IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

Guest Anonymous

I want to say I think Michelle and Jim Bob are selfish people. After the problems they have had with Josey you would think Jim Bob would have kept his pecker in his pants and left his wife alone so she could be a mother to her babies she has and neglects. Josey is still not in the best of health and for Michelle to get pregnant again while she has such an ill young one is just selfish and irresponsible. I felt angry at how she has passed off Josey to " her buddy" making that young woman responsible for the care of that sick little girl, when Josey needs her mommy. All the little ones in the Duggar Family need their mama and don't look as though they are getting the attention from momma that she Michelle should be giving them. Its time for Jim Bob to get a vasectomy to shut his supersperm fountain off once and for all. For him to believe that God will watch over his wife and keep her and the baby safe while she is pregnant is just plain ignorant. Michelle herself should realize once and for all that her baby making days are all but over because of her age and track record of problem pregnancy- Josie as the example. Its selfish of her to get pregnant because her health can be and danger and she can lose her life from complications of an unhealthy pregnancy, leaving what babies she does have without a mother.

Its too bad she lost the baby but I saw it coming. Has anyone noticed Michelle hasn't been in the best of health in the last couple of years with her emergency surgeries. Her body is starting to break down from all the trauma it has gone through from those many births and other health issues. If jim bob really loves Michelle he would step back and realize that the baby factory has to stop producing and that 19 children is enough children to complete the family.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to disagree with that. I know more women who HAVE miscarried, than those who haven't. And some of them grieve, and some of them are fine. Michelle hasn't cornered the market on miscarriage.

I don't know. Most of my friends that miscarried didn't tell me until I miscarried too. You're right, some women who miscarry don't grieve, I had a friend who lost six pregnancies before she conceived her daughter and wasn't particularly upset by any of it, but for those of us who DO grieve, there isn't a whole lot of social support out there. I was very surprised to find out how many of my friends had been through this--I think it is definitely considered a private topic. That's why you aren't supposed to announce the pregnancy until 12 weeks... because if you miscarry, you don't want to have to tell everyone. But I wish it was considered socially acceptable to grieve a lost pregnancy. For some of us, it's a palpable loss of a family member. I actually went into labor, gave birth to a perfect little baby the size of an apple in the toilet. I'm only 34 and I hope I'll have more kids, but they will never replace my sweet little boy.

I did not really grieve until my third (that was the really late one, too). I think with the first two I assumed they were a genetic anomaly and that if I wanted a baby, I could just have another. The third pregnancy had been going well until it suddenly was over, and also it was the magic number 3, the number of miscarriages that indicates there is a problem. tbh, having my last baby made the pain of all the miscarriages pretty much go away. But I don't believe that life begins at conception, other women with other beliefs, like Michelle, might have a different experience based on that.

I do sometimes wonder what they would have been like, but it is more curiosity and wistfulness than grief. I have that fifth baby that I never thought I would have, and I would rather have him than some other kid I have never met.

Any chance this could be moved to be with the normal topics? I know it's near it but I think that section is assumed to be board announcements. I missed it for a while myself.

Any chance this could be moved to be with the normal topics? I know it's near it but I think that section is assumed to be board announcements. I missed it for a while myself.

No

I saw the news at work but couldn't get here until now.

First, I wish I could go around and hug everybody here who's had a miscarriage. It's a sad, difficult situation both physically and emotionally.

Second, I'm more relieved than anything else, and everything everybody else has said. I hope they take this as the wakeup call it is, but I doubt they will. Reminds me of the story of the guy on the roof in the flood, ya know?

I did a quick perusal and didn't see that this had been covered as of yet.

Looks like the Duggar brood will not increase by +1 this go round:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45603597/ ... uGBlbL_noY

I am sad for the loss, as I know it personally, and my heart goes out to the Duggars, but I am hoping that they will take. the. frigging. hint. already!

No

I think a lot of people might be missing it up there....but I also think people are just going to start tons of threads on it anyway, so meh.

I missed it myself and sorry for posting what had already been posted a million times. But heh, I might have missed it in my shock.

I lost twins at 16 weeks and had to have a D&C a long time ago and thinking how far along Michelle was, well, won't she have to have a D&C? I wonder what she will think when she has to go through the exact same thing as an abortion. Morbid and I'm going to get flack for it but when I had to go through it myself I kept thinking that this was an abortion and is this the heart/soul pain others go through? Will she hold up mentally? I hope for everyone's sake, she can.

I missed it myself and sorry for posting what had already been posted a million times. But heh, I might have missed it in my shock.

I lost twins at 16 weeks and had to have a D&C a long time ago and thinking how far along Michelle was, well, won't she have to have a D&C? I wonder what she will think when she has to go through the exact same thing as an abortion. Morbid and I'm going to get flack for it but when I had to go through it myself I kept thinking that this was an abortion and is this the heart/soul pain others go through? Will she hold up mentally? I hope for everyone's sake, she can.

I really doubt Michelle will see this as "the exact same thing" as an abortion. Her baby supposedly died naturally.

Guest Anonymous

I read all the posts and I just want to say how sorry I am for all of you who have lost babies no matter how old they were. I think you are all very strong. I personally have not had this happen to me but my sister did and I see how she struggles with it every day and she is one of the strongest women I know.

I feel bad for the Duggars but I don't think this will be the last time we hear she is pregnant or has miscarried. This won't stop them unfortunately.

I really doubt Michelle will see this as "the exact same thing" as an abortion. Her baby supposedly died naturally.

I lost mine "naturally" in the sense that they just died but couldn't stop thinking morbid thoughts. I don't think she can see the irony of having a D&C to save her life/end pregnancy as other women having to have an abortion to do the same thing.

How sad. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, baby 1 or 40. :(

This. It's a tragedy no matter how many children someone has.

I worried when I read the article though. All they said was how devastated the children were. I hope she doesn't shove her feelings down and force a smile through it. She needs to grieve.

This. It's a tragedy no matter how many children someone has.

I worried when I read the article though. All they said was how devastated the children were. I hope she doesn't shove her feelings down and force a smile through it. She needs to grieve.

As much as I dislike the Duggar parents, I sure hope that Michelle doesn't do the 'keep sweet' attitude towards this. It isn't mentally healthy.

I had nightmares for years as a kid over some "baby in a jar" I saw in a book or a movie once. If my parents had done what Santorum did when my mother miscarried, it would have severely freaked me out.

I think you're talking about the movieThe Other and it rates as one of the creepiest films I've ever seen.

I think you're talking about the movieThe Other and it rates as one of the creepiest films I've ever seen.

THAT'S IT!. The creepy twin movie. God, I'd forgetten all about it. Thanks.

I want to let everybody who has written about their experiences with miscarriage and stillbirth, that I'm so sorry for your losses. When a baby is loved and wanted, that must be incredibly heartbreaking and I can't imagine how that must feel. I do think that it's wonderful that you're all brave enough to share your experiences. I'm sure that you're helping people by doing so, and I hope that it's also healing for those of you who need it.

I actually feel pretty sad for the Duggar family. As others have said, whether it's baby #1 or baby #20, this is something very sad. Although I hate it when people say that a miscarriage is "for the best", I do think that if the baby had survived longer, it most likely would have been very ill and would have suffered greatly. And although Michelle isn't much of a mother to the children that she does have, I know it would break their hearts if they lost her. I really hope that she is no longer able to get pregnant, because I am sure that she will keep trying no matter what. It would be lovely if this experience would make her realize the blessings that she already has in her 19 children, and would make her decide to be a hands-on mother, but I know that won't happen. Their entire family situation is pretty tragic.

I'm currently one day past my due date with my first child, and I'm often paying close attention to fetal movements and keeping track of their timing, because the thought of losing my baby terrifies me. Maybe part of why I feel so sorry for the Duggars right now is just due to my thoughts being clouded by my own pregnancy. At the moment, it seems easier to overlook their selfishness and the fact that they are really shitty parents who unfortunately would have just given this baby the attention it needed until the next one came along.

I am not worried about them blaming this on Josiah. What I am worried about is that they might think they brought this on themselves by being too worldly and become more conservative and isolated in response.

As for the side issue of families taking pictures of stillborn children, holding the dead child, and/or showing the dead child to other people, eh, I am very reluctant to judge other people's ways of grieving such terrible tragedies. Even though a stillborn child is not an easy thing to look at, I do understand why a parent who will never get to see that child alive and never have normal baby pictures of the child might cling desperately to photos of the dead child and want to be able to share those photos with others.

Death is unfortunately a part of life and I do believe in being very open about it. I've experienced a lot of death in my life and my approach is just to try to face it head on rather than denying it.

I don't agree with forcing kids to kiss a dead relative though. To me, that does go a little too far.

Archived