IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if we did hear from Jessa, shed probably just be parroting her parents anyway. This is just skipping the middle woman, and is probably a tad more honest.

But I would rather her parrot her parents than them be all up in the media face. Look at me! My daughter is courting! Let me tell you everything while my daughter stays behind the curtain! If Jessa said anything, at least it would be Jessa speaking.

I wonder if maybe Jess a doesn't want her relationship in the spotlight like this. Maybe she would rather not talk about it, but her parents are all We Need Ratings! So they are putting Jessa's personal relationship out there so people will tune in to see a Duggar girl court.

"Several other young men attempted to woo Jessa before the congressman-turned-realtor, Jim Bob, approved of Ben.

'He's the first one she has shown interest in that has a spiritual focus and legitimate calling about ministry work,' the 48-year-old said."

Hmm. So there were men who approached JimBob who Jessa was interested in but they didn't pass his test.

Right??? So in other words, some of the speculations that she's not that into him may be true. She settled for the guy that could pass JB's test. That quote really speaks volumes about how much choice Jessa has in the matter. FFS, Jim Bob, it's not enough for you that the guy be religious in the way you are, he also has to have a "legitimate calling about ministry work"? Doesn't "ministry", in Duggarland, translate to "willing to live his life on TV as an 'example' to others?"

I'm confused by the "legitimate calling" part. Who is he to judge that young man's calling and whether or not it is legitimate? Isn't that between Ben and God? So presumptuous, in my opinion.

I'm confused by the "legitimate calling" part. Who is he to judge that young man's calling and whether or not it is legitimate? Isn't that between Ben and God? So presumptuous, in my opinion.

Maybe he means not just putting on a show for the family about being that religious

Yeah, Im guessing they get a lot of non legitimate ones from guys joking around, or guys who think the girls are hot and want to have sex with one of them, but don't genuinely love her and want to marry and eventually grow old with her.

Yeah, Im guessing they get a lot of non legitimate ones from guys joking around, or guys who think the girls are hot and want to have sex with one of them, but don't genuinely love her and want to marry and eventually grow old with her.

That concept is still beyond me. You have to know all that before you court them...

Even if we did hear from Jessa, shed probably just be parroting her parents anyway. This is just skipping the middle woman, and is probably a tad more honest.

Sadly, I must agree.

...because "they" didn't "court"! Michelle and JimBob dated like most of us. He was a dorky, never dated in his life Bible sharing boy; she was a just born again cheerleading, pant wearing girl. They dated and went to formals! They were pretty typical teenagers. Now, "they" set the standards for interacting with the opposite sex. if I were one of there children; I would challenge their policy and show them pics of their past!

I don't thin that strategy works though if the parents are convinced what they did is wrong. It's like if you were a drug addicted gang banger as a teen and then changed your life, you wouldn't want your kids to act the same way just because you did.

I don't think there is anything wrong with how Michelle and Jim Bob acted as teens ( actually I think it's really weird that they are so against dating when they are so obviously still in love with their high school sweethearts ) , but they think it was wrong.

The 19 Kids and Counting facebook page posted an article from InTouch magazine today. In the article it stated:

While they have plans to tie the knot soon, there won’t be any intimacy until they walk down the aisle! As the Duggar Family Blog puts it, “Jessa and Ben refrain from kissing or holding hands and always have a chaperone on dates, phone calls and even text messages.â€

So now I am beginning to think they are most definitely already engaged.

[link=]http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/the-new-season-of-19-kids-and-counting-will-feature-jessa-duggar-s-boyfriend-and-focus-on-their-courtship-35276[/link]

The 19 Kids and Counting facebook page posted an article from InTouch magazine today. In the article it stated:

While they have plans to tie the knot soon, there won’t be any intimacy until they walk down the aisle! As the Duggar Family Blog puts it, “Jessa and Ben refrain from kissing or holding hands and always have a chaperone on dates, phone calls and even text messages.â€

So now I am beginning to think they are most definitely already engaged.

[link=]http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/the-new-season-of-19-kids-and-counting-will-feature-jessa-duggar-s-boyfriend-and-focus-on-their-courtship-35276[/link]

I wouldn't really trust an article like that. What's their source? It's easy to assume that someone's going to get married soon if they're a fundamentalist Christian who's been courting for a few months. Sometimes these articles come out and they have totally erroneous information because they're using old news and they can't be bothered to do basic research.

I wouldn't really trust an article like that. What's their source? It's easy to assume that someone's going to get married soon if they're a fundamentalist Christian who's been courting for a few months. Sometimes these articles come out and they have totally erroneous information because they're using old news and they can't be bothered to do basic research.

The official 19 kids and counting facebook page by TLC posted it. I'm assuming TLC wouldn't be putting it up if it wasn't true.

I know, but it's one thing to say 'they have plans to tie the knot soon' and another to say they're definitely engaged. All these courtships are quick, almost always less than a year and then the engagement is like 3-6 months. I'm not saying they're not engaged, they very well may be, just that these articles tend to exaggerate to gain reader interest (and TLC does the same thing).

I'm sure the Boobster has it all planned out and is hoping they can keep pulling enough ratings to keep the show going through at least the birth of Jessa's first child.

This season will start with the beginnings of the courtship and will end with a "will they or won't they" question regarding the engagement. Next season will be the engagement and all the hullabaloo over the wedding plans and end with the wedding itself. To keep the series going past this point, Jessa and Ben will need some quick Lego instruction so they can immediately get working on a blessing. If that doesn't happen fast enough to feature a Duggar daughter pregnancy, there's a risk of the show being cancelled with only VSE's as follow ups. No pressure, kids!

So whether they're actually engaged or not now is almost irrelevant. They will be engaged and it will only be announced when the timing works for the show.

When are sweeps? Nov? I predict courtship with engagement the last episode of this season, then the wedding the last episode of next season. Pregnancy will be in the following.....

Right??? So in other words, some of the speculations that she's not that into him may be true. She settled for the guy that could pass JB's test. That quote really speaks volumes about how much choice Jessa has in the matter. FFS, Jim Bob, it's not enough for you that the guy be religious in the way you are, he also has to have a "legitimate calling about ministry work"? Doesn't "ministry", in Duggarland, translate to "willing to live his life on TV as an 'example' to others?"

I'm wondering if the others who approached asking to court were Internet creepers with an obsession. I think the way they go about it is bizarre...but I can see if I was a parent of a very pretty daughter who was a celebrity.....I would be very worried about guys being stalkers, or just sleaze balls who wanted their own fame. Part of the problem though is that she is so sheltered it is like a 14 year old trying to pick who to date out of a horde of fans. Scary.

When are sweeps? Nov? I predict courtship with engagement the last episode of this season, then the wedding the last episode of next season. Pregnancy will be in the following.....

The new season starts in about 5 weeks. So you figure it will end by early June. So maybe they"get engaged" in the last episode of the upcoming season with a new season starting around October? An actual wedding happening in September or October to be aired at the end of that season gives Jessa (blessa!) several months to become preganant in time for the Spring 2015 season and maybe a baby or at least a jender reveal by the fall season.

Yes, I'm a cynical bitch, but I really don't doubt for a second that Jessa's father is thinking like this.

From the In Touch article:

The 21-year-old reality star isn’t the only Duggar daughter to be showing a new-found independence and maturity. Jessa and her sisters—Jana, Jill and Jinger—have a book, called Growing Up Duggars, set to hit shelves next month!

Last time I checked having a book ghost-written that parrots everything mommy and daddy (and Gothard) want you to say, and sleeping in a dorm with your 4-year-old sister doesn't count as independence. :angry-banghead:

Agreed with whomever posted above that I hope Jana has a secret engagement/courtship that won't be revealed until the next season.

Hmmmm... 69 posts and I'm still holding out for hand sex. That's some willpower if you ask me! ;)

The new season starts in about 5 weeks. So you figure it will end by early June. So maybe they"get engaged" in the last episode of the upcoming season with a new season starting around October? An actual wedding happening in September or October to be aired at the end of that season gives Jessa (blessa!) several months to become preganant in time for the Spring 2015 season and maybe a baby or at least a jender reveal by the fall season.

Yes, I'm a cynical bitch, but I really don't doubt for a second that Jessa's father is thinking like this.

TLC should borrow a page from the Bachelor and have the wedding LIVE! :D Oh, what fun we'd have!!

The season is expected to end in May, so that mean with 10 episodes of two weeks will have back to back new episode. Then, probably return in September for the wedding the may have happened in June. Hopefully, we will see Jana with a someone special at the wedding with a note that she is engaged.

Wait! We may have something in regards to an engagement

news.softpedia.com/news/TLC-Confirms-Jessa-Duggar-s-Chaste-Engagement-Will-Be-Featured-on-19-Kids-Counting-428657.shtml

edited to add I can't find anything else more substantial. Can anyone find verification on this either?

Archived