IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

I believe you usually start to feel the baby move at around 17weeks? And I think Michelle was at least 20weeks along. For a woman who had been pregnant so many times I suspect she would have worried if she hadnt felt movement at all so this leads me to believe its likely the baby was not dead for that long.

To those posting saying they are glad this happened and such things......that is a HORRIBLE DISGUSTING thing to say about anyone even your own worst enemy. Things like this happen everyday and often to young healthy women also. This family have a strong faith and trust in god to guide them which I think is very admirable.

As for the announcements so soon. Isnt there a chance that people may have been doing an article about the pregnancy and sex of the baby? Also the duggars are very well known and other people at the hospital could easily have seen them go in so excited and come out devastated. The truth is if Jim Bob and People didnt make an announcement quick I bet we would still have heard about it by the end of the day

Ah a purposeful one post wonder who never read that we were a snark board, bless your little heart.

edited for a fuck you

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breathe, hon. We might not be the droids you are looking for, just with a glance to your username. We can say anything we damn well please, here, kind or not. I mean, you're welcome to say it, I just think The Cheese Stands Alone (and unlocked).

I feel awful for her; I would not wish that experience on any woman, not even one with less maternal instinct than a cat.

This. Of course I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anyone. But it doesn't mean that I have to approve of their fertility cult and what will no doubt be a race to get pregnant again. The woman is only a bit younger than me and it would be extremely irresponsible of me to become pregnant. At some point, you've rolled the dice one too many times and you're borrowing trouble, and possibly a lifetime of suffering for an innocent child. Our bodies are not meant to reproduce indefinitely.

I believe you usually start to feel the baby move at around 17weeks? And I think Michelle was at least 20weeks along. For a woman who had been pregnant so many times I suspect she would have worried if she hadnt felt movement at all so this leads me to believe its likely the baby was not dead for that long.

To those posting saying they are glad this happened and such things......that is a HORRIBLE DISGUSTING thing to say about anyone even your own worst enemy. Things like this happen everyday and often to young healthy women also. This family have a strong faith and trust in god to guide them which I think is very admirable.

NOBODY has said they were glad this happened; nobody on FJ, anyway.

Getting pregnant with your 20th child in your 40's is far more reckless than admirable. Michelle put her own health and life on the line as well as the baby's and risked orphaning her living children. That is such a huge risk to take and the potential consequences to her family are terrifying. If behaving so selfishly and irresponsibly is "God's will", God is an a-hole.

Sorry for feeding the troll. :oops:

No mention of baby Gabriel Santorum's mom in the process...Yup, they only see women as human incubators. Oh, and "Santorum" always remind me of Dan Savage.

Byproduct! :laughing-rollingyellow:

As for the announcements so soon. Isnt there a chance that people may have been doing an article about the pregnancy and sex of the baby? Also the duggars are very well known and other people at the hospital could easily have seen them go in so excited and come out devastated. The truth is if Jim Bob and People didnt make an announcement quick I bet we would still have heard about it by the end of the day

Amy, is that you?

Amy, is that you?

hmmm....punctuation is awful, but she's reasonably coherent. So I vote no; it's just another fundie nutter.

Byproduct! :laughing-rollingyellow:

Seriously, me too, I die laughing every time I hear his name, and I realize not everyone reads Dan Savage, especially when I tried to explain this to my husband! He was very squicked out.

I feel bad for them it is really sad.I don't wish a miscarriage on anyone.Maybe they will stop now my guess they will quickly try and make up for their loss by trying again.I hope this will stop them listen to what your being told from above Duggars .

Seriously, me too, I die laughing every time I hear his name, and I realize not everyone reads Dan Savage, especially when I tried to explain this to my husband! He was very squicked out.

Please remember to google santorum every time you type it. We must keep that search engine primed :lol:

Actually no relation or friend of the Duggar family. And I'm not a fundie...hell I'm not even American or a member of any church.

I get that you all dont agree with everything the Duggar's do and thats absolutely fine and that this is a snark forum but when something tragic like this has literally just happened?? Save the judgement and the snark for another day.

