IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 21: Let's PRIASE the Lord

samurai_sarah

is the after- picture somebody famous? how does Gary know that they don't know if they're a man or a woman?

• Upvote 3

On 4/2/2023 at 3:20 PM, thoughtful said:

Now, not, thier - whatever - but "usest" is a new one!

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a4fa48c20e51c07e1d80cbaecd7485fe.png

I guess Gary's never seen this picture of John Wayne:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e7c8cce00a4f7b3f0ff9c8223a1dcdbb.png

He's never seen what King James wore, either. Or the people who compiled his precious 1611 KJB.

1121146777_Portrait_of_King_James_I_of_England_and_VI_of_Scotland_(15661625)_attributed_to_John_de_Critz.thumb.jpg.b086fafad8ae697067dbe85e6b599399.jpg

Nice outfit Jimmy. Love the lace.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

On 3/16/2023 at 12:54 PM, Alisamer said:

Ooooh. I'm wondering if someone somewhere noticed that she and Gary both have divorces under their belts, and that her kids seem to have preferred her ex-husband and his husband.

Not a big deal to normal people, but I could see some of the fundies they cater to having a field day being all judgy about that. 

Well I know of some who are judging Becky.  I haven't been active in the Bro Gary thread lately - can barely keep up with the Rods and whatever else is going on in my life.  A few days ago I checked up on Becky's kids.  Oldest daughter is engaged to a woman and Becky is refusing to come to their wedding.  She posted this about it.  And the other 2 daughters had some comments of their own to add! (also a comment from an aunt).  There were 79 comments on this post, all of which were supportive of oldest daughter.  If you ever worry about making fun of Gary, worry no more.  The terror and abuse he and Becky put those kids through is unforgivable.  Any wonder why as soon as his kids were old enough to tell him "no", they stopped touring with them? 

Spoiler

860401085_Screenshot2023-04-06at12-06-55(1)CarlyyIsaacsFacebook.png.01a434857e08e4527be1280564c0853c.png655094564_Screenshot2023-04-06at12-07-23(1)CarlyyIsaacsFacebook.png.8374b873eef0e31dbb88e28af2fd4646.png92276804_Screenshot2023-04-06at12-08-57(1)CarlyyIsaacsFacebook.png.8faaf76eb27a63609b000e6b7a6e76f9.png

2094254227_Screenshot2023-04-06at12-09-57(1)CarlyyIsaacsFacebook.thumb.png.f36b6a99c14d3f1fa6171e6353b32d47.png

868048226_Screenshot2023-04-06at12-11-42(1)CarlyyIsaacsFacebook.png.9e0382dcbbe00329ad847d8018f6a906.png133678783_Screenshot2023-04-06at12-12-03(1)CarlyyIsaacsFacebook.png.2e5b9860dbdec25e2684e52281b1e70f.png

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 12

I always suspected this of Gary.  Sadly, I'm not surprised that Becky chose him over her own children.  She's about as mean and thoughtless as he is.  I hope the daughter has lots of support and has the wedding of her dreams.  

I might have to start believing in hell again just so I can imagine Gary going there.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2

Wow. That is heartbreaking. I would never want those selfish hateful people speaking at my church. I pray for the peace and healing of their children…

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

Wow. It’s difficult to find words. None of this comes as a surprise, but having it confirmed so definitively is still shocking. This explains why Becky lost custody of her kids, and why Gary has no contact with them. I would cut ties, too. It’s not worth the emotional strain when neither Gary nor Becky is ever going to change. 

I believe in an afterlife but not in hell. I can’t believe a loving supreme being would condemn anyone to eternal fire. However, I would take great pleasure in watching Gary arrive in the afterlife to discover he’s not going to get his Chinese food, streets of gold and crowns to throw at Jesus’ feet, but instead is going to watch his treatment of his kids be broadcast on giant screens while Jesus reminds him, “whatever you did to the least of them, you did to me.” 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

55 minutes ago, postscript said:

“whatever you did to the least of them, you did to me.” 

Jesus Lord I pray… let it be… with many of the families we talk about here.

• Upvote 5

Hold up... did she say that she (Becky) is trying to get away from Gary? Or am I misreading?

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Wow. That is heartbreaking. I would never want those selfish hateful people speaking at my church. I pray for the peace and healing of their children…

Yes! This might be the worst thing I've ever read on FJ. How in the world do they think they're "right" and can sleep at night ? My heart is breaking 💔

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Hold up... did she say that she (Becky) is trying to get away from Gary? Or am I misreading?

I read that too but it might just be that Becky was telling the daughter that but didn't mean it.  The daughter did say that Becky was still reading his texts (or that's the way I interpreted it).  We haven't heard much from Becky lately but she's still on Gary's page.

• Upvote 3

Their description of Gary is pretty much what I've pictured all along, I'm sad to say, and I'm sure I have a lot of company in that.

The current situation is heartbreaking, and I'm sure they'll have more pain due to their mother's betrayal in the future, but I'm so glad they got out and have support, and have one another.

38 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It looks that way to me, as well.

• Upvote 8

Gary is incoherent and predictable:

image.png.19be5aaed1d6201181ac8c01f750a737.png

Here are some things more important than what you teach your kids to call this coming Sunday.

Children need to not be beaten, screamed at, and, as you would say, "spitten upon."

They need education, not to be made into slaves for your vanity project.

They need to be accepted for who they are, including when they have grown into adulthood, and to have their families embrace the wonderful, useful, loving things they do that make others happy and harm nobody.

Pass that last one on to your wife.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

Due to Gary’s customary lack of punctuation, I initially read that as “not a bunny Bro.” Wondering what a bunny Bro would look like.

Of course they won’t be hiding any eggs. A. It’s too much work for Gary’s lazy ass. B. They’re too damn selfish. C. It would imply they care about their kids and grandkid, which they don’t. D. The one remaining kid unfortunate enough to be with them is too old for egg hunts anyway. Sorry, receiving confirmation of Gary’s awfulness has made me more profane than usual. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Those fundie kids could still celebrate Christ rising from the dead -- even if they had a chocolate bunny to eat.  Gary's just out there sucking up all the joy and happiness so everyone can be just as mean and miserable as he is.  I'm looking forward to how he plans to ruin July the 4th.

I agree with @postscript.  Hearing from his stepdaughter makes me want to see someone push him down a flight of stairs.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

On 4/6/2023 at 3:19 PM, keepercjr said:

Any wonder why as soon as his kids were old enough to tell him "no", they stopped touring with them? 

I don't know how much his three kids really believe what he does, and how much they just placate him to get him off of their backs. His daughter might be less shitty than he is. I think Caleb is still in strutting man-boy Christian mode.

And, of course, it's hard to tell with Jacob, since he's stuck with them for now. He says all of the right things, but who knows if he's just trying to survive. In a little over two years, he'll be 18, so we shall see.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, postscript said:

Of course they won’t be hiding any eggs. A. It’s too much work for Gary’s lazy ass. B. They’re too damn selfish. C. It would imply they care about their kids and grandkid, which they don’t. D. The one remaining kid unfortunate enough to be with them is too old for egg hunts anyway.

Now, now, @postscript - it's all about belief and doctrine, dontcha know? It has nothing to do with the fact that they have no home, so no place to decorate eggs and no place to hide them, and that any eggs Becky buys at $5.00/dozen had better go into Gary's gullet.

Really.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

You should lie now. If you leave it till later it will be too late to lie.

Spoiler

Ok folks when it come to Easter. There will be more money put on buying Easter stuff. Then to send Missionary to the Mission field. There be more Promotion about the Easter bunny rather than invite people to Church. Children will know more about a bunny rather than Presented the Gospel that will set them free. You can lie now and later will be to late.

If you bought Easter eggs instead of giving the money to Gary, shame on you.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 4

And I thought Gary hated Halloween.  Apparently, he hates Easter even more.  I guess it's because church people also do Easter stuff.  They dress their kids up and sometimes the churches promote Easter egg hunts and other activities.  Halloween he can dismiss as totally secular and, therefore, Satanic.  He's having real trouble trying to persuade everybody that the Easter bunny is evil.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Xan said:

And I thought Gary hated Halloween.  Apparently, he hates Easter even more.  I guess it's because church people also do Easter stuff.  They dress their kids up and sometimes the churches promote Easter egg hunts and other activities.  Halloween he can dismiss as totally secular and, therefore, Satanic.  He's having real trouble trying to persuade everybody that the Easter bunny is evil.

In his immediate circle of church acquaintances, he's probably going to get at least some agreement - maybe a lot. I think that calling it Resurrection Sunday and eschewing all of the bunny and egg stuff is pretty standard in their crowd, at least in church or where others can see them.

And, if any of them do egg hunts and other fun Easter things in their homes, or even if Gary suspects that they do (and I'm sure he does), that's something about which he can scream at them from the pulpit - win-win, for him.

That said, I bet that, if someone offered Gary free chocolate, he'd eat it, even if it's shaped like a bunny or an egg. He'd probably make some nasty comment, but he'd eat it.

I believe that Gary's true Doctrine is Never Turn Down Free Stuff.

Edited by thoughtful
fixing punctuation
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, Xan said:

I read that too but it might just be that Becky was telling the daughter that but didn't mean it.  The daughter did say that Becky was still reading his texts (or that's the way I interpreted it).  We haven't heard much from Becky lately but she's still on Gary's page.

I imagine that Becky might say that to her daughters to try to calm them or whatever but doesn't actually mean it.  If she is trying to get away from Gary, she isn't trying very hard.  The only explanation that I would possibly accept for her still staying with Gary is to try to protect the youngest boy still with them.  But she did a shit job of protecting any of the kids thus far so I doubt that is it.

The Becky reading texts thing probably means that when she is spending time with her daughter, Gary is texting her.  Possibly constantly.

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

I don't know how much his three kids really believe what he does, and how much they just placate him to get him off of their backs. His daughter might be less shitty than he is. I think Caleb is still in strutting man-boy Christian mode.

And, of course, it's hard to tell with Jacob, since he's stuck with them for now. He says all of the right things, but who knows if he's just trying to survive. In a little over two years, he'll be 18, so we shall see.

Oh yea the older son is basically a Gary Jr and honestly the daughter's husband creeps me out but they seem happy enough.  I am also glad she doesn't show her kids on social media.  But either way, they stopped touring with him!

• Upvote 5

The sad part about the revelations from Gary's stepdaughters is that a lot of the treatment they received is normal for most of the people on this forum. Certainly the Andersons. Maybe less screaming from other fundies. Maybe less "in the middle of the night" stuff although most fundies don't keep regular hours. Most of the fundies we follow here wouldn't attend a gay wedding. It's probably normal for fundies here. 

• Upvote 4

Whats also gross to me is that these were his step kids and Becky just let him abuse them.  I bet Becky's son got the brunt of the abuse from Gary. 

I agree it certainly wouldn't be frowned upon in Gary's circles nor by the fundies on here. 

I wonder if Becky won't leave him because she doesn't think he could function without her (and she is probably right). At least on social media he treats her like a queen and knows he is lost without her.  I still wonder how he got custody of all his kids.  Maybe he terrorized his ex wife and she fled in the middle of the night.  She should have never left those kids though. 

• Upvote 9

I wonder whether Becky stays because otherwise she’d have to support herself and is afraid she wouldn’t be able to.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, keepercjr said:

I still wonder how he got custody of all his kids.  Maybe he terrorized his ex wife and she fled in the middle of the night.  She should have never left those kids though. 

If the ex-wife brought up any abuse of her or the children in court and the judge didn't believe her it's likely she lost custody to punish her for making "false accusations". If she had any other strikes against her - being arrested after police were called because she was irrational and incoherent for example, or going back to Gary after leaving which "obviously" showed all the allegations were made up, or leaving and "abandoning" her children - well then, naturally you award custody to the stable, God-fearing parent who only wants the best for the children, right? /s

OK my cynicism might be on high today, but it really wouldn't surprise me.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I don't know what happened with his ex-wife, but I know this much:

Spoiler

She was class of 1999 at her high school. I found her name on reunion stuff, but her facebook page says she left that school after two years. It was in the midwest - maybe her family moved to South Carolina, which is where Gary was at that time, but I don't really know how they met.

I'm only mentioning that to point out her age - I think that Michaela, their first child, was born in August of 1999.

Gary was born in 1972, so there was about an eight year age gap. And, as we all know, he was saved on July 11, 1999. 🙄 I have no idea if they were married yet at that time.

Below is the stuff we already knew, for anyone who wasn't aware.

She has a fourth child. He doesn't appear to be much younger than Jacob, but I don't know if his father was Gary.

She keeps in touch with her adult kids - we've seen public facebook posts. Jacob has started a facebook account fairly recently, but there's nothing really on it. I don't know if he is permitted to get in touch with her.

• Thank You 10

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic