IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

I don't follow her either.  The article popped up in my news feed.  I only know who she is because her father Bobby Frankel is a known horse trainer.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I’d never considered it before, but maybe Meghan had a major “Wannabee” crush on Diana that she suppressed until she met Harry, and now she is giving it full rein.

He seems to like it, so I am sure it does wonders for their marriage.  I do hope they find other things to bond about than the idealization of Diana and their annoyance with the (unfriendly) press and the RF.

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Ok, who here follows Bethany Frankel religiously? Out yourselves! Do I win a booby prize for at least knowing she’s famous for being…famous? That’s right, right? Like she wasn’t a known commodity prior to …doing whatever it is that she’s apparently uber famous for? Did I spell her name right? I would just *hate* to insult such an uber celebrity by misspelling her name. 

Who is Bethany Frankel and why should we care?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, adidas said:

Of course it’s your type. And of course she is laughing.

Most people strive to make an honest living, but there will always be some who have no integrity and are happy to laugh all the way to the bank, no matter how they earn their money.

It's true. Making a podcast hurts millions of people, pollutes the environment and causes disease! It's worse than fracking.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3
  • Eyeroll 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:46 PM, Jackie3 said:

Yes, she was a millionaire before she was 40.

LOL, I have a degree in mental health. One thing I learned--you cannot diagnose someone over the internet.

No one has "a degree" let alone a bachelor's or masters in "mental health" you lying liar. I've only been in the field for about 5-6 years but any professional who is in practice/is competent would mention being an LMHC or LCSW or having a masters in mental health counseling. But of course you're not so that explains that. That's on top of everything you've posted giving the fact you in no way, shape or form have any competency in any field relating to mental health. Or anything else for that matter. 

I come back from a social media break looking for some generally solid discussion about MM out MMing herself again and again and the first thing I come back to is you still here, still being an abrasive idiot. I almost want to pity you for having such a sad life that it appears your full time job is posting in a community where more than half of the users have you blocked and the rest have made it clear everything you post is at minimum, not welcome...  but I don't because you're just a self absorbed, hateful cretin. 

12 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Ok, who here follows Bethany Frankel religiously? Out yourselves! Do I win a booby prize for at least knowing she’s famous for being…famous? That’s right, right? Like she wasn’t a known commodity prior to …doing whatever it is that she’s apparently uber famous for? Did I spell her name right? I would just *hate* to insult such an uber celebrity by misspelling her name. 

So it's only misogynistic if you dislike and/or disagree with certain women then?

EDIT Sorry @Giraffe I realize my snarkiness was misdirected at you.  Blame me trying to catch up on this thread at midnight. 

Edited by zee_four
Was wrong
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

I got the time to read The Cut article and I have to agree with @LilaMae that I found it a weird interview.   The Mandela reference was something that even if that happened and what was said was word-for-word true, it's so over the top that it would go in the "things not to be repeated in public" file IMHO.  I mean how in the world does the release of another country's imprisoned leader for decades compare to a wedding, even a world famous one?

On 8/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, LilaMae said:

1. She's going through all the "finally finding my voice" stuff again. She's been out of the Firm for longer than she was in it! She's had well over two years to use her voice, and the Oprah interview came about a year after they left. How much longer is she going to play on this?

This statement stuck out to me for the same reasons.    It's been two years, she wasn't in the Firm for very long and she certainly used her voice in that Oprah interview.   There was no hesitation in bashing the RF which was IMHO poor form no matter what had happened between all of them (and yes, I think the RF and Markles could rival each other in the toxic family department) but publicly bashing Harry's family was no different than the Markle family bashing H&M.  There was a chance to take the high road here but no.   This is where H&M lost me.   Up to that point, I supported their leaving the RF to forge a different life, I thought good for them.  That there would be some missteps is understandable but the Oprah interview was not one of them IMHO.  It would have been much better to focus on their charities, projects, their young family, the positives but instead it was a big whine fest.

On 9/2/2022 at 2:58 AM, just_ordinary said:

It’s really unclear. I think the relationship was already distant when she met H. I mean he never met him, not when they got serious, not when they got engaged.  She probably still wanted him to play a part. Not unusual really.  And when Thomas stepped out of line it all spiralled out of control. I could be completely wrong, but I always prefer to believe the minimum drama version.

Regarding the situation with Thomas, I always thought there were issues in the relationship that had been going on for some time, long before Harry was in the picture.   Initially I had some sympathy for Thomas until he started giving hostile interviews to the press, I had sympathy for Meghan in dealing with all that and while I have no problem with her cutting off her father, I have since gotten the feeling that both of them are truly difficult people.

