way to keep us talking about it; thus, creating free publicity for JB. I mean TLC.

We don't that but it could be that Jessa still is a difficult "child" and that's why she is getting married off.

Jessa's nickname growing up was "Jessa Blessa," so I think she's considered an uber-blessing and not a problem-blessing, as James so often seems to be.

Rotan is a cameraperson on the show. I don't really think he has any ATI connections.

He's actually quite liberal. He lauded Smuggar when the latter watched The Karate Kid about a month ago. He's also posted some stuff you'd never see coming from Fundieland.

He's actually quite liberal. He lauded Smuggar when the latter watched The Karate Kid about a month ago. He's also posted some stuff you'd never see coming from Fundieland.

His father actually is a Baptist preacher, but I don't know what kind. He is somewhat liberal - when I was following him it would show me, "Rotan liked such and such picture" and he liked a real time with Bill Maher photo. He doesn't comment on politics or religion. He is heavily into star wars. Very nice guy and Josh, Anna, and Amy comment on his stuff all the time like they are best buds. That is strange if they are no longer following him.

• 3 weeks later...
http://wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/65507233773/duggars-ben-and-jessa-with-his-grand-parents

I apologize if this has already been posted - some women in Ben's family wearing JEANS!

All of the women wear jeans/shorts etc except maybe his mom, who is only seen in skirts. Even bens sisters wear jeans/shorts. The women in his family also work and drink margaritas and are otherwise normal. Ben's parents are very conservative but I think Ben will out-conservative them all. He's obsessed.

Archived