IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 21: Let's PRIASE the Lord

samurai_sarah

When Jerry, like a sane person, says, "I need reasonable proof," Gary's stock response is "read the KJB." That is so Gary. Not even bothering to quote Bible verses or other preachers. No, he can't be bothered to back up his beliefs. He just says, "IT BIBLE" as if he were a three-year-old throwing a tantrum. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 3/3/2023 at 5:26 AM, Xan said:

I think the same people who are attracted to rightwing causes are attracted to some form of fundamentalism. 

It also seems that they are attracted to causes that place them and their wishes top and centre. Gary is Head of the household, and a "Preacher" - obviously he sits at the top of his pyramid over Becky (and all other women) and his children (and all other children), and equal to if not superior to most other (white) men (possibly excepting really well known preachers and his father). In a meritocracy Gary would be nowhere near the "top", and he knows that on some level. 

On 3/3/2023 at 1:50 PM, thoughtful said:

Sad to say, kids without that spark of curiosity and desire for logic, or rebellion, or personal strength, or something out of the ordinary, can be stuck.

And my thoughts went straight to JRod's children, who seem to have had any curiosity or rebellion (or individual personality) literally beaten out of them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

And my thoughts went straight to JRod's children, who seem to have had any curiosity or rebellion (or individual personality) literally beaten out of them.

Gary's, too - or at least the beatings happened (Gary boasts about it), not sure if all three of them have gotten as beaten down as JRod's kids are.

I don't know if Becky's kids got some of the same treatment from her before she married Gary, but I assume they did when they were with him. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm hoping that there was no more of that crap after they went to live with their father and stepfather - two of them were teens/young adults by that time, IIRC, but two were still very young.

I think a lot of the kids in fundie families get beaten regularly for trying to be, y'know . . . people.  :sad:  :angry-jumpinganger:

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

The fights over if and when Jesus is coming back (and what his name was) continue, plus some horticulture:

Spoiler

image.png.f36687fe743aa9632605a0c4288595c0.png

image.png.a3b62234ee9594577f5c7bfbaaa236a9.png

New post from Gary - too bad he spelled things correctly - leaving out just one L would have made for a legendary post to rival Supper Bowel and IT BIBLE:

Spoiler

image.png.ed05ab4fcecb3fb90789e6632a063191.png

image.png.9ca37ab975b1ec49583f8dfed4b97598.png

• Haha 6

Gary saying he loves Jesus “publicly” got me imagining Gary and Jesus having sex in A parking,lot, surrounded by a crowd of onlookers. Even if he uses grammar correctly, his word choice leaves something to be desired. 

Does he want to lose followers? His responses to people with whom he disagrees are like watching a lesser-known insult comic (“you must not know much” “you can defriend me” etc.). I’m amazed people are willing to interact with him when he’s so rude. 

Edited by postscript
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

More arguments under the post about the Rapture -

Spoiler

image.png.9d679109df8854bb7c4ee8547a8bbbbf.png

image.png.fe380aa9137c6c1157948a128ebf0622.png

and:

image.png.910bfcd9a5071db20b34e5bd2df97708.png

Under the loving Jesus publicly one:

image.png.d03a9de62de6674793d0479540325464.png

• Thank You 2

I feel like there is a fine line between courageous public witnessing about their faith, and being one of those hypocrites who brag of their faith.

Jesus hated the latter.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I feel like there is a fine line between courageous public witnessing about their faith, and being one of those hypocrites who brag of their faith.

Jesus hated the latter.

This is what I always think of when Gary and his merry little group talk about how much they love Jesus:

Spoiler

• I Agree 3

Not bothering with a screenshot - Gary's latest says:

Ok folks I've heard it said GOD said. I believe it and and that settled it. GOD said it and that settled it no matter if you believe it or not.

He's used this when preaching, as well. If the weird punctuation, and and the extra and, and general "I know what I'm thinking, read my mind" of Gary makes it unclear, he's trying to say something like:

I've heard people say "GOD said it, I believe it, and that settles it." But I say "GOD said it and that settles it, no matter whether anyone believes it."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

The above sentence means: If Gary believes it, it settles that God said it. 

Whatever Gary thinks is the Bible.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

A challenge is issued under the post about loving Jesus publicly:

Spoiler

image.png.01ce9e9b5397c69faf8ebc568c46b9ec.png

Gary's badly punctuated latest:

Spoiler

image.png.164e5ecbc9fa161534ce41d3ab94beb2.png

• Thank You 5

Think he meant "sit down"?

There's a bunch of people that totally believe all the crap that comes out of their mouth but doesn't mean I have to take them seriously.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Think he meant "sit down"?

Yes - he pronounces sit as "set," which is not unusual for southeastern US accents. So I guess he thinks that is how it's spelled, as well.

• Upvote 3

The interesting thing to me is that Gary thought this was worthy of a Facebook post.  What was it?  Was he just sitting settting and thought, "It would be good if preachers believed what they are talking about"?  Did he then think that this was such a profound statement that he guessed no one had ever thought of it before now?  And, further, did he believe that anyone who had doubts would read that statement and think, "Gee, Gary is right!  Maybe I'd better quit talking about religion if I don't believe it all"?  In his mind, Gary is changing the world by making sure everyone is totally committed to his version of religion.  We are all just here waiting on Gary to enlighten us through his Facebook page.  

• Upvote 4

"OK folks" is his abracadabra. When he OK folkses a platitude it becomes deeply meaningful and profound. 

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

"OK folks" is his abracadabra. When he OK folkses a platitude it becomes deeply meaningful and profound. 

:laughing-jumpingpurple:  The magic of Gary!

Now I'm picturing him with a wand, waving it with one hand as he hunts-and-pecks "OK folks" into his phone with the other.

Considering how he mispronounces things, sometimes to hilarious effect, imagine what he'd make of the spells from Harry Potter.

"Expectorate Pete turn 'em!"

"Expel yer arm off!"

"Axee, yo, weens!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

Oh I hope he never has occasion to use "Avada cadaver" while he's shopping at Woldemart's

• Haha 11

Gary posted a picture of his meal and foot.  I guess he means "new-to-us used grill."

Spoiler

image.png.386f41d9774370f13e80b2ee27fe8c45.png

image.png.6b97fb22341f7d3ba0e10761fb63abf1.png

Since he hasn't posted about his travels or preaching, I have no idea where this is, or whose wheelchair that might be. :confusion-shrug:

If they actually have a place to put a grill, they might be living with his parents.

Edited by thoughtful
adding comments, putting pics in spoiler
  • Thank You 5

That’s the first food picture he’s ever posted that doesn’t look like a plateful of vomit. 

I wonder if they’ve been off the road. It would explain the sudden lack of videos and the rash of random Facebook pronouncements and arguments. Though I’m surprised he hasn’t blessed us with occasional Facebook lives, shot with the nostril-cam, as he used to do when bookings were slow. 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Yes - he pronounces sit as "set," which is not unusual for southeastern US accents. So I guess he thinks that is how it's spelled, as well.

Maybe he dictated the tweet with his phone? So Gary said sit in his accent and his phone heard set.

• Upvote 1

This seems ironic somehow, considering he thinks repeating "I read the KJB" is backing it up with Bible.

kuva.png.19cb549d8ef344e9c205bd54f984fb71.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

We're at a point in literacy today where people capitalize every word in a self-righteous post, for no apparent reason.

Some comments:

Spoiler

image.png.c81c75859dfc51523e92197af3989084.png

image.png.d827f97cac3cc4cc2fc0ca2c43e4ac1d.png

image.png.00839bb255f9fd35a6dbf3b51c930b2c.png

Jill commented:

image.png.cad744f2ccfe991deb23b48341ec400f.png

• Thank You 4

Gary's latest says:

Ok folks the devil is real. Please listen and share.

And under it is this video, a 1965 Paul Harvey rant on how the world was clearly being taken over by the devil:

Spoiler

• Thank You 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic