IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

Ben's family does not follow the Gothard dress code. Jessa will be joining a family that includes women who wear jeans.

Does anyone know if the family is or ever were followers? I know the boy is obsessed with keeping all embryos and fetuses in their wombs, but aside from that, how does his family's belief system jive with Jim Bob's?

I think they are VF, certainly not ATI, but Ben strikes me as a zealot, so him joining ATI is a distinct possibility.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT, but does anybody have an opinion on which is worse - VF or ATI?

I have a feeling Boob will make it a requirement to marry his daughter.

I personally would much prefer to be VF than ATI if forced to choose. The aesthetic suits me more, and I'd prefer faux intellectualism to no intellectualism at all.

VF is also less violently opposed to all pop culture, and allows dancing and drinking.

I personally would much prefer to be VF than ATI if forced to choose. The aesthetic suits me more, and I'd prefer faux intellectualism to no intellectualism at all.

VF is also less violently opposed to all pop culture, and allows dancing and drinking.

And the clothes are better.

My completely personal feeling is that VF is worse, but that may be my bias against reformed theology coming out. Still, I feel like they're more obnoxiously arrogant and hypocritical that ATI. Of course, neither are good.

Ben's sisters definitely have the look of semi-normal teenagers, especially Jes. Who knows what he himself thinks, maybe he will allow her a bit more freedom once they are married, maybe he will turn out to be an asshole.

Same shit, different wardrobe. Both are equally horrible and disgusting.

Ben's sisters definitely have the look of semi-normal teenagers, especially Jes. Who knows what he himself thinks, maybe he will allow her a bit more freedom once they are married, maybe he will turn out to be an asshole.

I think he's more likely to swing more conservative to show he's as holy as the Duggars. Someone drifting out of fundamentalism doesn't choose to have a televised courtship with an ATI princess and spend his weekends harassing local shoppers about the reproductive choices of ladies he and they have never met.

Has anyone heard rumors of an engagement? Saw this comment on Josh's Instagram.

And there you have it, a leaked engagement. I know it could be a stretch of possibly taking the focus off the Bates.

The commenter in question has 0 photos and 0 followers. Not necessarily a reliable source. I say he/she is just listening to rumors. Definitely not a leak.

The commenter in question has 0 photos and 0 followers. Not necessarily a reliable source. I say he/she is just listening to rumors. Definitely not a leak.

Yep, commenter is a troll. Their username is "lying is a sin" which is a dead giveaway.

If he's smart (or his TLC handlers), he'll reply that they must have his family confused with the Bates and congratulate Alyssa... Or he'll just delete/ignore.

What is there for a young married couple to do in ATI? Most of their programs seem to be aimed at families who are homeschooling their children. A couple who hasn't had kids yet-- or a couple like Josh and Anna whose kids aren't of school age-- doesn't have much of a need for Wisdom Booklets, homeschooling conferences, or ALERT.

If he's smart (or his TLC handlers), he'll reply that they must have his family confused with the Bates and congratulate Alyssa... Or he'll just delete/ignore.

really, you should just end there because we know hes not

What is there for a young married couple to do in ATI? Most of their programs seem to be aimed at families who are homeschooling their children. A couple who hasn't had kids yet-- or a couple like Josh and Anna whose kids aren't of school age-- doesn't have much of a need for Wisdom Booklets, homeschooling conferences, or ALERT.

The medical advice? Where else are you going to learn that objects in your house might really be demons and prevent a pregnancy?

Yep, commenter is a troll. Their username is "lying is a sin" which is a dead giveaway.

Well, the "troll" replied back: lyingisasin I have a friend who knows the Duggars and the Bates. 4h

msc260 @lyingisasin well do you have any proof? Remember lying is a sin. 3h

Read more at http://web.stagram.com/n/joshduggar/#uL ... Ds7juio.99

He/she is sure keeping it up. Unless it is another Duggar who is engaged...like Jana since he/she never refer that it was Jessa.

Well, the "troll" replied back: lyingisasin I have a friend who knows the Duggars and the Bates. 4h

msc260 @lyingisasin well do you have any proof? Remember lying is a sin. 3h

Read more at http://web.stagram.com/n/joshduggar/#uL ... Ds7juio.99

He/she is sure keeping it up. Unless it is another Duggar who is engaged...like Jana since he/she never refer that it was Jessa.

A friend of a friend? :lol: I'm thinking it is a troll.

These random people on instagram saying Jessa's engaged are probably the same ones who post comments congratulating Anna when she's not pregnant.

Well maybe she's not engaged but I found this comment on the Rasing Servants of Christ Blog: So perhaps they got engaged on Christmas (or perhaps this is bogus too-time will tell):

Rotan January 13, 2014 at 12:39 pm · · Reply →

Jessa and Ben are under contract to not talk about the courtship.

raisingservantsofchrist January 13, 2014 at 2:57 pm · · Reply →

Hi John,

Thank you, I have had a few people tell me that this was probably the case. I have seen you a few times on the show, are you the producer? If so, please let them know that we are all so happy for them, and thanks for taking the time to give us the information!

Faith and Blessings,

Kat

Rotan January 16, 2014 at 12:25 pm · · Reply →

Camera man.

Stay tuned to the show… Jessa and Ben celebrated Christmas in a very special way! You won’t want to miss it.

raisingservantsofchrist January 16, 2014 at 9:54 pm · · Reply →

We will, thank you!

Archived