IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

Looks like b.s. to me, the article links to the 'press release' at Radar online which, unless I missed it, says nothing about engagement but rather 'dating with intent to marry'. Just more ~amazing~ 'journalism' in action.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am certain they are engaged, but TLC is being very careful in their wording and not giving it away.

The quote from the Daily Fail article that made me the saddest was Boob saying

'All of our family is involved in this relationship. It is an exciting time.'

How suffocating and scary must that be, to not only be trying to get to know someone who you will marry, but to do it with your family watching you so intensely. I know this isn't new information, but the way he said it really bothers me. This is a personal and intimate time in Jessa's life (even if she is not physically intimate with him, she is getting ready for a new stage in life), and her family is right there talking about how "exciting" their involvement is.

TLC should borrow a page from the Bachelor and have the wedding LIVE! :D Oh, what fun we'd have!!

They should show it live so we can see their fights and resolutions. :popcorn2:

Looks like b.s. to me, the article links to the 'press release' at Radar online which, unless I missed it, says nothing about engagement but rather 'dating with intent to marry'. Just more ~amazing~ 'journalism' in action.

ok, yeah, when I couldn't find the press release, I thought it might be. The only other thing I could find was on Perez Hilton. Rats:(

Dear rest of Duggar family:

This is NOT your courtship or engagement. YOU'RE not the one that will be married to Ben. YOU'RE not the one that will have to live with him or reproduce with him. It's not YOUR relationship. Back off and butt out.

The way Boob and Mullet are leghumping this guy suggests they want to climb in bed with the two of them for a foursome straight after the wedding. Just...creepy. And gross, very gross. :ew:

Dear rest of Duggar family:

This is NOT your courtship or engagement. YOU'RE not the one that will be married to Ben. YOU'RE not the one that will have to live with him or reproduce with him. It's not YOUR relationship. Back off and butt out.

The way Boob and Mullet are leghumping this guy suggests they want to climb in bed with the two of them for a foursome straight after the wedding. Just...creepy. And gross, very gross. :ew:

Or at least they take a picture of Boob and Mullet kissing next to Ben and Jessa kissing. Just the way they did with Smuggar and Anna. Gross!

Or at least they take a picture of Boob and Mullet kissing next to Ben and Jessa kissing. Just the way they did with Smuggar and Anna. Gross!

Or better (No, let's be honest. Worse. Definitely worse) yet, they can have a picture made of all three couples kissing together. :ew:

I need a "gag me" smiley. 'Ew' is no longer cutting it. Urgh.

How suffocating and scary must that be, to not only be trying to get to know someone who you will marry, but to do it with your family watching you so intensely.

Still, considering they can't even take a shit alone, I imagine having a few cameras rolling while they play a chess game with their intended or text message each other Bible verses while sitting side-by-side on the couch is probably a breeze by comparison.

I am certain they are engaged, but TLC is being very careful in their wording and not giving it away.

The quote from the Daily Fail article that made me the saddest was Boob saying

How suffocating and scary must that be, to not only be trying to get to know someone who you will marry, but to do it with your family watching you so intensely. I know this isn't new information, but the way he said it really bothers me. This is a personal and intimate time in Jessa's life (even if she is not physically intimate with him, she is getting ready for a new stage in life), and her family is right there talking about how "exciting" their involvement is.

If Jim Bob enjoys himself enough maybe he'll allow some of his other children to have relationships.

I'm not sure what it is, but neither of them makes me believe that they're actually following the whole courtship rulebook. Like, with Josh and Anna, it was super awkward and I didn't doubt for a second that they didn't kiss until they were married. Maybe it'll be different once I see them interact for real on the show, because I've only ever seen photos, but yeah. I dunno. It also seems like whatever monitoring is happening of texting and all that, it would be easy to get around.

He has some really big dreams. Good for him!

Jacob Sterling‎Ben Seewald

Yesterday at 5:57pm

Hey Ben

What is your major in school. What are your long term goals.

LikeComment

Ben Seewald Hey Jacob! I'm majoring in Business. Some of my long term goals are to continue preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and work for justice and reformation of society (which would include abolishing human abortion, fighting sex trafficking and slavery here in America and around the world).

Like · 2 hours ago

I may not agree with the abortion part, but he does seem rather ambitious. I like that. Maybe he will be willing to let Jessa fulfill her dreams too.

Jessa is looking very Angelina Jolie in that picture. I notice that her ring finger is hidden from view too.

Looks like the picture was taken from a salon. Maybe Jessa is trying out different wedding hair styles?

Or he was getting that "beard" of his trimmed :? Nah I can totally see wedding hair trial or something like that - not sure why you'd drag a man to one of those though. His-and-hers wedding trial?

She has this weird look on her face, looks to me like she's saying "oh fuck". Or maybe that's just me haha.

random, but i have just come out of lurkdom lol

I find it interesting that such traditional people with strict gender roles would allow their daughter to date someone younger than her. doesn't that kind of mess up the authority thing? I definitely dont see anything wrong with it at all... but im from a very traditional, ethnic culture that's patriarchal and a woman dating a man younger than her is a big no-no with my family so im just surprised its not the same with the duggars

random, but i have just come out of lurkdom lol

I find it interesting that such traditional people with strict gender roles would allow their daughter to date someone younger than her. doesn't that kind of mess up the authority thing? I definitely dont see anything wrong with it at all... but im from a very traditional, ethnic culture that's patriarchal and a woman dating a man younger than her is a big no-no with my family so im just surprised its not the same with the duggars

I'm surprised as well. In the regular world it isn't odd. It's hard to believe a 18 man is really ready for marriage and a load of kids. I realize people married young in the past...but maybe it just weren't many options back then. Ben doesn't look 18 and maybe JB was impressed because he had his own business at such a young age. Really hope they are NOT engaged yet. I find it hard to believe that someone "outside" their circle has not spilled the beans. Trust me, if I see her out somewhere with a new sparkle ring on, I'm TELLING. If they want it kept a secret she better just leave it at home.

I'm thinking it has everything to do with the show. If they didn't have the show, Boob and Mullet would probably be marrying off their daughters faster so that they would have less mouths to feed. As things are now, any suitor of the J'girls would have to be willing to be filmed and remain a part of the show once they've married said J'slave. Ben is young and inexperienced enough that he could be easily be influenced/manipulated by Jim Boob, especially if Boob is giving Benessa land to build a home on. I think most older suitors would have stronger opinions about whether or not they want their lives on TV.

I'm thinking it has everything to do with the show. If they didn't have the show, Boob and Mullet would probably be marrying off their daughters faster so that they would have less mouths to feed. As things are now, any suitor of the J'girls would have to be willing to be filmed and remain a part of the show once they've married said J'slave. Ben is young and inexperienced enough that he could be easily be influenced/manipulated by Jim Boob, especially if Boob is giving Benessa land to build a home on. I think most older suitors would have stronger opinions about whether or not they want their lives on TV.

This! It wouldn't be much of a show if it was "19 kids, with half on screen"

Thanks Seamstress! I never thought about it that way. Older, young guys might not want to parade around on TV and attend anti-abortion rallies. But...it's gotta be hard to turn down TLC funds :? Passing up a pretty virgin and some special income, just because you don't want to deal with the parents and cameras. Well, that's hard for me to believe as well :think:

Archived