IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

Holy shit, what's with the hand-slappers with miniscule post counts? It's jarring to hear people express shock at something that seems totally normal to others? Dear, dear, you all have some serious growing up to do.

I've never been pregnant but I would definitely not want to carry a dead baby around inside me, and I can't imagine what it's like for women who have. A lot of the posters here who have said that have gone through that, so telling them not to be honest about their experiences is absolute horse shit.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've lurked here a bit and watched the show off and on while it has been on. I'm wondering what Josiah did that would cause them to blame this miscarriage on him?

Maybe someone can convince them that being on television caused it?

If you watch the tell-all episode, Josiah runs off camera immediately after hearing the news, and comes back looking very upset. He's not jumping for joy at the news, so of course it's his fault the miscarriage happened.

I would just throw a word of caution in here that a lot of people on this board ( myself included), have lost babies to miscarriage or stillbirth. While we may not all agree on when life begins, for a lot of women their heart dies a little with a miscarriage, no matter how early. Perhaps the mods could post a sensitive topic header?

We don't do that here, sorry. People are welcome to do so to their own posts, but the mods aren't going to do that.

And I had a stillborn child. So I am not immune to the effects it has one people. However, this is very obviously a thread on miscarriage, and FJ is not a place for those with thin skin.

Also? I am glad the jslaves don't have another child to raise.

I think that people know that a core purpose of FJ is to snark on the Duggars, and when clicking on this thread, they'd be incredibly naive to think the thread is going to be a Duggar lovefest. As far as kissing dead babies, we've had those discussion before on FJ (how different people handle miscarriage - anyone remember horrid Emma who held her very small fetus in her hand in front of her children and asked them to pray for its resurrection?).

If miscarriage in general is triggering, then I don't know why they wouldn't simply skip the thread, as the word "miscarriage" is clearly in the topic title.

edited b/c I cross-posted with about five people

Totally not surprised. I actually don't think that this is her first miscarriage since Josie was born...I've seen her randomly looking pregnant, then not. Her body needs a god-damn break.....for like the next 30 years!

I am sorry for the hurt she must be feeling.

Are you lost?

Yeah, uh, next time, don't use breadcrumbs and the birds won't eat your trail back to your bridge, dear.

I had to kiss my dead sibling, who was two, and I was five. It was gross, and I don't mind saying it. I loved my sister, and still do, but making a five year old do that? Fuuuuuck No! I know how traumatizing it was for me, so yes, I can speak about it with authority and say what I please about it, because it happened to me.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe they were never pregnant to begin with. They just made up the pregnancy to show that they still trusted god and that Josie's situation did not make them change their principles. And now they just claim miscarriage. This way they are still Quiverfull heros, but without any more babies.

I snarkily thought this but I'm sure it's not true. I'd put more stock in a medically necessary abortion due to p-e, or some such condition. Even then, I think Michelle would rather die for the cameras than abort.

You can see that the topic is about a miscarriage from the title.

I have healed from my miscarriages, but when I was still really hurting from them I did not mind discussion of miscarriage or stillbirth. What really bothered me was seeing pregnant women or healthy babies. It used to bother me so much, as crazy as it seems.

We all know our triggers and this thread is obviously about miscarriages. Fair enough warning.

I have enormous sympathy for the kids, we saw first hand that they had pretty visable reactions to the pregnancy announcement in the first place (and not all good), most especially Josiah. I really really hope there isn't another "sin in the camp" or Michelle doesn't go all the way off the fundie deep-end or somthing (more than she already is) and put more emotional abuse, stress, and work on the Jslaves.

Edited because I really did pass the first grade, I promise

If you watch the tell-all episode, Josiah runs off camera immediately after hearing the news, and comes back looking very upset. He's not jumping for joy at the news, so of course it's his fault the miscarriage happened.

I was thinking about him... I feel bad for him. It was my impression that he cried because he was worried something would happen to Michelle. So now, if she did have to have a D&C or anything like that, it's probably really traumatizing for him. I can only imagine how he'd react if she gets pg again. Poor kid.

So if miscarriage #1 means have more babies, does miscarriage #2 mean stop?

I think this might be the end of the TLC gravy train unless a hasty J'Slave or JD wedding can be organised...

Joy must be so relieved not to have to become a full sister-mom.

I think Michelle would rather die for the cameras than abort.

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately. Hopefully the ol' womb closes before it gets to that point.

Guest Anonymous
Little kids think thoughts have power. So I bet many of them think they caused the miscarriage by secretly not wanting a new baby.

This. And teens, like Josiah, can also feel very guilty when a baby they didn't want is miscarried.

They really need a stable adult to give them all the assurance in the world that bad stuff just happens sometimes, and no-one is to blame. Unlikely to come from the J-parents though, sadly. :cry:

So how is trying to get pregnant when you are at extremely high risk of having a major medical problem or loosing the child any better then someone that accidentally gets pregnant and deciding on an abortion because they can't take care of the child? is there really any big difference?

:o I feel sorry for them, as I would with anyone's miscarriage, but can't help thinking that it always was likely to be a more risky pregnancy. Maybe they will take it as a sign that they should stop trying to get Michelle pregnant and concentrate on the children they have already.

I still wonder if this whole pregnancy was a fake. They got pregnant just in time for the season finale and their World Tour specials. It lasted long eough for all the World Tour episodes to air and then miscarriage in the second trimester. I could be wrong and I hope they wouldn't fake a pregnancy but it just seems particularly well timed to me.

On some level, I was expecting this news. I feel bad in a way, but I think my primary reaction is relief. My only concern is that Jim Bob and Michelle might blame one of the kids similar to the whole "sin in the camp" situation. I don't care if they blame themselves, though. These people are so indoctrinated, I think some heavy contemplation about their belief system would do them good.

What I don't get is they were going in for the anatomy scan in which you find out the gender of the baby. Yes, there was no heartbeat but wouldn't they have still looked to see what the gender was? They mentioned in the article that they will hold a funeral and name the baby after they find out if it is a boy or girl. Just seems strange that they wouldn't ask them to find out then.

Also, slightly unrelated but I rewatched the 3rd part of the tell all episode and saw the bit about Josiah you guys mention. Didn't someone mention too though something where JimBob yells at him in that episode? Is that at the same part? I must have missed it.

CynicMom wrote: Little kids think thoughts have power. So I bet many of them think they caused the miscarriage by secretly not wanting a new baby.

This.

I really feel sorry for them & hope they have time to grieve privately. Based on the whole 'Sin in the Camp' fiasco, I'm concerned for Josiah. He had a very dramatic reaction to the whole 20th announcement. Hate to say it, but I can imagine passive-aggressive guilt trips from Ma & Pa Duggar.

Michelle has to get a cerclage to successfully stay pregnant. She has high bp issues leading to severe pre-eclampsia, even possible eclampsia (if they took Josie to save Michelle's life, it had to be to the point of eclampsia). She has carried 19 babies, including 2 sets of twins, so she's at very high risk of uterine rupture, not to mention the three or four c-sections, sending that risk even higher, and adding scar tissue to her uterus.

The possibility now of her successfully carrying a baby to term or even NEAR term is so low, like ridiculously small. I know people with less risk than her who were told to never get pregnant again. How can she not be scared of death? All I dealt with was pre-e and induction at 37 weeks along with oligahydraminos (low amniotic fluid) and I am scared to death to get pregnant again. Does she really want to die?

What I don't get is they were going in for the anatomy scan in which you find out the gender of the baby. Yes, there was no heartbeat but wouldn't they have still looked to see what the gender was? They mentioned in the article that they will hold a funeral and name the baby after they find out if it is a boy or girl. Just seems strange that they wouldn't ask them to find out then.

Also, slightly unrelated but I rewatched the 3rd part of the tell all episode and saw the bit about Josiah you guys mention. Didn't someone mention too though something where JimBob yells at him in that episode? Is that at the same part? I must have missed it.

if it was a missed miscarriage (the fetus' age at death was under 14 weeks) they probably wouldn't be able to see gender.

Archived