IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 21: Let's PRIASE the Lord

samurai_sarah

20 hours ago, Xan said:

Gary is back on Facebook trying to win the argument without putting forth much effort.

2140062759_Screenshot(13206).png.c9c9a0f55916b9e8af5d4a97261c997f.png

Ok, folks.  You need to understand that Jesus' blood covered all past sins and any future sins.  Quit arguing about works or getting re-saved.  See, I'm covered.  Alright?  It Bible!

It's just weird that people came up with a religion in which being covered by blood is a good thing.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, thoughtful said:

The debate goes on (sort of - Ap posted a bunch of unpleasant and incoherent answers to Don), without Gary:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7ec42efbdcebde56ac4f656d8a30c240.png

Ap (short for apostle - I kid you not) is a real piece of work - conspiracy theories, aliens, Trump begging for money - he posts a full Bingo card of right wing bullshit on his Facebook page daily, as far as I can see.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009946999120&comment_id=Y29tbWVudDo2NDEzNDMyNDEyMDM0ODcyXzE4NTE3ODU1MDg1MzA0ODE%3D

Who the heck names their kid Apostle ? I keep wanting to read Ap as Ape which makes me picture a giant gorilla pounding his chest. Unfair to the gorilla who is likely head and shoulders above Ap in intellect. 

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Who the heck names their kid Apostle ?

I think he just calls himself that on Facebook. I did see this on his page:

image.png.9f6177ceedf4994391a85462fdef168e.png

So I suspect that Clovis is his real first name.

Don't ask me wtf that story is supposed to mean - this guy is just as incoherent, gossipy and judgmental as Gary.

Several of Gary's commenters include a title like "evangelist" before their names on Facebook. I guess they need to make sure everyone knows their role in life, and that they are a super-duper True Christian ™️.

Even funnier, to me, are the joint accounts with both male and female names, from these people who are so rigid about sexuality and would be horrified to think that anyone would look at their Facebook page and think that it was one person who is gender fluid.

David Jill Noyes Rodrigues, for example. 😁

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

I did try to look him up but there isn't much there.  The woman about whom he was complaining lost her husband relatively recently and the husband had been a deacon in that church for over 30 years.  I figure she had as much right to complain about old Clovis as anybody.  The fact that two ministers also agreed to show him the door makes it pretty clear that "Ap" Robinson was the one in the wrong here.  In short, just the sort of people who are drawn to Gary -- ignorant, petty, and possessing an inflated ego.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Oooh… God… do I click it?? Do I click it??

I did, and...well...let's just say I'm having some regrets.😳 🥴

• I Agree 6

Clovis has (had? the video is eight years old) a singing group. While neither the message or the musical style is my cup of tea, they actually sound considerably better than Gary's family, or the Rods  - they can do the twangy country gospel thing.

Spoiler

ETA - Clovis actually comments that he'd had throat cancer, so his voice might not be as good as it used to be. He still sounds better than Gary on his best day.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I did, and...well...let's just say I'm having some regrets.😳 🥴

I looked up his page and wish I hadn’t. Boy, you’re not kidding about those conspiracy theories! 

• Upvote 4

Gary is getting an early start on dissing that whole bunny and egg thing:

Spoiler

image.png.a8ae5f44bfe368b486a8daca37a54b31.png

Most comments are just amens, but this guy goes into some detail:

Spoiler

image.png.7c0e0b3018c04f112e1f3ed43b5b69e7.png

ETA - the argument under the "know so" salvation post is still going on - Don and Albert snipped and screamed at one another for a while. Nothing really new, though, and Gary hasn't come back to it.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Thank You 5

I think Gary and a lot of the other fundies do this renaming nonsense just to take the fun (and expense) out of holidays.  No Easter?  No Easter candy and hiding eggs and no baskets left out for the Easter bunny.  Resurrection Sunday?  You get to preach a lot about how Jesus died and rose again and you buy nothing.  That second one is right up Gary's alley.  

For Gary, Christianity isn't fun at all.  It's concentrating on sin and death and trying not to burn in eternal hellfire.  Jesus isn't about love and looking after your fellow man.   He's just there to pour blood on you and cleanse you of your sins.  

If Gary could figure out a way to make Christmas about death, he'd do it.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

The KING soon coming. Is this Jesus or Tarzan, Gary?

image.png.cce674fda18d42058be527e8ba7f71e8.png

Elvis is coming back? My mom will be so excited.

• Haha 12

Some comments under Gary's latest post (I thought "Nivkey" was a typo, then I realized it's supposed to be an insult to the NIV. However, the order of adjectives in the description of Jesus is great - he was long, eh? :GPn0zNK: ) :

image.png.bde7a97ad74429fb487fd3512087a25f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 1

Gary, if only you were really content to "be loner" (warning, gruesome yet somehow goofy, image of someone burning in hell):

Spoiler

image.png.0e8d74a046f975c2199422a76ee24d91.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Oh, Gary.  Let's just look at this logically, shall we?

1.  If you're thrown into a pit of fire, eventually you will die.  That's just the way fire works.

2.  Let's say this is some imaginary fire.  If it caused you extreme pain, eventually you'd faint and probably end up comatose.

3.  Where's the smoke, Gary?  Anybody with fire around their face would already be overcome by smoke.  

4.  You'd be breathing smoke.  Your lungs would be irritated and then damaged.  Is the smoke imaginary too?

5.  As I've said before, a loving deity wouldn't do this.

I'd pay money to be around when Gary passes over and discovers there's no eternal fire to punish his enemies.  It might just spoil the afterlife for him.

• Upvote 7

Who are these people to whom the Lord says "I never knew ye" anyway? I thought the theory is that God knows everyone and everything and you can't even lose a hair that he's not aware? He knows all your sins, and even the thoughts you had.

But suddenly there's a bunch of people he's never heard of. And just because they are strangers he decides they must deserve to be tortured.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Gary has a new Facebook cover photo:

image.png.88ea756f6d655e6bed351ac20065ce1b.png

I think Gary looks somewhat less absurd or creepy than usual, and Becky looks great. The horror movie setting behind them is not so great, though.

Oh, and of course, cute photo or not, it's a shame about their disgusting beliefs and bigotries.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why would Jesus require that Terry, Donnie and Chris die for him?

Because Gary says so, you silly.

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gary has a new Facebook cover photo:

image.png.88ea756f6d655e6bed351ac20065ce1b.png

I think Gary looks somewhat less absurd or creepy than usual, and Becky looks great. The horror movie setting behind them is not so great, though.

Oh, and of course, cute photo or not, it's a shame about their disgusting beliefs and bigotries.

Learning filters from Jill Rod, I see. That doesn't even look like Becky

• I Agree 4

Gary has decided that today is just a fun day that harms nobody.

Spoiler

image.png.daebbd4628f53d832042001e434640f1.png

April Fools!  😁

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

Now, not, thier - whatever - but "usest" is a new one!

Spoiler

image.png.a4fa48c20e51c07e1d80cbaecd7485fe.png

I guess Gary's never seen this picture of John Wayne:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e7c8cce00a4f7b3f0ff9c8223a1dcdbb.png

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

I guess he's never seen John Wayne walk either.  It wasn't exactly a manly gait.

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic