IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 21: Let's PRIASE the Lord

samurai_sarah

On 3/13/2023 at 1:28 PM, thoughtful said:

Becky, who almost never posts these days, has posted this:

image.png.bfacabb954e7fc3fe9d29e65736d3255.png

I don't know who she thinks is judging her, or for what, but I guess she, like Gary, needs to hold on to the idea that it's all "under the blood."

Ooooh. I'm wondering if someone somewhere noticed that she and Gary both have divorces under their belts, and that her kids seem to have preferred her ex-husband and his husband.

Not a big deal to normal people, but I could see some of the fundies they cater to having a field day being all judgy about that. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 3/15/2023 at 11:46 AM, thoughtful said:

Gary says that's why there are volcanic eruptions - it's Hell getting bigger to fit in more of the unsaved.

Gary's latest:

image.png.bc2c29c1f13e73cde3bb5d9357ce1b5c.png

No Bro Gary - your excuses won't work on Judgement Day. To quote your Saviour (Matthew 25:41-45):

"41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’"

Rereading that chapter and Christ spent a lot of time trying to get  the idea that they should be helping the most vulnerable in society through their thick heads, and 2000 years later we still have Gary and his ilk.

• Upvote 9

I just checked @ Bad Sermons / Bad Preacher Clips on Twitter. On Tuesday, they posted a clip of Bro Gary preaching (link). It seems recent, but probably not new.

Gary doesn't listen to country music. He doesn't listen to contemporary music, which is worse than country music according to Gary. He doesn't listen to K-Love (link), which is "from the pits of hell." (A statement many a nonbeliever would agree with.) 

Gary goes all around the world preaching the gospel (world? has he ever left America), and tells people to get save so they don't go to hell. If he's going to tell people all over the world, "why not his own family"? (So he says)

He also calls other fake preachers.

Gary is wearing his Easter tie. It's some tie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

11 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I just checked @ Bad Sermons / Bad Preacher Clips on Twitter. On Tuesday, they posted a clip of Bro Gary preaching (link). It seems recent, but probably not new.

You're right  - it's from October 2022. Recapped here:

Spoiler

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 1

Once Jesus got a job as a writer. He worked in an office with several other writers, and they had all worked hard all day, typing their research notes and articles, when there was a power outage that crashed the servers. Everyone else was upset because they had lost their works in progress. But they wondered why Jesus was so calm. He had no reason to be upset because Jesus saves.

Ok folks JESUS still Saves.
Bro Gary Hawkins

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Once Jesus got a job as a writer. He worked in an office with several other writers, and they had all worked hard all day, typing their research notes and articles, when there was a power outage that crashed the servers. Everyone else was upset because they had lost their works in progress. But they wondered why Jesus was so calm. He had no reason to be upset because Jesus saves.

Well, that explains everything!

• Upvote 6

Gary, ever-cheerful, just wants to make sure you know:

Spoiler

image.png.53683fae96221ad7b820ef1ae9e477d0.png

And the self-righteous crowd chimes in:

Spoiler

image.png.897c0d2b00d7d07189111242a8dfe769.png

Have any of them done squat for improving the lives of anyone else? I would bet the answer is no. This life doesn't count.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

First of all, Does that really happen a lot? People thinking, "Oh yeah, I believe in God and Jesus and all that, and I plan on praying and getting saved one of these days but God and Jesus can wait,  I'm not gonna do anything about it just yet...? "

Seems like if you believe in God and Jesus you should be just about saved already if you really only need to believe.

Second, if you're not together, getting yourself together would probably help in either case.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I don't understand the skeleton.  Just, why?  If you're just bones, you're already too late to be saved by Gary.  And why is the skeleton running?  Is he still trying to be saved before he becomes a pile of dust?

I think Gary just likes gory and lurid images.  He loves anything having to do with coffins, burial, or blood.  If you get through the day without remembering that you're going to die and might be going to Hell, Gary weeps.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

It would be better if it was just a pile of bones trying to get himself together to be a skeleton again.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Seems like if you believe in God and Jesus you should be just about saved already if you really only need to believe.

Makes sense to me, but I guess Gary needs something he can lecture others about.

1 hour ago, Xan said:

I don't understand the skeleton.  Just, why?  If you're just bones, you're already too late to be saved by Gary.  And why is the skeleton running?  Is he still trying to be saved before he becomes a pile of dust?

It's just too deep for us, @Xan.

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

It would be better if it was just a pile of bones trying to get himself together to be a skeleton again.

Really - besides fitting the idea better, it would reference Ezekiel.

Spoiler

image.png.bd62b03aa9473a6c74a68a53cef81b65.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It's very important for Gary to make sure everyone is, even if it's just hidden deep in their private thoughts, questioning their salvation.

People who say they are sure they are saved, but deep down are worried, are their bread and butter. (Or biscuits and pink ween gravy, as it were.) They are the ones who need to make SURE they are ticking off all the boxes on God's List o' Rules. They are the ones attending revivals and answering altar calls again and again, attending church every time the doors are open, and most importantly putting something in the offering plate every time it passes by. 

"Works" aren't important, they say, while shaming people who miss church for any reason, and imply they might be pissing off God by not going. "Works" don't matter, but you know if you don't put something in that plate when the love offering gets passed there'll be a sermon on tithing coming up sooner or later. 

Doesn't explain the skeleton, though. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

More comments under the skeleton post. Brian has the exact statistics, and posted again to make it all about abortion, because reasons.

Spoiler

image.png.f6ee6d282f4e77adb58a9137132fd921.png

image.png.d8577859f9e3878b4282fde9a541a4df.png

ETA - OK, sarcasm aside, I think I see his reasons - he's including fetuses in "the least of these."

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 2

It took me a few seconds to figure this one out. Then I realized what he meant. Quote marks around "hope so" and "know so" would have helped, Gary.

image.png.a2fb65ccac0eac96625294c72729ab90.png

As ever, the bros try to out-righteous one another in the comments:

Spoiler

image.png.8aaebbe35968205f773d5a0214980930.png

image.png.516fbe3432d2ceea0c8a490dc6722bd9.png

image.png.d552917dcf1ac2b6be3c4156f46b7d7d.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

The argument continues under Don's comment, and Gary is in there all the way (I included the original comment again, for context). Don is clearly from the "he who types the most words, wins the argument" school of thought:

Spoiler

image.png.21602e79d9eed9f868b57729621cb9c7.png

image.png.5e2591b73ef0a7be1caa74b3651ef96c.png

image.png.877ffb10da3f719a93cecc8094a7deab.png

image.png.4d480d9b24d61e509d67e0a5d87a9b4a.png

image.png.20382eda89bc3adb28b12e145fa676ae.png

image.png.9c1784776c1afab10c5034770df97a1d.png

image.png.f56fc2974ce5f9e46a7210cbd3830d8a.png

image.png.5bb7644948d0f98213a40ef91311857d.png

image.png.b28daa4745fa0f110e4da8df7f91c820.png

image.png.afd46f9e728c748c18efb2884f93eeb4.png

Don't think I any of them leg stand on.  😁

Edited by thoughtful
a few times, because Don keeps adding comments.
  • Haha 8

The bro fight continues (again, including one already-posted comment, for context). The lounge book of life sounds restful.

Spoiler

image.png.a1303955c788c75f5d027bf806f6b35d.png

image.png.85944747d84869c122f1af00e0f6fe9e.png

Gary has said some old crap in new posts:

Spoiler

image.png.68245a619c3bb9e7e970d50353209e8d.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I doubt that Gary will have the energy to read all of this (heck, I didn't!), but, in case anyone is curious, the fight has continued with another participant. Don is snarkily unsure about whether John or Loretta is posting - I guess, in his version of Christianity, women are permitted to debate with men and have their own Facebook account. Damn liberal hippies!

I just quoted, rather than making screen shots - hope it's clear who is saying what.

Ap Robinson

Gary Hawkins if you're teaching you can't be lost once you get saved is Southern Baptist teaching Jesus said he can blot your name out of the lambs book of Life you're lost again if he does that

15h

Edited

John Loretta Stirewalt

Don Deskins you need to read 1John5:13. John 10:28-30. If you don't believe these scriptures then you sir are calling God a LIAR!!

5h

Sherman Dye

Ap Robinson Paul told Timothy to "rightly divide" the scriptures, which you obviously fail to do. There are things that happen now in the church age that have never happened before.

First, what is the gospel? It is the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, is it not? (I Cor. 15:3-4). But look at what happens every time Jesus tries to teach this same gospel before His death. The disciples - His twelve apostles - reject it every single time He mentions it! Then, immediately AFTER He tries to tell them "Paul's gospel" (and they reject it), He gives them a different gospel. It's a gospel of taking up one's cross and enduring to the end.

It's very similar to what Ezekiel said in chapters 3 and 33 of his book, that a person must endure in righteousness to the end of their life to be saved. Notice that NOBODY in the Old Testament talked about being sealed with the Holy Spirit like Paul does in Ephesians 1 and 4. Notice that NOBODY in the Old Testament talks about having righteousness by faith like Paul does in Galatians. Notice that Jesus didn't even talk about being baptized with the Holy Ghost until the end of His ministry, referencing a time that would occur after He ascended.

God did something different with the church age than had ever been done before. In the church age, we are saved by grace through faith. In the church age, we only need to believe on Christ (like John says many times in his gospel, written after Paul wrote most of his letters) to receive eternal life. When a person puts their faith in Jesus, they immediately are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ, and are "sealed unto the day of redemption". That's how we can KNOW that we HAVE eternal life. John doesn't say we will one day get eternal life. He says we HAVE it. Present tense.

If you don't believe that, then you don't believe the Bible. Period.

3h

Don Deskins

John Loretta Stirewalt Sir (or maam), the thing that you and every one who calls themselves a 'Christian' SHOULD KNOW and UNDERSTAND is that NO scripture is of any PRIVATE INTERPRETATION and that ALL SCRIPTURE must be balanced and rightly divided in THE WHOLE COUNSEL or the EVERY WORD OF GOD (2nd Timothy 2:15, Matthew 4:4)!

Understand this, you think you have caught me in those two scriptures but you do not realize that I could turn around and do the same thing to you with any number of Scriptures such as Colossians 1:22,23 because IT IS WRITTEN: "IF YOU CONTINUE IN THE FAITH AND BE NOT MOVED AWAY FROM THE HOPE OF THE GOSPEL...."

You see, man is not eternally secure in salvation on the earth, but must fight to keep his HOPE AND PROMISE of eternal salvation. He must STRIVE TO ENTER IN LAWFULLY (2nd Timothy 2:5) and LAY HOLD ON ETERNAL LIFE (1st Timothy 6:12).

I believe the Word of God is very true myself, but the difference between me and some 'Christians is that I daily search the scriptures seeking and praying for the pure truths of God as the Holy Spirit of truth reveals them, not my supposed truths nor the supposed truths of anyone else such as yourself who claims to be a 'Christian' (I am not saying you are not a Christian), but the pure truths of the Almighty God who established them.

You see Sir (or ma'am, as the case may or may not be), I cannot privately interpret God's Word and neither can you, truth must be sought through God's Holy Spirit of Truth rightly divided and balanced against God's other Words not just a handpicked scripture here and there that sounds oh so good to push ones private false doctrines but one that stands tall and strong when rightly balanced in the every Word of God.

Indeed, no man can pluck you out of the Lord's hand, but you yourself can if you do not protect your salvation process as the Word says OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER through about 837 scriptures such as 1st Timothy 4:16 because many will say we can't save ourselves and yet the WRITTEN WORD SAYS TO "Take heed unto thyself,.......... save thyself and them that hear thee!"

So you have to rightly divid that Word because it DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU ONLY, it must be CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD to you, myself, and all else that it is GOD'S HOLY WORD and must be desired, sought, searched, proved, rightly divided and balanced against THE EVERY WORD OF GOD!

I will strongly encourage you to DENY YOURSELF and any deceitful notions about God's Word and seek for God's pure and absolute truths through his Holy Spirit of truth with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength lest you go forth deceiving and being deceived (2nd Timothy 3:13).

Thank you, my love and prayers for you that you would have the eyes to see, the ears to hear, and the heart to understand and come to the knowledge and wisdom of ALL TRUTH AS ESTABLISHED AND REVEALED BY AND THROUGH HIS HOLY SPIRIT OF TRUTH (1st John 2:24-29) because many may find themselves cast out and turned away at judgment when Jesus has to sadly say, "DEPART FROM ME!" Because they never loved and sought his pure truths with all of their heart but believed and loved a lie instead.. (Romans 1:18-22, subtext 2nd Thessalonians 2:10-12). So please seek pure truth with ALL OF YOUR HEART! Again, thank you!

2h

Don Deskins

Albert Gregg now that is one, HUGE LIE! There are many ifs, MANY!

2h

Ap Robinson

Sherman Dye I believe that you don't know nothing what you ought to know when you get saved you're not automatically filled with the holy Ghost there's a big difference and being saved and being filled with the holy Ghost if you was filled with the holy Ghost you would know what God's word said so I proceed that you don't good day

1h

Sherman Dye

Ap Robinson There is a difference between being baptized by the Spirit (Romans 6) and being filled with the Spirit (Eph. 5). If they were the same thing, Paul would not have needed to command Christians to do the latter. So you need to study your Bible and learn the difference.

Hey, guys:

https://y.yarn.co/f7a7fac1-1624-483b-bdca-67fed79111cf.mp4

• Upvote 3

I think Gary isn't getting involved in this fight because it's just TOO MANY WORDS.  He's used to just saying "the King James Bible says it's so!" or "It Bible!" and that's the end of it.  

I'm constantly surprised that there are religious people who actually read Gary's Facebook page -- and even they can't agree on what it means to be saved.  It's like finding out that locating the entrance to the Pearly Gates is really a game of Where's Waldo.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Gary is back on Facebook trying to win the argument without putting forth much effort.

2140062759_Screenshot(13206).png.c9c9a0f55916b9e8af5d4a97261c997f.png

Ok, folks.  You need to understand that Jesus' blood covered all past sins and any future sins.  Quit arguing about works or getting re-saved.  See, I'm covered.  Alright?  It Bible!

• Upvote 4

The debate goes on (sort of - Ap posted a bunch of unpleasant and incoherent answers to Don), without Gary:

Spoiler

image.png.7ec42efbdcebde56ac4f656d8a30c240.png

Ap (short for apostle - I kid you not) is a real piece of work - conspiracy theories, aliens, Trump begging for money - he posts a full Bingo card of right wing bullshit on his Facebook page daily, as far as I can see.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009946999120&comment_id=Y29tbWVudDo2NDEzNDMyNDEyMDM0ODcyXzE4NTE3ODU1MDg1MzA0ODE%3D

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Thank You 5

10 hours ago, Xan said:

It's like finding out that locating the entrance to the Pearly Gates is really a game of Where's Waldo.

It can be done, with help:

Spoiler

image.png.7c7cc53519501c0eb8ce32acd22b2964.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, thoughtful said:

The debate goes on (sort of - Ap posted a bunch of unpleasant and incoherent answers to Don), without Gary:

Hide contents

Ap (short for apostle - I kid you not) is a real piece of work - conspiracy theories, aliens, Trump begging for money - he posts a full Bingo card of right wing bullshit is on his Facebook page daily, as far as I can see.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009946999120&comment_id=Y29tbWVudDo2NDEzNDMyNDEyMDM0ODcyXzE4NTE3ODU1MDg1MzA0ODE%3D

Oooh… God… do I click it?? Do I click it??

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Hide contents

Ap (short for apostle - I kid you not) is a real piece of work - conspiracy theories, aliens, Trump begging for money - he posts a full Bingo card of right wing bullshit is on his Facebook page daily, as far as I can see.

Who are “his people” who wrote the Bible? Is he originally Jewish or is he connected with the people who “wrote” (per Jim Bob Duggar) the King James Version? 

• Upvote 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic