IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do make a cute couple. Hopefully they are able to live their lives as they see fit and not follow in the footsteps of their parents.

They look far more comfortable in each others company than they did in the very first photos. A good sign, but doesn't necessarily mean they should rush out and get married.

[attachment=0]1512527_1433621943536869_1326794190_n.jpg[/attachment]

I SEE KNEES :shock: someone call the modesty police :roll:

In the picture where she is holding the Reeses thing (can't repost the picture, tried above, not sure why not) the ring is on her left hand but middle finger. On the others it's on her right hand, ring finger.

Really hope he didn't propose to her in a pretzel shop...

I'm thinking at least one couple out of the 3 (Alyssa/John, Jessa/Ben, Michael/Brandon) will get engaged on VDay. Probably more than one!

In the picture where she is holding the Reeses thing (can't repost the picture, tried above, not sure why not) the ring is on her left hand but middle finger. On the others it's on her right hand, ring finger.

:lol: I wouldn't be surprised

:lol: but it is her fav. pretzel shop! ;)

I've seen the older ones change what finger they put their purity ring on, so I'm hoping it's that and not an engagement ring-although it would not surprise me if ben pops the question in the next couple months. They're reaching 1 year of courtship in June, IIRC, which is pretty long in fundie world.

Alyssa will get engaged on Valentine's Day, I'm almost positive. I don't think the others will. In fact Kelly has mentioned that Brandon has a year or so to go with his schooling and that it might affect when he and Michael choose to marry, so I'm pretty sure Michael and Brandon will take at least a few months longer than the others to get engaged.

Alyssa will get engaged on Valentine's Day, I'm almost positive. I don't think the others will. In fact Kelly has mentioned that Brandon has a year or so to go with his schooling and that it might affect when he and Michael choose to marry, so I'm pretty sure Michael and Brandon will take at least a few months longer than the others to get engaged.

Is there married student housing at the school he goes to? I guess he'd still need some way to support her, though I'm not clear on how he'll do that as a missionary. Is he employed by IBLP/ATI?

Does anyone else think it's weird that Jessa is being photographed with so many junk-food snacks? I seem to remember that it was an issue on the show for the older Duggar daughters to eat mostly salads at meals so they could keep their weight under control.

Jessa looks great, I'm not suggesting that she's experienced a weight gain or anything, but maybe Jessa's eating habits are now less of an issue if the family considers it a done deal and they'll be getting married soon.

I predict all 3 couples will get engaged on Valentine's Day.

I think Jessa and Ben are already engaged, but that Alyssa and John definitely will if she's already thinking about a spring wedding. I don't know about Michael - they might take longer.

They do make a cute couple. Hopefully they are able to live their lives as they see fit and not follow in the footsteps of their parents.

Hopefully 'how they see fit' doesn't include beating and starving their children a la Ezzo and Pearl.

Definitely looks like he's got basketball shorts on.

From the very beginning, IIRC, weren't there pictures of him playing on his football team in shorts and/or going to the gym in shorts also? So defrauding! (:

I've seen the older ones change what finger they put their purity ring on, so I'm hoping it's that and not an engagement ring-although it would not surprise me if ben pops the question in the next couple months. They're reaching 1 year of courtship in June, IIRC, which is pretty long in fundie world.

That's an odd way of saying they've been courting for about 6 months.

Definitely looks like he's got basketball shorts on.

Ben's family does not follow the Gothard dress code. Jessa will be joining a family that includes women who wear jeans.

Does anyone know if the family is or ever were followers? I know the boy is obsessed with keeping all embryos and fetuses in their wombs, but aside from that, how does his family's belief system jive with Jim Bob's?

Josh has been wearing basketball shorts when exercising for a while now.

Although Ben's family appears to be fundie lite, I see him as wanting to go more fundie, so I don't think he'll allow Jessa to wear jeans.

Archived