IGNORED

People is reporting that Michelle Duggar miscarried MERGED

MerryHappy

I really doubt Michelle will see this as "the exact same thing" as an abortion. Her baby supposedly died naturally.

It was the Lord's will. God is the most prolific abortionist of them all.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps they will just leave it and trust it to God rather than the medical establishment. Then she could end up with a lithopedion

an all-natural god-given intrauterine contraception device.

/cynicalgrumpydoctorcomments]

The Us article had a link to Michelle's blog about #20, which has now been taken down. I feel very sorry for the whole family, regardless of their shitty parenting skills

Thank God. I believe this is a blessing, given her age and history.

I feel the same way. Every time they announced a pregnancy I felt so badly for the future Jautomaton. If that makes me a bad person, well then, I guess I'm a bad person.

I feel the same way. Every time they announced a pregnancy I felt so badly for the future Jautomaton. If that makes me a bad person, well then, I guess I'm a bad person.

Same.

I'm never exactly happy about someone having a miscarriage if they actually wanted the baby (which is up for debate in J'Uterus' case, I know), but I can't help but think it's for the best.

I am so sorry for their loss. Although, I do hope that Michelle and the rest of the Duggar family will now be more considerate of people that experience miscarriages/ hard time conceiving instead of just acting as if everything good happens to them with concieving because they are "holier than thou."

I can't honestly say I feel sorry for the parents, but I do feel sorry for the kids that have to deal with this. The theory that she was never pregnant is an interesting one, but I don't think so.

I can see them blaming it on Josiah. I just hope they won't.

Michelle:

This is god SCREAMING you should stop. NOW.

While it is sad that Michelle lost this baby, it was inevitable IMO. Really, what will it take for Michelle to stop? She already has a very ill child. Why can't she just accept that her body isn't meant to carry another child to term? I seriously am skeptical of the Michelle and JimBob, so I always question their intentions. I really think Michelle likes to play the martyr role and that's why she keeps trying to have more kids. She is an ill woman, very ill.

To expand on something Elster said - something else that can happen:

When I was pregnant with our oldest son, I was pregnant with twins. Sometime between an ultrasound at 9 weeks and one at 12 weeks, the other twin died. There was not much to do but to go home and watch and wait, and I was just beside myself with grief b/c we so wanted these babies. But I never started to bleed or anything, and I kept going back for rechecks. The remaining baby, my now-21-year-old, continued to develop and grow swimmingly.

The whole other pregnancy dissolved eventually and my body just absorbed it. :shock: It's actually quite a common occurrence, I came to find out, called Vanishing Twin Syndrome. In earlier times before ultrasound, I would have never known I was ever expecting twins.

Same thing happened to my sister, who is 24 and pregnant with her first, in super healthy condition. Can happen to anyone.

She didn't grieve at all though. Is that weird?

She wasn't hoping to get pregnant in the first place though, it was an accident.

Just hope they do NOT make a funeral episode out of all of this :shock:

Josiah can come live with me when I adopt everyone down from Hannie. More in a big sister kind of way, but I can deal with a teenager too and he does not seem like much of a troublemaker. :)

It would be fun to explore education possibilities with him and since college is pretty much free here, I'd have no issues sending him there. He could hang out with other students, maybe meet some girls, or boys, whatever he prefers, explore some hobbies and also all of Europe. For his 18th birthday, I'd send him backpacking through Europe.

Sigh...... :violin: *sad violin music*

I feel bad for them - I'm sure it is a hard time for them to go though. But I keep thinking that things could have been so much worse had something happened to Michelle as well as the baby. I wish they would stop having kids, but I don't think they will until something happens to Michelle.

I feel sorry for them, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But I hope that they take this as a message to close up shop and value the kids they have. I doubt they will though, I expect she will be pregnant again within 6 months and do a Kelly Bates with hormone injections.

When my gma died at home after battling cancer, my mom kissed her on the forehead as a good-bye. I think my sister did, too, and I don't think my brother was at the house. I felt pressured to kiss her, too, because I didn't want to hurt my gpa's feelings and I didn't want to look like an asshole. It grossed me out and I REALLY didn't want to. I think my mom asked me if I wanted to kiss her, or maybe she told me to, but that doesn't sound like something my mom would do. Anyway, I did it to make other people happy. I was 22 years old, married, and pregnant with our first kid. I can't imagine being a young child and being forced to hold and/or kiss a dead infant/fetus, no matter what culture I'm in. But that's just me.

I have 2 questions:

1. If it's in the 2nd trimester and the woman has to deliver it like she would a live baby, is the baby then considered a fetus or an infant?

2. For the people who brought home their stillborn children and kept them for several days, what about decomp and smell? The child is dead, so wouldn't the natural process of decomp have started? I doubt nature takes a step back and puts itself on hold for a grieving family. And where do they put the baby? Do they hold it while they sleep, even though it's no longer alive? I can't imagine taking it home for an extended grief session only to have to return it to the hospital. Or did they take it to a mortuary. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I'm really curious how these families (just that one family?) deal with the details that one doesn't usually think about until you're faced with having to deal with the situation.

Elvis had a twin who was stillborn, correct?

My MIL had stillborn twin girls when they were 8 months along. To go through a pregnancy and not have a live baby to show for it just seems like a waste of time, energy, and effort, not to mention the heartache that goes along with it. I can't help but think, "All that for nothing? Are you fucking KIDDING ME?!" But, miscarriages are usually because there's something wrong with the development of the fetus. I just wish biology would figure it out before it got to the point before the woman knew she was pregnant.

Did Kelly Bates publically admit hormone injections?

Yup. She defended it as "God made the progesterone and it sustains life so it's all good." Okay, she didn't say it was all good, but that's what she implied. I wouldn't be surprised if there were progesterone shots in Mullet's future. Kelly didn't start getting hers until she had a miscarriage at about the same time in her pregnancy that Michelle did. Of course, she was a couple years younger then and has since had another miscarriage, Judson, another miscarriage, and the current pregnancy. So it looks like that even with progesterone (how soon does that start anyway?) that miscarriages can still happen, since we know she's had interventions since that big miscarriage.

Wow, that's sure "letting God decide". I am suprised she publically admitted it though.

What does she think God made condoms for?

Oh wait...it was Satan who made those. Just so convenient, whatever you want to use/support is made by God, everything else by Satan. Can also change sometimes. When you have "prayed about it" and god "gave you an answer."

I want to scream.

Oh yeah, and I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if Juterus used those in the future, makes for another Today Show appearance and for more hate from Americans and around the world.

I hope for the second part.

We just lost our first on Tuesday, two days before our 12 week scan. They think it died at about 7 weeks. The NHS midwife seemed shocked by our desire to take the fetus home, but they did box it up nicely for us. I'll never be able to look at take-home food the same way again. It's now waiting in a drawer in our refrigerator while I paint a little wood box to bury it in. We're pro-choice and I believe that a fetus becomes a person when it can exist outside the womb, but I couldn't let them just throw mine away.

I can't help but feel bitter about that cow not being satisfied with the 19 lovely children she already has when we just wanted the one so badly.

We just lost our first on Tuesday, two days before our 12 week scan. They think it died at about 7 weeks. The NHS midwife seemed shocked by our desire to take the fetus home, but they did box it up nicely for us. I'll never be able to look at take-home food the same way again. It's now waiting in a drawer in our refrigerator while I paint a little wood box to bury it in. We're pro-choice and I believe that a fetus becomes a person when it can exist outside the womb, but I couldn't let them just throw mine away.

I can't help but feel bitter about that cow not being satisfied with the 19 lovely children she already has when we just wanted the one so badly.

I'm sorry for your loss ,and I can understand you're bitter!

(hug)

How sad. Miscarriage and infant loss can be devastating and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I hope they take this as a big hint from the man upstairs and quit while they're way, way ahead on childbearing.

I won't get on the idle speculation bus that they terminated or that she was never pregnant - as creepy as the Duggars are, I don't think those are true when statistically speaking the odds are that she legitimately miscarried. Michelle is 45 and the clinical miscarriage rate is around 50% at that age, mainly due to the far higher odds of a chromosomal disorder (many of which are incompatible with life). It sucks, but the reality is that fertility and one's ability to have a live birth with one's own genetic child takes a serious plunge after 40. Getting pregnant to begin with is much harder if not already impossible, and staying pregnant and carrying to term is also far less likely. At 45 the risk of stillbirth is way up, and the risk of all kinds of complications goes up. There's a reason that "advanced maternal age" is 35 or 40 years old; it's a whole different ballgame when the mom in question is 45+. Add in the previous issues that Michelle had with her last pregnancy and I'm honestly pretty shocked they made it this far.

Michelle would have been roughly 18 weeks so it's the correct scheduling for the big anatomy ultrasound. The doctors may not have been following her constantly because until close to the halfway point even MFM doctors are somewhat limited in what they can do. If a woman's going to miscarry there are only a few things they can try (progesterone, cerclage, etc.) and those interventions are for specific, known miscarriage risks and have to be timed correctly to have a good chance of success. Just having potentially damaged genetic material isn't something that the doctors can do a damned thing about.

If Michelle truly did have preeclampsia or HELLP this early on and they terminated to save her life, she'd still be in the hospital right now being treated and monitored, not at home with her family.

Yup. She defended it as "God made the progesterone and it sustains life so it's all good." Okay, she didn't say it was all good, but that's what she implied. I wouldn't be surprised if there were progesterone shots in Mullet's future. Kelly didn't start getting hers until she had a miscarriage at about the same time in her pregnancy that Michelle did. Of course, she was a couple years younger then and has since had another miscarriage, Judson, another miscarriage, and the current pregnancy. So it looks like that even with progesterone (how soon does that start anyway?) that miscarriages can still happen, since we know she's had interventions since that big miscarriage.

I took progesterone supplements this pregnancy. I started them right away after getting a positive test. You take the pill supplements up to 12 weeks when the placenta takes over and produces the progesterone itself.

Some people take P17 shots throughout the pregnancy, too. Once a week I think. Those are used to prevent premature labor so I don't think that's what she's taking but rather what I mentioned above.

How sad. Miscarriage and infant loss can be devastating and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I hope they take this as a big hint from the man upstairs and quit while they're way, way ahead on childbearing.

This. All I want to say about it.

I took progesterone supplements this pregnancy. I started them right away after getting a positive test. You take the pill supplements up to 12 weeks when the placenta takes over and produces the progesterone itself.

Some people take P17 shots throughout the pregnancy, too. Once a week I think. Those are used to prevent premature labor so I don't think that's what she's taking but rather what I mentioned above.

yeah IMO it's different than fertility treatments. Plus miscarriages happen like 20-30% of each pregnancy, so even with the medication she needs for the embryo to stay in the uterus she's still susceptible to miscarriages (DNA problems, etc).

I am no expert but if I understand the progesterone shots right, this has nothing to do with Michelle's case, where she did not "miscarry" i.e. preterm labor, but the foetus just died.

Archived