This happened to me as well. Went in for a routine ultrasound right at the end of 4th or beginning of 5th month, even took my daughter ( who was 5 ) to see her little brother or sister.. and no heartbeat. They however, just sent me home to loose it in the toilet, such great folks that they were. I started getting horrific cramps in the deli, getting lunchmeat a few days later, and began passing clots of the weirdest smelling stuff I ever smelled. Only after a day of this did someone finally tell me to come in to the ER for a D&C.

I was very bitter at the time, in retrospect, it was a lot easier to leave the bastard with one kid than with two. God works in mysterious ways, doesn't she?

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, not even Mullet.

This happened to me at 16 weeks - went in for a routine ultrasound and no heartbeat was detected. I then spent 3 days going in for daily bloodwork to confirm hcg levels. After 3 days of bloodwork, I had another ultrasound and then was admitted to the hospital.

The technical word for the procedure I had was a D & E, the fetus was estimated to have demised at 14-15 weeks gestation. I was taken to the OR and sedated - I woke up in recovery.

One of the saddest eperiences of my life.

Just wanted to say I am SO sorry for your loss. I never knew how painful this could be until I miscarried at 13 weeks. I had just seen my little guy wiggling and being generally awesome two days earlier via ultrasound and I woke up at one in the morning in labor. It was so gut-wrenching.

I wish you & your family lots of love and healing.

Actually no relation or friend of the Duggar family. And I'm not a fundie...hell I'm not even American or a member of any church.

I get that you all dont agree with everything the Duggar's do and thats absolutely fine and that this is a snark forum but when something tragic like this has literally just happened?? Save the judgement and the snark for another day.

Sorry hon, you don't get to make the rules here.

Wow, that's a pretty late miscarriage, isn't it? I hope she is ok.

ETA: what worries me is that she went completely bonkers blaming herself after her first miscarriage (her use of birth control!). I really hope she doesn't go nuts trying to find a "reason" for this or thinking it was some sin in her life that caused it.

I'm so sorry for them, and for all of us who have lost a child (myself included). It is an awful thing to deal with.

I have a relative (by marriage) who lost her son in her 9th month, just after her due date. Unfortunately, she decided to make a photo of his corpse her Facebook profile photo for 6 months. I felt awful for her loss, and respect her grief, but seeing that was very hard for me. But what do you do, you know? Hide her, that's all I could do.

DinnerPlateDahlia, your reaction is completely understandable and very human. I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a missed miscarriage as well. It was a terrible shock, and I do feel badly for Michelle. However, I think she was very reckless to go through with another pregnancy with her age and history. I'm glad this was all that happened ... Michelle could have lost her own life as well. There is no doubt in my mind that Jim Boob and Michelle will try again, their passive aggressive reasoning regarding God will explain this all away. If Michelle is able to conceive, we'll hear about it in another "announcement".

Fuck off Jemima. We post as we will.

tbh, part of me wonders if maybe they did not have to end the pregnancy because of eclampsia again and they are trying to spin the story so their critics were not right.

Sadly, I don't think they would end a pregnancy even if it meant Michelle's life. I think they would just let her die right along with the fetus. I hope it doesn't come to this.

Most women have had miscarriages, even if they know it or not. I am glad I don't share their beliefs. Granted, my dozen and a half or so did not make it to the 2nd trimester, I was a 1rst trimester miscarrier, but I couldn't imagine naming and burying each one. I have empathy, here, but if this were some "ungodly" woman, it would be blamed on her working outside the home, being unmarried, or that one time Kurt put his hand under her shirt on her mama's porch.

I realize grief is a personal thing, however, upthread someone mentioned having to kiss the dead. We had to kiss my dead 2 year old sister, all of the children had to. I remember my lips burned...traumatic.

They are directly responsible for what happened. They have 19 other kids who need their love and presence and they went and undertook a highly risky pregnancy for TV ratings. Yes, it's tragic. Which is why they shouldn't gamble on Michelle's, a potential child's, and their whole family's future for shallow and materialistic reasons again.

Whoops, riffles!

Archived