On 9/1/2022 at 6:07 PM, tabitha2 said:

Archie and Lilibet have my deepest sympathy and I mean that very seriously. 

After reading this article, I had the same feeling.  While I have no doubt H&M truly love their kids, having these two as parents could make for some very challenging times growing up.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

The source occasionally gets facts right, but rarely packages them accurately.  I have run into the “Charles is bewildered” assertion by “unnamed  friends” in other reports, and, frankly, I believe it, because I am bewildered too.

Maybe it’s a generational thing, but I honestly don’t understand why Harry and Meghan are doing what they are doing the way they are doing it.  I mean, even if your parents hurt you, feuding with them publicly is ugly and to be avoided.

The interview for “The Cut,” we all agree, was pretty odd.

I wonder if they are deliberately doing things this way to stay in the news (sacrifice credibility and trust for celebrity) or if it is just bad management.

• Upvote 7

I don’t think it’s generational.  I’m smack in the middle of the millennial generation and I cannot figure out what H&M are up to either. These public feuds with ugly, personal attacks just scream tabloid trash to me, and I can’t think of anyone with an ounce of manners who would behave in such a tacky way.  It’s honestly mind-boggling. I would die of mortification before I’d engage in shit like that, and most people I know would also. 

• Upvote 13

I've long thought some of Meghan's and now Harry's team should be fired for incomepetence or simply not being able to foresee the result of what they advise.  I guess it's possible they are giving good advice and it's being ignored. . . .

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I think the RF and Markles could rival each other in the toxic family department

Probably all that needs to be said in this thread, tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I've long thought some of Meghan's and now Harry's team should be fired for incomepetence or simply not being able to foresee the result of what they advise.  I guess it's possible they are giving good advice and it's being ignored. . . .

I think Harry & Meghan have proven over and over that they believe they know best and will do what they want, regardless of what they’re advised. I would hate to be their managers. 

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, viii said:

I think Harry & Meghan have proven over and over that they believe they know best and will do what they want, regardless of what they’re advised. I would hate to be their managers. 

Given the turnover in their staff over time I suspect that they either ignore advice or staff just simply tells them what they want to hear just to survive in the job.  Because some of what they have done has been appallingly bad PR (cue Oprah interview as one example) how anyone could think that was a good idea.......

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 9/4/2022 at 9:49 AM, Jackie3 said:

It's true. Making a podcast hurts millions of people, pollutes the environment and causes disease! It's worse than fracking.

Perhaps you don’t have the ability to understand that negative acts are not all equal. I’ll try to explain it.

There are many things that most people would put into the “I wouldn’t do something like that” basket and they are not mutually exclusive.

People with higher order and critical thinking skills can understand that fracking (or flying to a one day polo match in a private jet whilst having the kit delivered in a separate car - if we’re talking about polluting the environment) and dishonestly recounting events on a podcast to cash in on untrue stories and ‘laugh all the way to the bank’ are nasty things to do.

It doesn’t have to be either/or. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Given the turnover in their staff over time I suspect that they either ignore advice or staff just simply tells them what they want to hear just to survive in the job.  Because some of what they have done has been appallingly bad PR (cue Oprah interview as one example) how anyone could think that was a good idea.......

But you would think H&M might realise on their own that their „let’s bring the RF ‘round for another public beating” is not doing them any favours. People don’t sympathise with extremely privileged people whining about their lot in life (and I think that’s even more true for royals). People don’t like it when you seemingly kick someone who doesn’t defend themselves. People start to doubt you when they catch you lying or at least with massive inconsistencies. People listen to them because of the dirt they dig up and to see how they make idiots out of themselves again. That’s not a sustainable strategy. There is a difference if people listen because of drama or because they believe you.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 9/3/2022 at 4:01 PM, EmCatlyn said:

I’d never considered it before, but maybe Meghan had a major “Wannabee” crush on Diana that she suppressed until she met Harry, and now she is giving it full rein.

Meghan didn't sit around mooning about the royals when she was young. She had a busy, active life, even as a kid.

She performed in many school plays. Was chosen Homecoming Queen (at a neighboring boys school). Worked as a volunteer on Skid Row for many years. Graduated HS with many honors.  Went to a top-tier college. Joined a sorority. Went to parties. Dated a lot. Built lasting friendships. Developed relationships with mentors. Went to auditions. Acted on Suits.  Had a glamorous first wedding.

A busy,, full life. I don't think she envied an unhappy woman across the pond, in a loveless marriage whose life was bound by archaic rules. Why would she "wannabee" Diana? I think Diana would've had a "Wannabee" crush on her.

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

But you would think H&M might realise on their own that their „let’s bring the RF ‘round for another public beating” is not doing them any favours. People don’t sympathise with extremely privileged people whining about their lot in life (and I think that’s even more true for royals).

Maybe they don't care what people think? Maybe they are just speaking their own truth? 

I mean, why would they need good or bad PR? They have all the money they need,  lovely children, a beautiful home. They'll be famous for the rest of their lives, without any effort (though that's hardly a good thing IMO). In that position, why would they cater to anyone, or even care what others thought?

So what if "people dont' sympathize with them"? That's Wills and Kate's job, to make people sympathize with them. 

They aren't the royal family, who NEED to please the public. Harry and Meghan could live on the money they have for the rest of their lives. They aren't looking for handouts from the public.

19 hours ago, viii said:

I think Harry & Meghan have proven over and over that they believe they know best and will do what they want, regardless of what they’re advised.  I would hate to be their managers. 

They trust themselves, and can't be influenced by others.  Pretty healthy mindset. People who are 'influenced" by "managers" are generally weak-willed. By the time you are 40, you really should have the kind of confidence to know what is right for you.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 5

19 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Why fire them? Meghan and Harry are rich and famous, with a wildly successful podcast and a book that sure' to be a bestseller. What has this team done wrong, exactly? Did you think they've gotten more than $125 million from Spotify and Netflix? I think the team has done a great job.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 4

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

But you would think H&M might realise on their own that their „let’s bring the RF ‘round for another public beating” is not doing them any favours. People don’t sympathise with extremely privileged people whining about their lot in life (and I think that’s even more true for royals).

Exactly this.   It should be obvious that constantly disparaging the RF doesn't work over the long term and especially after the disastrous (IMHO) Oprah interview.  The backlash from that should have been enough.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

If Meghan went to parties it shows that she is a great person.

If Kate went to parties  it shows that she is a useless  loser.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Right??? Kate did about the same things, she was an active child that did many sports, she graduated from a prestigious high School, she went to a prestigious uni and graduated with excellent marks, she partied and dated and made friendships, she found a job and wasn't able to keep it because of paparazzi so she went to work in the family business (which a lot of children of families with a business do, that's the reason they are called family businesses) and started various projects as a Royal but hey, according to her trollness the only woman to ever work or study was Meghan Markle.

The rest of people that lives a very normal life (because Meghan's life is pretty normal, I know various people that had more or less the same experiences as Meghan if not more, of course with the cultural differences of the case) are doing nothing with their life

Thank you for letting me know

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Meghan went to parties in college, as Kate did. Pretty normal.

But when partying and vacations is all you do, it's pretty sad. Even the Queen supposedly commented on Kate's indolence.

Calling someone a "loser" is pretty harsh, but I do think Kate missed out on a lot of life. 

It's fair to say that Meghan has led a much richer life.

• Move Along 5

23 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Meghan went to parties in college, as Kate did. Pretty normal.

But when partying and vacations is all you do, it's pretty sad. Even the Queen supposedly commented on Kate's indolence.

Calling someone a "loser" is pretty harsh, but I do think Kate missed out on a lot of life. 

It's fair to say that Meghan has led a much richer life.

I’m actually going to agree with this, as much as it pains me. However, I don’t think you can fully paint blame on Kate. Maybe she did wait around for William to propose, but if the media wasn’t so intrusive, she would have been able to have a more “normal” life before she was married. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, viii said:

I’m actually going to agree with this, as much as it pains me. However, I don’t think you can fully paint blame on Kate. Maybe she did wait around for William to propose, but if the media wasn’t so intrusive, she would have been able to have a more “normal” life before she was married. 

If Kate could go out shopping, to bars, restaurants and resorts, why couldn't she go out to a job?

Or do some community service?

The media was so intrusive that she couldn't work, but she could go shopping, out to eat, drinking, fly on holidays and go to resorts?

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2

If Kate was happy and felt she was living her best life who the hell cares? Was she hurting anyone? No! 

Again, she volunteered and travelled for non profit groups. She went to a top school and got excellent grades. She did work as well. It’s not like she spent all day lounging and drinking mai tai’s waited on hand and foot when not spending hours and millions shopping and then clubbing every night.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 12

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

If Kate was happy and felt she was living her best life who the hell cares? 

I think Meghan is happy and living her best life, so who the hell cares? 

• Move Along 2
  • Eyeroll 1

I don’t particularly think Meghan and Harry are all that happy.People who  hold grudges, feel permanently victimized and can’t let go of supposed wrongs can’t really be happy IMO . 

You keep going on about money and notoriety but that does not bring one happiness by a long long shot and maybe that’s one more thing you were never taught. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic