IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 21: Let's PRIASE the Lord

samurai_sarah

Brava, @AmazonGrace. I was just getting to the end and thinking "Why did she post this quo - OH!"  :laughing-rofl:

A new post, in which Gary is just as sensitive about guns, cars, mental illness and his commenters as he usually is about women, gender and First Nations. At least he's consistent. Be warned - this one is rage-inducing:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3494945b35915f504d3070268ef85250.png

image.thumb.png.07c2f3705e07a9d978fbd721c45b8406.png

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

@AmazonGrace

A new post, in which Gary is just as sensitive about guns, cars, mental illness and his commenters as he usually is about women, gender and First Nations. At least he's consistent. Be warned - this one is rage-inducing:

Hide contents

I'm with Kristen there....I dont get it. Even trying my broGary tinfoil hat on. What is the Gary "logic" here?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I think, deep down, Gary is afraid when he drives.  He's had some wrecked vehicles and trailers falling apart on the road.  I suspect that's one reason that he needs Becky to travel with him.  He feels safer if someone else is watching the road as he drives.   Of course, we've all seen him filming while driving and singing loudly to gospel music.  Gary thinks his own driving is just fine but some of those other drivers are mentally ill and they're out to get him.  On top of all that, he's so rabidly rightwing that he believes anybody should be able to have a gun.

• Upvote 6

"It the real understanding"

It makes me feel slightly better about the world that Kristen stated what we all feel. I dont understand. 

I get kind of discouraged reading BroGary threads because so many of these people don't seem to even blink at the insanity of "it bible"

As long as it's "Christian" everybody amens. It's disturbing group think that makes JRod and her mini cult seem like reasonable well adjusted people.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Gary has posted the advertisement for the KJV "college" again, with this introduction:

Ok folks if interested please feel free to reach out to us. Share this with Young Preachers, Evanglist, Missionaries ect. Let get the message out to those that need more Biblical teaching. And all need to learn more.

Bro Gary Hawkins

The videos of services at Family Baptist usually start when people are greeting one another and getting settled in. Before and after the service, they have two people pounding on pianos - they must have microphones near them, because it's incredibly loud. Unless that amplification somehow goes directly to the Facebook video rather than into the room, I can't even figure out how anyone can be having conversations.

Sometimes Becky and Gary are sitting alone and not interacting much with people, sometimes they are being sociable. Gary occasionally makes the rounds to gab - here he is guffawing at something a man said:

Spoiler

image.png.e95cdfc7f77b5c15e87ec3d48700dc6e.png

The casual dress is unusual - he does usually still wear a tie and nice clothes to church. It was a Wednesday evening, so maybe he didn't have time to shower and change after work.

The videos usually cut off shortly after the altar call, but sometimes go on longer. After the Sunday morning service on 4/30, the video kept going as people were chatting and getting ready to leave.

Becky and Gary were with a woman who was sitting in a wheelchair in the aisle next to their seats. At the end of the service, Gary was pushing her wheelchair. She appears older than Becky and Gary, and, as far as I can tell, is not a visiting relative.

I scrolled through the Family Baptist Facebook page again, and didn't see them with her at any other recent service. They sometimes sit in a spot that is right at the edge of the video, next to an outside aisle, so she may have been with them another time and just can't be seen.

I have no idea who she is, but it reminded me of the wheelchair we could see in the post about eating steak (made on a "new to us" grill) on a deck. At the time, we didn't know where they were. Now we know Becky and Gary were already in Tennessee at that point. Maybe the wheelchair belongs to that woman.

Hopping onto the speculation bus, I wonder if she is their landlady, and, further speculating, if they've gotten some sort of deal where they pay less (or nothing) in rent and are a live-in handyman/grunt and nurse/cook for her.

Of course, she could just be a friend who Becky invited over for dinner (because you know Gary wouldn't), or someone they were trying to "save" and convince to come to church. But the idea that she might own the house they are living in, and probably paid for that steak, occurred to me.

Working or not, Gary is a grifter  by nature.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

8 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Hopping onto the speculation bus, I wonder if she is their landlady, and, further speculating, if they've gotten some sort of deal where they pay less (or nothing) in rent and are a live-in handyman/grunt and nurse/cook for her.

I've wondered if that's why we don't see Jacob anymore.  If they're renting a room or have worked out a deal for a room, there might not have been a place for Jacob.  I just hope he's somewhere that he's happy and isn't made to feel like an inconvenience.  I'm still curious as to how they ended up in Tennessee.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

20 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Brava, @AmazonGrace. I was just getting to the end and thinking "Why did she post this quo - OH!"  :laughing-rofl:

Hide contents

He's SO CLOSE to something that makes sense. So close, but still so incredibly far away.

Yes, Gary, I agree that guns should be treated just like cars, as they are both potentially deadly weapons. 

He thinks that means don't let people he doesn't like drive.

I think that means guns should have registrations, and licenses, and be taxed and registrations renewed, and licenses renewed, and heck even inspections for the guns, proving they have proper storage and trigger locks. My car has to be inspected yearly. Why shouldn't that rando with the 12' wide confederate flag get his gun checked over and the registration renewed on it every year? If someone drives while drunk, they can get tickets and eventually their license taken away. Should be the same with guns. Go out drunk off your ass on Independence Day shooting your semi-automatic into the air? Get a ticket. Do it again, lose your gun license. You can't see well enough to drive? No license. Can't see well enough to shoot? No gun license. Want a big high powered gun? Got to have a special license for that, just like you have to have a special license to drive an 18-wheeler. 

Wouldn't solve everything. Probably wouldn't solve much, initially. But it would be a common sense way to get people thinking about "gun control." And the money brought in on those registrations and taxes could be quite useful, perhaps to help victims of gun violence.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Plugging the KJV bible college, Gary is accidentally right about something: all need to learn more.

Spoiler

Ok folks if interested please feel free to reach out to us. Share this with Young Preachers, Evanglist, Missionaries ect. Let get the message out to those that need more Biblical teaching. And all need to learn more.

Bro Gary Hawkins

• Upvote 3

A comment under Gary's post about drivers:

image.thumb.png.a3a5bf8fa8c488d4c01081627c760ad4.png

I can't tell how she feels about either of the things she describes. The first one is inaccurate - as far as I can tell, the rules vary by state, and only certain illnesses will disqualify a person from driving.

Maybe, like Gary, she's picturing some category of wild, bizarre "mental" 😡 people that are unlike herself or anyone she knows, despite the fact that she probably knows many people with mental illnesses, and just doesn't realize that she does.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 4

There's a new comment under Kristen's (I'm including previously posted comments, for context):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9d6e8dfcec9cee26b70201f13b436afe.png

And this, answering the original post:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.86eda759bdc7fa9173e68d13d86c8028.png

Someone asked the obvious question about the "college:"

Spoiler

image.png.229646d0494191d37af71d916d8668cd.png

So, Gary, will email be involved? I'm not quite sure.

And here is today's boring post:

Spoiler

image.png.fd7b5c361b3c6abd9514f0f72a467e07.png

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 5

On 5/2/2023 at 10:51 AM, Alisamer said:

He's SO CLOSE to something that makes sense. So close, but still so incredibly far away.

Yes, Gary, I agree that guns should be treated just like cars, as they are both potentially deadly weapons. 

He thinks that means don't let people he doesn't like drive.

I think that means guns should have registrations, and licenses, and be taxed and registrations renewed, and licenses renewed, and heck even inspections for the guns, proving they have proper storage and trigger locks. My car has to be inspected yearly. Why shouldn't that rando with the 12' wide confederate flag get his gun checked over and the registration renewed on it every year? If someone drives while drunk, they can get tickets and eventually their license taken away. Should be the same with guns. Go out drunk off your ass on Independence Day shooting your semi-automatic into the air? Get a ticket. Do it again, lose your gun license. You can't see well enough to drive? No license. Can't see well enough to shoot? No gun license. Want a big high powered gun? Got to have a special license for that, just like you have to have a special license to drive an 18-wheeler. 

Wouldn't solve everything. Probably wouldn't solve much, initially. But it would be a common sense way to get people thinking about "gun control." And the money brought in on those registrations and taxes could be quite useful, perhaps to help victims of gun violence.

THIS! Registration, training and testing to get a license, and required insurance in case your gun does a Bad Thing, like shoot another person.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

kuva.png.cc469fe167c3e599350823769f2d6ecd.png

Third time is the charm tho.

It's like getting saved. You can't be sure it really worked so you have to do it over and over.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

I just noticed the earrings in this picture - I guess Gary didn't, because he'd never take advice from a man in earrings, right?

image.png.0e240b7edf6b1dc0471d6bf53b34f0d8.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

"It the real understanding".  Thanks Gary NOW I get it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

There is an argument going on under Maria's comment on Gary's post about drivers. While she's hardly a progressive, it turns out that she disagrees with Trump making it easier for  anyone to get guns. The person fighting with her is a ranting shit-for-brains who just blames everything on the Democrats and lack of God.

Spoiler

image.png.8d1211e0e4469de511e98c3bc996a3ae.png

image.png.4fb227994b8a62c4922172628bf23aa7.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

@thoughtful, I’m amazed to see someone as perspicacious as Maria on a Gary thread. Dwayne’s mind would be blown by the fact that it was Reagan who backed the deinstitutionalization movement.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Gary is boring again today - or perhaps I should say to day, to match his "up hold."

image.png.7cafea3ee5d3450d14d75a84a5306628.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 3

What the...?  Nobody is more afraid of holiness than sinfulness.  What a crock of crap.  Of course Gary thought that was profound.  When he gets those little slips of paper out of fortune cookies, he must go into spasms of rapture.  

Also, SIN will not kill, steal, or destroy.  A sinner might but the sin itself is useless without human action.  It's as if these people don't have the ability to think.  Oh, wait...  Never mind.  This is Gary we're talking about.  Thinking never enters into the equation.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Poor Gary, he is upset that not everybody thinks he is a saint

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I think Gary misses being a traveling evangelist.  Those were the good old days.  He could sleep late, drive around listening to gospel music, and stand in front of a little congregation now and then and yell at them.  Good times.  Good times.

Now he works at the dump and has to fulfill his need to preach through snippets on Facebook.

Spoiler

Screenshot(13874).png.686385a92fe59de16cf574485d5e3515.pngScreenshot(13875).png.50e79a28c74f8383d666a348dae00461.png

People need to go to a church that only preaches out of the KJV Bible, even if they have to drive forever to get there.  None of this fancy "love thy neighbor" stuff.  And don't even think of talking about the historical Jesus or discussing the parables.  

And won't somebody start doing some old-timey yelling in the pulpit?  Gary wants to see some condemnation of nekkidness and homosexuality and public schools and dancing to music.  Why won't modern preachers come out and talk about how sinful divorce is?  Oh, wait...  Yeah, Gary and Becky are each on their second marriage.  Better forget that last one.  But all those others?  Yeah.  Gary wants some righteous finger-pointing about those.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

Whenever Gary says "I was thinking," I picture those two lonely little brain cells in his head rubbing together, desperately trying to come up with something original. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, Xan said:

And won't somebody start doing some old-timey yelling in the pulpit?  Gary wants to see some condemnation of nekkidness and homosexuality and public schools and dancing to music.  Why won't modern preachers come out and talk about how sinful divorce is?  Oh, wait...  Yeah, Gary and Becky are each on their second marriage.  Better forget that last one.  But all those others?  Yeah.  Gary wants some righteous finger-pointing about those.

Oh, @Xan , he is as hypocritical as he is self-righteous. He rails against divorce in at least one of his standard messages. IIRC, he mostly talks about how it's hard on the kids.

I think B&G have gone back and forth about what (and whether) they tell people who don't already know their past. Gary doesn't seem to include the truth in his messages.

I went looking in the old Bro Gary threads, and found this, from @Nikedagain? - she said it was a quote from the "about us" page on their website (which now no longer seems to exist):

Trying to pick up pieces of broken marriages and divorce, we both were victims from fornication, raising our children to lean on GOD whatever the circumstances.

I don't know what they tell people they've met recently, at this point. I wonder how much their current church knows about their past.

Looking at those old threads, I also found a post saying that, at that time, Jacob was staying with Krystal.

• Thank You 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic